Ian - Synthetic Application.

UntoldTictacs
Byond: UntoldTactics

Ian - Synthetic Application.

Post by UntoldTictacs » 07 Sep 2018, 07:12

Byond ID: UntoldTactics.

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here): Adam 'Tictacs' Taylor, I also play xeno quite a bit.

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you’re requesting to use (Follows common naming rules, and requires a first name with no last name): Ian.
Examples of acceptable names: James, Mason, Xavier, Felix, Otto, Allan, Jessica
Examples of unacceptable names: Obama, Jesus, King, Dragon, Godly, Snyper, Circuits

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines (http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtop ... 57&t=14417)?
Yes, I have read it multiple times and I believe I understand the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines to an extent beyond adequate.

Synthetic Character Story (An ADEQUATE description and story of your Synthetics actions and involvement in a previous mission onboard the Almayer):
► Show Spoiler

How do you intend to play your Synth (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your Synth and what support roles you’ll mainly focus on, what is your synthetics quirk)?
Well, my synth will be quite self centered, talking to themselves more often then to other's, of course still talking to others, but at a rate less then to himself, which is also his quirk, he will speak to himself about something, despite the fact that he can simply process this within his 'brain' if you could call it that, e.g he will say 'Note: Clean the cafeteria' out loud, to no one in particular, despite his systems already having added that to his 'to-do list', and he will sometimes repeat orders, or state he has understood them, he will actively show interest in things he finds interesting, and often speak to himself about that, and will quite often 'narrate' his actions, e.g 'Performing incision to patient's chest' as if talking into a recorder.

Support role wise Ian is programmed to perform medical and engineering to a good degree, and is able to perform requisition based tasks as well, but mainly will be working at medical or engineering, but in all essence will be all around and be able to fit to the crew manifest and requirements needed. e.g will go medical if lack of doctors, and can perform medical to a good extent, same with engineering and req, with command he can perform command tasks to a good extent, but communication may be annoying to marines due to the fact of how he speaks and his quirk. Mainly I'll just play whatever support role is required of me in a round.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)
I have memorized pretty much all the surgery procedures, whilst I am a little slow at chemistry I can do it as well, I have played medic, doctor, CMO, and a tiny bit of researcher, but not much of researcher, I have learnt to treat marines in any stage of medical treatment, e.g first aid or advanced surgery etc, I can say for sure I am good at all aspects of medical, except for chemistry, which again I am a little slow at.

Engineering wise I have played CE, MT and engineer frequently enough to get a good understanding, whilst I cannot build off memory, I can usually create barricades, and such with ease, but if I am assigned to engineering tasks I can look at the wiki for more 'advanced' constructions, e.g APC's and other wall mountings that may be needed, as well as walls, I know a good few tricks within Engineering and what way's I should be building what.

With Req, I have a good understanding of handing out attachments, moderating how much I give out and other tasks related, I have some skill in managing points, but I rarely play RO and it is not something I excel at, so to sum this up, I have a good understanding of the basic's of req, supply dropping and such.

With command, I have played SO, SL, CMO, CMP etc, noting that most of those are not 'mainstream' command roles, but I have what I can confidently call a good understanding of the overwatch system, launching OB's, supply drops, and communication between marines and the overwatching officer (I talk a lot basically), I know how to command at a somewhat higher level, having had to take command at a lowpop round, assigning squads to tasks and managing CiC by myself, so if I wanted to, I could probably play XO, but i'd rather not, noting that communication is probably the key part to command.

Why should we whitelist you?
Well, i'm not particularly known or special, but I love to roleplay, and I love the style synth's have to roleplay to, and in other server's I am a lover of AI/Cyborg gameplay, so this is one of the closest things to that, other then that, I like to think that I am a 'all around' person, having played most, if not all of the ship roles, which can add to the fact synth's are programmed to be able to do a lot of tasks, other then that, I'm asking for a chance to prove myself worthy of being whitelisted, and I am quite active on discord, whilst not on forums, simply because I like the platform of discord more, I am constantly learning roleplay and ways to roleplay, and learning what I can, as well as learning and recognizing my mistakes in game and in rounds and then making sure I don't make said mistakes again, as I have been told quite a few times not to do stuff in a round (mainly just ic in ooc/ vice versa stuff) and I like to think I can apply such learning aspects to roleplay and such, which will help me become the part of a Synthetic and to become part of a round, making the experience for everyone, I hope, better.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)?
Nope.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
I believe so, Oracle Station, for using two bag's of holding to summon a Singularity, during a quite chaotic round, in which the captain was a bit insane, I had forgotten to ask admin permission earlier, and there was probably a misunderstanding or two, I don't currently know if it is a perm or temporary ban, as I haven't bothered to check.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
Yes I do.

