Zelkova64 Moderator Application

Zelkova64
Byond: zelkova64

Zelkova64 Moderator Application

Post by Zelkova64 » 29 Nov 2018, 00:08

Byond ID: zelkova64

Colonial Marines Character: Jackson A. Hargrave

Timezone: - UTC-7

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate? 20+ 4-6 Hours/day Between 7PM To 3AM my time after I get off work at 5PM.

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)? I have helped moderate Teamspeak and Ventrillo for A corporation/Alliance in EVE Online. Otherwise No.

Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers? I started playing this year. I do wish I could have seen the Sulaco people talk about.

What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM? I have only played on Paradise and CM, With two rounds on Goon and less than 10 rounds on Yog. I like the higher populations.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made: No Previous Applications for Whitelist or any roles. (I intend to apply for CO when possible)

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where? Not a staff member anywhere else.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines? No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for? No Bans.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)? Yes. It has been a while but I have used it previously for EVE Online.

Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each of the following situations. Do not write on the same line as the situation - use the space below it or make space as needed. Failure to do this proves your inability to follow instructions and your application will be automatically denied.

1. A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
► Show Spoiler
2. The ship has a breach to space and a bunch of players have died or are dying as a result.
► Show Spoiler
3. You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost.
► Show Spoiler
4. A player is being very rude to you in Adminhelps and requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
► Show Spoiler
5. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, no one has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.
► Show Spoiler
6. You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
► Show Spoiler
7. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.
► Show Spoiler
8. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
► Show Spoiler
9. The round ends, a MARINE starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member Adminhelps complaining he was killed after the round ended.
► Show Spoiler
10. A marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start.
► Show Spoiler
11. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him.
► Show Spoiler
12. An issue arises that requires Admin+ abilities.
► Show Spoiler
13. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
► Show Spoiler
14. A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
► Show Spoiler
15. You see a player playing a xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines and die.
► Show Spoiler
16. You see a xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat.
► Show Spoiler
17. A xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different xeno player complains to you that it's metagaming/failRP to call it a "dropship".
► Show Spoiler
18. A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet.
► Show Spoiler
19. A Marine kills another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself.
► Show Spoiler
20. You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforcing a rule.
► Show Spoiler
20a. You see a fellow staff member abusing his powers in-game.
► Show Spoiler
21. You see a player talking in OOC chat about what he did with your mom last night.
► Show Spoiler
Any additional information you'd like to add?
My answers are based on my personal belief that i should not attribute malice to baldness. All players deserve a chance in bad situations to explain themselves. We all make mistakes afterall. They can be handled professionally and accordingly to the severity of the mistake.

I really want to answer FAX's from players and help them in their RP. Honestly I love to RP and see people have a fun time.

I have learned from my mistakes that are on my account notes The last one being over a month old. And I hope to help the server and other players. I really do enjoy this community. Thank you for the consideration and time to read this!

taketheshot56
Byond: taketheshot56

Re: Zelkova64 Moderator Application

Post by taketheshot56 » 29 Nov 2018, 00:25

6. Just dont get involved, its completely an IC issue
14. Good but look into his notes, a perma might be needed.
18. Make sure you announce to the folks that they know nothing of aliens if it is meta.
20a. Nope, go right to their manager immediately, if it was a mentor, take it to jerk, if it was a mod take it to ed, if it was an admin, to lordington, if it was a manager take it to emerald.

While you only just got a note last month, i think the amendment makes it clear you were not attempting to ruin the players round nor break the rules.
+1 I think you should get a chance.
"I like to live in the present sir. The past is for pussies...and Airmen."

Part of the Commanders council. Pm me with your concerns loyal consituents.

Zelkova64

Post by Zelkova64 » 29 Nov 2018, 00:28

taketheshot56 wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 00:25
6. Just dont get involved, its completely an IC issue
14. Good but look into his notes, a perma might be needed.
18. Make sure you announce to the folks that they know nothing of aliens if it is meta.
20a. Nope, go right to their manager immediately, if it was a mentor, take it to jerk, if it was a mod take it to ed, if it was an admin, to lordington, if it was a manager take it to emerald.

While you only just got a note last month, i think the amendment makes it clear you were not attempting to ruin the players round nor break the rules.
+1 I think you should get a chance.
Thanks for the information! Its good to know and I dont want to ruin someones round at all. Likewise Especially on 18 it should be loud and clear about xenos. I agree. With 20a, I will keep that in mind. Abuse is a very bad thing and should be dealt with ASAP of course.

