Aceluke123 – Moderator Application

Aceluke123
Byond: Aceluke123

Aceluke123 – Moderator Application

Post by Aceluke123 » 05 Mar 2018, 13:05

Byond ID: Aceluke123

Colonial Marines Character: Alex Rossfield

Timezone: CST, Central Standard Time, UTC-6

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
I play typically a few rounds every day. So about 40 to 50 hours a week possibly more, that I can play or moderate.

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
I don’t have any experience being a staff outside of working alongside staff and people when it came to be in several communities throughout my time gaming. Though nothing has given me direct experience on being staff. I’m in my ability to learn.

Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers?
None so far. Though I did join 2 rounds around 1-2 years ago if that counts when it was the Sulaco.

What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM?
I have only played on Paradise Station throughout my time on Space Station 13.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
None yet.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
I am not staff on any other communities currently.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
I have not been banned on Colonial Marines.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?

Both were from Paradise station, when and reasons for the bans are given below.
2016-11-21 20:47:31 -- keroman -- Banned for 4320 minutes - Did 120 burn damage to someone who only took his ID off of him, didn't attack or anything else. You know better than this, come back in three days.
2017-03-30 02:06:04 -- jayfeather -- Banned for 6600 minutes - Metagaming as a changeling ghost. Looked for a particular corpse before last resorting to it. Ghost of Alex Rockwall (follow|body) salts, "I SHALL ROB YOU ARTHUR" even announced his intentions.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)?
No, I have not used it before though I can learn it if it isn’t to difficult of a program to learn alone or I have someone able to teach me.
► Show Spoiler
Any additional information you'd like to add?

I do know I have rather little staff experience but I am willing to learn and do hope to get the chance to join the team.

I personally wish to have CM become a safe and helpful place for all players and enforcing the rules to try to keep Colonial Marines player friendly is a major reason why I am applying for Moderator.
I'm not crazy, you're crazy.
-Alex Rossfield

Nicknamed 'Clover,' 'Lover,' and... well I'd rather not say.
If I notice you, good job. It means you're probably worth my time.

Dossier - viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16782
► Show Spoiler

Jerkface00

Re: Aceluke123 – Moderator Application

Post by Jerkface00 » 05 Mar 2018, 13:43

► Show Spoiler
Overall not bad answers. I look forward to seeing your responses and what other criticisms people think of.

I'll check back in a few days.
~Jerkface

NethIafins
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin

Post by NethIafins » 05 Mar 2018, 14:57

Hey Ace, long time no see

Regarding your answers (note that I did not look at anyone's else comments on them yet, so you may see dupes):
► Show Spoiler
In all honesty answers are really small potatoes... No info about ban escalation (which we have available publicly)
I do feel that most of your issues are fixable in trial, and I remember you being quite good human being on Paradise.

My decision is +0 at the moment. Maybe others can sway me, maybe your answers to my questions... We will see
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

Tharinoma

Post by Tharinoma » 05 Mar 2018, 15:34

Aren't you pretty now to CM? I think I remember you asking some rather common knowledge questions. Having a perfect mastery of game mechanics is by no means required, there's plenty of stuff I don't know myself, but it's important for mods to have a good general knowledge of the game.

Your answers are fine, you look like the textbook good player that can become a great mod but doesn't know anything about it yet.
Last edited by Tharinoma on 05 Mar 2018, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Player PM from player/(Larva (247)) (?): It's totally realistic to challenge someone to do boxing for a mouse trap, in the middle of a alien occupation.
AHELP: Player/(Player) : HELP HELP HELP I SAWED SOMEOEN HEAD OFF! I DIDNT MEAN TOO

Aceluke123

Post by Aceluke123 » 05 Mar 2018, 17:30

To @jerkface00.
Below I answered all your questions to my updated knowledge on Moderator powers/abilities. Though I can say for certain that I don't know everything a Moderator is allowed to do yet as I don't have enough information and there are various scenarios that could play out in the game. Thanks for reviewing my App and giving me more questions to answer. I look forward to more people's questions and criticisms.
► Show Spoiler

To @nethIafins.
I responded to the questions you put down that weren't a "yes." Hopefully that helps give a clearer picture of my answers.
My time on paradise was rather fun. I enjoyed it though I have come to like CM's RP standard as of late so I've been playing it for quite some time since the new year.
► Show Spoiler
To @Tharinoma.
I have been playing on CM for about 3 months. Which I know isn't a very long time though I know quite a lot about the game and mostly on the discord I like to ask simple questions for clarification since I know its on the wiki if I do require it, but when in the discord I like to make other people feel useful and give answers even if I could get it myself with just a few clicks.
If you feel its a bit bad for a mod to ask simple questions I can stop with that sort of attitude since the wiki is very clear and I already know many of the questions I ask, just some slight confusion on words/names when it deals with the game.

