Finefire984 - Moderator Application

Post by Finefire984 » 08 Jul 2018, 22:39

Byond ID:
Finefire984

Colonial Marines Character:
Michael Carrio

Timezone:
Central Daylight Time

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
20-25

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
Yes, I was a staff member on this server.

Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers?
Yes, I started playing about 2 or 3 servers ago.

What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM?
I only play on CM.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=14035&p=151380#p151380 - Accepted mod application.
viewtopic.php?t=13329 - Denied mod application.
I've also made a few failed pred applications.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
Nope

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
Yes, I don't remember what it was for though.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
Yes, not sure where or what for though.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)?
I'm more than familiar with it. XD

Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each of the following situations. Do not write on the same line as the situation - use the space below it or make space as needed. Failure to do this proves your inability to follow instructions and your application will be automatically denied.

1. A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
I would ahelp the offender and see why he shot. I would also talk to the victim and the MP to know all sides of the story. If the player is new, then I would give him a warning and direct a mentor his way. If it was a misclick then I would give them a warning also. I would then tell the MP to release him and would also get an admin to heal the victim. (I don't remember mods having that ability.) I would then leave it to the players to continue RP or give them an idea if they want it.
However, if it was a situation that was caused with roleplay and all sides agree with it, then I will give them a warning and would leave it at that.
Now, if the offender purposely did this with no RP then I would access the severity. If it's not that severe and it's the first time, then I would give them a warning. If this is a big issue or it's not the first time they did this, then I would ban then according to what the last punishment was. If this is a common occurrence, then I would think about making a permaban request. I would then continue as stated in the first solution. Add notes.

2. The ship has a breach to space and a bunch of players have died or are dying as a result.
Straight away, I would fix the breach and heal anyone that was affected by the breach. I would then look into why it happened. If a player purposely caused it, then I would see why they caused it. If it was an accident, then I would give them a warning. However, if they did it on purpose then I would give them a 3hr ban and move up according to how many times they did it. Add notes.
If it was caused by the DS or a pred explosion, then I would leave it be. That's if they still cause breaches, which I haven't seen.

3. You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost.
I'd tell a mentor to help him. If there are no mentors, then I'll help them and request one on slack.

4. A player is being very rude to you in Adminhelps and requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
I would hand them up to a higher staff member. If they are busy I will let the player know, and will give them to the higher up when they're free. I will also let the staff member know that the player is being rude and will catch him up on what has been discussed so far.

5. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, no one has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.
I would tell them that no one has probably noticed that it doesn't fit the rules. I would then try to reason with them and tell them to change it after the round. If it's bad enough, then I will get an admin to change their name. However, if they keep arguing and it gets out of hand then I will either give it to a higher up to try to reason with them or just give them a three hour ban. If they don't argue further, then I'll just give them a warning. Add notes.

6. You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would a help him to see if he's new. If he is, them I will give him a warning and send a mentor his way. If he's not new, then I will explain the rules and give him a warning if it's the first time he did it and if he listens without arguing. If it's not the first time he did it, or he argues about it, then I will give him a 3hr ban and move up according to how many times he's been punished for it.

7. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.
I'd ahelp him and explain that medics can't do surgery. If he starts to argue or doesn't stop, then I will give him a three hour ban. If it's not the first time he did it, then I will ban him accordingly. If it's the first time he did it and doesn't argue, then I will let him off with a warning. I would then help him get out of the situation. Add notes.

8. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would sm the commander saying something like "You feel like a final push will end the mission in victory." If that doesn't work, then I will sm the Queen saying, "You feel like the hosts are weak and defenseless." If neither work, then I will ask someone else to try to solve the problem.

9. The round ends, a MARINE starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member Adminhelps complaining he was killed after the round ended.
I will inform the player that it's not against the rules to continue RP after the round ends. The EORG rule only applies to a marine killing another marine out of nowhere after the round. Now, if the person keeps complaining then I will give it to a higher up or give the CLF member a 3hr ban. add notes if needed.

10. A marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start.
I would handle this like I would handle the first situation. I would just sleep the player if it gets out of hand.

11. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him.
I would inform the person that that is against RP and that he wouldn't kill someone in real life for punching them. I would give them a warning if it's the first time and move up according to how many times he was punished for it. I would then heal the victim and anyone hit in the crossfire. add notes.

