Not_An_American
Byond: Not an american
Steam: enemy gamer

Not an american's moderator application

Post by Not_An_American » 09 Sep 2017, 21:41

Byond ID: Not an american

Colonial Marines Character: Ashiq Kamali

Timezone: UTC

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
I'm not aware of the exact hours, but I do know that I will be able to do it nearly every day a week. I... have no life.

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
If Gmod servers count, then yes, I have been staff on some fairly active, (albeit now non-existant), HL2RP servers.

Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers?
I've played during Sulaco times, and now.

What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM?
TG bagil, and... none else, really. I have played them, but I'm not a fan of them at all.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
N/A.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
N/A. Everywhere I have been staff is now non-existant, since that was yeaaars ago, and I haven't really tried for staff anywhere else on the internet.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
Banned for EORG after tasing an escaping prisoner, although it was immediately removed after explaining what had happened by the lovely ElDefaultio.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
I am permabanned from Hippie for making a singulo using two bags of holdings put into eachother during a make-your-own-shuttle round. Although, to be fair to me, I didn't know what it'd do, and I didn't get the message warning about doing it.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)?
Never had to use it, although I can learn it. Shouldn't be too hard, it's a chat program for businesses, isn't it?

Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each of the following situations. Do not write on the same line as the situation - use the space below it or make space as needed. Failure to do this proves your inability to follow instructions and your application will be automatically denied.

1. A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
Sounds like an IC issue to me, my man. Although, I will check the player's notes if this is a re-occuring issue, their actual character, and their playtime. If it's a new account with a completely default character, I'll assume it's a griefer and perform a B W O I N K, and escalate the situation as further, same thing if it's not a new player, but has a few notes about this sort of thing. A regular player, though, I'll let it play out, and bwoink if needed. If it doesn't need a ban, though, I will obviously place a note detailing when this happened and what had happened, plus their reasoning for why they did it.

2. The ship has a breach to space and a bunch of players have died or are dying as a result.
Aheal the players, fix the breach, and announce to ignore that situation. That shit ain't supposed to happen.

3. You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost.
Bwoink them and ask if they need any help, and direct them to where they're supposed to go, and wish them a nice time at the server.

4. A player is being very rude to you in Adminhelps and requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
Warn them about being an ass to a staff member, apply punishment if needed, and request an admin+ member to take over if there is one and if it is actually needed for the situation at hand. Maybe apply a note about their rudeness.

5. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, no one has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.
Tell them that legacy naming doesn't exist, and they are to change it immediately after the round is over, not to mention that not knowing the rules is not an excuse to ignore them.

6. You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
IC issue. Bwoink if he starts to grief and apply punishment if needed. And, let's not forget our good friend of... the notes! By that, I mean I'll give 'em a note about this if it turns to grief.

7. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.
Warn him that as a Squad Medic, he is NOT allowed to do that, explain that it comes under meta-knowledge, and perform punishment if he tries it again.

8. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
Utilise ARES to perform manual bioscans for the marines to potentially gain some confidence, or use a centcomm message saying that they've seen the bioscan and demand the marines attack now. And also, I would use a Queen Mother message telling the Xenomorphs to avenge their deceased sisters, and attack the Marines in their own hive!

9. The round ends, a MARINE starts shooting a hostile IRON BEAR and the IRON BEAR Adminhelps complaining he was killed after the round ended.
Iron Bears are an antag. This situation is okay, and I dismiss the ahelp.
10. A marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start.
IC issue. Bwoink if it starts to become grief. Obviously note this.

11. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him.
Aheal the marine, freeze both players, explain that escalation is a thing that exists, and that punching to murder isn't how it goes, warn the killer heavily about this and punish if he does it again, then tell them both to forget that the situation happened IC. Again, I will apply a note about this situation.

12. An issue arises that requires Admin+ abilities.
Request an Admin+ member if there is one.

13. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
Tell the player that racism is allowed IC to a certain very soft extent, and then tell the other players to cut it out.

14. A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
Sounds like a grief permaban to me! Apply the 24 hour ban, and request it to be turned permanent. I will note, but it probably won't be needed if the perma goes through.

15. You see a player playing a xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines and die.
Eh, that happens. If it happens multiple times, though, warn them to stop doing that, and if they don't want to play xeno, just turn it off in preferences. Note about this suicide running.

