Edward: The latest model from Weyland-Yutani, Luna Labs

taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Edward: The latest model from Weyland-Yutani, Luna Labs

Post by taketheshot56 » 08 Feb 2018, 05:29

Byond ID:

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here): Patton 'Hardtack' Moore

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you’re requesting to use (Follows common naming rules, and requires a first name with no last name): Edward

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=14417)? I am indeed familiar with them, I have read over them several times and feel confident in my abilities to follow them to the letter.

Synthetic Character Story (An ADEQUATE description and story of your Synthetics actions and involvement in a previous mission onboard the Almayer):
► Show Spoiler

How do you intend to play your Synth (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your Synth and what support roles you’ll mainly focus on, what is your synthetics quirk)? I feel Synths very much focus on a plethora of roles throughout a round, of course that is good considering synths are a jack of all support trades and go where needed, but as Edward, I would like to be assigned by the CO to a department and more or less stick with it, helping pull them through the round per say, assisting where needed, but focusing on one task. As Edward I intend to play as a very serious synthetic, focusing fully on the orders given to me and only straying from them in dire circumstances, such as an emergency on the ship that requires immediate assistance. My synths 'quirk' will be his utter sense of honesty, telling the complete truth often regardless of who it might offend, such as if a marine is dying I will say. "Private First Class Bloggins, I do not have a defibrillator in my possession, your bleeding stems from the inner renal artery, despite my best efforts your chances of survival are roughly one in seventeen hundred, apologies." Cold, calculated but overall Edward follows orders to a T.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO) I am incredibly fluent in all support roles, I am a whitelisted CO and I frequent the other command roles often, I am also proficient in Engineering and medical.
I have spent countless hours as MT, CE, Doctor, and CMO. As many can attest I perform all of these jobs incredibly, and with good roleplay and conduct.

Why should we whitelist you? I am a serious player who does his best to improve the rounds for others and provide a sense of enjoyment for all involved. As a synthetic, I feel I will be able to assist in rounds to ease the pressure of the various departments while simultaneously providing good roleplay to all involved in the round. Playing a synthetic for me would be an interesting change in pace and I feel I will do well in the role.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)? I have not been banned at all in the last month.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why? I am not banned from any other servers.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline? I do indeed understand I can have it revoked at any time.
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

taketheshot56

Re: Edward: The latest model from Weyland-Yutani, Luna Labs

Post by taketheshot56 » 08 Feb 2018, 06:40

So for some reason the App didn't include my byond key when I posted it. The forums then went down for a little over an hour and I am now unable to add my byond key to the app.
My Byond key is: Taketheshot56

Lukey111
Byond: Lukey111

Post by Lukey111 » 08 Feb 2018, 12:09

I love when synths give a good range of vocabulary, and can easily do it with ease.
One of my issues is that, in the honesty section, the thing you sayd to marine might get him nervous and you should be honest when needed and required, as saying that would not be the best thing for morale for the other marines.
Your story is decent.
You have a good understanding of the guidelines.
And above all that, you are already whitelisted as CO, which requires a high-level of RP.

1+ from the engineering department.
I play as Monday "Scatter" Williams, he is the guy that takes no one seriously, except his good friend, his work.
Image Image
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams
"There’s no such thing as a crowded battlefield. Battlefields are lonely places." —General Alfred M. Gray, 29th CMC

Fitchace

Post by Fitchace » 08 Feb 2018, 13:46

+ 1 I want you as my synth,
"I’m Carson. Bill Carson. I work for the company. But don’t let that fool you. I’m really an okay guy."

Wubs4Scrubs

Post by Wubs4Scrubs » 09 Feb 2018, 09:45

I feel like this app checked all the boxes. Nothing here really jumps out as unique or interesting, but there's also nothing that detracts, firmly decent. Your chosen quirk also falls into that category, it's something that fits a synth and is doable, however it is very bland.

However as a player I think you're capable of filling the role. You claim to have extensive experience in the basic fields and your character is one I'm always glad to have on my side.

For now I'm neutral leaning towards supporting your app. I just wish that there was something more unique here either in your backstory or quirk choice that made your synthetic stand out.

taketheshot56

Post by taketheshot56 » 09 Feb 2018, 15:38

Lukey111 wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:09
I love when synths give a good range of vocabulary, and can easily do it with ease.
One of my issues is that, in the honesty section, the thing you sayd to marine might get him nervous and you should be honest when needed and required, as saying that would not be the best thing for morale for the other marines.
Your story is decent.
You have a good understanding of the guidelines.
And above all that, you are already whitelisted as CO, which requires a high-level of RP.

1+ from the engineering department.
To build off this I find synths sugar coat things often to help humans cope, yet in reality synthetics would be focussing on telling it how it is regardless, of course it may offend some but in the end the synth says what he is thinking and I feel that could be a great boon and interesting to say the least.
Wubs4Scrubs wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 09:45
I feel like this app checked all the boxes. Nothing here really jumps out as unique or interesting, but there's also nothing that detracts, firmly decent. Your chosen quirk also falls into that category, it's something that fits a synth and is doable, however it is very bland.

However as a player I think you're capable of filling the role. You claim to have extensive experience in the basic fields and your character is one I'm always glad to have on my side.

For now I'm neutral leaning towards supporting your app. I just wish that there was something more unique here either in your backstory or quirk choice that made your synthetic stand out.
First of all thank you for the feedback, as for quirk I feel the brutal honesty is something we do not see enough with synthetics already, most synths choose their quirk to be friendly and or jokey and while there is nothing wrong with that, I wanted my quirk to be something more robotic but still unique so to speak. The honesty filter that humans have is something that most synthetics use in the game currently, but I wanted to remove that and create a synth that speaks their mind.

WinterClould
Byond: WinterClould
Steam: 『WinterClould』

Post by WinterClould » 09 Feb 2018, 22:09

I can absolutely attest to Patton's skill in both RP and every job that the synth could ever have the responsibility of preforming. Even if it takes him a round or two to fall into the right place with his RP he'll figure it out and do a great job of it. No doubt my boy here will put in solid work for the lads.

Neat little story as well. Your favorite member of the crew looks forward to the eventual time when your called on to tear down the walls to my office. +1
Chen "DiscoKing" Westinton Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award. My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 10 Feb 2018, 00:36

Pattons RP and skill as a commander is absolutely 10/10.

I have no doubt that he will be cooking up only the spiciest Synthetic in this side of the galaxy

+1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

Wubs4Scrubs

Post by Wubs4Scrubs » 10 Feb 2018, 13:18

After some further consideration, I think you'd do a fine job as a synth. While the app is nothing spectacular, I think that it's certainly competent. Good luck.

+1

x31stOverlord
Byond: x31stOverlord

Post by x31stOverlord » 12 Feb 2018, 02:28

Patton is a good RPer and we'll able to perform the roles of a synthetic and I hope to see more Synths around the ship!

+1
Yautja - Zathar-Veraz Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL, SO, XO, Synthetic Unit Joshua Roscoe Barrett - Spec, SGCMP, MP Ancient Empress, Ancient Runner (69)
https://i.imgur.com/8NP5Mbl.png

Feweh
Donor
Donor
Byond: Feweh

Post by Feweh » 12 Feb 2018, 15:38

Accepted