Ian - Synthetic Application 2.0

UntoldTictacs
Byond: UntoldTactics

Ian - Synthetic Application 2.0

Post by UntoldTictacs » 29 Nov 2018, 02:47

Byond ID: UntoldTactics.

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here): Adam 'Tictacs' Taylor, but I often play xeno as well.

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you’re requesting to use (Follows common naming rules, and requires a first name with no last name):[/b] Ian.
Examples of acceptable names: James, Mason, Xavier, Felix, Otto, Allan, Jessica
Examples of unacceptable names: Obama, Jesus, King, Dragon, Godly, Snyper, Circuits

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines (http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtop ... 57&t=14417)?
Yes, I have read over them numerous times and I know what the standards and requirements of a synthetic are.

Synthetic Character Story (An ADEQUATE description and story of your Synthetics actions and involvement in a previous mission onboard the Almayer):

► Show Spoiler

How do you intend to play your Synth (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your Synth and what support roles you’ll mainly focus on, what is your synthetics quirk)?
I will be playing Ian as sort of a narrative synth, he will at times narrate his actions, saying for example, "I am patching your wounds, and administering a bicardine pill" or so on, he would do this, in sometimes even time critical situations, unless him narrating himself would somehow lead to harm or otherwise to any marine or crew of the Almayer, as well as non-hostile civilians, support role wise, I will be handling mostly medical/engineering, and perhaps a bit of command or requisitions, he will have a slight Aussie accent, and will pronounce things in the Australian tongue (colour instead of color etc.), the quirk being he narrates his actions, having a slight Aussie accent (I mean very slight) is just as to make it easier on me (as I am Australian) for talking.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO)

Medical: I can say with honesty, that I have mastered most components of medical, I have memorized what all the chems you can find in a medic's belt do, and how they help a marine survive, I know how to perform surgery and have memorized most/all the surgeries listed down in the wiki page. My only down coming in medical is chemistry, which I require the aid of the chemical guide to do efficiently. I know the common mistakes that medic's can do, and have rarely (or never) done them, and as a doctor/CMO former main, I know how to perform triage and manage medical to a nice level.

Engineering: Engineering wise, I have pretty much mastered most aspects of engineering. I can do most engineering tasks without the aid of any guide, and have memorized most of the construction tasks needed as a engineer/synthetic. I have also played MT/CE and have knowledge of how to load the Orbital Cannon, how to setup the engines and such, and over my time playing as an engineer, I have created some FOBs which I personally believe were to an above average standard.

Requisitions: Requisitions wise, I can do all the tasks required of a CT, and most tasks of an RO. I can order and manage the points of the Cargo console, and can efficiently hand out attachments and create bundles of supplies for sending down planetside, but I have not mastered the art of managing the points, and am in no way a requisitions main.

Command: I have played SO many times, and know what is expected of me, and how to use the overwatch console, and how to communicate effectively with marines down on the ground, and I have a good amount of experience on higher command roles (When an XO/CO was not awake), and how to conduct briefings, manage all 4 squads, command definitely isn't my strongest two, as engineering and medical are what I am best at, but I can do SO level command with ease if required.

Why should we whitelist you?
Well, I enjoy CM. I have played many roles over my time in the game, and have applied for synthetic once before, so i'll keep this around the same, I don't have any particular reason as to why I am better or more suited over other applicants for synthetic, and I know I have gotten quite the many notes over my time in CM as well, even having being jobbaned from requisitions. All I can say is, I have changed and learnt my lessons, and every mistake I make, I learn and never repeat again. I like to think playing synthetic will help make the gameplay experience for everyone in a round better, and as well for personal enjoyment, I enjoy the idea of a role which can aid and do most/all support tasks, but cannot fight (mostly), I often enjoy playing as such support roles in other servers, or in general in CM. For all I know I may of made this too early, and my notes are too fresh to ignore, but otherwise I will keep striving and applying, and making up for my mistakes, and learning from them, which I believe is a quality that can be valued for a synthetic player.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)?
No, I have not.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
Yes, Oracle station (Which I believe might be defunct), for putting two bags of holding into one another and summoning a singularity without admin permission, but with ample reason.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline? Yes I understand this, and will strive to make sure if I am accepted that this won't occur.

