Marcus Synth Application [Mark 'Sherman' Wilson]

Mark Wilson
Byond: Tactical 445

Marcus Synth Application [Mark 'Sherman' Wilson]

Post by Mark Wilson » 06 Oct 2018, 16:51

Byond ID: Tactical 445

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here): Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you’re requesting to use (Follows common naming rules, and requires a first name with no last name): Marcus

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines (viewtopic.php?f=57&t=14417)? Yes, I have read it over many times

Synthetic Character Story (An ADEQUATE description and story of your Synthetics actions and involvement in a previous mission onboard the Almayer):
► Show Spoiler
How do you intend to play your Synth (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your Synth and what support roles you’ll mainly focus on, what is your synthetics quirk)? I intent my synth to be very serious, his quirk being more of a quiet/serious person, he follows orders, and is not comical, he likes to get things done. Though he understands sarcasm, he will rarely use it. I will mainly focus on Engineering and Medical, as that's what I am most experienced in, though I can do any support role so it doesn't matter, whatever Command wants me to do.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO) I am pretty much fully experienced in all support roles, nothing is out of my capabilities. Piloting, Commanding, Engineering, Medical, REQ... you name it, I can do it. I am a Whitelisted Commander if that proves any of my worth.

Why should we whitelist you? First off, I can RP well, It's what I enjoy most about CM. I am a whitelisted Commander as well. I have been with CM for nearly two years, I am fully experienced in almost every role and can get anything done. I love this community and would love to add some RP and fun as a synth.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)? No, I have not. Never been banned for anything major, I believe the worst I've gotten was a job ban for being SSD. The rest have been warnings.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why? I have been banned from yogstation for quite some time. It was back when I was pretty nooby, I opened a plasma tank I found in medical, I guess someone had a welder lit and it caught fire, and boom, killed multiple people.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline? Yes, of course.
Last edited by Mark Wilson on 06 Oct 2018, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
Tactical 445

Commander Mark 'Sherman' Wilson

Synthetic Unit: Marcus

Sulaboy
Byond: Sulaboy
Steam: Danger

Re: Marcus Synth Application [Mark 'Sherman' Wilson]

Post by Sulaboy » 06 Oct 2018, 17:27

I have one problem with your application, and it is with your story. It doesn't sit well with me how nearing the end your synthetic seems to be acting less like a support member and more like a commander. It isn't that big of a deal because in the story we have reasons for him to be doing this.

Your answers to the other questions are alright except for the programming guidelines part, I'd feel safer if you had given your take on the guidelines instead of just saying you read them especially because the format link there has the wrong domain name.

Besides those two points the application is alright, and you could probably pull it off. +1
Clancy 'Danger' Long
Ethan
A̸̧̭̰̮̰̜̥͈̱̲̫̲̭͋̄̈̍̉̓̿̊̃H̸͈̬̗̓̄̒̇̿̀̏̎͑͊̇̃̇͝Ĥ̴̨̧̨̩̞̗̤͝ͅH̴͔͕͊̄̓̐̀͝

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 06 Oct 2018, 17:38

Sulaboy wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 17:27
I have one problem with your application, and it is with your story. It doesn't sit well with me how nearing the end your synthetic seems to be acting less like a support member and more like a commander. It isn't that big of a deal because in the story we have reasons for him to be doing this.

Your answers to the other questions are alright except for the programming guidelines part, I'd feel safer if you had given your take on the guidelines instead of just saying you read them especially because the format link there has the wrong domain name.

Besides those two points the application is alright, and you could probably pull it off. +1
Ah sorry about him seeming as the Commander, the line where he said "Reload!!" actually wasn't supposed to be said by Marcus, it was supposed to be said by the Squad Leader next to him, I fixed it. Just most of the speaking was done by Marcus and I wasn't thinking when I wrote that line. Marcus was just mainly there for the signals, and to make sure the plan was done right according to the COs orders. He didn't really need to provide much support either due to the plan being carried out well, there was almost no causalities on the marine side during the assault.

Sorry about the link, should be fixed. My take on the guidlines, well, I think they're straight forward and easy to follow.

Don't be a rambo killing machine at the front, only melee weapons for defense. What synths should mainly do is provide medical assistance if deployed. Follow orders, take priority in more important orders... ect.
Tactical 445

MattAtlas
Byond: MattAtlas

Post by MattAtlas » 08 Oct 2018, 07:54

I don't think your story is satisfactory in telling me how your synth acts.