12. An issue arises that requires Admin+ abilities.
I'd tell an admin. If they are busy, or if there aren't any on, then I will request for more on slack.

13. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
I would ask the players to stop using the racial comments. Hopefully, they will listen and stop. If they start arguing, then I will start banning based on the severity and how many times they did it.

14. A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
Heal the marines and get everyone to continue RP as if nothing happened. I would then give the player a 7-day ban and make a permaban request. If they instantly logged off, then they did it on purpose and don't deserve to play on the server.

15. You see a player playing a xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines and die.
I will ahelp the player and let them know that they can't do that as a larva and give them a warning. If they continue to do this or has done this multiple times, then I will give them a 3hr - 24hr ban depending on how many times they've done it.

16. You see a xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat.
I will ask the xeno to stop and give them a warning. If they don't stop or have done this multiple times, then I will give them a 3hr ban. No need to go higher than that unless they have been banned a lot times for it.

17. A xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different xeno player complains to you that it's metagaming/failRP to call it a "dropship".
I will inform the different xeno that it's not metagaming for a Xeno to use "dropship." Either the player is new to Xenos, or they don't know any of the alien terms instead of "dropship." I will then tell the first Xeno that people are upset that they are using the term"drop ship" and instead ask them to use something like "metal bird."

18. A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet.
I will first check the severity of it. If they are just joking around in an RP fashion, then I'll let it go. If they are doing it in a way which is metagaming, then I will escalate it further.
I will first let the player know that Marines don't know about aliens at round start and give them a warning. However, if they argue or if it's not the first time they did it, then I will give them a 3hr ban. Not really a need to go further.

19. A Marine kills another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself.
I will check the logs to see if it was RP'd properly. If it was, then I will let it go. If it wasn't, then I will continue like in situation 11.

20. You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforcing a rule.
I would inform the staff member that they are in the wrong and leave it at that.

20a. You see a fellow staff member abusing his powers in-game.
I will use slack to tell the manager and have the manager handle it from there.

21. You see a player talking in OOC chat about what he did with your mom last night.

If it's nothing harmless and just a little bit of joking around between everyone, then I would let it go and probably joke around with them. However, if it gets out of hand, then I will probably tell the player to stop and give them a warning. If they don't stop, then I will move it up to a 3hr ban. I most likely won't go that route though, I don't get offended very easily.

Any additional information you'd like to add?
Any situation that required a warning will be noted. Bans are noted automatically. Also, when I say arguing, then I mean the player is being rude and telling me I'm bad at my job, etc. I'm not talking about them arguing about them thinking it's okay in the rules or just trying to simply defend themselves. Also, I know my answers were really vague, it's just easier for me to handle situations when the time comes rather than explaining in an application. Every situation is different and I can't explain what I would do with every possibility.
Now, lets talk about my activity and why I left. The past year, my family got a foreign exchange student. I was there to help him with anything he needed while he was here and to just help hi have a fun time in the United States. He went back to Pakistan a few weeks ago and I can return to ss13. Now, since I have a job now I can't staff as much as I used to but I can still staff for the 20 - 25 hrs as stated before. If you don't believe me, then I understand and will work on my activity. However, that's why my activity stopped in the past year.

