SwirlyKins
Byond: SwirlyKins

Commander Application - Elena 'Tofu' Mei

Post by SwirlyKins » 31 Aug 2018, 11:19

Byond ID:

SwirlyKins

Player name you use the most:

Elena 'Tofu' Mei

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link:

I have none.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?

Sure do! I'm fully aware and if I have my whitelist revoked then it was most likely entirely my fault.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions?

Yep. Only BE people that are interfering with the success of the operation, or people that are a danger to the Almayer. I don't plan on using the BE function all that much because I always have MP's at my disposal. I also don't like the idea of killing players in general cause it's not fun having to sit a round out. So I would only use this function if it was absolutely necessary.

HOWEVER in the case that I don't have any MP's present to make arrests I will most likely have to put matters into my own hands. I would first give a VERY firm vocal warning to knock it off. After that I would probably give a visual warning of me holding up my Mateba and telling them that this was a final warning. After that final warning - and depending on the crime I would start the BE. I don't think I need to take the person out of the game if it's a minor crime, only really need to injure them enough to send them to medbay to get them to stop.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself?

Yes I do. The character I play isn't one to break marine law, and when they're caught they usually come very willingly. (Unless i'm a survivor or something)

Plus, I have a ton of MP and CMP experience and I know marine law very very well. I try not to cause too much stress to MP players because I know what it's like to be one.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?

To properly command the marines and staff of the USS Almayer to victory. A good commander has to balance out their time between being in CIC, around the Almayer, and possibly on the ground. A commander never should leave an unstaffed CIC, they should never deploy if there's no XO, and they definitely shouldn't be spending their time mindlessly wandering around the ship.

It'll take me some time but I know with enough games I will be able to balance out all of that enough to be a fantastic commander.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it?

Depends on the scale of the ordered that was disobeyed. If I made a retreat call on the planet and SL's were to chime in and say we could hold I would reverse my order and have the marines hold.

Or if I made a push order and a large amount of the Staff Officer's disagreed with the order in worry of them losing more of the marines I would most likely alter my plan and have them stay back a little bit.

However in the case that I made a just call that I feel 100% confident in and a member of the Almayer staff disagreed I would call an MP to arrest them for insubordination (If they're not a civilian of course) I don't think things like this really need any crazy escalation so a brig sentence is usually enough. After their sentence I would probably have a fast one on one conversation with them as well to make sure that they were focused on their duty and to put the negativity behind us.

Why should you be whitelisted?

I play CM a lot and one of the primary complaints in game losses are on command. I usually play Staff Officer in command but there's only so much you can do as a Staff Officer or Executive Officer. I feel by me having the Commander role it will allow me to be able to do properly lead, much more than I would if I had Executive Officer.

Plus I feel like the role of Commander would be extremely fun. I've always looked up to Commanders while playing CM, and seeing all the different Commanders lead in different ways is always amazing to see. I think it'd be an amazing opportunity for me to be able to join the pool of Commanders and contribute at least a little bit to the community of CM.
Elena 'Tofu' Mei "The worst best medic USCM has to offer."
► Show Spoiler
ImageImageAwesome sprite work done by Okand37, check out more of their awesome work here!

DefinitelyAlone0309
Byond: DefinitelyAlone0309

Re: Commander Application - Elena 'Tofu' Mei

Post by DefinitelyAlone0309 » 31 Aug 2018, 11:24

Not enough tofu eaten/10

+1 though.
The one and only Bex Jackson

Lil Mayo
Byond: Anderut22

Post by Lil Mayo » 31 Aug 2018, 12:06

I know you, you're competent and such. Good in CIC roles too.
+1
Lynn 'Fuse' O'Reilly, the kleptomaniac redhead Cassie, the friendly synthetic Proud subject of an embarrassing meme: https://i.redd.it/ed7pltvd9d311.png

Enceri
Byond: Enceri

Post by Enceri » 31 Aug 2018, 12:07

I have never seen or had any problems with Tofu, and I have seen them go command fairly often. I trust them with a +1 obviously.

But I have a question for you, let's say you order a full charge as the commander, and one of your lieutenants disagrees as it's seen suicidal. Instead of confronting you they go into the overwatch console and message the entire squad, "don't push, commander is trying to get you killed" and then doesn't inform you, instead, the squad leader informs you their selves. How do you proceed?

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Post by Sleepy Retard » 31 Aug 2018, 12:21

try playing more xo

ive seen you command once
Last edited by Sleepy Retard on 31 Aug 2018, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

LaKiller8
Byond: LaKiller8

Post by LaKiller8 » 31 Aug 2018, 12:21

Seen you in command roles a lot more often lately and I have to say you are pretty competent. Also a great roleplayer for future events, honestly you should have applied much earlier. Overall pretty decent app.

+1
Thomas Echard

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 31 Aug 2018, 12:29

Yeah sure +1

Sulaboy
Byond: Sulaboy
Steam: Danger

Post by Sulaboy » 31 Aug 2018, 13:34

Yeah you could handle the role, and I've seen you in CIC. Good luck +1
Clancy 'Danger' Long
Ethan
A̸̧̭̰̮̰̜̥͈̱̲̫̲̭͋̄̈̍̉̓̿̊̃H̸͈̬̗̓̄̒̇̿̀̏̎͑͊̇̃̇͝Ĥ̴̨̧̨̩̞̗̤͝ͅH̴͔͕͊̄̓̐̀͝

Frans_Feiffer
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 31 Aug 2018, 15:12

I’ve seen you as SO before, but not really XO, so i’d recommend a little more XO while this is up.

HOWEVER! After last night, staying by your side as Ralph and witnessing you command while the XO and CO were away, I think you’re more then ready for CO. That, and the times I’ve had you as SO, you’ve been one of my favorite to have Overwatching me. So all in all, I gotta do it to ya.

