Olaf 'Viking' Karlsson - CO Application

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Olaf 'Viking' Karlsson - CO Application

Post by Jakkkk » 04 Apr 2018, 03:28

Byond ID: Jakkkk

Player name you use the most: Olaf 'Viking' Karlsson and Mortimer.

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps: No notes, and my synthetic application viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines? Yes, I understand that being a mentor doesn't make me any less accountable that a regular player, and I'm glad that we hold everyone to the same standard in such a community.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions? Yes, a BE is there to enforce the law or instill a sense of fear or respect into your marines. The whole point of a BE is to take someone out who is a threat to the mission in an immediate fashion if the luxury of proper MP procedures aren't there to be followed. They can also be used to whip marines that don't want to follow orders into shape, but overused results in a mutiny, or just a general hatred by the community.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself? The job of enforcing Marine Law is left to the MP's, I'll ring them up whenever Jones is stolen or something else happens.

What do you think is the job of a Commander? The job of a Commander is to make basic plans, and then let the combined effort of the CIC staff to work out the specifics and further expand upon the ideas set down by the Commander. There is no reason for the Commander to only allow himself to make the decisions for the operation, it is a good idea to use the assistance of the XO and SO's to help attempt and win the operation. However, it isn't always about winning, and I also believe a good CO should make the round fun for the Almayer crew, as well as the marines as a whole.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it? I would give them a stern talking to in private, and if they continue to disobey my directives, I'd call up the MP's to arrest them for insubordination.

Why should you be whitelisted? I've been a no note player of the community for a long time, and I also have a synthetic whitelist to my name. This shows that I can accurately uphold the rules of the server, as well as RPing to a higher standard. I played XO and SO frequently for a couple weeks, then after that I played the basic marine a lot to try and get an insight as to the lack of communication between the commander and the situation of the groundside operation. Fixing this issue by talking to the squads more than the SO's wouldn't be for the sole purpose of trying to win more, but it is a great feeling as a marine to know your Commander is checking in and sincerely caring about the wellbeing of even the most insignificant marine.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

NethIafins
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin

Re: Olaf 'Viking' Karlsson - CO Application

Post by NethIafins » 04 Apr 2018, 03:35

Yup. +1
Never had issues with your playstyle and your synth app and gameplay are proof to your roleplay ability
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

Atom Smith
Byond: PrivateAtom
Steam: PrivateAtom

Post by Atom Smith » 04 Apr 2018, 04:07

+1
From instances I've observed with his RP and handling of many situations, this would be another tool for him to extend his reach and be able to affect more people in a positive way of course.

- To look out for your own is like true nature.
- The guy who will always give his life for the survival of others.
- To look at others as if they are a reflection of themselves.

From order, comes freedom.

WinterClould
Byond: WinterClould
Steam: 『WinterClould』

Post by WinterClould » 04 Apr 2018, 04:54

Jakkkk is a smooth operator. I trust as a mentor he can handle shit well and bring on the marine majors. Morty is a lad and Olaf is rad so it's safe to say that he can even RP on top of kicking things butts.

+1
Chen "DiscoKing" Westinton Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award. My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Post by taketheshot56 » 04 Apr 2018, 05:43

Considering I told you to make one earlier, Yes please, mortimer is a hoot to have around and I would love to see you as CO +1
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

solidfury7

Post by solidfury7 » 04 Apr 2018, 08:59

+1

Good roleplayer, I would like to see you as XO and SO more however before fully commiting to CO.
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
CMP
Captain
Staff Officer

edda
Byond: Edda

Post by edda » 04 Apr 2018, 18:40

+1, Mortimer is a great synth and Viking is a proper viking.
Finnian Cottier

zoboomafoo
Byond: zoboomafoo97

Post by zoboomafoo » 05 Apr 2018, 05:11

Jakkkk could definitely run a good op. Karlsson and Mortimer are also both really well role played, love seeing them around.