Also I completely agree, I don't have much experience in being a mod so it may take some time to get used to how it works and what is expected of me as a Moderator.
Last edited by Aceluke123 on 05 Mar 2018, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
-Alex Rossfield

► Show Spoiler

NethIafins
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin

Post by NethIafins » 05 Mar 2018, 17:44

Answers are good, you shown that you can learn. +1
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

Sir Lordington
Byond: Sirlordington

Post by Sir Lordington » 05 Mar 2018, 18:27

Your character name doesn't ring any bell but your ckey is familiar and I'm not certain why. Whatever the case, here is a quick overview.
► Show Spoiler
Everything else that's major has already been addressed by fellow staff members above. I'm on the fence here, you have potential I do believe but your answers lack detail and knowledge for me.
I used to play Luke Compton. Now I play Reginald Dempsey.

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 05 Mar 2018, 20:16

Actually, I've talked to Alex on the Discord as well as RPed with him on the Server. While I'm not gonna give an official standing (as I don't have the time to review the whole app), I will say he seems like a cool guy and I don't have any negative experiences with him, quite the opposite really.
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.

Aceluke123

Post by Aceluke123 » 05 Mar 2018, 23:05

@Sir_Lordington
I do hope these replies are sufficient for you. Also thanks for the additional information on typical mod activities as well as reinforcing what another mod suggested. (#8 where you agreed with Neth)
► Show Spoiler
Please inform me of any other questions I should go into detail on or clarify if need be.

@Emeraldblood

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though I do hope you find the time to review my application eventually.
-Alex Rossfield

► Show Spoiler

slc97
Vice Host
Vice Host

Post by slc97 » 06 Mar 2018, 09:26

Ace is one of my recruits from ingame. Honestly, he reminds me a lot of me when I first started. Kinda knows dick about procedure, but is ready enough to learn that he can be easily trained. I'll go ahead and give him +1. I like his responses to other staff in this thread.

Heckenshutze
Byond: Heckenshutze
Steam: fancypants2455

Post by Heckenshutze » 06 Mar 2018, 10:51

Nothing else must be said, good luck +1
Marine: Ruben Dario
Yautja: Makauu’rel
Synthetic: Saturn / Shepherd (old model)

Anoonki
Byond: Anoonki

Post by Anoonki » 06 Mar 2018, 12:27

slc97 wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 09:26
Honestly, he reminds me a lot of me when I first started. Kinda knows dick about procedure, but is ready enough to learn that he can be easily trained. I'll go ahead and give him +1. I like his responses to other staff in this thread.
Basically this. +1
(((Designated))) Tank Ramster, Tara Greene.

CaptainYankee
Byond: CaptainYankee

Post by CaptainYankee » 06 Mar 2018, 13:41

Solid, well thought out responses to these questions. It's clear you have put time into them. +1
Reinhard Shriver

Solarmare
Byond: Solarmare

Post by Solarmare » 06 Mar 2018, 20:14

Answers are decent and everyone seems to be agreed, so I'll add my +1 to this mod application. I haven't seen anything that would make me think you would cause issues in that position, and anything else can be learned.
Can you heeeeaaaaar am I floating in my tin can. A last glimpse of the world.
Planet Earth is blue, and there's nothing left to do.

Forum Rule #2: Do NOT post in an appeal if you are not contributing as a witness, if you are keep it simple and easy to read.

Cry of Wolves
Byond: Cry of Wolves
Steam: Cry of Wolves

Post by Cry of Wolves » 07 Mar 2018, 03:57

After talking with you and clarifying all the questions you had about being mod, I feel comfortable giving you a +1. You had a lot questions about things you were uncertain of and I'm glad to help you understand. I can see you easily handle being a mod once you get over the controls.

Adralimas
Byond: Adralimas

Post by Adralimas » 07 Mar 2018, 16:13

Yeah sure i'm down for giving them a shot!, Can always use more trial moderators for the grinderm- I mean "Process of training". +1
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell Broadcasts: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... -funny.jpg

Jerkface00

Post by Jerkface00 » 08 Mar 2018, 23:28

Approved for trial; expect a message soon.
Welcome aboard.

~Jerkface