Jenner's CO App #3

JennerH
Byond: JennerH
Steam: Chocolate Thunder

Jenner's CO App #3

Post by JennerH » 14 Jul 2018, 20:09

Byond ID: JennerH

Player name you use the most: Madison Delaney and Daisy Cooper

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=16790 (most recent CO app)
https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16232 (Approved Synth app)
https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=15460 (super old CO app)
https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=15841 (denied pred app)
https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=16384 (Final JB appeal, approved-Ban reason; lubing medbay as researcher)

(if I missed anything let me know, old links don't work either since the domain name change)
Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
I understand wholeheartedly. I will do my best to remain within the roleplay guidelines and I feel very confident that I'll be capable of avoiding any rule breaks.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions?
Yes, the battlefield execution is a roleplay tool that allows commanders to deal with threats to their leadership or the crew/mission permanently. However, it shouldn't be dished out for any old reason, and if I'm unsure, I should ahelp if possible to make sure such an action is necessary or even allowed. Basically, I have the power to take someone from the round, and the knowledge of that power should be enough in most cases, and I should only rarely actually use it. When I use it is ultimately up to me.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself?
The CMP has the final say for anything falling under marine law, and I am not an MP. My job is to lead and maintain the CiC and the battalion, not police them. I am also not above being arrested, nor should I blow the head off of any MP that attempts to apprehend me.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
The commander is the highest ranking member of the command staff, and their job is to formulate a plan for the round, manage the CIC and add good roleplay to the round. They have the final say with anything that involves their ship but doesn't fall under marine law, and they are capable of not only leading from the ship, but also deploying and leading by example, when necessary. They are a very powerful member of the marine side, and could easily make or break a marine charge from morale alone.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it?
First and foremost, I would size up their insubordination and determine if it has caused any significant harm to the mission. If it's a minor miscommunication I'll try to steer them back on course. If they are blatantly disobeying orders I'll have them brigged for insubordination, and if they question my leadership I'll make an example of them how I see fit. that does not immediately mean a BE, but based on the situation that option is always on the table.

Why should you be whitelisted?
I believe I'm plenty capable of playing in this role, and my experience with my synthetic whitelist has made me fairly confident I'd be able to handle it. I think when I play command staff that I'm good, or at least interesting enough, and I like the idea of being the commander of 100~ players, where my decisions have weight and could effect the entire outcome of a round.
Last edited by JennerH on 14 Jul 2018, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Delaney
----------- Song of the Month -------------------
https://youtu.be/wdNAYokSlCc

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Re: Jenner's CO App #3

Post by Sleepy Retard » 14 Jul 2018, 20:15

have you played a single command role recently
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

JennerH

Post by JennerH » 14 Jul 2018, 20:16

El Defaultio wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 20:15
have you played a single command role recently
yeah, XO and SO multiple rounds as Daisy Cooper
Delaney

Imperator_Titan
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 15 Jul 2018, 00:25

Good application seeing as how it's more than a sentence now, good player and quite a longterm one and quality RPer. I don't think you'd have many issues as a commander, if at all.

+1

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 15 Jul 2018, 01:23

Same as last time on your application.+1

Just be sure you keep playing Command roles so people know who you are.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Post by Sleepy Retard » 15 Jul 2018, 01:24

yeah ok retard just keep playing command roles and don't shit the bed you're good in my book
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

SovietKitty

Post by SovietKitty » 15 Jul 2018, 02:57

I'd +1 Jenner.

I've seen them around a lot. Their recent return makes me pretty happy to, they're a pleasure to be around and have been selfless in sacrificing their round for the enjoyment of others on multiple occasions.
hi, smile.

nerocavalier
Byond: NeroCavalier

Post by nerocavalier » 15 Jul 2018, 05:49

+1. Actually put in effort for the app this time. People know them enough to follow their orders and that's good enough for me.
Troublesome, as usual.

adrenalinetooth
Byond: Adrenalinetooth

Post by adrenalinetooth » 15 Jul 2018, 22:17

I'll write a scenario. Answer it well and I will give you a +1:

The map is Big Red with 20 marines per squad and about 30 aliens. You are waking up as commander 30 minutes into the round. The XO has sent charlie to scout east towards Lambda Labs, but they were wiped out immediately and completely by a rush of robust xenos from Lambda Labs.
Alpha is on FOB duty but the defenses aren't even a quarter finished. Bravo is at engineering repairing power, and Delta is scouting out Research Labs with almost no contacts.

The xenos that wiped out Charlie are currently moving towards north of Engineering to surround and wipe out Bravo and Delta.
You have CAS available, and a very robust tank team standing by at LZ1.

As the commander waking up, how do you save Bravo and Delta from dying a horrible death? You only have a few minutes to make orders before they get surrounded.

JennerH

Post by JennerH » 16 Jul 2018, 04:24

adrenalinetooth wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 22:17
I'll write a scenario. Answer it well and I will give you a +1:

The map is Big Red with 20 marines per squad and about 30 aliens. You are waking up as commander 30 minutes into the round. The XO has sent charlie to scout east towards Lambda Labs, but they were wiped out immediately and completely by a rush of robust xenos from Lambda Labs.
Alpha is on FOB duty but the defenses aren't even a quarter finished. Bravo is at engineering repairing power, and Delta is scouting out Research Labs with almost no contacts.