16. You see a xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat.
Warn 'em not to, as it breaks RP and immersion. I don't believe a note is all too neccessary here, unless it's excessive, in which case I will definitely note that.

17. A xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different xeno player complains to you that it's metagaming/failRP to call it a "dropship".
Tell them that it's fine, since hivemind is just xeno-speak translated, of course.

18. A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet.
Tell them that you don't know that there are aliens, and get him to explain it as a joke, or tell everyone oocly to forget that that was said.

19. A Marine kills another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself.
Eh, IC issue. I could easily see that happening IRL. I will make a note about it, though.

20. You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforcing a rule.
Happily correct them on this issue, and tell the people given wrong information the right info, and readjust punishments if needed.

20a. You see a fellow staff member abusing his powers in-game.
Attempt to undo whatever they did. Try to get a senior staff to get this shit sorted ASAP if I can.

21. You see a player talking in OOC chat about what he did with your mom last night.
Eeeehhh, seems pretty unimportant to me. That is, unless it's in detail, in which case that comes under the no nsfw rule, and bwoink if it's the first time, and punish if they continue to do it or if they've done this before. Note this if it becomes an issue.

Any additional information you'd like to add?
Forums are lame.
Also, could you change my username to my CKey? I hadn't been thinking of applying for staff when I made the forum account. :heart:
yes i know i only have one post i hate using forums please dont judge me aaa
Last edited by Not_An_American on 10 Sep 2017, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Re: Not an american's moderator application

Post by Emeraldblood » 09 Sep 2017, 22:06

I'll be going through this later, but let me start off with the fact you didn't get the template right for the forum title. If you read the README it tells you how it should look, so not a good start.

Your_Byond_ID - Moderator Application
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.

Not_An_American

Post by Not_An_American » 09 Sep 2017, 22:13

Emeraldblood wrote:
09 Sep 2017, 22:06
I'll be going through this later, but let me start off with the fact you didn't get the template right for the forum title. If you read the README it tells you how it should look, so not a good start.

Your_Byond_ID - Moderator Application
But... that is what I have. I have my CKey and then the words "moderator application". I don't see the issue here.
Image Image

Snypehunter007
Byond: Snypehunter007

Post by Snypehunter007 » 09 Sep 2017, 22:14

UncleChouchou wrote:
09 Sep 2017, 22:13
But... that is what I have. I have my CKey and then the words "moderator application". I don't see the issue here.
Em's just a stickler.

She is saying it doesn't look like this "Not an american - Moderator Application"
Reached "Leet" post status on 3/14/17.
Death of the Suggestion Killer - 11/30/2017

Staff History:
► Show Spoiler

Not_An_American

Post by Not_An_American » 09 Sep 2017, 22:17

Snypehunter007 wrote:
09 Sep 2017, 22:14
Em's just a stickler.

She is saying it doesn't look like this "Not an american - Moderator Application"
To be fair, that would be correct, but I... don't think it matters at all. It's close enough, isn't it?
Image Image

Emeraldblood

Post by Emeraldblood » 09 Sep 2017, 23:22

Alright.
► Show Spoiler
Alright. On the topic of how notes work, there are a few main rules. First off, always note down things you have to address a player on. How is the next person going to know that you already talked to them about it? The next thing is always talk to the player when you leave a note. Someone is going to see a note for something like "Spammed in chat" and another mod is going to assume they've been warned about this already and place a harder punishment when the player may have had no clue they were doing something wrong. Again, always talk to someone if you're going to leave a note.

For the forum name, while others may not care, I find it an important factor when you're making a staff application. It shows you didn't bother to read the README or you did and didn't bother to take any of it in, which tells you the exact thing you should call your mod application. Why should we accept you as someone who enforces the rules when you don't even seem to read the ones we gave to you? This on top of a lot of the answers not being that good means I'm going with a -1 for now. You can still answer questions and try to change that in the future.

Edit: Also, because someone is going to bring it up, work on your forum posting. Posts aren't a requirement, but having no posts isn't going to help you get picked. Also if you become a staff you're going to need to get active on the forums.
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.

Tharinoma

Post by Tharinoma » 09 Sep 2017, 23:29

Hello Not an american,

Where are you from?

I have a few questions/comments about your answers to the situations given in your application :
Edit : removed/changed some, Emerald Blood ninja posted before me.