Can you write me an excerpt of your synth actually speaking to someone? As long as the conversation is the main focus I don't care much about the circumstances.
I'm part of the Synthetic Council with ThesoldierLLJK and Jakkkk. Feel free to DM me on the forums or Discord (Matt#5881) if you have any questions about synths.

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 08 Oct 2018, 08:01

Your story was as boring as your quirk will be. I don't mind a boring synth, but your story really didn't show me much about your synth except he's generic. That being said, you've been around in the community for awhile, and I know you can roleplay.

It's boring, and honestly the story didn't wow me, but maybe this is just your way of showing us how boring your synth will be.
I'm giving you a +1 based on your reputation

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Post by Sleepy Retard » 08 Oct 2018, 08:22

Operation is over.

There are six wounded, three critical condition PFCs.

One medic who is stable, but unable to stand.

An SL who is dead but revivable, said SL also was constantly insulting you and threw several items at you, damaging you heavily.

The Commander is wounded, broken chest and head.

Who do you heal first?
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Oct 2018, 10:00

El Defaultio wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 08:22
Operation is over.

There are six wounded, three critical condition PFCs.

One medic who is stable, but unable to stand.

An SL who is dead but revivable, said SL also was constantly insulting you and threw several items at you, damaging you heavily.

The Commander is wounded, broken chest and head.

Who do you heal first?
First I heal the SL, a synth doesn’t hold grudges, and he’s in the worse condition. Second I heal the Commander, he is the most important person to the Almayer and should take priority, he is also in risk of a lung rupture. Third I pop some painkillers for the medic and shake him up, and other injuries he can fix himself. Then I move to the tree critical marines, hopefully being helped by the medic I healed.
Tactical 445

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Post by Sleepy Retard » 08 Oct 2018, 10:10

Mark Wilson wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 10:00
First I heal the SL, a synth doesn’t hold grudges, and he’s in the worse condition. Second I heal the Commander, he is the most important person to the Almayer and should take priority, he is also in risk of a lung rupture. Third I pop some painkillers for the medic and shake him up, and other injuries he can fix himself. Then I move to the tree critical marines, hopefully being helped by the medic I healed.
While the commander is important, he wasn't in critical condition. As long as he didn't move, a lung rupture wouldn't be a problem. Do you think treating the Commander is more important than marines who are critically wounded?
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Oct 2018, 10:27

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 08:01
Your story was as boring as your quirk will be. I don't mind a boring synth, but your story really didn't show me much about your synth except he's generic. That being said, you've been around in the community for awhile, and I know you can roleplay.

It's boring, and honestly the story didn't wow me, but maybe this is just your way of showing us how boring your synth will be.
I'm giving you a +1 based on your reputation
You got it, although my synth will be capable of small talk if he has too, he prefers the quiet. He likes to get to the point, he likes to get things done.

Thank you for your feedback and support.
Tactical 445

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Oct 2018, 10:31

El Defaultio wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 10:10
While the commander is important, he wasn't in critical condition. As long as he didn't move, a lung rupture wouldn't be a problem. Do you think treating the Commander is more important than marines who are critically wounded?
Now that you clarify that the commander is not in risk of rupturing his lung due to the chest break, no he is not, although he’s important, the lives of the critical marines should take priority, the Commander is not critical and could wait for the other critical patients to be stabilized
Tactical 445

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Oct 2018, 11:55

MattAtlas wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 07:54
I don't think your story is satisfactory in telling me how your synth acts.

Can you write me an excerpt of your synth actually speaking to someone? As long as the conversation is the main focus I don't care much about the circumstances.
I’ll get back to you on that later tonight when I’m at my PC, currently on mobile.
Tactical 445

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 08 Oct 2018, 14:51

Haven't seen you in a support role for a bit, only command.

Your synth doesn't seem to be unique at all, which is fine but your quirk says he is quiet and serious. Unless otherwise stated, basically all synthetics are quiet and serious, with no need for sarcasm or other humor because they lack the ability to find things humorous to themselves.

Like MattAtlas said, a dialogue would provide me some more insight. You can totally play a quiet synthetic, there is an unlimited amount of Me "_____" you can do.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Oct 2018, 19:02

Jakkkk wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 14:51
Haven't seen you in a support role for a bit, only command.

Your synth doesn't seem to be unique at all, which is fine but your quirk says he is quiet and serious. Unless otherwise stated, basically all synthetics are quiet and serious, with no need for sarcasm or other humor because they lack the ability to find things humorous to themselves.

