Synthetic Application: Mortimer

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Synthetic Application: Mortimer

Post by Jakkkk » 06 Feb 2018, 20:35

Byond ID: Jakkkk

Marine Name: Olaf 'Viking' Karlsson

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you’re requesting to use: Mortimer
Examples of acceptable names: James, Mason, Xavier, Felix, Otto, Allan, Jessica, Mark, Jack, Tim
Examples of unacceptable names: Obama, Jesus, King, Dragon, Godly, Snyper, Circuits, T9, Bishop, Hexacodolis, Bot

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=14417)? Yes, I understand the synthetics can't really feel emotions, and therefore don't let it cloud their judgement. If I see Uriel "Whitey" Turner dying, and next to him is the CO, I can't let my natural bias of helping Whitey get in the way of it. Sorry bud.

Synthetic Character Story:

Pre-OP.
► Show Spoiler
During the operation.
► Show Spoiler
How do you intend to play your Synth (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your Synth and what support roles you’ll mainly focus on, what is your synthetics quirk)?
► Show Spoiler
How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
► Show Spoiler
Why should we whitelist you? I believe I should be whitelisted because I can RP pretty well, I used to do written ones, and then after that I did DND's for a while. Also, on CM I have many credible people who can say I can uphold the rules and RP well, as well as know the support roles. Also, in order to make this application better, I played every role I was bad at to better learn the support roles, and therefore if this is accepted, be a better synthetic than if I didn't play those roles. I get that some people make a synthetic just for the round end robusting with a machete or whatever, but I prefer the quiet work of fixing generators or doing surgery as a synthetic. Synths aren't meant for fighting off the xeno horde, that's why we have PFC's.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)? I haven't been banned at all throughout my time on CM, and I'm fairly sure I have no notes on my account.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?

I am not banned from any other server.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?

Yes, I agree with this policy a lot as well, since a good application doesn't mean jack when they constantly break the rules as their whitelisted character.

Notes: If you have any question of my ability, or are skeptical of how I would play Mortimer, please reply to this with scenarios to gauge how I would react to them. Thanks for reading this!
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

DriedMilk
Byond: Gabopwn

Re: Synthetic Application: Mortimer

Post by DriedMilk » 06 Feb 2018, 22:35

Loved the touch on placing actual CM characters inside your story.
Olaf does good RP and I have seen him handle departments around the ship very well.
+1
Image Captain of the USS Almayer CPT Christine 'Rabies' Kennel

Lukey111
Byond: Lukey111

Post by Lukey111 » 06 Feb 2018, 22:45

oof, you took my name idea. But, I only do recognize you as a competent marine more than any other roles. App is well thought out. But, have I been on any of the rounds that you were a doctor or MT? Because I do recognize you in-game quite well, just not all the roles.
This could all just my play time and my brain but I am gonna have to go with a neutral because I only halfway seen you, done that, and have not seen you RP skills shine through in-game yet.

- Chief Tech LCDR, Monday 'Scatter' Williams
I play as Monday "Scatter" Williams, he is the guy that takes no one seriously, except his good friend, his work.
Image Image
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams
"There’s no such thing as a crowded battlefield. Battlefields are lonely places." —General Alfred M. Gray, 29th CMC

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 06 Feb 2018, 22:56

Lukey111 wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 22:45
oof, you took my name idea. But, I only do recognize you as a competent marine more than any other roles. App is well thought out. But, have I been on any of the rounds that you were a doctor or MT? Because I do recognize you in-game quite well, just not all the roles.
This could all just my play time and my brain but I am gonna have to go with a neutral because I only halfway seen you, done that, and have not seen you RP skills shine through in-game yet.

- Chief Tech LCDR, Monday 'Scatter' Williams
i play doctor or MT on lowpop rounds, or when its only that or normal marine. i enjoy these roles a lot, but i don't think you've seen me play them. i can't bring up logs from here or there to show I play doctor, so you'll just have to take my word on it. while playing marine i see you all the time, so it might just be when i play marine vs support
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

Lukey111
Byond: Lukey111

Post by Lukey111 » 06 Feb 2018, 23:34

I "think" it would be fine.

1+
I play as Monday "Scatter" Williams, he is the guy that takes no one seriously, except his good friend, his work.
Image Image
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams
"There’s no such thing as a crowded battlefield. Battlefields are lonely places." —General Alfred M. Gray, 29th CMC

NescauComToddy
Byond: NescauComToddy

Post by NescauComToddy » 07 Feb 2018, 02:54

I have always had good experiences with Olaf, and I can assure that the applicant practices RP when an opportunity proves to be available, therefore, I trust him in that regard.

Mortimer's background is decent and even though I've noticed minor grammatical errors, that does not change the fact that it's well elaborated. Besides, I liked how you practically described an event that involved Peter in the first 'chapter', so to speak.

On your competence, the only time I noticed you having difficulty in a role was when you had played as a doctor, proving to be slightly confused. Even so, I believe you have expanded your medical knowledge since the last time I saw you, which would eliminate this issue.

Overall, your application was decent, and even though I know you're competent, I'd like to see you playing as ship-side roles more. In addition to automatically becoming more familiar with the function of a synth, you will prove to others that you are able to exercise such a role.

To conclude, I'd like to ask you to improve your forum activity. At the moment, for a whitelist at least, your activity is slightly lower than recommended.

Good luck in your application. +1
Peter.

Man'sur, The Victorious', Cetanu's Al'nagara.

Retired staff (moderator).

RedsPro
Byond: RedsPro

Post by RedsPro » 07 Feb 2018, 18:19

I think Olaf can handle this. Your story was fun and i think the way you plan on playing is fresh. +1
ImageImage ImageImageImage

Symbiosis
Byond: Symbiosis

Post by Symbiosis » 07 Feb 2018, 18:55

The player's pretty solid, fun, and I think he can handle it! +1 from me!!
Cliff "Chubs" Campbell

"Hey, did anyone bring any food with them?”

Thwei Kv’var - Blood Hunter

Bigfoun
Byond: Bigfoun

Post by Bigfoun » 07 Feb 2018, 23:35

Jakk is a great roleplayer and always adds something great to rounds. I know he'd make the server proud with a role such as a synth. +1
Carlos "Rookie" Ramirez

Just your standard boot!

DeusMortis
Byond: DeusMort1s

Post by DeusMortis » 08 Feb 2018, 10:00

Judging Jakk on strictly my dealings with him on CM, I can say with confidence that he's a good roleplayer. He rarely breaks the foundation of who he plays, always making sure he stays true to the character he's playing.

+1.
Emilio Greene
John

Wubs4Scrubs

Post by Wubs4Scrubs » 09 Feb 2018, 09:15

Formatting is immaculate, I like the quirk, I like the story. I've also seen you around the server and have absolutely no gripes with seeing you on any whitelist. I really can't think of anything to change or add as you've got a stellar application.

+1

As a side note, did somebody slip into the synth app requirements that William Crimson had to be in every single one?

oprayx73

Post by oprayx73 » 10 Feb 2018, 15:11

Jakk's gameplay as Olaf is a testiment to how good of a player he can be. Rp's well, handles gameplay elements with a nice amount of knowledge icly & oocly.
The application also speaks well about the effort you have put towards it. Well written, good length & hits all the good spots. You have something unique here, and it's a good unique. +1
Cut them xenos up with yer machete! :D

Muhrene Name : Boris Bourbon
Synthetic Name : Abraham
Predator Name : Cuthun Dak'te

Feweh
Donor
Donor
Byond: Feweh

Post by Feweh » 12 Feb 2018, 15:38

Accepted