Lieutenant Commander Frans Feiffer, requesting his own Coffeeboy

Frans_Feiffer
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Lieutenant Commander Frans Feiffer, requesting his own Coffeeboy

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 17 Jul 2018, 21:12

Byond ID: Frans_Feiffer

Player name you use the most: Frans ‘Phoenix’ Feiffer

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link:

https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17584 - Denied, and for very good reason. The comments there though really helped me a lot though (Lookin’ at you chubs)

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?

Aye, and that is something I respect about this server. Just because you are a donor or a staff member, doesn’t mean you can just go around and break all the rules or guidelines as you please. I believe it is perfectly fair to have your whitelist status removed if you decide to do something stupid and break the rules, and I hope if I ever do break the rules, it is judged and dealt with accordingly by the proper advisors.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions?

Battlefield executions are something that i’ve looked into out of game, as well as seen ingame. The way I see it, is the Battlefield Execution is a tool to only ever be used, if an individual is a direct threat to the success of an operation, and to not be taken lightly. To just go around battlefield executioning individuals because you can, or because they messed up is an abuse of the mechanic, and should be punishable by the proper authority. It is meant to keep the integrity of an operation from being affected by the actions of one or more individuals, not to satisfy the Commander amd give him a tool to execute whoever he wants. It should not be given out as if it were candy.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself?

As CO, You are not the law, nor are you above it. The law should only be enforced by The CMP, MPs, or a Synth, and no matter who you are or what rank you have, it does not automatically give you the right to up and disobey the law as you please. Marine law is there to make sure all marines aboard the USS Almayer are kept in order, not beating each other up, ignoring their duties as whatever role they play that round and so forth. It keeps the crew in line, and functioning. You can break the rules all you want, and claim you’re above them as you wish, but get ready to face the consequences of your actions. Rules are there for a reason, in game, and out, therefore abide by them, and you’ll be fine. If not, you can cause problems for others and therefore deserve to be punished accordingly by the proper authority.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?

I believe as the Commander, it is a given to lead your men the best you can, whether marines win that round or not, but I believe it goes further then this, as I believe the job of the commander is to provide those individuals playing as marines a fun and interesting experience. It is expected of you to Roleplay moreso then most roles, so use it to your advantage. You are the Commander of the Falling Falcons and as such, it is up to you to give your men a valid reason to go down and fight until their death, or until it is necessary to Evac from the planet. when the round starts, you are told a distress beacon has been received from a nearby colony or station, and it is your job to investigate. Now, you could just say, “Alright men, let’s fuck some shit up down there” or you can elaborate on the situation, and give purpose to the mission at hand, something that is nice to have when every round is in one way or another the same as the ones before. As CO, you are the most influential individual on the ship, and therefore have control over which direction the story of that round goes. It doesn’t mean that you are capable of having control over every facet of the game, but it does mean what you say and the way you act affects your crews demeanor. Roleplay well, give your men a sense of direction, while communicating with your command what needs to be done and planning with them how to get it done, and your men won’t mind being sent planetside where death is highly probable. Shitpost with announcements, don’t take it seriously, and when your men die and are sent to Deadchat, they will talk up a storm about how you were trash and it’s a wonder you even got whitelisted in the firstplace.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it?

The deciding factor would be why they were disobeying orders in the first place:

I had bad intel, and they recognized that - if I have bad intel, whether it just be late,
Or otherwise, I would hope that my subordinates would realize that, and make a course of action to ensure my order didn’t end the game of multiple marines. I would however like it if they informed me before doing so, but either way if they know something I don’t and make a better call, I respect that. The plan is for this scenario to not play out too often, else i’d be failing as a Commander.

They simply think they know better, and as such ignore my orders - In this scenario, I would warn my subordinate and try to set them straight. If they do so, and begin to follow commands as ordered, then great. No need to bug them further unless they continue. If they do continue to ignore me however, then I would have them marked for Insub and dealt with by the MPs. It isn’t my job to arrest them, nor is it my job to deal them a good ol’ helping of Marine Law. That, and it would get in the way of the OP if I focused more on them then ensuring my men were up to date with intel and fighting the good fight.

They simply did not hear my orders - In this scenario, I would ask them to pay more attention next time, however I would not punish them. With everything that can happen in a round, I don’t blame them for missing an order here or there. But if it does continue, it can become a hindrance to the OP and at that point I would warn them, before having the MPs deal with that subordinate if it continued.

If anyone has a scenario in mind, and they would like to know how i’d deal with it as CO, please ask in the comments, and I will be more then happy to respond to it best I can.

Why should you be whitelisted?