Sulaboy
Byond: Sulaboy
Steam: Danger

Re: Ian - Synthetic Application.

Post by Sulaboy » 07 Sep 2018, 08:40

Reading this I felt that the story was a bit short, but it does display your quirk well. It also shows off how it could affect the round. I could dig a quirk of "Thinking out loud". What really sold me on your application was your answers to the applications questions. Just remember that CM's synthetic's are different from other server's AI/Cyborgs. +1

Edit:
Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)?
Nope.
I believe the job ban would fall under last month seeing that it was issued about two weeks ago. -1
Last edited by Sulaboy on 08 Sep 2018, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Clancy 'Danger' Long
Ethan
A̸̧̭̰̮̰̜̥͈̱̲̫̲̭͋̄̈̍̉̓̿̊̃H̸͈̬̗̓̄̒̇̿̀̏̎͑͊̇̃̇͝Ĥ̴̨̧̨̩̞̗̤͝ͅH̴͔͕͊̄̓̐̀͝

UntoldTictacs

Post by UntoldTictacs » 07 Sep 2018, 09:16

Sulaboy wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 08:40
Reading this I felt that the story was a bit short, but it does display your quirk well. It also shows off how it could affect the round. I could dig a quirk of "Thinking out loud". What really sold me on your application was your answers to the applications questions. Just remember that CM's synthetic's are different from other server's AI/Cyborgs. +1
Ah thanks for the feedback on my application , and I understand that synthetics are much different to other servers AI/Borgs, but I used them as an example to the 'general' gameplay and roleplay style that I enjoy playing, as synths can be roughly compared to them.

420MYK
Byond: 420M.Y.K

Post by 420MYK » 07 Sep 2018, 12:57

I really want to give this because 1.i feel we need a few more synths and 2.medical staff are always needed, i also feel like ive played with you before but i cant remember. Also While its fine specializing in a role and not touching others as much (i barely touch medical roles personally but engie Im fond of) a synth player is really expected to have at least a fair bit of knowledge across the board, and building cades is one thing but if you need to alt tab constantly to fix APCs and such youll find you'll be spending time idle. That being said though ill sit on the fence for now until i either see some more people cast their vote or i see you IG more.

I also like your quirk though and think itd be interesting to RP with assuming you could keep it up along with normal conversation like a quirky synth would, Good luck and hopefully i can slide you a + soon :)
Noxus Poppy is bae.

In game character name:Alice 'Snow' Falkner. Lar'ja H'chak

I may do stupid shit sometimes, but were marines its what we do. Always saving, rarely saved. Piss lead and blow shit up until you die. Rinse and repeat.

UntoldTictacs

Post by UntoldTictacs » 07 Sep 2018, 16:46

420MYK wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 12:57
I really want to give this because 1.i feel we need a few more synths and 2.medical staff are always needed, i also feel like ive played with you before but i cant remember. Also While its fine specializing in a role and not touching others as much (i barely touch medical roles personally but engie Im fond of) a synth player is really expected to have at least a fair bit of knowledge across the board, and building cades is one thing but if you need to alt tab constantly to fix APCs and such youll find you'll be spending time idle. That being said though ill sit on the fence for now until i either see some more people cast their vote or i see you IG more.

I also like your quirk though and think itd be interesting to RP with assuming you could keep it up along with normal conversation like a quirky synth would, Good luck and hopefully i can slide you a + soon :)
You may of misunderstood that bit of engineering, I can repair APCs fine, even the completly ultra broken ones, just the task of fully building one, is something I haven't memorized, so what I mean is I haven't memorized the full construction of certain objects, full construction meaning making it from scratch. The same can be said for deconstruction of objects, e.g reinforced walls, simple objects like tables etc I do know how to deconstruct cause that's pretty easy as well as cades and any of the simple objects that are deconstructed often in a round, but like medical, it can be memorized and I will try my best to do so.

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 08 Sep 2018, 00:52

The story was short like Sulaboy said, and the biggest red flag I can see is only 5 forum posts.

However, that is made up for by your interesting quirk that I like a lot, your competence IC, as well as every interaction I've had with you has left me with good impressions.

+1.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

UntoldTictacs

Post by UntoldTictacs » 08 Sep 2018, 01:54

Ah just an update:

I'm currently banned from the CT and RO role for something done a while ago, as in a few weeks or so, which was a big fiasco and something I didn't know was still being discussed or whatever, and I just found out a bit before posting this, currently i'll be appealing for that in a while or maybe later depending if the admin's don't think I have had enough time to learn my lesson etc, for sake of clarity I was the CT armed with the miniflamer.