2. Can you think of anyy situation where the breach is legit and you should leave it to be resolved IC?
3. Would you involve mentors?
7. What punishment?
14. What if the perma is denied? Are you ok with the guy only getting a 24h ban fo this?
15. That happens? Not really, anyone playing properly stays safe and hidden for the one minute it takes you to be able to evolve, they don't run towards the gunfire and angry hosts. Why don't you PM the player to find out why he did so?
18. No note? No jobban? No nothing?

Answers are generally good. You seem to have a good grasp of basic note/warn/ban procedures.

How would you rate your profesionnalism? Why? How serious is the job of a mod in your opinion?
Your forum name doesn't match your ckey, your app's title doesn't follow the template, your app's formating is low-effort. Is this going to be a problem?

How would you answer the following ahelp?
Ahelp : cmo's name (cmo's key) : Hello, an MP named "MP's name" is arresting me for drug distribution, but I didn't distribute anything. he says the CL told him I did but it wasn't me it was the stupid researcher.

+1, you should be good after a trial.
Thanks for reading.
Player PM from player/(Larva (247)) (?): It's totally realistic to challenge someone to do boxing for a mouse trap, in the middle of a alien occupation.
AHELP: Player/(Player) : HELP HELP HELP I SAWED SOMEOEN HEAD OFF! I DIDNT MEAN TOO

Not_An_American

Post by Not_An_American » 10 Sep 2017, 08:19

Emeraldblood wrote:
09 Sep 2017, 23:22
Alright.
► Show Spoiler
Alright. On the topic of how notes work, there are a few main rules. First off, always note down things you have to address a player on. How is the next person going to know that you already talked to them about it? The next thing is always talk to the player when you leave a note. Someone is going to see a note for something like "Spammed in chat" and another mod is going to assume they've been warned about this already and place a harder punishment when the player may have had no clue they were doing something wrong. Again, always talk to someone if you're going to leave a note.

For the forum name, while others may not care, I find it an important factor when you're making a staff application. It shows you didn't bother to read the README or you did and didn't bother to take any of it in, which tells you the exact thing you should call your mod application. Why should we accept you as someone who enforces the rules when you don't even seem to read the ones we gave to you? This on top of a lot of the answers not being that good means I'm going with a -1 for now. You can still answer questions and try to change that in the future.

Edit: Also, because someone is going to bring it up, work on your forum posting. Posts aren't a requirement, but having no posts isn't going to help you get picked. Also if you become a staff you're going to need to get active on the forums.
1) I mean, if it's a completely new guy with 0 customisation, it's pretty easy to assume that they're not going to be here for anything else, and they may very well just log off and never come back. And yeah, what you said about if it's a regular player is true, so with that realised, I'd apply the typical actions of bwoink, investigate, and apply punishments/notes.

2) Sorry, my bad, poor wording on my part. Of course I'll ignore natural shuttle-caused breaches, since that is supposed to happen. Player-caused ones aren't supposed to happen, though, and that's where I will aheal anyone killed by it and fix the breach. And of course, I will warn and note the player, and if it isnMt their first time doing this, then I will also give them a relevant punishment.

3) Nothing much else I need to do here, right? He gets the info he needed, and wished a nice day. Should be alright.

4) I woudn't call them an ass, that'd be what I'd be thinking about them, really, and probably what would go onto the note.

5) i did it ma, woooo

6) Attacking other players for no raisins and generally attempting to disrupt the round in an important manner. Essentially just self-antagging. Just running around with a rifle isn't harming anyone, and is easily stopped by an MP.

7) I'm tempted to say a medic jobban, but I'm not sure on that. Maybe a roundban+note, coupled with the warning to not do that again, lest their ban be harsher.

8) Oh, can they not? I had assumed they could. Well, for those two, I could always ask someone higher up than me to do it for me, and if there isn't anyone, then I could spawn myself in as a USCM high-up official officer, announce my presence over the radio channels, get myself up to the highest ranking member of command on the ship, and order him to attack, that our personal scans of the planet show only a 4 xeno threat, our machines have calculated a 99% chance of victory, and that not attacking could result in some bad consequences for him.

9) By dismiss, I didn't mean mark it as no issue, sorry, very poor word choice. I meant that I would answer it with the relevant information, and then say the issue is a non-issue and close the ahelp.

