Ranged66 - Coder Application

Ranged66

Ranged66 - Coder Application

Post by Ranged66 » 13 Nov 2018, 04:46

Byond ID: Ranged66

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter): Coder

If Coder, what languages?
Python (for university study, mostly data analysis), some experience in Java, PHP, autohotkey scripting.

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
No

Proof of any previous or current work:
I could show some of the Python scripts, but they're not very pretty. Just needed them to get the job done (algebraic curve fits for experiment data etc)

How well do you know Git?
Haven't used it yet but doesn't look difficult

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand? (Yes/No)
Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
I've never used DM but I've been reading through source code to get the hang of things, seems like it's not obscenely hard to understand, it will just take some getting used to. I'm studying applied physics at an engineering university so I might not always be able to devote lots of time to developing, especially during midterms and exam weeks, but I'd like to give it a shot.
Kirra Morales - Medic

Deanthelis
Byond: Deanthelis

Re: Ranged66 - Coder Application

Post by Deanthelis » 18 Nov 2018, 16:51

I will be contacting you later today to administer a coder test. Your performance on that test will determine whether or not you're accepted as a coder.

Ranged66

Post by Ranged66 » 21 Nov 2018, 05:41

Finished it and handed it in over discord
Kirra Morales - Medic

Deanthelis
Byond: Deanthelis

Post by Deanthelis » 01 Dec 2018, 13:24

After review by all of our current coders and developers it has been determined that the responses to the test were insufficiently accurate and, without a portfolio of prior work to suggest a robust enough background to overcome the steep learning curve involved with .dm we have decided to deny this application on those grounds.

Thank you for your time and patience; feel free to re-apply in three months' time.