Your Byond ID: Youbar

Character Name: Yamagata Aritomo

Type Of Ban (Job-ban, Timed Ban, Permaban): Permaban

Admin who banned you (if known): Host

Total Ban Duration: Permanent

Remaining Duration: Indefinite

What other servers do you play on?
Aurora Station, Yogstation

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
Been banned on this server a lot. No others.

Reason for ban (If you have a Permaban, it should be the EXACT MESSAGE YOU GET WHEN YOU LOGIN with the Error code that looks like this: X##XXX##. If you do not provide this EXACTLY you can't be unbanned):
"Z-Multikeying Scumbay - This ban can not be appealed."

Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable): N/A

Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc):
I'm not entirely sure what's happened here. Haven't ever done any sort of multikeying or griefing on any SS13 servers for a long time (last time was as FriedKetchup, but that was 2015).
As far as I know, Apophis said it was from using a VPN. I turned it off, but that didn't appear to help. Access is still denied. Might have something to do with getting a new ISP and router recently.

Not sure if it's liftable, but I might as well try appealing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Man with one chopstick go hungry."
- Chinese Proverb

VitorThauma
Byond: VitorThauma

Re: Permanent Ban

Post by VitorThauma » 01 Dec 2017, 08:19

Notes
► Show Spoiler
Sarah Powers | Susan Kingston

Mentor from 20 Jul 2017 - 08 Oct 2017
Moderator from 08 Oct 2017 - 06 Feb 2018
Admin from 06 Feb 2018 - 24 Jun 2018
► Show Spoiler

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 01 Dec 2017, 15:05

Did you leave your VPN on while logging in, even once? That's what it seems like happened, but just to make sure we're on the same page. When you pull a sticky ban, it sticks to your ckey so the only way to get it off you now is through this system.
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.

Feweh
Donor
Donor
Byond: Feweh

Post by Feweh » 01 Dec 2017, 17:21

You most likely logged on with your VPN still on.

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 01 Dec 2017, 17:21

Emeraldblood wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 15:05
Did you leave your VPN on while logging in, even once? That's what it seems like happened, but just to make sure we're on the same page. When you pull a sticky ban, it sticks to your ckey so the only way to get it off you now is through this system.
Feweh wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 17:21
You most likely logged on with your VPN still on.
That's probably what happened, yeah. I use the VPN mainly for viewing Netflix content that isn't available in my country, but it's not uncommon for me just to leave it running while I do other stuff, since it doesn't slow down my internet that much.
- Chinese Proverb

Emeraldblood

Post by Emeraldblood » 01 Dec 2017, 18:24

Do you normally turn it off to play CM, or do you leave it running when you get on?
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 01 Dec 2017, 18:41

Emeraldblood wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 18:24
Do you normally turn it off to play CM, or do you leave it running when you get on?
It's normally off. I play SS13 as a whole pretty infrequently, so it's easy to slip up on that aspect. I've put a note on my monitor about it, though, so it shouldn't happen again when I get unbanned.
- Chinese Proverb

Emeraldblood

Post by Emeraldblood » 01 Dec 2017, 18:43

Alright. We're going to be looking into it soon. Just hold out until then. Is there no bancode in the perma notice?

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 01 Dec 2017, 18:48

Emeraldblood wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 18:43
Alright. We're going to be looking into it soon. Just hold out until then. Is there no bancode in the perma notice?
► Show Spoiler
No, unfortunately not.
- Chinese Proverb

slc97
Vice Host
Vice Host

Post by slc97 » 04 Dec 2017, 16:31

Are you familiar with the ckeys noahgoldfox, cheapone, or ispysomethingblack?

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 04 Dec 2017, 16:38

slc97 wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 16:31
Are you familiar with the ckeys noahgoldfox, cheapone, or ispysomethingblack?
Never heard of them.
- Chinese Proverb

slc97
Vice Host
Vice Host

Post by slc97 » 04 Dec 2017, 16:43

Okay, well here's the thing, your CID matches both Cheapone and Noahgoldfox. A VPN wouldn't fuck with your CID, so now it looks to us as we're investigating this, props to Vitor for running the logs, like you're multikeying again.

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 04 Dec 2017, 16:48

slc97 wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 16:43
Okay, well here's the thing, your CID matches both Cheapone and Noahgoldfox. A VPN wouldn't fuck with your CID, so now it looks to us as we're investigating this, props to Vitor for running the logs, like you're multikeying again.
What? I'm a bit skeptical here. Can you show me some logs or something, of me attempting to connect, and my CID matching with theirs? I have no idea why that'd happen, since I don't have a reason to multikey at all (I was never banned recently on any server), and I have a completely clean slate across the SS13 community.

EDIT:

This might explain it.
- Chinese Proverb

apophis775
Host
Host
Byond: Apophis775

Post by apophis775 » 06 Dec 2017, 15:54

Looks like it was a misunderstanding. Cheapone and NoahGoldFox were 2 of the hits by the VPN detector.

I can fix this, but it will take some time. It triggered 18 of the 20 detectors, which means I have to literally write 18 exceptions by hand.

I also suggest you never use that VPN again, as I won't be doing this again, and that VPN is obviously associated with some bad shit.