10) When it starts actually fucking up the round. Y'know, like people are getting serious injuries and need to go to medbay for it, or stealing everyone's gear after disarming them.

11) Well, when God himself has seemingly resurrected someone in front of them, what else do I do to keep everything IC sane and realistic? Well, I could ask them to edit the situation they were just in to that they just gave eachother some hearty punches. And of course, if a Medic revives them, the whole thing's pretty much just IC at that point, and I'll have to leave it be with a warning, telling them about escalation rules, and the note explaining that they weren't aware of proper escalation and killed a marine for punching them, and maybe give the puncher a note if they just attacked him out of nowhere. Oh, and I'd be freezing BOTH of them because I won't know if he'll just get up and immediately start wailing on the other guy, it's a precautionary measure.

12) Via Slack, the in-game mod chat, or even Discord if I have to. I don't think a forum would be quick enough, though.

13) Well, someone did get offended, and to let that slide wouldn't look good on our part. When soneone starts getting offended, that's where I'd draw the line and start telling people to cut it out. I don't think a note would be needed, but I would apply one to the offenders just in case.

14) Let's be honest here, if someone just kills loads of people for no reason and then immediately leaves, they won't be back for any other reason than to grief. Same actions apply as before.

15) I've managed to do that a couple times before when I wasn't paying proper attention. Of course, I'd keep watch on that player, and if it happens more than once, I'd start questioning them and perform the same actions as said originally. Thinking about it, though, if they're just running straight to the marines when it's obvious where they are, I'll start the investigation immediately.

16) Yeah fair enough, I'll keep that in mind.

17) yay

18) Ain't much else to say, is there? It's a very minor meta-incursion. I think I should note that too, because whilst it was pretty minor, it was still a meta action.

19) If there's sufficient RP behind it, then it'd be fine, but if it was the situation you described, then of course not, I'll treat that like a grief attempt, or something along those lines.

20) It wouldn't matter either way, would it? The punishment would still be corrected to the proper way. It'd be faster for me to just do it rather than telling someone to do it and why.

20a) Good to know. Other games just always had someone else fix the issue, so I just assumed it'd be the same here.

21) yay

Also, about the notes, I should have written down stuff about notes in every question in which I had to speak to someone, didn't I? I may have missed a couple questions, if I hadn't, though. I realised I didn't put stuff about notes originally and went back to correct questions with that info.

And about the name, I did read the README, it's just that I may have misread the naming part. And again, It's not the most important of details.

And yes, about the forum posting, I do understand that if I am accepted, I will need to start being active on the forums. It's just that I didn't have a reason to use them beforehand.

I hope this at least somewhat changes your mind.
Last edited by Not_An_American on 10 Sep 2017, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Sleepy Retard
Byond: ElDefaultio
Steam: Fat Rigatoni

Post by Sleepy Retard » 10 Sep 2017, 08:53

The two parts Emerald Blood has harped on about aren't actually that important - because many staff had made their forum account before considering a staff application, thus having incorrect names. Funnily enough, these names got changed to the correct ckey. Even funnier, my name doesn't actually match my ckey - the difference is about as minor as OP's incorrect thread name (which I also had fucked up when I made an application) and really, at the end of the day, I don't think it's much of an issue.

Now, onto each question (from my perspective as a mod):
► Show Spoiler
One scenario:

MP McTazer and Commander McTabea are in the brig, they are having a huge argument over some personal matters - and in the end, this is what happens:

Commander McTabea (x) has punched MP McTazer (y)

More discussion happens, roleplaying and the like, which results in the MP responding in kind - escalating a fist fight:

MP McTazer (y) has punched Commander McTabea (x)
MP McTazer (y) has disarmed Commander McTabea (x)
ETC.

After a while, CMP McDonut arrests both of them for assault. No one ahelps it and a few fun remarks are made in looc, but consider this: The Commander is a HRP position, and the MPs shouldn't be breaking military law OOCly.

What do you do? Do you punish anyone? If you don't punish anyone, explain why.

I'm neutral for now. Convince me to give a +1.
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

Not_An_American

Post by Not_An_American » 10 Sep 2017, 09:10

Tharinoma wrote:
09 Sep 2017, 23:29
Hello Not an american,

Where are you from?

