Marcellus - Minimike1220's 2nd Synth App

Minimike

Marcellus - Minimike1220's 2nd Synth App

Post by Minimike » 06 Apr 2018, 01:02

Byond ID: Minimike1220

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here): Victor Rennem

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you’re requesting to use (Follows common naming rules, and requires a first name with no last name): Marcellus

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=14417)?

Yes, I have read and understand the Synthetic guidelines.

Synthetic Character Story (An ADEQUATE description and story of your Synthetics actions and involvement in a previous mission onboard the Almayer):
► Show Spoiler
How do you intend to play your Synth (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your Synth and what support roles you’ll mainly focus on, what is your synthetics quirk)?

Marcellus would not wish to engage in conversation with the marines, unless necessary, or ordered, as he would feel himself to be an outcast, not one of the squad-mates, or shipside friends.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)

Medical - I am trained on medical, other than surgery, but that can be easily found on the wiki
Engineering - Well versed
Science - It's all roleplay, so yes.
Command Skills/Leadership - Decent

Why should we whitelist you?

I would add in another role for the marines to experience, further constructing the universe around them (In terms of roleplay). I would also fill in for any missing roles. I have also been a long-term player of Colonial-Marines and have contributed as a staff member, quite a while ago.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)?

Negatory.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?

Not that I'm aware.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?

I do.

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Re: Marcellus - Minimike1220's 2nd Synth App

Post by Jakkkk » 06 Apr 2018, 01:40

Does he feel like an outcast or does he act like one?
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

Minimike

Post by Minimike » 06 Apr 2018, 02:03

He was treated like an outcast in his earlier work, so he acts distant from all the buddy-buddy type stuff.

oprayx73

Post by oprayx73 » 06 Apr 2018, 17:51

Isolationist kind of gimmick is interesting, but by design you are meant to be able to interact when told to; as long as you can do that, i don't see why this synthetic personality would not be viable.

Bring up your ingame skill; moreso surgery specifically because you would be surprised what % of your time spent as a synthetic would be spent in an OR.
Good goy +1
Cut them xenos up with yer machete! :D

Muhrene Name : Boris Bourbon
Synthetic Name : Abraham
Predator Name : Cuthun Dak'te

Adralimas
Byond: Adralimas

Post by Adralimas » 08 Apr 2018, 19:54

I remember victor rennem from bloody old hippie station, Ex staff i believe! Eitherway +1!
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell Broadcasts: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... -funny.jpg

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 08 Apr 2018, 20:53

Are you saying because of previous experiences he now acts like an outcast or was he programmed to be more like that?

He can't feel like an outcast because he can't feel, if he believe it improves morale for him to be distant and off on his own that's completely fine. A synth could be surrounded by MT's for an entire operation and be called a "dumb toaster" but it won't make them want to become distant, because they do not care.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

Minimike

Post by Minimike » 08 Apr 2018, 21:08

It was more of a underlying program trait, that became more active when he was treated that way. Synths are programmed to act human-ish, so false emotions are a thing. Otherwise they'd just be working joes.

Vampmare
Byond: Vampmare

Post by Vampmare » 11 Apr 2018, 16:38

I have not seen you ingame so I'll judge based on the application (likely a timezone issue).

I would have liked the story to show some of your gimmick, as it just seems like a normal synthetic story as I read it. It waesn't a bad story, but the missing personal touch and showing of your quirk does confuse me a little. The way I understand it your synthetic doesn't like interacting and while it's interesting, I just don't see it working ingame. Synthetic are meant to RP and interact with fellow ship crew, but if you want to be isolated why not just roll a normal MT, Doctor or whatever. If you could explain how this quirk would work in an actual game setting, I might change to postive.

My voting is netrual.

Is there any special meaning to the name? It's not typical american or british name as far as I know, so just curious.
I have a few whitelists and a few characters...

Minimike

Post by Minimike » 12 Apr 2018, 15:47

I planned my story around his original "awakening". Also, just because my lack of strewn out conversations with marines doesn't mean I would isolate myself, I would use the me" verb quite often, and that doesn't mean he won't talk to people, he just won't unnecessarily converse. In addition to that, he won't isolate himself, as that wouldn't really help the marines - unless its something such as fixing the engines, but that doesn't take very long - Synthetics are there to assist the mission in as any ways as possible, he will speak if needed, but nothing further, unless of course, the human is not a marine. (Survivor, PoW, CL, et cetera.)