Mentor -December 18, 2016
Moderator: July 20, 2017

TexasTwoStep
Byond: TexasTwoStep

Re: Finefire984 - Moderator Application

Post by TexasTwoStep » 08 Jul 2018, 23:44

#WARNING: SNYPEHUNTER.EXE HAS BEEN DETECTED IN THIS FORUM POST - PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL SYS-A-BZz-t--0101x01
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finefire984 wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 22:39
Byond ID:
Finefire984
Nice name. I remember it.
Colonial Marines Character:
Michael Carrio
Where have they been lately?
Junior Going into Senior Year or Soft-more going into Junior Year?
Hell-yeah buddy.
Timezone:
Central Daylight Time
CDT? More like CST!
On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
20-25
OOF - Why, Why only 20-25? What are you involved in outside of 2D-Spessman?
Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
Yes, I was a staff member on this server.
Is that really - experience though?
Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers?
Yes, I started playing about 2 or 3 servers ago.
What was the name of the first one you joined? (trick question.)
What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM?
I only play on CM.
Sounds like a plan to me! Don't cheat on us!
Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=14035&p=151380#p151380 - Accepted mod application.
viewtopic.php?t=13329 - Denied mod application.
I've also made a few failed pred applications.
Why did your Predator Applications fail?
Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
Nope
Great!
Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
Yes, I don't remember what it was for though.
One-moment, As an Alien, disobeyed the Queen's same orders twice by leaving the hive to attack when Queen tells you not to. Died to Marines then logged. Day Ban. by UnknownMurder
Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
Yes, not sure where or what for though.
Nothing I could see.
Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)?
I'm more than familiar with it. XD
Good.
Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each of the following situations. Do not write on the same line as the situation - use the space below it or make space as needed. Failure to do this proves your inability to follow instructions and your application will be automatically denied.

1. A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
I would ahelp the offender and see why he shot. I would also talk to the victim and the MP to know all sides of the story. If the player is new, then I would give him a warning and direct a mentor his way. If it was a misclick then I would give them a warning also. I would then tell the MP to release him and would also get an admin to heal the victim. (I don't remember mods having that ability.) I would then leave it to the players to continue RP or give them an idea if they want it.
However, if it was a situation that was caused with roleplay and all sides agree with it, then I will give them a warning and would leave it at that.
Now, if the offender purposely did this with no RP then I would access the severity. If it's not that severe and it's the first time, then I would give them a warning. If this is a big issue or it's not the first time they did this, then I would ban then according to what the last punishment was. If this is a common occurrence, then I would think about making a permaban request. I would then continue as stated in the first solution. Add notes.
Why would you tell the MP to let them go? We know miss-clicks can happen but we also want less admin-intervention.
2. The ship has a breach to space and a bunch of players have died or are dying as a result.
Straight away, I would fix the breach and heal anyone that was affected by the breach. I would then look into why it happened. If a player purposely caused it, then I would see why they caused it. If it was an accident, then I would give them a warning. However, if they did it on purpose then I would give them a 3hr ban and move up according to how many times they did it. Add notes.
If it was caused by the DS or a pred explosion, then I would leave it be. That's if they still cause breaches, which I haven't seen.
Can't breach into space really anymore.
3. You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost.
I'd tell a mentor to help him. If there are no mentors, then I'll help them and request one on slack.
I'm going to pertake and say you would help them and ask for a mentor on slack so you can hand off later instead of just waiting for a Mentor. Good job.
4. A player is being very rude to you in Adminhelps and requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
I would hand them up to a higher staff member. If they are busy I will let the player know, and will give them to the higher up when they're free. I will also let the staff member know that the player is being rude and will catch him up on what has been discussed so far.
You wouldn't direct them to the forums and finish your investigation / punishment? For example if, a marine shot his weapon off 2 minutes after round start and hit someone and whilst you were bwoinking them - they told you to fuck off and they wanted to speak to someone else - what would you do?

5. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, no one has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.
I would tell them that no one has probably noticed that it doesn't fit the rules. I would then try to reason with them and tell them to change it after the round. If it's bad enough, then I will get an admin to change their name. However, if they keep arguing and it gets out of hand then I will either give it to a higher up to try to reason with them or just give them a three hour ban. If they don't argue further, then I'll just give them a warning. Add notes.
I like that you would bring it up with a higher-up, just don't rely on that. You're going to have to make gut-decisions and stick with them.
6. You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would a help him to see if he's new. If he is, them I will give him a warning and send a mentor his way. If he's not new, then I will explain the rules and give him a warning if it's the first time he did it and if he listens without arguing. If it's not the first time he did it, or he argues about it, then I will give him a 3hr ban and move up according to how many times he's been punished for it.
Are you considering a Job-Ban?
7. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.
I'd ahelp him and explain that medics can't do surgery. If he starts to argue or doesn't stop, then I will give him a three hour ban. If it's not the first time he did it, then I will ban him accordingly. If it's the first time he did it and doesn't argue, then I will let him off with a warning. I would then help him get out of the situation. Add notes.
Job-Ban?
8. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would sm the commander saying something like "You feel like a final push will end the mission in victory." If that doesn't work, then I will sm the Queen saying, "You feel like the hosts are weak and defenseless." If neither work, then I will ask someone else to try to solve the problem.
What if nobody else is on, what can you do?
9. The round ends, a MARINE starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member Adminhelps complaining he was killed after the round ended.
I will inform the player that it's not against the rules to continue RP after the round ends. The EORG rule only applies to a marine killing another marine out of nowhere after the round. Now, if the person keeps complaining then I will give it to a higher up or give the CLF member a 3hr ban. add notes if needed.
EORG applies to any combat-logs after the round for Marines, hostiles are obviously not included.
10. A marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start.
I would handle this like I would handle the first situation. I would just sleep the player if it gets out of hand.
Okay, that's a way.
11. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him.
I would inform the person that that is against RP and that he wouldn't kill someone in real life for punching them. I would give them a warning if it's the first time and move up according to how many times he was punished for it. I would then heal the victim and anyone hit in the crossfire. add notes.
Improper Escalation.
12. An issue arises that requires Admin+ abilities.
I'd tell an admin. If they are busy, or if there aren't any on, then I will request for more on slack.
Okay, good - also not everything requires Admin+ even though it appears that way. *wink
13. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
I would ask the players to stop using the racial comments. Hopefully, they will listen and stop. If they start arguing, then I will start banning based on the severity and how many times they did it.
Maybe of course the blanket-statement might be enough. Racist comments aren't tolerated with the intent to harass - might offer coaching the other player about the 'internet'.
14. A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
Heal the marines and get everyone to continue RP as if nothing happened. I would then give the player a 7-day ban and make a permaban request. If they instantly logged off, then they did it on purpose and don't deserve to play on the server.
That's a way. I'd agree - obviously i'm assuming you check notes as well, etc.
15. You see a player playing a xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines and die.
I will ahelp the player and let them know that they can't do that as a larva and give them a warning. If they continue to do this or has done this multiple times, then I will give them a 3hr - 24hr ban depending on how many times they've done it.
Would you ask why they're on the frontlines? Job-ban?
16. You see a xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat.
I will ask the xeno to stop and give them a warning. If they don't stop or have done this multiple times, then I will give them a 3hr ban. No need to go higher than that unless they have been banned a lot times for it.
Job-ban based on severity at all and how many times?
17. A xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different xeno player complains to you that it's metagaming/failRP to call it a "dropship".
I will inform the different xeno that it's not metagaming for a Xeno to use "dropship." Either the player is new to Xenos, or they don't know any of the alien terms instead of "dropship." I will then tell the first Xeno that people are upset that they are using the term"drop ship" and instead ask them to use something like "metal bird."
You can do that, but honestly I wouldn't bwoink the player who called it a dropship.
18. A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet.
I will first check the severity of it. If they are just joking around in an RP fashion, then I'll let it go. If they are doing it in a way which is metagaming, then I will escalate it further.
I will first let the player know that Marines don't know about aliens at round start and give them a warning. However, if they argue or if it's not the first time they did it, then I will give them a 3hr ban. Not really a need to go further.
Mhm, okay - typically even joking about aliens can lead other people to get hysterical about it.
19. A Marine kills another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself.
I will check the logs to see if it was RP'd properly. If it was, then I will let it go. If it wasn't, then I will continue like in situation 11.
proper Escalation would have to be observed as that still needs to be followed.
20. You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforcing a rule.
I would inform the staff member that they are in the wrong and leave it at that.
And if they tell you you're wrong even though you're right?
20a. You see a fellow staff member abusing his powers in-game.
I will use slack to tell the manager and have the manager handle it from there.
You won't ask them why they did something considered 'abusive'? Talk to their senior instead of going straight to Manager?