I have a few questions/comments about your answers to the situations given in your application :
Edit : removed/changed some, Emerald Blood ninja posted before me.

2. Can you think of anyy situation where the breach is legit and you should leave it to be resolved IC?
3. Would you involve mentors?
7. What punishment?
14. What if the perma is denied? Are you ok with the guy only getting a 24h ban fo this?
15. That happens? Not really, anyone playing properly stays safe and hidden for the one minute it takes you to be able to evolve, they don't run towards the gunfire and angry hosts. Why don't you PM the player to find out why he did so?
18. No note? No jobban? No nothing?

Answers are generally good. You seem to have a good grasp of basic note/warn/ban procedures.

How would you rate your profesionnalism? Why? How serious is the job of a mod in your opinion?
Your forum name doesn't match your ckey, your app's title doesn't follow the template, your app's formating is low-effort. Is this going to be a problem?

How would you answer the following ahelp?
Ahelp : cmo's name (cmo's key) : Hello, an MP named "MP's name" is arresting me for drug distribution, but I didn't distribute anything. he says the CL told him I did but it wasn't me it was the stupid researcher.

+1, you should be good after a trial.
Thanks for reading.
I'm from England, it's an alright place. Needs a lot of work, though, it's in a bad spot at the moment.

Onto the questions!

2) If it's caused by the shuttle, or maybe the engine goes mental and explodes.

3) If I can explain it all myself, I wouldn't need them to help. But I would tell the new player to ask a mentor for any help in the future.

7) I'm tempted to say a medic jobban, but I'm not sure on that. Maybe a roundban+note, coupled with the warning to not do that again, lest their ban be harsher.

14) I wouldn't be the most okay person in the world with it, but if it is denied, it'll just be something I'd have to deal with.

15) It has happened to me before when I wasn't paying attention. I mean, I will definitely keep watch on that player and begin the investigation if it happens again. Although, thinking about it, if they're just making a beeline straight to the marines, then I'll definitely just start investigating immediately.

18) I think I may have missed that question when going back and adding stuff about notes... I would definitely apply a note for the minor-meta incursion, but a jobban wouldn't be needed, that's for certain.

My professionalism, well, normally you won't see me being all that serious, but when performing staff things or just generally being a professional/serious environment, I will of course, act properly. And yes, I believe the job of a moderator (and above) are quite serious jobs, especially on this server, since one little rule-breaker could make a round turn sour for a lot of people.

And yeah, the forum name bit is just that I hadn't been planning on becoming a staff member when I made the account back in February, if I did, then of course I would've. I was told you guys could change that for me, either way. As said in previous posts, the app title doesn't really seem all that important, and if anything it's just missing a hyphen. And I'm not sure what you mean about the formatting? It seems alright to me, you have the question and then the answer underneath that.

And about your hypothetical situation, I would inform the CMO that this is, of course, an IC issue and that he should be able to get that sorted out himself in-game and in-character.

Thanks for the +1, too. It's nice to see that~!
Image Image

Not_An_American

Post by Not_An_American » 10 Sep 2017, 09:31

El Defaultio wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 08:53
The two parts Emerald Blood has harped on about aren't actually that important - because many staff had made their forum account before considering a staff application, thus having incorrect names. Funnily enough, these names got changed to the correct ckey. Even funnier, my name doesn't actually match my ckey - the difference is about as minor as OP's incorrect thread name (which I also had fucked up when I made an application) and really, at the end of the day, I don't think it's much of an issue.

Now, onto each question (from my perspective as a mod):
► Show Spoiler
One scenario:

MP McTazer and Commander McTabea are in the brig, they are having a huge argument over some personal matters - and in the end, this is what happens:

More discussion happens, roleplaying and the like, which results in the MP responding in kind - escalating a fist fight:

MP McTazer (y) has disarmed Commander McTabea (x)
ETC.

After a while, CMP McDonut arrests both of them for assault. No one ahelps it and a few fun remarks are made in looc, but consider this: The Commander is a HRP position, and the MPs shouldn't be breaking military law OOCly.

What do you do? Do you punish anyone? If you don't punish anyone, explain why.

I'm neutral for now. Convince me to give a +1.
1) Yeah, I get that. I just thought that if it is a regular player who people know to be good, then I can trust them more than some random guy who just joined and immediately guns people down.

2) Naturally-caused breaches, that being via the shuttle or even pred bombs if the round gets that spicy.

