Staff Report - Moderator Kerek

Lauren Von Fusegana
Byond: JahFairy

Staff Report - Moderator Kerek

Post by Lauren Von Fusegana » 17 Oct 2018, 21:08

Your Byond Key: JahFairy

Your Character Name: Lauren Von Fuesgana (Static)

Their Byond key: Kneez (Commonly known as Kerek)

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central Us Time for best results): October 17, 2018 (Roughly around 1:30pm HST)

Which Staff Protocols (http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtop ... =57&t=5647) were broken: None, just voicing my opinion~

Description of the incident: Improper escalation and usage of moderation abilities.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc): Logs

How you would punish the accused: None; preferably, retrain the moderator. Also, a simple conversation with me about ethical practices. Current observations show nonprofessionalism of a representative of the CM staff team.

Observational Notes: Byond Key Kneez, commonly known in-game as Ryan ‘Firebug’ Steelberg has previously displayed a hint of unprofessionalism during early interactions within the CM server community; although has grown a sense of maturity through prolonged interactions within the community. Although, I have read over Kneez's previous forum applications within the CM forum base, and their interactions within the forum community and can safely claim that they need a sense of moderation retraining.

The interaction of the accused moderator: During the round on LV-624, I had a role as a doctor. During my round, I have proceeded my interactions with the community as normal (Aka, normally what the job intends me to follow, and some shenanigans to past the time with my colleagues of the same department). Later on within said round, I received two patients, one of them was Sam Greene, and an Unknown individual, due to them being in a stasis bag. I had scanned Greene for assessment on the medical diagnosis needed. The patient showed signs of broken bones and missing limbs and was unable to move on their own, due to damages all around the body. So, I proceed to do my roles purpose, although before I did, I injected them with 15 units of a total combination of 30units divided by 3 of Mind breaker toxin, space drugs, and methylphenidate. Now my previous notes warrant that I had a previous history with said chemical reaction, without the added soporific properties. Thus I accept whatever punishment may seem fit by another staff members observation; although the main reason why I'm even making this report is my interaction with the said moderator, After injecting the patient with said chemical reaction, roughly between 2 to 3 minutes. I was contacted by the moderator, asking if I injected him with Mindbreaker toxin. Now my first reply was.. arbitrary in a sense, "Did he PM you about that?". Then I was prompted with a reply about how Greene ahelped about someone injecting them with rads, which I have no Idea what that means to be honest. Now do note, that this was in the midst of Greene's surgical operation, and was about to finish. If I do recall, then said chemical reaction only has a longevity of about 1 to 2 minutes, due to its mixture. By the time Greene was finished with his operation, the mixture has already subsided, and I scanned him just to make sure (With an added precaution of dialysis for 1 minute and an IV transfer to the patient to warrant no residual trace of the chemical). After the patient has been fully healed, I had stated to the moderator in question that the patient has been fully cleared of the chemical, and that no game-changing effect was gonna happen from my interactions with the said patient. Now acknowledging that I had injected the patient, and the moderator warranting that the next time this was to happen, I would be issued a Job ban and a ban together, which is understandable. Although the escalation afterward is what warrant me to make this report. Now, not replying to the moderator, since the acknowledgment of the situation has subsided. I do believe the moderator in question wished for me to give confirmation of my acknowledgment, although was kinda busy, and frankly, this whole incident should have been handled ICly since... that's what MPs are for? After vaguely replying to the moderator, showing the object (Hypospray) in-game where it was on my character, I was put to sleep. Now do mind I was in a middle of a surgical operation with another individual, potentially ending their round due to alien impregnation. So with the given time of my in-game character rendered asleep, I replied back to the moderator at hand about the situation. Answering their question, which was "Where is your hypo spray?" "In my medical pouch". Now I was awoken by said moderator to put the hypo spray onto the table, and I complied. Then I grabbed it for extra measures and proceed to toss it into the trash chute, and engaging the trash chute so that the chemical mixture is no longer within in my person or in the presence of anyone else. Afterward, I detected a hint of an emotional unprofessional responsive after telling the said moderator of what has occurred with the object in question. I promptly told the moderator in a civil way that this interaction was being escalated farther than it should normally be and prompted to log off. Although I was told not to and was warned that I will be issued a job ban if I do log off. I felt that the moderator has stated their claims, and both parties have acknowledged the incident, and I was willing to take the job ban due to interaction with said moderator was only further esclating than it should of been. I promptly logged off and made this report.

