Ranjeep Patel/ImHereToHelp COMMANDER APPLICATION

ImHereToHelp
Byond: ImHereToHelp

Ranjeep Patel/ImHereToHelp COMMANDER APPLICATION

Post by ImHereToHelp » 24 Sep 2018, 15:46

Byond ID:
ImHereToHelp

Player name you use the most:
Ranjeep Patel (I plan to make a new character for my CO slot)

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link:
No applications and no bans.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
The whitelist is a privilege, not a right. I do understand that my privilege will be revoked if I break the rules. I record all my rounds and am happy to give footage to anyone who requests, so it will be very easy to judge whether or not I deserve punishment.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions?

If someone is jeopardizing the mission (also known as griefing), the CO is in their right to BE them. The BE is not a substitute for MPs or Marine Law. It is simply a rule that allows COs to deal with retards without having to sit there limp-dicked ahelping. Aside from that, the BE is also a roleplay tool to get people immersed. This is a great example of a BE being used to this effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upTeevplhg0

Overall, I do not care so much about the BE function and will not be using it often; if at all. If I have to find an excuse to BE someone, it’s best that I don’t do it at all.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself?
This is a job for the MPs. I am not a micro-manager and should leave the fun to them.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
There is a roleplay and gameplay part to this question:
The gameplay part is to get everyone on the same page so people are actually playing the game. I’ve played several games on DMCA and without a Commander, people get very lost. When people do not have a similar idea on what to do and where to go, the game becomes simply boring to play. The gameplay responsibility of CO is to make sure every marine is on the same page. Then, they work together and have fun clicking on xeno sprites and getting immersed.

From a roleplay perspective, the Commander is supposed to represent the very essence of a military organization: the Chain of Command and role delegation. It’s difficult to take your rank seriously if there is no head honcho to serve as a base in which to compare. The ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities to others is a major RP catalyst. Telling someone to perform a certain task that is expected of their role will immerse everyone involved. Examples include:
• Providing the Synth a set of definitive, explicit tasks that suits a person that is essentially in a master/servant dynamic.
• Giving the XO control over the operation makes them feel as if they are second in command and is not just a glorified SO.
• Summoning the Liaison to consult or request things from Weyland-Yutani would reinforce the idea that the CL is a powerful middle-man that has power through his paperwork.

And so on.

Overall, the CO makes sure people get immersed into their role by delegating tasks wherever he goes and also is responsible for making sure the round moves smoothly with commands that get everyone on the same page.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it?

If the player seems like a noob, I’ll most likely ignore it. There is no reason to get anal about some baldie who doesn’t even recognize that my sprite is the Commander. If they are genuinely being insubordinate, then the answer is simple: Assign the SO to mark them for insubordination and summon all the wandering MPs who are bored out of their minds to go arrest them. I’ve just involved multiple players from different groups into a single RP goal and allowed them to take meaningful actions. A player being an insubordinate is purely an IC issue and thus will be solved with IC means. This is why the MPs exist and involving them in such an event is crucial for the enjoyment of everyone involved.

Why should you be whitelisted?

I have good experience as SL and XO and personally believe that I’ve made the rounds fun through my philosophy of delegating roles to subordinates and drafting plans that allow marines to know what they are supposed to do and engage in the deathmatch part of the server. I’ve never gotten in trouble with staff and (hopefully) do not have a reputation for being an unpleasant shitter. I also record every round I play, so if anyone ever has any problem with me I can give them footage and they can see my actions for themselves. The most enjoyable part of roleplaying as leader is engaging everyone under my command and assigning fun tasks for them to do and be immersed in and I hope you will give me the opportunity to do so as CO.
Brady Morales is here to help.

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Re: Ranjeep Patel/ImHereToHelp COMMANDER APPLICATION

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 24 Sep 2018, 15:49

Why do you want to change and make a new character for the CO slot.

The Almayer could use more Curry and Naan Bread in my opinion.