The xenos that wiped out Charlie are currently moving towards north of Engineering to surround and wipe out Bravo and Delta.
You have CAS available, and a very robust tank team standing by at LZ1.

As the commander waking up, how do you save Bravo and Delta from dying a horrible death? You only have a few minutes to make orders before they get surrounded.
Assuming my orders are heard and followed through with, I'd have Alpha engineers continue to fortify LZ1 while the rest of alpha take up positions just inside security and medical. Delta would follow the road northeast through filtration towards chapel to hit the xenos from behind as well as block off lambda labs, while Bravo heads north from engineering towards the bar. a tangent of bravo will link up with the tank, which will smash through medbay from the viro road, as shown on the map. DS2 will become CAS if it hasn't already and marines will be authorized to use it, amd if Alpha has mortars they are to be used as well. should my plan work, the main xeno force will be cut off, surrounded and hopefully destroyed, which will open up a marine push to lambda and an eventual marine major.

Blue is Delta, Yellow is Bravo, Red is Alpha, Pink is the tank and the purple Xs are Charlie's last known location and the assumed position of the xeno push.

-Edit, just realized I made a plan for a slightly different scenario than the one you proposed, where instead of the xenos pushing straight for delta and bravo they head up the middle road towards LZ1. this plan could still work, but instead of the tank cutting through medbay it heads south to engineering, bravo stays one singular unit and all push bar and through offices, and delta remains the same. Alpha pushes through medbay and security to intercept the xenos/flank them, and hopefully that works.
Delaney

adrenalinetooth
Byond: Adrenalinetooth

Post by adrenalinetooth » 16 Jul 2018, 06:28

JennerH wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 04:24
Assuming my orders are heard and followed through with, I'd have Alpha engineers continue to fortify LZ1 while the rest of alpha take up positions just inside security and medical. Delta would follow the road northeast through filtration towards chapel to hit the xenos from behind as well as block off lambda labs, while Bravo heads north from engineering towards the bar. a tangent of bravo will link up with the tank, which will smash through medbay from the viro road, as shown on the map. DS2 will become CAS if it hasn't already and marines will be authorized to use it, amd if Alpha has mortars they are to be used as well. should my plan work, the main xeno force will be cut off, surrounded and hopefully destroyed, which will open up a marine push to lambda and an eventual marine major.

Blue is Delta, Yellow is Bravo, Red is Alpha, Pink is the tank and the purple Xs are Charlie's last known location and the assumed position of the xeno push.

-Edit, just realized I made a plan for a slightly different scenario than the one you proposed, where instead of the xenos pushing straight for delta and bravo they head up the middle road towards LZ1. this plan could still work, but instead of the tank cutting through medbay it heads south to engineering, bravo stays one singular unit and all push bar and through offices, and delta remains the same. Alpha pushes through medbay and security to intercept the xenos/flank them, and hopefully that works.

The scenario was based off of a major xeno victory round from 5 or 6 months ago where the xenos wiped out charlie, delta, bravo, and then alpha at FOB in 45 minutes flat.

In reality the XO made marines hold their ground until Delta died, and the aliens killed Bravo as they were retreating. FOB wasn't even finished and alpha died next.

In your response you show efforts to foil the enemy attack before they carry it out and hit them in the flanks where they are thin, punish them for overextending. If done quickly these plans could foil the xenos before they get too stacked, but given the retard fudge factor for marines at least one squad is going to fuck up and get everyone else killed due to their lack of presence. The best thing to do is give the reliable squads with the familiar faces the hard tasks. For example I wouldn't rely on bravo to blow a way for the tank fast enough, but you do have a backup plan. Also, I would bet on the Queen still being inside Lambda with some xenos even if you spoiled the attack of the ones outside.

So all in all, in the face of the deathrush you took advantage of their stretched out positioning and hit them where they are thin. Squads are 20 men each so they should be well able to hold decently as long as they don't end up in the front of the mess like Charlie did and flank the weak spots (which you did).
You seem to know what you are doing,
+1

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 16 Jul 2018, 06:38

I've played with Spicey maybe once, but Jenner has be around longer then me, so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Quick question before I throw my vote in the ring.

Alpha squad and delta squad are dead. Bravo and Charlie are decimated, and there's maybe 30 marines left with 20 xenos left per the last ARES transmission.
Someone in the hanger is screaming "ALAMO GONE" and you check the cameras and see it's planetside. You see the queen and multiple xenos board it before the cameras slice.

What do you order?

JennerH

Post by JennerH » 16 Jul 2018, 07:46

Thesoldier wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 06:38
I've played with Spicey maybe once, but Jenner has be around longer then me, so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Quick question before I throw my vote in the ring.