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Re: Ian - Synthetic Application 2.0

Post by Sleepy Retard » 29 Nov 2018, 06:28

WHY
DO
PEOPLE
PUT
GLOWY
FONT
ON
THEIR
APPS

THIS DOESN'T MAKE IT BETTER
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

Karmac
Byond: Karmac
Steam: Karmac

Post by Karmac » 29 Nov 2018, 06:33

Hmm, today I will blind anyone attempting to review my synth application, in the hopes they will just plus one it instead.
Garth Pawolski, or is it Powalski?

Back in action.

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 29 Nov 2018, 06:34

How often will you use this quirk and in what situations?
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

UntoldTictacs

Post by UntoldTictacs » 29 Nov 2018, 07:10

Jakkkk wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 06:34
How often will you use this quirk and in what situations?
Well, I will be using the quirk situationally, if I was say, performing non-time critical surgery (bone fractures etc) I might narrate every action/step, whilst if it's a xeno larva removal, or some sort of medical first aid where they need defib I would probably not narrate it, or only narrate an action or two, like "Engaging defib" which I could type inbetween the time of the defib working.

I won't be using it in situations where typing up a sentence could be a bad idea, such as when there are Xenos wandering around.

In general I would use this at a pace where it isn't something that I do often enough to become annoying, or repetive, but I will be using it when I feel it fit to narrate an action, or to process a function out loud.

MattAtlas
Byond: MattAtlas

Post by MattAtlas » 29 Nov 2018, 08:35

Do you think the marine you're doing surgery on will appreciate the fact that you're wasting 30+ seconds narrating your actions?
I'm part of the Synthetic Council with ThesoldierLLJK and Jakkkk. Feel free to DM me on the forums or Discord (Matt#5881) if you have any questions about synths.

Awesomesauce935
Byond: Awesomesauce935
Steam: awesomesauce935

Post by Awesomesauce935 » 29 Nov 2018, 10:16

I wouldn't recommend doing it during a surgery, since the only person around to hear it will probably be the sedated marine.

Basic first aid, Construction work, acknowledging orders, or vending in the req line (to an extent, don't take too long) may be better situations.
Garviel Rozencruze - Full Time Bravo, Part Time Unga, Robustitude Hobbyist.
Abigail - I'm not disappointed in you, this is exactly what i predicted.

LIZARD PANIC!

UntoldTictacs

Post by UntoldTictacs » 29 Nov 2018, 14:52

MattAtlas wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 08:35
Do you think the marine you're doing surgery on will appreciate the fact that you're wasting 30+ seconds narrating your actions?
Probably not, but that was just an example of when I could do it, as I could probably manage short sentences inbetween the time it takes to do surgery steps.

UntoldTictacs

Post by UntoldTictacs » 29 Nov 2018, 14:53

Awesomesauce935 wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 10:16
I wouldn't recommend doing it during a surgery, since the only person around to hear it will probably be the sedated marine.

Basic first aid, Construction work, acknowledging orders, or vending in the req line (to an extent, don't take too long) may be better situations.
Yeah, I realize this now. But again it was mostly an example of when I could possibly have the time to do such, but otherwise I probably won't be doing it that often for surgeries, as most are often time critical, I might narrate one step but that's probably it.

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 29 Nov 2018, 16:41

I'm not sure if I trust your quirk. You could do it good and make it entertaining, or you could do it poorly and waste time for people waiting for you to do shit.

I'd rather not take the chance of you getting on the whitelist and fucking up, but I'll stay neutral to let my other council members get a say in first.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

VortexGaming
Byond: VortexGaming

Post by VortexGaming » 29 Nov 2018, 20:11

Can I ask for you to take out glow on your text and just change the color to like orange? or a bold color that would stand out? because I cant read it the way it is
Edit: Like im not tryina be a douche or anything and be over the top about it. Its just whenever I try to read something the glow keeps catching my eye, making me lose my place and its too annoying to continue
Kaitlynn Lawson The Commander. http://www.cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
Alicia:viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
Staff history
► Show Spoiler

Survivor
Byond: Dr. Lance

Post by Survivor » 29 Nov 2018, 20:43

VortexGaming wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 20:11
Can I ask for you to take out glow on your text and just change the color to like orange? or a bold color that would stand out? because I cant read it the way it is
Edit: Like im not tryina be a douche or anything and be over the top about it. Its just whenever I try to read something the glow keeps catching my eye, making me lose my place and its too annoying to continue
The thread gets locked after an hour of getting posted. He can't change it now
"Sorry, but... I'm the only winner in this story." - Commander Pierce Jackson