Survivor
Byond: Dr. Lance

Post by Survivor » 24 Sep 2018, 16:44

Yes, I like Ranjeep. +1
"Sorry, but... I'm the only winner in this story." - Commander Pierce Jackson

Commodore Pierce Jackson/Jack "Survivor" Lance

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

PM me if you have any questions about CO

ImHereToHelp

Post by ImHereToHelp » 24 Sep 2018, 16:58

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 15:49
Why do you want to change and make a new character for the CO slot.

The Almayer could use more Curry and Naan Bread in my opinion.
I might keep it for recognition, but I'm not sure. I'll think about it.

Sulaboy
Byond: Sulaboy
Steam: Danger

Post by Sulaboy » 24 Sep 2018, 17:12

He's a good player who puts effort into his roles. I'd be happy seeing him as a commander. +1
Clancy 'Danger' Long
Ethan
A̸̧̭̰̮̰̜̥͈̱̲̫̲̭͋̄̈̍̉̓̿̊̃H̸͈̬̗̓̄̒̇̿̀̏̎͑͊̇̃̇͝Ĥ̴̨̧̨̩̞̗̤͝ͅH̴͔͕͊̄̓̐̀͝

ThesoldierLLJK

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 24 Sep 2018, 17:32

We need more ghurka/Indian types but I saw you XO a few rounds and you do fine

+1

Exodus
Byond: Tando_Oddball

Post by Exodus » 24 Sep 2018, 17:47

Just got through with a round where you were the XO. You were extremely helpful, keeping a solid track of all of the squads and keeping me updated, dealing with the CL and his shenanigans, and keeping the SO's briefed whenever they joined CiC. Altogether, an excellent Command member, and also quite a fun Roleplayer which is always fun! +1
Hiya. I'm the player for Axel "Jackal" Freund, Battlefield Scavenger and War Hero extraordinaire. I also play Alexander, the sycophantic mimic Synthetic.

Nwd72
Byond: Nwd72

Post by Nwd72 » 24 Sep 2018, 20:16

When Ranjeep is my XO, I do know I can take a bit of a backseat and focus on shipside affairs, and roleplay. He is a competent XO, and the maps he makes, are glorious for marine coordination.
+1
Commander App: viewtopic.php?f=141&t=18507 (Accepted)
Vadim Dmitriev, the man obsessed with bayonet charges. He also exists.

DriedMilk
Byond: Gabopwn

Post by DriedMilk » 24 Sep 2018, 21:29

You're competent and the app is well done.

+1
Image Captain of the USS Almayer CPT Christine 'Rabies' Kennel

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 25 Sep 2018, 04:40

I was your CO today and you held the operation together so well that we won and Ice Colony round.

You're a good guy, good roleplayer too. Robust as well.

Also Good BE video, I quickdrawed to fast to not really let the words set in but hopefully you do a better job than me at it.

+1 I am behind you on this one chief. Good luck.

[Edit]

I had him again for XO on a round again and told him to take Control of the Op and he did it so well we almost won. This guy is real good stuff so please do take time to appreciate the time he is putting into Command to show that he is worth getting the whitelist.
Last edited by Bancrose on 26 Sep 2018, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

ImHereToHelp

Post by ImHereToHelp » 25 Sep 2018, 08:27

Bancrose wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 04:40
I was your CO today and you held the operation together so well that we won and Ice Colony round.

You're a good guy, good roleplayer too. Robust as well.

Also Good BE video, I quickdrawed to fast to not really let the words set in but hopefully you do a better job than me at it.

+1 I am behind you on this one chief. Good luck.
Thank you, but I do not believe I have played an Ice Colony round in awhile. I was your XO for an LV round yesterday.

ThesoldierLLJK

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 25 Sep 2018, 09:36

So my opinion is you should keep your Ranjeep character if you do get whitelisted, which I'm sure will happen eventually.

ImHereToHelp

Post by ImHereToHelp » 26 Sep 2018, 15:01

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 09:36
So my opinion is you should keep your Ranjeep character if you do get whitelisted, which I'm sure will happen eventually.
Yeah I probably will keep it.