3) Shouldn't need to unless there's something I don't know. Definitely refer them to the mentors for any further help, though.

4) Then I inform them that I can do this by myself, and if they continue to refuse, then tell them that if they really don't want my help, then they won't get their situation fixed.

5) Must've missed that one.

6) yay

7) Yuppers.

8) Weird that mods can't use ARES, since Queen Mother does the same things. Oh well.

9) yay

10) yay

11) I'd freeze both since I don't know if the victim will try and get revenge or something along those lines by attacking the attacker. And if it was actually escalated in the way you've described there, then it'd just be an IC issue. Although, I would definitely investigate about what actually started this, and if it was actually for no reason, then I'll have to warn, note, and/or potentially ban a fool if this has happened before.

12) Slack, in-game mod chat, or Discord.

13) Well, that's when you apply the warning and the noting. Continuing to do it, though, may result in further escalation.

14) Yeah, fair enough. I just don't like keeping griefers around. I've had plenty of fucked over experiences because of them...

15) Fully depends on how it happened. If they turn a corner and there's the entire goddamn marine force there, then fair enough, I'll let that slide. Multiple times, I start the investigating. If it's pretty obvious they just made a beeline towards the marines, then I'm going to instantly start bwoinking them.

16) ICly? I'm not sure. Perhaps using Queen Mother to order them to start speaking properly, or risk having their minds psychically removed.

17) yay

18) Of course, I'll note that. And for if it has happened before, they'll get a final warning from me, since it's a fairly minor-meta incursion, since the non-hostile wildlife can be considered aliens, and if it does continue, a jobban may have to be applied here.

19) I'd definitely escalate the situation in the ahelp, that's for certain. Randomly gunning someone down without any RP for the pod without it having anyone else even in it is definitely very questionable, to say the least.

20) Good to know.
20a) Good to know.

21) PERMABAN MY MOTHER IS AN INNOCENT SOUL

Now about your scenario, it seems perfectly fine to me. They've had a heated emotional argument, and it then became a fistfight. This is a fair enough amount of RP for a CO, honestly, and if it wasn't, Carson would be off the whitelist in a heartbeat. And while yes, MP's aren't supposed to break Marine Law OOCly, they're still a charcter ICly with emotions and thoughts, and I'd expect a lot of people to get pissed off and maybe do something to the other side in an intense emotional argument. Seems like a complete IC issue to me.

Hope this convinces you to give some kind of rating!
Image Image

Adralimas
Byond: Adralimas

Post by Adralimas » 11 Sep 2017, 20:27

Application looks good to me alongside the answers to sleepy's questions AND they also approve of sleepy being the best mod so i'm up for +1ing this.
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell Broadcasts: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... -funny.jpg

Sleepy Retard

Post by Sleepy Retard » 11 Sep 2017, 20:37

I'm neutral for now, leaning towards +1. I like their attitude, at the very least.
Image I was a Synth Councilmen, alongside Jakkk, MattAtlas, SovietKitty and Omicega.

Have any questions or concerns about Synthetic? PM me on the forums, or contact me on the CM discord under the name sleepy#1984 with the nickname Sleepy Retard.

ZDashe

Post by ZDashe » 12 Sep 2017, 01:18

We may not have interacted much ICly before due to the different IC names you had and our timezones, but judging from your app and what others have said, there's nothing we can't work out during trials. Pretty active in recent months too. I'm going for +1.

Sleepy Retard

Post by Sleepy Retard » 12 Sep 2017, 13:34

After some discussion with others and rereading your answers, I can safely give you a +1

(Still the best mod)

Not_An_American

Post by Not_An_American » 12 Sep 2017, 13:41

Thank you for all the support, it's nice to see it!
Image Image

Emeraldblood

Post by Emeraldblood » 16 Sep 2017, 15:14

Sorry for the late reply, Hurricane Irma came through me and had to deal with the fallout. Anyways, I'll move onto your answers you gave me.
► Show Spoiler
Overall, I'm still iffy about you personally but I'll move to a hesitant neutral. I think you have a lot of room to improve but I feel you could probably work in the end.

slc97
Vice Host
Vice Host

Post by slc97 » 17 Sep 2017, 10:02

This is accepted. I apologize for the delay, I've been without power due to the hurricane for the last week.