Anyway the details are in this post. viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18485

I don't exactly remember the events fully, but I hope despite this incident I can still be considered for the Synthetic role.

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 08 Sep 2018, 09:37

UntoldTictacs wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 01:54

I don't exactly remember the events fully, but I hope despite this incident I can still be considered for the Synthetic role.
Nope -1
Sorry my man you got job banned for pretty much grief and once you have a active job ban I believe you are not eligible to apply for any white list roles.

UntoldTictacs

Post by UntoldTictacs » 08 Sep 2018, 10:00

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 09:37
Nope -1
Sorry my man you got job banned for pretty much grief and once you have a active job ban I believe you are not eligible to apply for any white list roles.
Welp, I can understand and respect that, don't really have much else to say on this particular issue of the application..soo yeah.

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 08 Sep 2018, 11:49

I'm changing my vote to -1 after analyzing the CT ban a bit more, you straight up lit the CMP on fire. Imagine you as a synthetic breaking character, that could be disastrous for the whole round.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

UntoldTictacs

Post by UntoldTictacs » 08 Sep 2018, 18:14

Jakkkk wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 11:49
I'm changing my vote to -1 after analyzing the CT ban a bit more, you straight up lit the CMP on fire. Imagine you as a synthetic breaking character, that could be disastrous for the whole round.
I understand this decision, despite this, to explain myself, at the time I believed the CMP was illegally executing the people, because of their charges (which I cannot remember exactly) which at the time I believed didn't have a maximum penalty of execution, but I found out later, that more then 60 minutes of jail time can lead to permabrig or execution a bit after the round or so and just to say it was a stupid mistake I made nearly a month ago or so, which I regret after realizing I was in the wrong. But I ask that I'm not judged on one silly, stupid mistake I made a few weeks or a month ago, but instead on the application I submitted and every action I've done in game, which I believe outweigh my moronic mistake, if this is not your belief though I respect your decision and I will strive to make sure I don't make any mistakes like this again.

Solarmare
Byond: Solarmare

Post by Solarmare » 09 Sep 2018, 23:37

That mistake will matter until more time has passed, as I am rather tired of people thinking an MP actually performing their duties is worth using lethal force on them.
-1 for now, synths shouldn't be carrying lethal or irrational actions like that and there needs to be more time of you going with causing such issues.
Appealing the job bans and being more active on the forums, as well as stayingsomewhat active in game are the sort of things that help in getting community feedback for the application otherwise in the future.
Can you heeeeaaaaar am I floating in my tin can. A last glimpse of the world.
Planet Earth is blue, and there's nothing left to do.

Forum Rule #2: Do NOT post in an appeal if you are not contributing as a witness, if you are keep it simple and easy to read.

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Post by Sleepy Retard » 19 Sep 2018, 19:05

The story was short and straight to the point, it was good. The quirk works well. You're active on discord and in game. I wish I could +1 this, but the recent grief is off putting.

-1, good luck next time.
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

MattAtlas
Byond: MattAtlas

Post by MattAtlas » 25 Sep 2018, 06:55

I think I'd trust you to be a synth what with the good story and quirk, but I can't +1 you in good faith after the grief. Sorry man.

Gonna have to be a -1.
I'm part of the Synthetic Council with ThesoldierLLJK and Jakkkk. Feel free to DM me on the forums or Discord (Matt#5881) if you have any questions about synths.

Omicega
Byond: Omicega

Post by Omicega » 25 Sep 2018, 13:50

Cute quirk, it gives you some way of standing out a little without being too drastic, and I think it's the sort of thing you could reasonably keep up.

Story is short and boring -- another 'synth stands in medbay and does medical things' which we have too much of already.

Despite the recent grief, though, I think you're capable of the role, but with the jobban on your record I feel like it forces my hand towards a neutral at best.

Good luck on your next application.

I play Alicia Parker, Naomi Bowman, and Chloe.

SovietKitty

Post by SovietKitty » 25 Sep 2018, 16:16

It was a +1, based off your application alone. But you also have the added benefit of being a competent player, one I've seen fairly active over the recent month, and you've more or less toed the good player line. But, grief can be a dangerous tool, and continuing with my recommendation so soon would be a bad reflection on my own expectations.

I think you'd make a great synthetic, just after some time for the note to go away.
hi, smile.

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 25 Sep 2018, 17:46

Resolved - Denied; try to get your job-bans lifted as well.
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.