Loco52
Byond: Loco52

Post by Loco52 » 26 Sep 2018, 23:17

You're a great roleplayer and command staff and also I've seen you in another server I won't mention as CO and you're great you indian robust boi +1 good luck pal

Vaughn 'Hothead' Isemann

"Push you pussi- HELP ME PLEASE"

LittleBlast
Byond: LittleBlast

Post by LittleBlast » 27 Sep 2018, 09:24

Easy +1, Excellent XO to CO with.
Kennard Davis

VortexGaming
Byond: VortexGaming

Post by VortexGaming » 27 Sep 2018, 09:36

It’s fun to play synth when you are around, competent enough and can actually RP. +1
Kaitlynn Lawson The Commander. http://www.cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
Alicia:viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
Staff history
► Show Spoiler

Arbs
Byond: Arbs

Post by Arbs » 27 Sep 2018, 13:44

Coming back from retirement just to say that he is indeed here to help.

Everytime I had him on my squad when I was SO I could see them from the overwatch console fulfilling tasks as specified as any squad role but as well as aSL or SL. He's a good player that can handle himself. I can't really recall any rounds of his as command back then but I do remember he rolled XO a few times. He's intelligent, good at the game and never gets into trouble. The guy does a good job and deserves a +1 from me.

Good luck with your application, and keep the same character if you want to. It's a good character.

+1

NicoDeimos
Byond: NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos » 27 Sep 2018, 14:51

Solid planner and quality leadership.

+1

Frans_Feiffer
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 27 Sep 2018, 17:09

Not a bad guy in leadership roles, takes the game seriously and knows what they’re doing. I’d suggest keeping the name for the most part, but regardless it’s up to you. Playing a different name to see the results is always a tad bit fun, hah so i’m for it if that’s what you decide.

+1, here’s to seeing you join the ranks of CO.
“Your Friendly Neighborhood Commodore, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam, Austrian Kommodore vith ze vorst accent, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.” Frans Feiffer's Promotion to Commander - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008
The Day I sold my Soul to Titan - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18263
Yeyin R'ka Joins the Ranks of Blooded - viewtopic.php?f=125&t=18549
Darwin is Booted up and Assigned to the USS Almayer - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18897
Commander Council term 1, Alongside the Men, the Myths, the Legends, Bancrose, Lumdor, Dr. Lance, and Taketheshot56. - viewtopic.php?f=137&t=18907
Have any Questions for me? Feel Free to PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can ^_^

ChengChan
Byond: ChengChan

Post by ChengChan » 27 Sep 2018, 18:18

Yeah yuh you are a competent player and good in leadership role but I do suggest to focus at your name so people will know you more. Good luck, Commander. +1
Shaolin Monk

Vampmare
Byond: Vampmare

Post by Vampmare » 28 Sep 2018, 02:58

I've seen you XO a round or two now and I'm impressed.

The application does the job as well, there's really not anything to nitpick except that horrible red colour.

So take my +1 and keep it up.
I have a few whitelists and a few characters...

ImHereToHelp

Post by ImHereToHelp » 03 Oct 2018, 22:28

Arbs wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 13:44
Coming back from retirement just to say that he is indeed here to help.

Everytime I had him on my squad when I was SO I could see them from the overwatch console fulfilling tasks as specified as any squad role but as well as aSL or SL. He's a good player that can handle himself. I can't really recall any rounds of his as command back then but I do remember he rolled XO a few times. He's intelligent, good at the game and never gets into trouble. The guy does a good job and deserves a +1 from me.

Good luck with your application, and keep the same character if you want to. It's a good character.

+1
That is very kind, thank you. I remember a round where you were trying to guide me on Big Red and I was completely lost.

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 08 Oct 2018, 18:33

Ran beep my jeep. Hell yeah +1.
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Post by taketheshot56 » 08 Oct 2018, 21:28

Good XO, fun to bully as SO.

For real however, the app is good and i think you will do well as CO

+1
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 09 Oct 2018, 19:26

Resolved - Accepted
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.