Zelkova64

Post by Zelkova64 » 29 Nov 2018, 01:07

As a side note to anyone reading this, I do appreciate any feedback so that I can always improve. If i have an unsatisfactory answer I would like to know why so that i can consider better and more correct options!

420MYK
Byond: 420M.Y.K

Post by 420MYK » 29 Nov 2018, 01:46

► Show Spoiler
All around good answers really and my notes mentioned in the spoiler are only tidbits i've learnt/my views experiences, I don't disagree with any of your answers completely really. That alone would net you a +1 So instead ill use the rest of this to talk on my view on you as a player both from a staff standing point and my own experiences with you as a general player.

IC hes not a shitter and alot of his trouble has come from being new/in the moment things that went too far. And yes the last note looked really bad but thankfully we were able to actually sort out the situation and you accepted where you went wrong and were remorseful. My only problem with zelk from a staff stand point is quite often we get quite a number of ahelps from you, Not all of them necessary. While not bad and you've never legit abused ahelps, i can say if accepted it'll be good to just talk in msay and not have you bwoink us all the time ;p.

As a player you're pretty good really. Your RP isn't a meme and you play your roles well. I always feel good when i see Jackson A. Hargrave in the CiC too. Also you've never PB'd me in the back or anything so that's always a bonus ha.

All in all It'd be good to have you on the team +1 Good luck with the rest of your App.

You dont need to answer this by any means but hey it might be bonus points for with someone else:
► Show Spoiler
Noxus Poppy is bae.

In game character name:Alice 'Snow' Falkner. Lar'ja H'chak

I may do stupid shit sometimes, but were marines its what we do. Always saving, rarely saved. Piss lead and blow shit up until you die. Rinse and repeat.

Zelkova64

Post by Zelkova64 » 29 Nov 2018, 02:41

You dont need to answer this by any means but hey it might be bonus points for with someone else:
► Show Spoiler
[/quote]

Here is what I have gathered on predators code
Hunting Worthy Prey
• A human is wielding a rifle or has said rifle stored on his back/belt (throwing said weapons away upon Predator contact still makes you worthy)
A scientist is issuing orders to others to kill Xenos/humans/Predators
• A Xeno is actively moving around the map and not engaged in a current fight.
Prey insulting a Predator or initiating a challenge to them (ie; a doctor/survivor/marines insulting the Predator)

Dishonorable & Innocent Prey - Predators MAY NOT hunt the following targets:
• Any prey who are unable to fight to their full potential due to disabilities, injuries or pre-occupations.
Examples of Dishonorable/Innocent Prey:
• A human/xeno who is wounded, missing their limbs or ill from disease. (Injuries caused from Predators make them viable to be hunted later if they escape)
• Any prey xenos/humans who are assisting wounded, dragging others to safety or performing critical actions to assist others (ie. an MT setting up a FOB despite having a sidearm equipped)
• Innocent and non-combat roles. A Doctor/Researcher/MT/Drones/Hivelords/Cargo/Synthetics (Variables may change these select people from being innocent/dishonorable to worthy given their actions)

Unworthy Prey: Predators may dispatch/kill/disable the following targets by any means available.
• Unworthy Prey is defined as any prey who is unworthy of the honor code and intentionally or unintentionally disrupted the Predators hunt. These individuals (or groups) may be engaged by the Predators using their full force (cloaking, Plasma Caster) and abilities to kill or disable them.
• Killing/Murdering a fellow Yautja is the worst possible crimes. (Outside of an honorable duel).
Examples of Unworthy Prey:
• Any prey who flees from an honor duel, heals mid duel, or intentionally receives assistance from others during said duel. This also includes other individuals who interfere with a duel, drag away, or protect the body of the Predator's victim.
• Any prey or group who actively pursues/engage the Predator themselves, who the Predator is not hunting/disrupting. (Groups defending a FOB/Hive or defending others are not considered unworthy)
• Any prey or group who steal, loot or capture a Predator. This will result in all Predators engaging any target interrupting or interfering with the retrieval of items/predator.
• Any LOW RP actions, such as hugging the Predator while they’re RPing, force-feeding Predators, ninja-looting Predators while RPing and IC metagaming. (Saying ICly the Predator won’t harm us because you meta-ed the rules)
• Attacking a Predators lodge at all times is considered dishonorable and full force will be met to repel attackers both humans and xenos.