I believe I should be whitelisted, for I feel I could offer a lot to any given round. I most often main XO, but have delved into almost every other role enough to know their objective for each round, and of course with that, playing constantly every day on both high pop and low pop rounds, I have been given the chance to actually play the CO, in a role that normally is just an overglorified coffee boy. All jokes aside, I feel I know what it takes to be CO, and with the knowledge I possess of the roles aboard the USS Almayer, I feel as if I could bring a purpose to each round, and give the individuals under my command a reason to play and enjoy that round to the fullest. The main goal of mine of course would be to win the round, but I realize victory isn’t always an option. That’s why i’d like to try and give every role a sense of importance, and have everyone feel like they contributed to the overall objective by the end of it, whether it ends with the hive dealt with, or the Almayer being infested with bugs. Being Commander is something i’m willing to work for, whether that means being more active on the forums or so forth, so I am more then happy to take criticisms and do whatever is neccessary to become whitelisted.
“Your Friendly Neighborhood Commodore, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam, Austrian Kommodore vith ze vorst accent, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.” Frans Feiffer's Promotion to Commander - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008
The Day I sold my Soul to Titan - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18263
Yeyin R'ka Joins the Ranks of Blooded - viewtopic.php?f=125&t=18549
Darwin is Booted up and Assigned to the USS Almayer - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18897
Commander Council term 1, Alongside the Men, the Myths, the Legends, Bancrose, Lumdor, Dr. Lance, and Taketheshot56. - viewtopic.php?f=137&t=18907
Have any Questions for me? Feel Free to PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can ^_^

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Re: Lieutenant Commander Frans Feiffer, requesting his own Coffeeboy

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 17 Jul 2018, 21:16

About goddamn time, I've been waiting for this. Had him has XO or SO plenty of times and he knows what he's doing.
+1 to the max

Imperator_Titan
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 18 Jul 2018, 05:01

Good and in depth application and responded extremely well to criticism on his pred app. I've never seen you around personally but I sure as hell do believe you can pull this off.

+1

Kavlo
Byond: Kavlo
Steam: Kavlo

Post by Kavlo » 18 Jul 2018, 09:57

Yea looks like you used the criticism well and this application is a good quality and length.

+1
Lochlann Healy the Marine Here's my good ol' dossier!

Mentor : 28th November 2016
Mod : 14th February 2017
Admin : 7th June 2017
Retired : 4th January 2018
Mod : 20th April 2018
Admin : 19th September 2018

Frans_Feiffer

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 18 Jul 2018, 11:26

Imperator_Titan wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 05:01
Good and in depth application and responded extremely well to criticism on his pred app. I've never seen you around personally but I sure as hell do believe you can pull this off.

+1
Kavlo wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 09:57
Yea looks like you used the criticism well and this application is a good quality and length.

+1
Thesoldier wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 21:16
About goddamn time, I've been waiting for this. Had him has XO or SO plenty of times and he knows what he's doing.
+1 to the max
I really do appreciate it, you three. Thank you very much for your comments, and if I do get CO, i’ll make sure to not disappoint, hah.
“Your Friendly Neighborhood Commodore, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam, Austrian Kommodore vith ze vorst accent, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.” Frans Feiffer's Promotion to Commander - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008
Darwin is Booted up and Assigned to the USS Almayer - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18897
Commander Council term 1, Alongside the Men, the Myths, the Legends, Bancrose, Lumdor, Dr. Lance, and Taketheshot56. - viewtopic.php?f=137&t=18907
Have any Questions for me? Feel Free to PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can ^_^

Omicega
Byond: Omicega

Post by Omicega » 18 Jul 2018, 13:21

Seen you around, liked what I saw.

Easy +1

I play Alicia Parker, Naomi Bowman, and Chloe.

taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Post by taketheshot56 » 22 Jul 2018, 04:20

Very big +1 Franz is an extremely capable XO who really helps get the job done! Would love to see him as CO!!
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

Lil Mayo
Byond: Anderut22

Post by Lil Mayo » 22 Jul 2018, 14:48

Lynn is EXTREMELY happy to hear this. A very good XO; I've seen you as a capable MP and SO, sometimes. You're really good with RP, you're very good with command too. Just try to be a little more faster with the comms console and you'll have 100% win ratio in no time!

+1
Lynn 'Fuse' O'Reilly, the kleptomaniac redhead Cassie, the friendly synthetic Proud subject of an embarrassing meme: https://i.redd.it/ed7pltvd9d311.png

Frans_Feiffer

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 22 Jul 2018, 19:47

Omicega wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 13:21
Seen you around, liked what I saw.

