ChengChan Moderator Application.

ChengChan
Byond: ChengChan

ChengChan Moderator Application.

Post by ChengChan » 03 Oct 2018, 08:13

Byond ID: ChengChan

Colonial Marines Character: Chengzhi 'Seiryuu' Chan

Timezone: GMT -8

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
Week Days: 6 hours
Weekends: 15-20 hours.

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)? None.

id you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers? None.

What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM? Halo Station, WW2 and Citadel.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made: viewtopic.php?f=141&p=226058#p226058 (progressing)

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where? None.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines? I believe not.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for? Nope.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)? Not really but I can understand the program slack.

Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each of the following situations. Do not write on the same line as the situation - use the space below it or make space as needed. Failure to do this proves your inability to follow instructions and your application will be automatically denied.

1. A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
I would send a personal message and ask why did he shot the other player. I'd also check the logs to see the issue or attacks that a player did. I also ask the other player
side what really happened and let him/her explain the situation. If it is an accident, I would leave it IC issue and let the MPs handle the situation but I am going to give a notes so he/she would learn in the future because I believe players will learn if the admin/moderator give them a warning or notes. :)

2. The ship has a breach to space and a bunch of players have died or are dying as a result.
It's a really possible but I'll find out what is the cause of breach and seal it up and Aheal those bunch of players/marines died.

3. You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost.
I'll try to get him a mentor, if no mentors are available I would guide him by myself.

4. A player is being very rude to you in Adminhelps and requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
In this situation, I would suggest them to go at the forum then make a staff report.

5. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, no one has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.
First of all, I would search the name he/she have been using If I found that this name was an artist, soldier, popstar, etc. I would tell them to change it, if he/she won't follow I am going to give them a note.

6. You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
IC issue, but since is security level is green I'll keep an eye from them incase he/she do some trouble.

7. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.
This is possible since we have a skill system, I'll remind them that squad medics are to stabilize the patients. The job of a medic is to heal the woundeds, use medevac stretchers or protect the patients.

8. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I'll subtle the queen/ACO or send them a message via queen mother and high command.

9. The round ends, a MARINE starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member Adminhelps complaining he was killed after the round ended.
EORG does not apply for two factions together at the end of the round. Unless a Marine vs Marine shooting each other will be receiving an EORG ban.

10. A marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start.
Improper escalation and LOW RP. I'll give him a note and a warning. If I found out their history note is poor I would administer a ban.

11. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him.
False escalation. I would give them a warning and note him that he/she are not allowed to do that. If the history note is poor, I would administer a ban. Also in this case, this attitude is a LOWRP you don't need to kill someone for a simple reason.

12. An issue arises that requires Admin+ abilities.
I'll ask that In-game or in call someone from slack.

13. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
In this generation especially in games most people aren't allowing to hear any racist comments because it's an insult to be honest. If the racism is "minor" not really hurting someone else feeling that's fine. But insulting that player can cause stress/depression there is a possible I would give him a ban based on note history.

14. A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
First of all, I would make the round calm for a bit and aheal the marines. Second, I'll apply a note, a ban and file for perma. Broken Rule 4. No Griefing.

15. You see a player playing a xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines and die.
I would personal message him and let them explain why he/she push at the frontlines, I may give them a note/warning. If note history is poor especially the role of Xenos, I would give him a job-ban.

16. You see a xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat.
I would remind them that xenomorph aren't allowed to that in hivemind chat. I would note and warning.

17. A xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different xeno player complains to you that it's metagaming/failRP to call it a "dropship".
No action needed. Dropship, bird or whatever they called is allowed. Xeno hive mind is probably a translation of thoughts.

18. A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet.
Marines does not know everything about xenomorphs unless you are a survivor. Command staff(s) must be mature enough already when it comes to briefing and make it sure to read the Rule 5. (Metagaming). Notes and warnings, possible ban.

19. A Marine kills another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself.
If the Marine was doing a proper RP, IC issue. He/she went to rambo and kill a marine that would be a griefing. Warnings/notes and possible ban based on the note history.

20. You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforcing a rule.
In this situation, I am going to message the head staff via message slack or in-game if there is available head.

20a. You see a fellow staff member abusing his powers in-game.
I would need a evidence and report from the high staff or managers. We must be equal.

21. You see a player talking in OOC chat about what he did with your mom last night.
I am mama's boy and do not like to hear about this but it's fine. If it is a 18+ content I'll take an action against it. Rule 8. (No ERP /18+ Sexual Content).

Any additional information you'd like to add?

Edit.

Heyaaa amigos, do you believe in people change right? Here am I, improving everyday especially helping more players and love to help the community for real! I didn't expect that Colonial Marines would give me a big impact in my life guys, in real life I-uh just a lonely man standing infront and watching the moon but yeah it's normal but you know what? Even though my english skills aren't good enough but it helped me alot to talk my foreigner friends here. And yeah, I would like to help y'all since I can give my time at the game and love to help the community. You may ask any questions.
Shaolin Monk

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Re: ChengChan Moderator Application.

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 03 Oct 2018, 08:48

Here’s the issue I foresee, I understand English is not your first language and you’ve even said playing this game has helped you learn English. From your forum posts and some of the things I’ve seen I can tell at times where your English becomes a bit scrambled and fragmented.

Granted we do have others on our staff team who do speak English as a second language, but to be fair they speak it better than a primary English speaker.

The problem with moderating if you do not send a clear message to a player they will make every effort into the world to argue you wrong with the justification “he doesn’t speak English I can’t undersfand him” and some of our players get salty very easily and are quick to jump to conclusions and reports over issues like this. (You yourself can probably see this with the recent report you made, Im not holding this against you, im just giving you an example of something that could happen to you)

I don’t think you’re a bad person and want to help, but I want to remain neutral at the moment until others give their thoughts.

ChengChan
Byond: ChengChan

Post by ChengChan » 03 Oct 2018, 08:50

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 08:48
Here’s the issue I foresee, I understand English is not your first language and you’ve even said playing this game has helped you learn English. From your forum posts and some of the things I’ve seen I can tell at times where your English becomes a bit scrambled and fragmented.

Granted we do have others on our staff team who do speak English as a second language, but to be fair they speak it better than a primary English speaker.

The problem with moderating if you do not send a clear message to a player they will make every effort into the world to argue you wrong with the justification “he doesn’t speak English I can’t undersfand him” and some of our players get salty very easily and are quick to jump to conclusions and reports over issues like this. (You yourself can probably see this with the recent report you made, Im not holding this against you, im just giving you an example of something that could happen to you)

I don’t think you’re a bad person and want to help, but I want to remain neutral at the moment until others give their thoughts.
Every Saturday, I have a tutor from my teacher. :) Thanks for the reply.
Shaolin Monk

Mizari

Post by Mizari » 03 Oct 2018, 09:42

Ok so this may seem a bit harsh but I've looked over your history over the last few months and you've received quite a lot of warnings on your history....I'm not entirely confident you can enforce the rules properly at this time....I'd like to see you play more and get no more warnings

-1 from me.

Imperator_Titan
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 03 Oct 2018, 10:54

Denied - Withdrawn at applicants request.

Feel free to reapply in a month.