As far as the doctor goes, Even if he is Dishonorable prey to start with, The moment he issues an order or insult that opposes the predator or stand s in its way in retreiving the technology. He can be considered Worthy (or Unworthy Prey that may be killed). So this is context/log sensitive based on the doctors actions.

The Tech signal mentioned I would investigate for legitimacy, If its valid I would say the predator has the right to be there. If its not, Then the predator deserves a bwoinking. (Under my understanding preds do chase the signals)

This is based off of the parts in red marked above. Please tell me if im correct!

420MYK
Byond: 420M.Y.K

Post by 420MYK » 29 Nov 2018, 02:53

Zelkova wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 02:41
► Show Spoiler

Here is what I have gathered on predators code
Hunting Worthy Prey
• A human is wielding a rifle or has said rifle stored on his back/belt (throwing said weapons away upon Predator contact still makes you worthy)
A scientist is issuing orders to others to kill Xenos/humans/Predators
• A Xeno is actively moving around the map and not engaged in a current fight.
Prey insulting a Predator or initiating a challenge to them (ie; a doctor/survivor/marines insulting the Predator)

Dishonorable & Innocent Prey - Predators MAY NOT hunt the following targets:
• Any prey who are unable to fight to their full potential due to disabilities, injuries or pre-occupations.
Examples of Dishonorable/Innocent Prey:
• A human/xeno who is wounded, missing their limbs or ill from disease. (Injuries caused from Predators make them viable to be hunted later if they escape)
• Any prey xenos/humans who are assisting wounded, dragging others to safety or performing critical actions to assist others (ie. an MT setting up a FOB despite having a sidearm equipped)
• Innocent and non-combat roles. A Doctor/Researcher/MT/Drones/Hivelords/Cargo/Synthetics (Variables may change these select people from being innocent/dishonorable to worthy given their actions)

Unworthy Prey: Predators may dispatch/kill/disable the following targets by any means available.
• Unworthy Prey is defined as any prey who is unworthy of the honor code and intentionally or unintentionally disrupted the Predators hunt. These individuals (or groups) may be engaged by the Predators using their full force (cloaking, Plasma Caster) and abilities to kill or disable them.
• Killing/Murdering a fellow Yautja is the worst possible crimes. (Outside of an honorable duel).
Examples of Unworthy Prey:
• Any prey who flees from an honor duel, heals mid duel, or intentionally receives assistance from others during said duel. This also includes other individuals who interfere with a duel, drag away, or protect the body of the Predator's victim.
• Any prey or group who actively pursues/engage the Predator themselves, who the Predator is not hunting/disrupting. (Groups defending a FOB/Hive or defending others are not considered unworthy)
• Any prey or group who steal, loot or capture a Predator. This will result in all Predators engaging any target interrupting or interfering with the retrieval of items/predator.
• Any LOW RP actions, such as hugging the Predator while they’re RPing, force-feeding Predators, ninja-looting Predators while RPing and IC metagaming. (Saying ICly the Predator won’t harm us because you meta-ed the rules)
• Attacking a Predators lodge at all times is considered dishonorable and full force will be met to repel attackers both humans and xenos.

As far as the doctor goes, Even if he is Dishonorable prey to start with, The moment he issues an order or insult that opposes the predator or stand s in its way in retreiving the technology. He can be considered Worthy (or Unworthy Prey that may be killed). So this is context/log sensitive based on the doctors actions.

The Tech signal mentioned I would investigate for legitimacy, If its valid I would say the predator has the right to be there. If its not, Then the predator deserves a bwoinking. (Under my understanding preds do chase the signals)

This is based off of the parts in red marked above. Please tell me if im correct!
[/quote]

Very good yes i tried posing a situation that included things that would need to be followed up on. But in general staff cannot punish whitelists. You take your evidence and qualms to their council. Other than that though assuming you followed protocol and investigated properly well done someone give this man his bonus points

EDIT:... no clue why it basically copied your post. Still ^^^^
Noxus Poppy is bae.

In game character name:Alice 'Snow' Falkner. Lar'ja H'chak

I may do stupid shit sometimes, but were marines its what we do. Always saving, rarely saved. Piss lead and blow shit up until you die. Rinse and repeat.