Like MattAtlas said, a dialogue would provide me some more insight. You can totally play a quiet synthetic, there is an unlimited amount of Me "_____" you can do.

What I'm basically trying to say is, I don't wanna play a very talkative cheerful synth, I want to play one who speaks with a lot of meaning, sticks to protocal and law, and highly respects the chain of Command, down talking insubordination and pointing out when someone is being disrespectful towards a person of higher rank.

I'll write up some more dialogue to be more clear. To make things less confusing about what I'm going to write about I'll summarize the backstory of this little dialogue.

Its based on a similar mission to the one inmy actual story, this time though, the marines lost and were pushed off of the colony, The dialogue is about Marcus helping clean up from the operation.
► Show Spoiler
There you go, I know I'm not the best at story telling and The little excerpt is rather short, but I hope it shows how I mean to talk to people as Marcus, and how I will go about things, I also hope it shows that even though He's a serious synth, he's still very helpful and in the rarest of situations, like a compliment, he can show very slight emotion, even if it's not very much at all.

If you have any questions about what I can do in support roles, Feel free to ask, almost certain I can answer about any question.
Last edited by Mark Wilson on 08 Oct 2018, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Tactical 445

Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 08 Oct 2018, 23:18

"can sometimes even show emotion"

Did you just shoot yourself in the foot?

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Oct 2018, 23:25

Jakkkk wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 23:18

Why? All I’m saying is it’s not completely impossible for him to show any sort of emotion, he’s quiet and serious, but that doesn’t mean he can’t show the slightest emotion.
Tactical 445

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 08 Oct 2018, 23:28

Jakkkk wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 23:18

Though it’s not likley at all, doubt you’ll ever see him smile or anything like that. The most would be the slightest grin, as seen at the very end of the dialogue. That’s the most youll get out of him. Here I’ll fix that to make it sound more like what I was trying to say.
Tactical 445

Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 09 Oct 2018, 05:58

Here's a question, can he show emotion or feel emotion?

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 09 Oct 2018, 09:23

Jakkkk wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 05:58
Here's a question, can he show emotion or feel emotion?
He can’t actually feel emotion, no synths feel emotion, nothing like this would ever control his decisions and what not.
Tactical 445

Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 09 Oct 2018, 11:03

+1.

You delivered an acceptable application and a better argument.

MattAtlas
Byond: MattAtlas

Post by MattAtlas » 09 Oct 2018, 12:24

Yeah sure, your answers are satisfying and the excerpt makes your story better.

+1
I'm part of the Synthetic Council with ThesoldierLLJK and Jakkkk. Feel free to DM me on the forums or Discord (Matt#5881) if you have any questions about synths.

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 09 Oct 2018, 15:06

MattAtlas wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 12:24
Yeah sure, your answers are satisfying and the excerpt makes your story better.

+1
Thank you both for your support and feedback, it is appreciated
Tactical 445

Exodus
Byond: Tando_Oddball

Post by Exodus » 10 Oct 2018, 07:56

The only part of this application I didn't like were the very bright red highlights. Everything else looked quite good, and having some particularly severe Synthetics around certainly wouldn't hurt in my mind. I've also never had any sort of negative experience with you in the game or Discord. +1
Hiya. I'm the player for Axel "Jackal" Freund, Battlefield Scavenger and War Hero extraordinaire. I also play Alexander, the sycophantic mimic Synthetic.

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 10 Oct 2018, 18:35

Exodus wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 07:56
The only part of this application I didn't like were the very bright red highlights. Everything else looked quite good, and having some particularly severe Synthetics around certainly wouldn't hurt in my mind. I've also never had any sort of negative experience with you in the game or Discord. +1
Thank you for your support.
Tactical 445

VortexGaming
Byond: VortexGaming

Post by VortexGaming » 17 Oct 2018, 09:02

Aight the council basically held you verbally hostage on this one and you answered fittingly. Good answers to the questions +1 you earned it
Kaitlynn Lawson The Commander. http://www.cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
Alicia:viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
Staff history
► Show Spoiler

Mark Wilson

Post by Mark Wilson » 19 Oct 2018, 12:00

VortexGaming wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 09:02
Aight the council basically held you verbally hostage on this one and you answered fittingly. Good answers to the questions +1 you earned it
Thank you for the kind words and support, it is appreciated.
Tactical 445