21. You see a player talking in OOC chat about what he did with your mom last night.

If it's nothing harmless and just a little bit of joking around between everyone, then I would let it go and probably joke around with them. However, if it gets out of hand, then I will probably tell the player to stop and give them a warning. If they don't stop, then I will move it up to a 3hr ban. I most likely won't go that route though, I don't get offended very easily.
Good.
Any additional information you'd like to add?
Any situation that required a warning will be noted. Bans are noted automatically. Also, when I say arguing, then I mean the player is being rude and telling me I'm bad at my job, etc. I'm not talking about them arguing about them thinking it's okay in the rules or just trying to simply defend themselves. Also, I know my answers were really vague, it's just easier for me to handle situations when the time comes rather than explaining in an application. Every situation is different and I can't explain what I would do with every possibility.
Now, lets talk about my activity and why I left. The past year, my family got a foreign exchange student. I was there to help him with anything he needed while he was here and to just help hi have a fun time in the United States. He went back to Pakistan a few weeks ago and I can return to ss13. Now, since I have a job now I can't staff as much as I used to but I can still staff for the 20 - 25 hrs as stated before. If you don't believe me, then I understand and will work on my activity. However, that's why my activity stopped in the past year.
I see your reasons for activity now.
Overall, great Application - minor details here and there, activity might be an issue - but i'm trying to get Admin so let's get more Moderators in here. +1

Finefire984
Byond: Finefire984

Post by Finefire984 » 09 Jul 2018, 02:17

TexasTwoStep wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 23:44
#WARNING: SNYPEHUNTER.EXE HAS BEEN DETECTED IN THIS FORUM POST - PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL SYS-A-BZz-t--0101x01
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, great Application - minor details here and there, activity might be an issue - but i'm trying to get Admin so let's get more Moderators in here. +1
1. It is a nice name, isn't it?
2. Michael Carrio has been on a different ship dealing with different battles. The space marines finally sent him to the alymayer to help with their problems again.
3. Soft-more going to junior sadly... most people in my grade is older than me... :(
4. Oh man!!! If you catch my drift XD
5. Nah, I like CDT better tbh...
6. I will never cheat on CM, come on now.
7. I'm not sure. I guess we'll find out later.
8. Damn, you got me there...
9. I SAID I WON'T WHY DON'T YOU TRUST ME!!! :'(
10. They sucked. Even I know that.
11. Amazing!
12. Oh yeah... that's why...
13. Really? hmm... I thought i was.
14. You know it's good.

Okay let's get serious-
1. I guess it really depends on how it was RP'd before I got to them. Saying that is was poorly RP'd, then I will tell the mp to release them to help solve the problem.
2. Didn't think so.
3. Yep, then the mentors can suffer :D
4. I would sleep thm and heal everyone he shot. If a higher up is on when it happens, then I will ask them to take it. As a staff member, you can see all of the ahelps anyway so they would probably pick it up just after reading the messages. If they're off, then I will ask for someone on slack and try to solve the problem on slack. However, if they still don't want to talk and keeps on being a dick then I will give them a 24hr ban. I will then add the fact that they were a dick on the ban reason.
5. It will be easier to make a desicion depending on the exact situation. Every situation is different.
6. Oh yeah... I forgot about job bans...
7. forgot... I'm going to skip everything else asking about job bans.
8. Honestly... I'm not sure. I could probably pull something out of my ass when the time comes.
9. Yep.
10. Yep.
11. That was the word. Thanks.
12. That wink was akward, but I'll accept it.
13. Eh, racist comments are a very controversal topic, even if it is the internet.
14. I'm checking notes on almost every situation. It's a good way to build a background on the person and deciding a punishment.
15. By frontlines, I'm assuming that the marines aren't in the hive. If they are, then I won't mess with it. If the larva goes out of the way to get to the front, then I don't see a reason to ask why they're there.
16. Probably 4-5 times min.
17. I would boink them just so I don't get more people complaining about it.
18. Marines will get histerical about anything. Expecially if it means they can shoot things.
19. That goes with the proper roleplay.
20. Normally staff member have a calm discussion if someone is wrong. Something will eventually be strong enough to prove i'm right. I'm always right. Right?
20a. I honisly don't know how the new ranks work. When I was staff, there was one manager and apop was still host...
21. As good as your mom... I'm sorry...
More Info. Yep.

Adralimas
Byond: Adralimas

Post by Adralimas » 09 Jul 2018, 03:37

Finefire's reapplying eh?, Never seen any problems with them beforehand and the application is great so i'm more than willing to have them back on the team!
+1 from me!
Joe 'Broccoli' Campbell Broadcasts: SOMEONE STOLE THE MEGAPHONE AGAIN!
Image https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... -funny.jpg

Imperator_Titan
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 09 Jul 2018, 04:50

Just a couple of questions.