RedsPro
Byond: RedsPro

Re: Staff Report - Moderator Kerek

Post by RedsPro » 17 Oct 2018, 22:49

I saw that random shit was happening to me on the table and stuff was appearing in my hands. I assumed the other Doctor that i saw run in and hop up on the table fed me Radiation or some shit so i Ahelped because i assumed i was being griefed. I was told i was given MindBreaker and it was a joke so if anyone pulls the logs my last response was somewhere along the lines of i dont give a fuck anymore im all better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ImageImage ImageImageImage

Kerek
Byond: Kerek

Post by Kerek » 17 Oct 2018, 22:54

You kept blowing off my messages, used mindbreaker toxin which has no benefits aside from its grief capabilities, and claimed it was 'an inside joke and should be left alone since its not going to affect him anymore' because I messaged you before you got it out of his system. Putting mindbreaker in a hypospray has no point aside from grief, and you only injected him with mindbreaker.

Also, I'm Kerek commonly known as Kneez. My CKey is Kerek.
Ryan 'Firebug' Steelberg
Horace Wallenber
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /Heinz.jpg

Lauren Von Fusegana

Post by Lauren Von Fusegana » 17 Oct 2018, 22:59

Ah, no wonder. I was thinking "Radiation poisoning? The hell?" So I'm guessing this is miscommunication on all parts, although I still stand on my punishment, but a little lenient on the moderator training. Also still wanting that conversation on ethical practices, since if It wasn't me, and this incident was someone else.. I think the incident would have escalated even worse, judging by the average playerbase's mentality

RedsPro
Byond: RedsPro

Post by RedsPro » 17 Oct 2018, 23:03

Not gonna lie chief there was no followup because i drop'd it. There won't be any punishment because even as you state in your Report he didn't do anything wrong.
ImageImage ImageImageImage

Lauren Von Fusegana

Post by Lauren Von Fusegana » 17 Oct 2018, 23:05

First, I stated the chemical mixture. If you really want, you can check the logs of what was in that mixture. Second, the chemical mixture lasted for 1 - 2 minutes, due to its mixture size and quantity. Third, it should have been handled ICly if Greene accepted it to be alright.
Also to Kerek. I was going off this since I don't know what your byond key is.
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=15646

Lauren Von Fusegana

Post by Lauren Von Fusegana » 17 Oct 2018, 23:07

Yaaaa.,,, but like I said. Ask yourself this. If it wasn't me, and the way it was handled, do you think the reaction would have been different?

Clutch
Byond: bramb23

Post by Clutch » 17 Oct 2018, 23:08

Seeing as this report is about Kerek's moderating skills I Broden commonly known as Bwoden come forward as a character witness.

This report is insane, first of all you mispelled your name.
Second of all I have seen Kerek moderate and there is nothing he doesnt know that you are going to change with a conversation about Ethical practices. Reports are for actual abuse and not because you disagree with how something happened thats what PM's are for.

Sorry for replying here but this belongs in acid goop
Bwoden Whackers
This is likewise where bramb began saying he lives in albania. They additionally continued pinging me with the albanian banner. They called me female. They called me gay. They said I have down disorder. They called me different names too. Also, bramb said he lives in albania when he professes to live in The Netherlands too. Lying again.

Kerek
Byond: Kerek

Post by Kerek » 17 Oct 2018, 23:12

Honestly it probably would've gone better. The average player doesn't blow my pms off, and if they do they stop after I sleep them until they start replying again. Also most players don't go "a moderator is currently talking to me about how I can't accept what I did was unacceptable, so I'm going to cryo since I disagree." You said you wanted to go on a hiatus, so I went ahead and helped you with that. I gave you a day ban for blowing my messages off, griefing him, having a bad note history, and for cryoing when I told you that if you did I was going to ban you from the game, and from doctor adding to your immense list of jobbans.
Ryan 'Firebug' Steelberg
Horace Wallenber
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /Heinz.jpg

Lauren Von Fusegana

Post by Lauren Von Fusegana » 17 Oct 2018, 23:18

Ya, we both acknowledge it, as stated above.. The problem is the mentality of the situation..

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 17 Oct 2018, 23:19

Logs
Doctor injecting hypo spray with bad stuff to other players besides RedsPro
► Show Spoiler
ahelp to kerek
► Show Spoiler
Conversation between Kerek and JahFairy, also to RedsPro
► Show Spoiler

Lauren Von Fusegana

Post by Lauren Von Fusegana » 17 Oct 2018, 23:22

So it stats that I had 43 seconds to reply back to your ahelp..

Lauren Von Fusegana

Post by Lauren Von Fusegana » 17 Oct 2018, 23:30

In total time, I had 1 minute to reply (Exactly). Which sometimes I tab out or, have to do something quickly since I heard the infamous *Bwionk*

Lauren Von Fusegana

Post by Lauren Von Fusegana » 30 Oct 2018, 00:28

After some time observing. I can safely say that the moderator in question is fit for duty, and wish for this thread to be locked up with no changes to the staff team or the community~

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 15 Nov 2018, 00:08

Smashing that lock button, glad everything could be resolved internally.
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.