Alpha squad and delta squad are dead. Bravo and Charlie are decimated, and there's maybe 30 marines left with 20 xenos left per the last ARES transmission.
Someone in the hanger is screaming "ALAMO GONE" and you check the cameras and see it's planetside. You see the queen and multiple xenos board it before the cameras slice.

What do you order?
assuming the 30 or so marines are aboard the almayer, I'd try to recall the alamo with an order for every capable combat unit to the hangar to repel boarders, assuming it actually recalled. if the queen locked the shuttle, I'd order code blue and recommend everyone stay on alert, and to report any suspicious activity as it must be a traiter. dumb bugs can't fly dropships, right?!
Delaney

ThesoldierLLJK

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 16 Jul 2018, 08:09

JennerH wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 07:46
assuming the 30 or so marines are aboard the almayer, I'd try to recall the alamo with an order for every capable combat unit to the hangar to repel boarders, assuming it actually recalled. if the queen locked the shuttle, I'd order code blue and recommend everyone stay on alert, and to report any suspicious activity as it must be a traiter. dumb bugs can't fly dropships, right?!
UNSCHEDULED DROP SHIP DEPARTURE DETECTED HIJACK LIKELY.
Good effort on trying to not break meta, but I guess I should have finished my scenario that they're coming.
What would your plan be?

JennerH

Post by JennerH » 16 Jul 2018, 08:14

Thesoldier wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 08:09
UNSCHEDULED DROP SHIP DEPARTURE DETECTED HIJACK LIKELY.
Good effort on trying to not break meta, but I guess I should have finished my scenario that they're coming.
What would your plan be?
code red, action stations. spread marines out between medbay, req, CIC and upper corridors for good coverage. make sure everyone knows that they need to move towards the impact site and to fortify the ladders, both top and bottom. Medbay should be fortified if wounded are still being worked on, and engineers should be geared to fix equipment if the crash breaks it. that last part is a bit iffy, but the rest feels like a reasonable response to me.
Delaney

ThesoldierLLJK

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 16 Jul 2018, 08:23

JennerH wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 08:14
code red, action stations. spread marines out between medbay, req, CIC and upper corridors for good coverage. make sure everyone knows that they need to move towards the impact site and to fortify the ladders, both top and bottom. Medbay should be fortified if wounded are still being worked on, and engineers should be geared to fix equipment if the crash breaks it. that last part is a bit iffy, but the rest feels like a reasonable response to me.
Standard answer, +1

Sargeantmuffinman

Post by Sargeantmuffinman » 16 Jul 2018, 08:53

Needs a weee bit more feedback.
George S.Patton once said:No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

I don't like cute things.

Good hunting.

Enceri
Byond: Enceri

Post by Enceri » 17 Jul 2018, 17:07

I've known Jenner since they've essentially started playing CM, give or take a few days. I've seen them play command multiple times and I haven't been playing much as of recent but I still know that they'd do their best as CO from what I remember of those command rounds.

+1, good luck.

Arbs
Byond: Arbs

Post by Arbs » 18 Jul 2018, 02:38

Glad to see you didnt give up. Better luck this time. My opinion reminds unchanged from your last application so +1.

Try to be XO/SO more often these days so that people can have more material to provide you feedback from.

Elcheba
Byond: elcheba

Post by Elcheba » 20 Jul 2018, 10:34

+1
I've played some rounds with Jenner as aCO and i can say that he can totally pull his weight.

Karmac
Byond: Karmac
Steam: Karmac

Post by Karmac » 22 Jul 2018, 04:17

>ahelp to see if its ok to BE

sounds like someone lacks the alpha genes all CO's require

also I don't trust you to not ERP the cat so -1
Garth Pawolski, or is it Powalski?

Back in action.

Survivor
Byond: Dr. Lance

Post by Survivor » 23 Jul 2018, 12:09

I'll give it a +1. They are all around a great player, and seem to do fine every time I see them XO.
"Sorry, but... I'm the only winner in this story." - Commander Pierce Jackson

Commodore Pierce Jackson/Jack "Survivor" Lance

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

PM me if you have any questions about CO

Sambalu

Post by Sambalu » 25 Jul 2018, 06:06

App looks decent, and they're a good player.
+1

Retrokinesis
Byond: Retrokinesis

Post by Retrokinesis » 25 Jul 2018, 17:12

App is OK, but your answers in the rest of the thread are good and I know you can RP very well. I'd like to see a bit more command rounds, but what I've seen indicates you're more than capable of handling the responsibility.

+1
Audrey Aulin, found (drinking tea) in various roles

Evelyn, the ever-helpful synth

Ghostdex
Byond: Ghostdex

Post by Ghostdex » 27 Jul 2018, 04:18

What Karmac said, +1
John 'Fixer' Donable
Kara Walsh
Kjuhte-Teer
Part of the Yautja Council with SpartanBobby, Imperator_Titan, Sailor Dave and Symbiosis. Feel free to PM any of us with questions about Predator
Something a bit funny: http://i.imgur.com/lKfpvwd.png
The story of Operative Delta: https://imgur.com/Go3VIhs https://imgur.com/4K8AqdA