1. You notice a xenomorph killing people and then dragging their corpses under flipped tables, preventing them from being seen. How do you react?

2. A marine takes an ID off the dead XO to call for evacuation during the Almayer boarding. How do you react?

3. A survivor rushes the hive at roundstart on prison station. Once there, he disassembles the primary pipe that xenos were using to travel before running away. How would you react?

Finefire984

Post by Finefire984 » 09 Jul 2018, 12:30

Imperator_Titan wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 04:50
Just a couple of questions.

1. You notice a xenomorph killing people and then dragging their corpses under flipped tables, preventing them from being seen. How do you react?

2. A marine takes an ID off the dead XO to call for evacuation during the Almayer boarding. How do you react?

3. A survivor rushes the hive at roundstart on prison station. Once there, he disassembles the primary pipe that xenos were using to travel before running away. How would you react?
1. This goes against the being a dick rule. Going out of the way to hide a body so they can't be seen and recovered is a dick move, even if the marine isn't revivable to begin with. I will most likely just give the Xeno a warning and delete the table. There isn't a reason to consider a ban unless it becomes a common occurrence. I'll probably give a 3hr ban at the 5th time and a job ban at the 6th time.

2. This is fine. As long as the marine returns the ID after he calls the evacuation, then I'll let it go. If he doesn't return it, then it will go against the id rule. I'll pm them and ask them to return it. If they do, then there isn't a reason to ban them. They could've just forgot they had the id. If they refuse and continue to run with it after multiple attempts to ask them to return it, then I will consider a 3 hr ban. There is no reason to go over 3hrs because of an id.

3. For this situation, it depends on what the survivor saw and his background. Did he see most of the Xenos leave that specific pipe while the station was being attacked? If so, then the actions work according to their background. Now, I doubt this is the case so I will consider it as metagaming and borderline griefing. They used the knowledge that their character doesn't know to act upon. The reason it could be borderline griefing is that the first sentence in the rule states, "Griefing is the intent of one player wanting to cause grief or annoyance to other players or to the server without any roleplay reason." There are no RP motives to take apart the main pipe, and it becomes a big burden to the Xenos when it is taken apart. I would then pm him to ask why he did it to see one of the two reasons. I will then warn him if it is reason two and let him go if it was reason 1. If it was reason 2, then I will fix the pipe and look at how many times he has done it before. If they have done it 3 or more times, then I will consider a survivor job ban. If it's the second time, then I will give a 3hr ban. The first time will get a warning.

NethIafins
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin

Post by NethIafins » 09 Jul 2018, 13:00

Standard question I ask, especially to reapplying mods:
Server Rules were changed recently, can you point 2-3 changed rules that in your opinion had the greatest effect on gameplay and/or administrative work?
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

Finefire984

Post by Finefire984 » 09 Jul 2018, 13:33

NethIafins wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 13:00
Standard question I ask, especially to reapplying mods:
Server Rules were changed recently, can you point 2-3 changed rules that in your opinion had the greatest effect on gameplay and/or administrative work?
1. The fact the survivors now know a partial bit of the infection instead of everything make's game play betterm because even though a survivor is saved, there is still a mystery to the attack.

2. The act like given role is another good one for gameplay. It helps specify that aliens can't be nice like they used to be and it keeps marines from acting mentally unstable which they used to RP as also.

3. The last one I can think of are the small changes in the mutiny section. The leader needs to ahelp instead of everyone e ahelping like they used to do. This keeps the ahelps from blowing up, expecially when we're really busy. Also, this wasn't in the rules sepcifically, but it was usually asked for beforehand. The ahelps needs to contain the names of the marines involved. This makes the need to a help for the mutiny shorter to handle so the staff member can focus on other problems.

Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 09 Jul 2018, 13:34

Finefire984 wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 12:30
1. This goes against the being a dick rule. Going out of the way to hide a body so they can't be seen and recovered is a dick move, even if the marine isn't revivable to begin with. I will most likely just give the Xeno a warning and delete the table. There isn't a reason to consider a ban unless it becomes a common occurrence. I'll probably give a 3hr ban at the 5th time and a job ban at the 6th time.