Commodore Pierce Jackson/Jack "Survivor" Lance

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

PM me if you have any questions about CO

VortexGaming
Byond: VortexGaming

Post by VortexGaming » 30 Nov 2018, 00:07

Survivor wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 20:43
The thread gets locked after an hour of getting posted. He can't change it now
Oh fuck, yeah I forget that my apps dont lock for me because im a mod. well I literally cant fully read the app at the current moment as im sleepy.
Ill read it tomorrow and make an edit on this post with my vote
Kaitlynn Lawson The Commander. http://www.cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
Alicia:viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
Staff history
► Show Spoiler

Karmac
Byond: Karmac
Steam: Karmac

Post by Karmac » 30 Nov 2018, 07:55

The writing is incredibly poor, you narrate like three things tops during the course of the story, and you don't actually include any australian lingo, instead noting that 'previous sentence was said with a slight australian accent'. I can't honestly give this a plus one because it looks like 12 year old wrote it.
Garth Pawolski, or is it Powalski?

Back in action.

MattAtlas

Post by MattAtlas » 02 Dec 2018, 09:08

I dunno man, I think you had a good shot but you missed it. The story's just... not that great and the quirk isn't something I'd like to see. It'll get stale and it's probably gonna be annoying more than entertaining.

Gonna be a neutral leaning to -1 from me for now.
I'm part of the Synthetic Council with ThesoldierLLJK and Jakkkk. Feel free to DM me on the forums or Discord (Matt#5881) if you have any questions about synths.

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 02 Dec 2018, 15:56

I suggest you try again in the future and use the whitelist help channel on discord.

I'm not feeling this one, and your glowing text didn't help as well

MattAtlas

Post by MattAtlas » 03 Dec 2018, 16:02

MattAtlas wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 09:08
I dunno man, I think you had a good shot but you missed it. The story's just... not that great and the quirk isn't something I'd like to see. It'll get stale and it's probably gonna be annoying more than entertaining.

Gonna be a neutral leaning to -1 from me for now.
Thought about this some more, gonna change it to a full -1.

I think you really do have the guts and wits to have get an app accepted - we've all swung fouls before, sometimes it takes more tries. Don't get discouraged!

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Post by Sleepy Retard » 03 Dec 2018, 16:06

The format was actually beyond cancer, and I don't understand why you fucked up so badly and decided to put glowy text. Next time, don't. In fact, don't try and format it. Just use the given application, don't modify it, because any time you do - I feel like it's a fucking disaster.

Onto the app itself, narrating your actions is in fact a quirk, however, I don't find it particularly interesting, it doesn't add much to roleplay - all you're doing is narrating yourself, the best you'll get is someone telling you to shut the fuck up, your additional quirk on top of this is to speak in an australian accent, however, you convey this poorly by writing in the British English format, instead of American English. This would be fine, however, this just looks like you're Canadian, British, or Australian, not that you actually have an Australian Accent.

Onto the story, I can appreciate you tried to do something interesting, it's not a generic lesbay story, it's not a generic hmm today I will go to the CiC and be insulted, it's not an awakening story. The problem is, when you got to anything interesting, it just stopped. You saved the day, in about a sentence or two. That was incredibly lame. As Karmac said - the story doesn't show off your secondary quirk, but it does show off you narrating. So it does that well.

Come on discord, use whitelist help. Reapply in two months.
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

Solarmare
Byond: Solarmare

Post by Solarmare » 03 Dec 2018, 16:21

Could use more time and activity in general for people to recognize you , to actually vouch for the roles you're capable of and whether you do fine enough in game.
For all the reasons already stated, especially the blinding text, -1 for now. Some more forum activity in general, and maybe on the discord, to engage with the community wouldnt hurt you either.
Can you heeeeaaaaar am I floating in my tin can. A last glimpse of the world.
Planet Earth is blue, and there's nothing left to do.

Forum Rule #2: Do NOT post in an appeal if you are not contributing as a witness, if you are keep it simple and easy to read.

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 03 Dec 2018, 16:32

Using white glow in the future will get you automatically denied, same for any other blinding texts.

Resolved - Denied
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.