+1
Lyla Pycroft
I play aliens a lot too
Image x 20 Image
ImageImage

RobBrown4PM

Post by RobBrown4PM » 05 Apr 2018, 12:04

+1, excellent RPer as Mortimer. I've also seen you in the XO role a number of times, and you've held your own.
Mains: Roberto 'Taco' Moreno
Usual Jobs: SL/Spec/SG/Engie/XO

Adralimas
Byond: Adralimas

Post by Adralimas » 08 Apr 2018, 19:47

Ye sure!, +1!
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell Broadcasts: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... -funny.jpg

Lukey111
Byond: Lukey111

Post by Lukey111 » 09 Apr 2018, 08:16

Why do I have to make reasons? Gud morty. 1+
I play as Monday "Scatter" Williams, he is the guy that takes no one seriously, except his good friend, his work.
Image Image
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams
"There’s no such thing as a crowded battlefield. Battlefields are lonely places." —General Alfred M. Gray, 29th CMC

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 20 Apr 2018, 22:43

I'll give you the +1 I've seen your character quite a lot, and believe you'll more than capable in the CO role.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

Omicega
Byond: Omicega

Post by Omicega » 30 Apr 2018, 09:53

Excellent roleplayer. Potential lack of command experience a non-issue. +1

I play Alicia Parker, Naomi Bowman, and Chloe.

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Post by Sleepy Retard » 03 May 2018, 10:09

Plays a good synth, quite rare at this rate. Pretty good person all round, would be reliable as command. Put effort into the app.

+1 used more than one font on his application.
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

DeusMortis
Byond: DeusMort1s

Post by DeusMortis » 05 May 2018, 19:03

A user that has shown to be able to consistently deliver great roleplay whether as a Marine or a Synth.

Already proved himself as a competent mentor as well a player who's knowledgeable of how each Marine role works.

A very obvious +1.
Emilio Greene
John

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 06 May 2018, 03:23

Its quite obvious morty.

+1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

AmazinglyAmazing
Byond: AmazinglyAmazing
Steam: KeithTheBadBoy

Post by AmazinglyAmazing » 06 May 2018, 03:33

I've seen both Viking and Mortimer plenty around the ship- and they're both great. I've never had any issues with either of them. I haven't been around much I guess when it comes to him being in Command roles, but he RPs well and I trust him with this role. It's a +1 from me.
Characters:
PFC Paul 'Grunt' Lorenz | Jackson 'Stiggs' Hopper ---> Image Image
Epic lookin' tennis ball (avatar picture) created by Manezinho & wonderful pixel marines created by Okand37!

Sulaboy
Byond: Sulaboy
Steam: Danger

Post by Sulaboy » 06 May 2018, 04:16

I haven't had many interactions with Olaf, but I've been around Mortimer alot, and he's one of my favorite synths. I'm sure that Olaf would make a great CO. I like most of his application so I'm happy to give my support. +1
Clancy 'Danger' Long
Ethan
A̸̧̭̰̮̰̜̥͈̱̲̫̲̭͋̄̈̍̉̓̿̊̃H̸͈̬̗̓̄̒̇̿̀̏̎͑͊̇̃̇͝Ĥ̴̨̧̨̩̞̗̤͝ͅH̴͔͕͊̄̓̐̀͝

Rohesie
Byond: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » 06 May 2018, 11:20

Mortimer is my favorite synth of all. Olaf I've seen less, but have only neutral and positive memories of him.

I'd like to see more RPing commanders, specially of the high standard this player displays.

+1
Chibi Lyds by Okand37

AccointNaim
Byond: AccointNaim

Post by AccointNaim » 08 May 2018, 15:04

Oh hey guys its Mortimer, you know, the good synth? Who RPs?

+1
Image UPP-SSGT Edwurd Menk | Pro Synth Hacker

NGGJamie
Host
Host
Byond: NGGJamie

Post by NGGJamie » 16 May 2018, 06:19

Accepted

Good votes, good Synth.
Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Server Status

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - Present

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.