+1 good luck, Commander.
“Your Friendly Neighborhood Commodore, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam, Austrian Kommodore vith ze vorst accent, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.” Frans Feiffer's Promotion to Commander - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008
The Day I sold my Soul to Titan - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18263
Yeyin R'ka Joins the Ranks of Blooded - viewtopic.php?f=125&t=18549
Darwin is Booted up and Assigned to the USS Almayer - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18897
Commander Council term 1, Alongside the Men, the Myths, the Legends, Bancrose, Lumdor, Dr. Lance, and Taketheshot56. - viewtopic.php?f=137&t=18907
Have any Questions for me? Feel Free to PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can ^_^

Survivor
Byond: Dr. Lance

Post by Survivor » 31 Aug 2018, 15:24

I've played with Tofu many times when I was Jack Lance. I can confirm that they have what it takes to roleplay. However, I don't see you play many command roles. Just be sure to practice a bit, yeah?

+1. Good luck
"Sorry, but... I'm the only winner in this story." - Commander Pierce Jackson

Commodore Pierce Jackson/Jack "Survivor" Lance

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

PM me if you have any questions about CO

SwirlyKins
Byond: SwirlyKins

Post by SwirlyKins » 31 Aug 2018, 15:26

Enceri wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 12:07
But I have a question for you, let's say you order a full charge as the commander, and one of your lieutenants disagrees as it's seen suicidal. Instead of confronting you they go into the overwatch console and message the entire squad, "don't push, commander is trying to get you killed" and then doesn't inform you, instead, the squad leader informs you their selves. How do you proceed?
I would override the orders of the Lieutenant by going into the Delta comms and telling the marines to push. Afterwards I would give the Lieutenant a stern warning to ensure they didn't do something along those lengths again. If they keep doing it repeatedly i'd have an MP arrest them, and if while brigged they continue to give me a hard time I will demote them.
Elena 'Tofu' Mei "The worst best medic USCM has to offer."
► Show Spoiler
ImageImageAwesome sprite work done by Okand37, check out more of their awesome work here!

ChengChan
Byond: ChengChan

Post by ChengChan » 31 Aug 2018, 18:26

I am giving you +1 because you are competent enough and know what you were doing but little more XO role.
Shaolin Monk

Arbs
Byond: Arbs

Post by Arbs » 31 Aug 2018, 18:30

Ive had you on my side in when i’ve been an SO on the ground, when I’ve been an XO as well as when I’ve been CO. Youre an excellent SO that I can rely on as a commander.

Though now I would like to see you going XO more and take the initiative and responsibility yourself.

App is good and you’re good. Confident +1

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 31 Aug 2018, 22:36

I've never actually seen you in a command role. I know this is the easiest whitelist and its suppose to filter baldies. But I at least want some effort shown that people do want to play Command.

Sike. I said neutral but I know your not trash.

+1
Last edited by Bancrose on 02 Sep 2018, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

z a n e b o t
Byond: z a n e b o t

Post by z a n e b o t » 31 Aug 2018, 22:37

Seen you play some XO, did fairly well. +1

Ghostdex
Byond: Ghostdex

Post by Ghostdex » 31 Aug 2018, 22:52

Competent player, +1

Avalanchee
Byond: Avalanchee
Steam: Avalanche

Post by Avalanchee » 01 Sep 2018, 08:06

Do we even need to bother with +1s?

Elena deserves it.
Phillip 'Avalanche' Murray
They are actually very balanced. The difference is ya get marines who think they can rambo a xeno and when they die, they get all salty about it.Mizari 10/12/2018, Xeno mutators
Expert at friendly fire, girls and weapons.
Deltard from inside n' outside

Loco52
Byond: Loco52

Post by Loco52 » 02 Sep 2018, 00:21

Good app and good player, nothing else to say except good luck commander +1

Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann

"Push you pussi- HELP ME PLEASE"

Minimike

Post by Minimike » 02 Sep 2018, 01:10

Good lass +1

Mvp777

Post by Mvp777 » 03 Sep 2018, 09:46

I remember you, nothing bad of course. +1
Image I play Fred Majun/formerly Alfred Stafford/Majun

solidfury7

Post by solidfury7 » 03 Sep 2018, 13:47

On the one hand, I recognise you as a regular, although we haven't had any huge interactions which have made a lasting impression.

On the other hand, I haven't really seen you in any leadership roles in a long time.

Neutral for the time being.
Character
William 'Jester' Crimson
Roles
CMP
Captain
Staff Officer

AmazinglyAmazing
Byond: AmazinglyAmazing
Steam: KeithTheBadBoy

Post by AmazinglyAmazing » 04 Sep 2018, 23:17

I've worked with you numerous times in CIC, having you as one of my Staff Officers quite a bit (back when I still played CM almost daily at least). Not only do you show leadership and competence in the CIC, but also in just about every other role I've seen you in. You're a great role-player as well, and I feel that you'd make a great Commander, one the USCM needs. It's gonna be a +1 from me, chief.
Characters:
PFC Paul 'Grunt' Lorenz | Jackson 'Stiggs' Hopper ---> Image Image
Epic lookin' tennis ball (avatar picture) created by Manezinho & wonderful pixel marines created by Okand37!

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 05 Sep 2018, 22:30

Good person in-game and seems competent. +1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

awan
Byond: Awan
Steam: Awan

Post by awan » 06 Sep 2018, 18:21

This is a hard one. I see you around a lot but I cannot actually say anything about your playstyle. Ill go assume that is positive and +1.

RedsPro
Byond: RedsPro

Post by RedsPro » 06 Sep 2018, 20:15

Easy +1
ImageImage ImageImageImage