2. This is fine. As long as the marine returns the ID after he calls the evacuation, then I'll let it go. If he doesn't return it, then it will go against the id rule. I'll pm them and ask them to return it. If they do, then there isn't a reason to ban them. They could've just forgot they had the id. If they refuse and continue to run with it after multiple attempts to ask them to return it, then I will consider a 3 hr ban. There is no reason to go over 3hrs because of an id.

3. For this situation, it depends on what the survivor saw and his background. Did he see most of the Xenos leave that specific pipe while the station was being attacked? If so, then the actions work according to their background. Now, I doubt this is the case so I will consider it as metagaming and borderline griefing. They used the knowledge that their character doesn't know to act upon. The reason it could be borderline griefing is that the first sentence in the rule states, "Griefing is the intent of one player wanting to cause grief or annoyance to other players or to the server without any roleplay reason." There are no RP motives to take apart the main pipe, and it becomes a big burden to the Xenos when it is taken apart. I would then pm him to ask why he did it to see one of the two reasons. I will then warn him if it is reason two and let him go if it was reason 1. If it was reason 2, then I will fix the pipe and look at how many times he has done it before. If they have done it 3 or more times, then I will consider a survivor job ban. If it's the second time, then I will give a 3hr ban. The first time will get a warning.
1. Completely an IC issue. No breach of any rules, the dead don't get a say in where their body goes.

2. Read up on the new ID rules. You're now allowed to take another dead player's ID provided you have an RP reason for doing so. If they become revived however, you must make every attempt possible to return it to them.

3. Standard metagaming procedure not grief, survivors know that they can ventcrawl, not which primary pipe that they're using. You also can't fix pipes, you're a moderator, not an admin. Keep in mind however, jobbans are almost always accompanied with a timed ban outside of special cases.

Right, I'll give you a chance since you seem to half know what you're doing but not what you're enforcing, which can be hammered out in the trial period.

+1

NethIafins
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin

Post by NethIafins » 09 Jul 2018, 13:41

Answers are fine +1
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

Kavlo
Byond: Kavlo
Steam: Kavlo

Post by Kavlo » 09 Jul 2018, 15:47

Get em back on the mod team.

+1
Lochlann Healy the Marine Here's my good ol' dossier!

Mentor : 28th November 2016
Mod : 14th February 2017
Admin : 7th June 2017
Retired : 4th January 2018
Mod : 20th April 2018
Admin : 19th September 2018

z a n e b o t
Byond: z a n e b o t

Post by z a n e b o t » 12 Jul 2018, 20:40

Good answers +1

Lumdor
Byond: Lumdor

Post by Lumdor » 14 Jul 2018, 23:10

I'll always support old staff coming back to the staff team. +1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Bancrose, Dr.Lance, and Frans_Feiffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Commander Bob Shoe | Yautja Kar-Teer

Finefire984

Post by Finefire984 » 20 Jul 2018, 16:01

Oh man, 7 +1s? Come on, SLC, now I just need you to +1 this app.

I'm joking don't take that seriously...

Snypehunter007
Byond: Snypehunter007

Post by Snypehunter007 » 21 Jul 2018, 09:12

I remember you being a rather good mod before and all criticism's I have were already addressed by others.

+1
Reached "Leet" post status on 3/14/17.
Death of the Suggestion Killer - 11/30/2017

Staff History:
► Show Spoiler

Sir Lordington
Byond: Sirlordington

Post by Sir Lordington » 23 Jul 2018, 13:11

Your answers are detailed and fitting of a former moderator. Nobody seems to have had issues with you and your improvement over previous applications show, so you've got my full support. +1
I used to play Luke Compton. Now I play Reginald Dempsey.

Finefire984

Post by Finefire984 » 29 Jul 2018, 19:17

Did my application die from the recent staff changes? If so, then I can make a new one if needed.

driecg36
Byond: driecg36

Post by driecg36 » 29 Jul 2018, 19:31

Finefire984 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 19:17
Did my application die from the recent staff changes? If so, then I can make a new one if needed.
No, it's still valid. Once things get settled down head wise it'll get processed, just sit tight.
Some guy.

Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 30 Jul 2018, 06:13

This has been accepted. Check your inbox, your permissions will update ingame shortly.