Also, did you try to login with FriedKetchup a few days ago?
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 06 Dec 2017, 19:20

apophis775 wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 15:54
I can fix this, but it will take some time. It triggered 18 of the 20 detectors, which means I have to literally write 18 exceptions by hand.

I also suggest you never use that VPN again, as I won't be doing this again, and that VPN is obviously associated with some bad shit.
Looks like I'll be uninstalling it from my computer immediately. Sorry about that. To be honest, I don't really mind when this get resolved, so feel free to take your time.
apophis775 wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 15:54
Also, did you try to login with FriedKetchup a few days ago?
I did on the same day that I saw I got the ban (I think that was when when I spoke to you on Discord?), so likely over a week ago. Any sooner than that, no, since I unlinked the account. Probably a really shitty idea, but I was looking the full extent of the ban. I figured it wouldn't really be an issue using FriedKetchup while my actual account was fixed. Obviously that didn't end up working.

If it's caught up in the sticky ban, I don't really mind. I don't use it, and it's gone now.
- Chinese Proverb

Feweh
Donor
Donor
Byond: Feweh

Post by Feweh » 06 Dec 2017, 19:29

Youbar wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 19:20
Probably a really shitty idea, but I was looking the full extent of the ban. I figured it wouldn't really be an issue using FriedKetchup while my actual account was fixed. Obviously that didn't end up working.

This would be ban-evading, whether or not you thought your ban appeal was legit or "being fixed".

For someone who speaks quite intellectually across the forums, you really do a lot of very basic stupid shit.

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 06 Dec 2017, 19:34

Feweh wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 19:29
This would be ban-evading, whether or not you thought your ban appeal was legit or "being fixed".
Yes, it does. But that's what I did.
- Chinese Proverb

slc97
Vice Host
Vice Host

Post by slc97 » 07 Dec 2017, 09:42

Okay, do you see the position you're putting us in here? You've multikeyed and ban evaded in the past. In fact, you've ban evaded to join staff and try and pretty much dox Apop, but we still give you more chances.

Then you tell us you have a clean slate across all SS13 that we can trust you, and in this very post write "Why would I multikey?" Then when we show that you tried to ban evade with a separate key, all you can say is "Yeah, I did that". And we're still supposed to trust you?

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 07 Dec 2017, 17:54

slc97 wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 09:42
And we're still supposed to trust you?
I don't expect you to. If it's that much of an issue, feel free to deny the appeal. I had no intentions of using FriedKetchup without first notifying the admins present on the server that I was doing so, for fairly obvious reasons.
- Chinese Proverb

slc97
Vice Host
Vice Host

Post by slc97 » 07 Dec 2017, 23:20

But you did try to use it without notifying us.

This is Apop's final decision, not mine, but I'm gonna say that I don't think you should be allowed back. I could abide by everything, but I already had to warn you in mchat once, and now you admit to ban evading. It just does not sit with me well. That's my opinion on the situation.

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 08 Dec 2017, 00:11

slc97 wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 23:20
But you did try to use it without notifying us.
Incredibly pedantic. If I wanted to truly and properly ban evade, I wouldn't have used FriedKetchup.
slc97 wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 23:20
and now you admit to ban evading.
I'm sorry for telling the truth. Maybe that wasn't the best course of action.
- Chinese Proverb

Emeraldblood

Post by Emeraldblood » 08 Dec 2017, 04:34

You've been making a lot of questionable decisions around the server. Owning up to it or not, you did attempt to ban evade which is against the rules. When you break the rules and get banned, you need to own up and accept that, not feel like you're above the rules and can just try to get around them.

slc97
Vice Host
Vice Host

Post by slc97 » 08 Dec 2017, 08:55

Emerald puts it possibly better than I did. It's great that you're telling the truth about what happened, but you've only done that when confronted with what happened. Your ban appeal didn't open with "I was banned for a VPN, so I tried a different account."

The issue is that you used a VPN, which is against the rules, then tried to evade the ban, which is against the rules. This is a series of poor decision making and you didn't come clean about them until confronted.

Also, I know you have personal feelings against me. That's fine, your opinion is your opinion and I don't particularly care, but calling one of the admins that's investigating you pedantic for bringing up a rule break is not going to help your cause. I recommend remaining civil.

Youbar

Post by Youbar » 08 Dec 2017, 16:51

Yes, I did accidentally used a VPN while connecting to the server for the first time in months. And yes, I did attempt to use another widely-known key to connect in a poor snap-judgement of mine, an action which I forgot about shortly after. However, I honestly think this is being blown well out of proportion. I have committed a grand total of three offenses (two of them minor) in the past two years, and now, I'm being told that I shouldn't be coming back, despite me being as transparent as possible all throughout this appeal.

Your opinion is your opinion, and at the end of the day, if Apophis775 denies this appeal, that's fine. My stance on this isn't changing, however.
- Chinese Proverb

apophis775
Host
Host
Byond: Apophis775

Post by apophis775 » 10 Dec 2017, 18:18

This is on hold for the moment.

I'm working on doing the bans that catch multikeyers, and since this involves around 16 of them, I've gotta wait to process it until I get that finished.

After that, I will be lifting a single exception for the Youbar key only. This means, any other Ckey from you IP/Computer will be blocked.
ImageImage
flamecow wrote: "unga dunga me want the attachment" - average marine