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 29 Nov 2018, 23:40

Good Player, I speak with them on a day to day basis, They keep out of trouble for the most part. I fully support this +1
Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 30 Nov 2018, 15:22

Jackson isn't a shitlord.
Never had issues and barring a few dings here and there that Taketheshot already pointed out, I'm not gonna ask any more questions.
I don't have an issue with them having a trial
+1

Frans_Feiffer
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 30 Nov 2018, 18:51

I’m gonna refrain from voting on this one, as Frans and Hargrave are good friends. But, application is good; Any issues with it have been brought up by those above my own comment. A good dude ingame and out who knows his shit and imo would make a great addition to the moderation team.
“Your Friendly Neighborhood Commodore, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam, Austrian Kommodore vith ze vorst accent, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.” Frans Feiffer's Promotion to Commander - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008
The Day I sold my Soul to Titan - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18263
Yeyin R'ka Joins the Ranks of Blooded - viewtopic.php?f=125&t=18549
Darwin is Booted up and Assigned to the USS Almayer - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=18897
Commander Council term 1, Alongside the Men, the Myths, the Legends, Bancrose, Lumdor, Dr. Lance, and Taketheshot56. - viewtopic.php?f=137&t=18907
Have any Questions for me? Feel Free to PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as I can ^_^

Zelkova64

Post by Zelkova64 » 30 Nov 2018, 19:22

Frans_Feiffer wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 18:51
I’m gonna refrain from voting on this one, as Frans and Hargrave are good friends. But, application is good; Any issues with it have been brought up by those above my own comment. A good dude ingame and out who knows his shit and imo would make a great addition to the moderation team.
Thanks man! I appreciate the remark! Its always good to hear such things!

Zelkova64

Post by Zelkova64 » 30 Nov 2018, 19:24

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 15:22
Jackson isn't a shitlord.
Never had issues and barring a few dings here and there that Taketheshot already pointed out, I'm not gonna ask any more questions.
I don't have an issue with them having a trial
+1
I really do try not to be a shitlord, I would rather have fun and have others around me enjoy playing with me than think im just some asshole out to ruin their rounds. Thanks for the kind remark!

x31stOverlord
Byond: x31stOverlord

Post by x31stOverlord » 01 Dec 2018, 05:18

Yeah, pretty much no qualms with this, minor issues with answers, but nothing major and not so many that it would be problematic. You'll learn the ropes during the trial to iron out the inconsistencies. +1
Yautja - Zathar-Veraz Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL, SO, XO, Synthetic Unit Joshua Roscoe Barrett - Spec, SGCMP, MP Ancient Empress, Ancient Runner (69)
https://i.imgur.com/8NP5Mbl.png

Zelkova64

Post by Zelkova64 » 01 Dec 2018, 22:50

x31stOverlord wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 05:18
Yeah, pretty much no qualms with this, minor issues with answers, but nothing major and not so many that it would be problematic. You'll learn the ropes during the trial to iron out the inconsistencies. +1
Thanks man, I'm glad to hear it!

Slywater
Byond: Slywater
Steam: Slywater

Post by Slywater » 03 Dec 2018, 13:39

Well, nothing to bring up other than the minor issues already addressed:
+1 from me.
I play as Robert 'Scotch' MacMillan.
And Anton. Don't forget about Anton.

Dorkkeli
Location: Frozen hellhole, that is not canada, but rather the other country that likes hockey
Byond: Dorkkeli
Steam: Dorkkeli

Post by Dorkkeli » 04 Dec 2018, 03:45

I do not like the color Blue.
That is all that I have against you being a mod.
+1
Bert 'SOAB' Beach BRAVO
Henrik SYNTHETIC
Moderator STAFF
Patron at the bar on Big Red
Ass taker and name kicker

Zelkova64

Post by Zelkova64 » 04 Dec 2018, 04:07

Dorkkeli wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 03:45
I do not like the color Blue.
That is all that I have against you being a mod.
+1
To be honest, I highly regret the color, I thought I could make it look nice and oh boy was I so wrong.

Mizari

Post by Mizari » 04 Dec 2018, 06:34

Yeah, I think you could be good on a trial, +1 from me.

Imperator_Titan
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Post by Imperator_Titan » 05 Dec 2018, 06:28

Accepted.

Check your inbox.