Easy +1
Thank you. RPing with you is always a blast, no matter which character you're playing.
taketheshot56 wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 04:20
Very big +1 Franz is an extremely capable XO who really helps get the job done! Would love to see him as CO!!

Aye, I really appreciate it! Here’s to it, hah. Getting the job done is very important, no matter how small. Even if that means getting the CO his morning coffee!
Lil Mayo wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 14:48
Lynn is EXTREMELY happy to hear this. A very good XO; I've seen you as a capable MP and SO, sometimes. You're really good with RP, you're very good with command too. Just try to be a little more faster with the comms console and you'll have 100% win ratio in no time!

+1
I do feel that response time is my biggest issue as XO/aCO and plan on working on it. I end up second guessing myself occasionally when I hear conflicting news, that and typing slowly at times isn’t the best, hah. But I do plan on not getting in the way, and it’s always great to see Lynn, whether she be my SO, a fellow squaddie or whatever other role we end playing in a given round. Here’s to the three musketeers! xD

superjo98
Byond: superjo98
Steam: superjo98

Post by superjo98 » 22 Jul 2018, 20:41

Been under you as SO, Genuinely good guy from my experiences +1
I play Dawson Hook

Lorem123
Byond: Just L

Post by Lorem123 » 22 Jul 2018, 21:14

Frans is a really, really good XO. I have never seen him do a bad job when he's got the role, and he roleplays well. Definitely a good choice to spice up the CO list.
+1
Orlando Blackburn

FelixG
Byond: Felix_grabovski

Post by FelixG » 23 Jul 2018, 08:37

I saw you few times in game. Some say nicknames are useless but it's because of nickname I remember your character. Nice fella, good app +1

Rohesie
Byond: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » 23 Jul 2018, 20:15

Solid XO. You ask for the advice of the SOs and SLs and take it into account, plan properly and respond swiftly to any issues, readapting as needed.

You'll have to show me a really bad side of you for me to take back this +1
Chibi Lyds by Okand37

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 24 Jul 2018, 00:46

Great XO all across the board, Can pickup the Op and handle it for the whole round if need be and isn't a dickhead.

Yeah I think thats a +1. Should have put it up sooner bud.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

Aceluke123
Byond: Aceluke123

Post by Aceluke123 » 24 Jul 2018, 00:53

Okay, just based on what I have seen in the game I'm willing to give this a +1. This isn't even considering the many many rounds I've seen you do well as XO.

When it comes to your app it is well constructed and seems well thought out.

+1 from me commander.
I'm not crazy, you're crazy.
-Alex Rossfield

Nicknamed 'Clover,' 'Lover,' and... well I'd rather not say.
If I notice you, good job. It means you're probably worth my time.

Dossier - viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16782
► Show Spoiler

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 24 Jul 2018, 01:08

You get my +1 brother.

As far as I've seen you do a great job as an XO.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

Sambalu

Post by Sambalu » 25 Jul 2018, 06:10

App is filled out well, the answers are good too. From what I've seen they're good at command roles. It's pretty clear that alot of effort was put into this app.

You have my +1.

Sargeantmuffinman

Post by Sargeantmuffinman » 25 Jul 2018, 13:44

+1

Good Luck Commander.
George S.Patton once said:No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

I don't like cute things.

Good hunting.

Retrokinesis
Byond: Retrokinesis

Post by Retrokinesis » 25 Jul 2018, 16:37

I've seen you RP well, in command and support and squad roles, so I know you can handle that part. Your answers are very good, you play XO well, and even your denied predator app shows you take criticism and put it to good use. I've seen you both lead the operation yourself and coordinate for actually-involved COs, so I'm more than confident you can handle the role.

Easy +1
Audrey Aulin, found (drinking tea) in various roles

Evelyn, the ever-helpful synth

Frans_Feiffer

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 26 Jul 2018, 23:56

Again, I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has commented. I really do appreciate it, and here’s to living up to the expectations, hah.

Ghostdex
Byond: Ghostdex

Post by Ghostdex » 27 Jul 2018, 04:25

I'll toss my +1 here since I've had you as my XO before and you performed pretty damn well compared to some, good luck.

Build_R_
Byond: Build_R_

Post by Build_R_ » 27 Jul 2018, 22:42

Easy +1. Frans is a competent XO and seems to work well under pressure.
When the OB misfires and xenos are on your doorstep. 
Image                                                         Image  Howya, Jim Antonic- LCPL, PO, MP, SO, Husked Corpse. 

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 29 Jul 2018, 20:02

Resolved - Accepted; updating whitelist shortly.
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.