liltiptop
Byond: liltiptop

Commander Application - Nick 'Chief' Weller

Post by liltiptop » 19 Sep 2018, 22:04

Byond ID:

liltiptop

Player name you use the most:

Nick 'Chief' Weller

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link:
Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?

I do. Commander is a heavy RP role that requires a complete understanding of server rules, and roleplay guidelines. I understand completely that if i'm constantly messing up as a commander, I shouldn't be a commander.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions?

Yes. Battlefield Executions are a serious matter to perform as a commander, it allows for you to execute any staff (except for the CMP) if you feel they are a threat to the operation, and you are required to state a reason to as why. As a commander, your marines and crew are your ASSETS, so removing one of them isn't something you should do if some PFC throws a tray at your head. If I were to see a marine constantly doing things like assaulting vital crew, for instance doctors, or sabotaging telecommunications. This is a final method of securing the safety of the Almayer, and the operation as a whole. It should only be done if you feel that there's no possible other way to get the target to change their malicious ways.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself?

Yes, no one is above the law. If you commit a crime, you'll be sent to the brig, same as anyone else. There's a CMP and MPs for a reason, if you're running around chasing criminals, you're not being a leader. That doesn't mean you can't check in on the CMP and their MPs to get a status report, it basically means that you need to let the CMP and their MPs do their jobs, just as you need to do yours.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?

A commander's job has multiple parts, in my opinion. The most obvious answer is just "to command", but what does that really mean? Commanding is defined as simply "having a position of authority", and in CM, that doesn't really mean much, some squad marine can just deny a squad leader's orders, and run off to the corner of the AO. As a commander, you need to do much more than just tell which squads are going where, you need to be someone to rely on.
That can be from helping hand out attatchments in requsitions, to listening in on squad comms and relaying information to the entire ground forces. It can mean that you're someone to blame if something goes wrong, it can also mean that you're the guy who gets all the credit when something goes right. If the entire ship is falling around you, then as the commander, you need to be the one to rely on for guidance even when there's almost not a chance in hell you'll make it out. You need to be there for your assets, your marines, and help them along to the path of victory. So the job of a commander, I think, is to be the one guy who can people can look up and rely on, even in the darkest hours.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it?

The first thing i'd have to know is the context of the situation. If this was just a miscommunication, then just let the staff member know what I ordered to do. If they knew my orders but refused to carry them out, i'd like to ask them why they chose to deny my orders. If they chose not to perform my orders for a reason that I can understand, like a requisitions officer not sending ammo to a squad because they just sent a crate over with ammo for another squad that's near them, and they have enough ammo packed for the both of them, I can understand that. If, however they didn't perform my orders just out of spite for me, or incompetence, I would first give them a warning to get it done, or i'll have them arrested for insubordination, if they still don't do it, i'll have them arrested. If they still kept up that act of refusing my orders, they'd keep going into the brig, simple as that.

Why should you be whitelisted?

I've played XO for a while now, and i'm ready to step up to the next rank. I want to be more involved with RP on the ship as the head honcho, most importantly my staff officers and XO. I want to have their ideas of how to perform the operation integrated with others, to form a new plan of attack that could end up being extremely successful. I'm open to new ideas, and critique on how I lead, and I use those ideas and critiques to better lead the forces of the USS Almayer.

Kerek
Byond: Kerek

Re: Commander Application - Nick 'Chief' Weller

Post by Kerek » 19 Sep 2018, 22:15

+1, there's a fair bit of effort put into the app and I think I've seen him around as XO. It'd be a pleasure to have him accepted.
Ryan 'Firebug' Steelberg
Horace Wallenber
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /Heinz.jpg

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 19 Sep 2018, 23:13

Nick 'Chief' Weller.

Everytime I've had you for an XO you've done nothing but great things. Solid roleplayer. Fun guy to generally be around.

You're older player than I am, Surprised you don't have the Whitelist already.

+1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 19 Sep 2018, 23:34

Good player seen them a few times
Godspeed Comandante.
+1

Loco52
Byond: Loco52

Post by Loco52 » 20 Sep 2018, 00:13

I know you, and other people know you too
+1

Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann

"Push you pussi- HELP ME PLEASE"

ChengChan
Byond: ChengChan

Post by ChengChan » 20 Sep 2018, 00:28

Competent player. +1
Shaolin Monk

Frans_Feiffer
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 20 Sep 2018, 00:53

Good app, made by a good guy. I haven’t seen you around too often that I can recall off the top of my head, but the times I have, I haven’t had anything negative pop up. I think you’ll do just fine as CO, so here’s my +1!
“Your Friendly Neighborhood Commodore, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam, Austrian Kommodore vith ze vorst accent, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.” Frans Feiffer's Promotion to Commander - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008
The Day I sold my Soul to Titan - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18263
Yeyin R'ka Joins the Ranks of Blooded - viewtopic.php?f=125&t=18549
Darwin is Booted up and Assigned to the USS Almayer - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18897
Commander Council term 1, Alongside the Men, the Myths, the Legends, Bancrose, Lumdor, Dr. Lance, and Taketheshot56. - viewtopic.php?f=137&t=18907
Have any Questions for me? Feel Free to PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can ^_^

awan
Byond: Awan
Steam: Awan

Post by awan » 20 Sep 2018, 08:45

Good player. Can likely lead well. +1

Survivor
Byond: Dr. Lance

Post by Survivor » 20 Sep 2018, 19:32

Mega +1. He can RP, and he can Command. He's pretty damn good at both
"Sorry, but... I'm the only winner in this story." - Commander Pierce Jackson

Commodore Pierce Jackson/Jack "Survivor" Lance

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

PM me if you have any questions about CO

Gookamungus
Byond: Gookamungus

Post by Gookamungus » 25 Sep 2018, 22:17

Has achieved the far-flung goalposts of basic literacy, veterancy, and he has a full head of hair you can see when he isn't wearing a helmet. +1

Ghostdex
Byond: Ghostdex

Post by Ghostdex » 25 Sep 2018, 23:08

Pretty sure you can read since you managed to fill out the application fairly well, +1.
John 'Fixer' Donable
Kara Walsh
Kjuhte-Teer
Part of the Yautja Council with SpartanBobby, Imperator_Titan, Sailor Dave and Symbiosis. Feel free to PM any of us with questions about Predator
Something a bit funny: http://i.imgur.com/lKfpvwd.png
The story of Operative Delta: https://imgur.com/Go3VIhs https://imgur.com/4K8AqdA

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 08 Oct 2018, 18:03

Competent player. +1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

Jarek
Byond: Jarektheraptor

Post by Jarek » 08 Oct 2018, 18:04

Pretty sure I've seen you around. You're not bald, which is good.

For what it's worth, you get a +1 from me.
Survivor/Marine Main Jordan Cross
► Show Spoiler

taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Post by taketheshot56 » 09 Oct 2018, 13:19

A Competant player and good app +1
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

Brotemis
Byond: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » 09 Oct 2018, 13:31

I don't know why I didn't notice this before. I knew I was right thinking you had a command app.

Everythings pretty much been said, solid as XO

+1
Commander Giovanni "Gianni" Romano
Pilot of the Flaming Flamingo
Just a Delta trying to find that pineapple pizza MRE

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 09 Oct 2018, 19:04

Resolved - Accepted
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.