Also, Marcellus was just a roman name generator. I do fancy the way they feel.

I can also write a brief story of him at a later date, showing more of the "isolationist" gimmick, if you'd like.

Karmac
Byond: Karmac
Steam: Karmac

Post by Karmac » 23 Apr 2018, 05:51

The story is well written if a bit hard to read, I more or less skimmed through it to avoid wasting too much time, however the concept of a synth giving up on its purpose to fit in with humans simply because they outright refuse to work with him is great, the story really makes this idea work and I've heard from a few synth players that they aren't treated much better in-game from time to time, way better than just saying you're quirk is you give people the cold shoulder because you were designed like that. Solid +1.
Garth Pawolski, or is it Powalski?

Back in action.

awan
Byond: Awan
Steam: Awan

Post by awan » 24 Apr 2018, 09:13

This is a good app from a long time player. I have no issues with this being accepted +1

Omicega
Byond: Omicega

Post by Omicega » 30 Apr 2018, 09:57

Underrated application from a player that deserves more +1s. +1

I play Alicia Parker, Naomi Bowman, and Chloe.

Ghostdex
Byond: Ghostdex

Post by Ghostdex » 30 Apr 2018, 10:28

Omicega wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 09:57
Underrated application from a player that deserves more +1s. +1
Yes, +1
John 'Fixer' Donable
Kara Walsh
Kjuhte-Teer
Part of the Yautja Council with SpartanBobby, Imperator_Titan, Sailor Dave and Symbiosis. Feel free to PM any of us with questions about Predator
Something a bit funny: http://i.imgur.com/lKfpvwd.png
The story of Operative Delta: https://imgur.com/Go3VIhs https://imgur.com/4K8AqdA

Lukey111
Byond: Lukey111

Post by Lukey111 » 30 Apr 2018, 10:51

Victor is one of the few people I respect. I like Marcellus' play style, and have a decent # of posts. +1
I play as Monday "Scatter" Williams, he is the guy that takes no one seriously, except his good friend, his work.
Image Image
"I'm in engineering most of the time, I like leading the nerds" - Monday 'Scatter' Williams
"There’s no such thing as a crowded battlefield. Battlefields are lonely places." —General Alfred M. Gray, 29th CMC

Kavlo
Byond: Kavlo
Steam: Kavlo

Post by Kavlo » 03 May 2018, 13:42

Story had a good amount of detail, quirk is good as it shows him to be less like a machine and more a machine not trying to fit in due to his knowledge of knowing there is great differences between himself and the marines. Mike has been playing this game for fucking ages I'd be surprised if he didn't know the jobs well. To top it off he's ex-staff so I have atleast some faith he'll be able to follow the rules.

+1
Lochlann Healy the Marine Here's my good ol' dossier!

Mentor : 28th November 2016
Mod : 14th February 2017
Admin : 7th June 2017
Retired : 4th January 2018
Mod : 20th April 2018
Admin : 19th September 2018

DriedMilk
Byond: Gabopwn

Post by DriedMilk » 08 May 2018, 04:56

He RPs the most annoying character I've ever seen everytime I'm a CO it's mindblowing how Rennem can piss me off no mattter what. Yet, this RP is done well as I truly feel the annoyance his character creates.

The story and quirk are nice and unique and will bring something new to the Synth whitelist.

+1
Image Captain of the USS Almayer CPT Christine 'Rabies' Kennel

Minimike

Post by Minimike » 08 May 2018, 15:57

DriedMilk wrote:
08 May 2018, 04:56
He RPs the most annoying character I've ever seen everytime I'm a CO it's mindblowing how Rennem can piss me off no mattter what. Yet, this RP is done well as I truly feel the annoyance his character creates.

The story and quirk are nice and unique and will bring something new to the Synth whitelist.

+1

I'm French. I'm supposed to be annoying.

NGGJamie
Host
Host
Byond: NGGJamie

Post by NGGJamie » 16 May 2018, 06:13

Accepted

Though in future writings, please put more space between paragraphs so things don't come out as a text wall.
Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Server Status

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - Present

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.