Memesky
Byond: Dusanking123

Connor Anderson's CO application

Post by Memesky » 06 Sep 2018, 06:45

Byond ID:

Dusanking123

Player name you use the most:

Connor Anderson

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link:
I didn't have any jobbans,whitelist applications or have appealed any bans before here.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?

I understand this,it's fine and should be like that.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions?

Battlefield Execution is an ability that can be used by the Commander only if he deems someone on the ship a threat. After the Commander executes someone he must announce it via the comms console. I personally don't think i will use it anytime soon if i get accepted as i would love to avoid it as most as possible.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself?

I understand this,MPs are there for that and i will allow them to do their job to enforce the law,which is not my job.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?

I believe the Commander is supposed to lead the operation and create better RP for others. The CO has a lot of tools such as his ability to BE and his command staff. The commander should stay in the CIC as much as possible in my opinion. And i don't think i would really deploy that much as a Commander.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it?

If something like this happened i would call the MPs to arrest them for insubordination. As i said i would like to not BE anyone unless it's REALLY a threat to the operation.

Why should you be whitelisted?

I don't think i'm the best XO out there,but i believe i'm okay enough for something like this. There's always other command staff to ask for suggestions,which i would do because i like when i hear other opinions before ordering something possibly game-changing. I also play a lot during lowpop. This is just a timezone thing,while this might not be a valid reason for someone to be whitelisted i'm stating it here anyways. I make it into highpop rounds too but,yeah.
I also don't find it hard to manage 4 squads at once. There is not that much chatter in all channels and the SLs ask for orders via command channel anyways. I am also aware that my chances might be lower because of the LRP issues in the past,but if you followed how i play you would notice i do differently as a command role than something like a squad member. I also believe someone might mention my forum activity. And i will say that i personally don't use them too much. I do check for new announcements and i believe i will be required to do it in case of Commander changes so i will be here for things like that. I will find myself using the medal feature as it feels nice to award a medal to someone for sure and it feels good for them i believe.

Comment :
Sorry for bad formatting,i dont really know how to make colored texts or good formatted apps so i hope this will do. Ask me if you have any questions,i will try to respond to my best ability.
Connor Anderson

ChengChan
Byond: ChengChan

Re: Connor Anderson's CO application

Post by ChengChan » 06 Sep 2018, 10:30

I am going for neutral since low effort appeal. I will give you a scenario.

You the Commander went into planetside and let the Executive officer to handle the CIC, but due lack of incompetency of command, half of marines died. How do you solve it especially the Executive Officer is incompetent?
Shaolin Monk

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 06 Sep 2018, 10:34

Application is a bit meh and not much effort, and not sure when you play, but I haven't seen you much.
I'm neutral leaning towards -1 pending on any future feed back.

Memesky

Post by Memesky » 06 Sep 2018, 12:02

ChengChan wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 10:30
I am going for neutral since low effort appeal. I will give you a scenario.

You the Commander went into planetside and let the Executive officer to handle the CIC, but due lack of incompetency of command, half of marines died. How do you solve it especially the Executive Officer is incompetent?
Depending on how badly the CIC staff is, i would keep telling the XO what to announce,what to check while doing whatever i was doing planetside. If it was REALLY bad i would go back and take the CIC myself as i dont think im really a good fighter anyways so im more helpful up there.
Connor Anderson

Bancrose
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrose » 06 Sep 2018, 17:38

No offense but you don't seem like you've been here that long, You don't seem all that active, while I've had you as my XO a few times. I think you need some more time.

Commander Councilman. Along with Takethehot56, Lumdor, Dr.Lance, Frans Fieffer. PM me or any of them for inquiries about Commander.

Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

Image | Image

Memesky

Post by Memesky » 06 Sep 2018, 17:47

Bancrose wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 17:38
No offense but you don't seem like you've been here that long, You don't seem all that active, while I've had you as my XO a few times. I think you need some more time.

You are right that i wasnt here that long but i disagree with the activity, i am on the server for majority of a day.
Connor Anderson

ChengChan
Byond: ChengChan

Post by ChengChan » 06 Sep 2018, 18:14

Memesky wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 12:02
Depending on how badly the CIC staff is, i would keep telling the XO what to announce,what to check while doing whatever i was doing planetside. If it was REALLY bad i would go back and take the CIC myself as i dont think im really a good fighter anyways so im more helpful up there.
I believe Commander role is not about at command center only, but to lead his marines to victory planetside. If you are not a good fighter then how come us marines trust you to lead us? Commander is all around, man.

Half of marines died but I guess you don't care about the marines maybe you just wanted the Commander role. Sorry for a bit harsh, I've observe you are talking back to someone else when they insulted you, let them hate or judge you just don't talk back since you are a high rank officer(XO).

I am going for -1 for this since low effort and you did not answer my question well.
Shaolin Monk

Memesky

Post by Memesky » 07 Sep 2018, 08:12

ChengChan wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 18:14
I believe Commander role is not about at command center only, but to lead his marines to victory planetside. If you are not a good fighter then how come us marines trust you to lead us? Commander is all around, man.

Half of marines died but I guess you don't care about the marines maybe you just wanted the Commander role. Sorry for a bit harsh, I've observe you are talking back to someone else when they insulted you, let them hate or judge you just don't talk back since you are a high rank officer(XO).

I am going for -1 for this since low effort and you did not answer my question well.
That's fine,any kind of feedback helps. Although i had no idea what else to write in the app i guess it wasnt enough.
Connor Anderson

Novus Luna
Byond: Novus Luna

Post by Novus Luna » 07 Sep 2018, 11:22

I've not seen you directly play CIC, but what I have seen you play is...beyond troubling. Most of the time you are rather neglectful of your duties to the degree of criminal neglect and callous to those around you. Between that and this rather hollow application, as well as that which has already been said, I'd throw a -1 into the ring as well.

Memesky

Post by Memesky » 07 Sep 2018, 12:31

Novus Luna wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 11:22
I've not seen you directly play CIC, but what I have seen you play is...beyond troubling. Most of the time you are rather neglectful of your duties to the degree of criminal neglect and callous to those around you. Between that and this rather hollow application, as well as that which has already been said, I'd throw a -1 into the ring as well.
I am unsure what you mean by this,can you elaborate so i might remember if i did such a thing?
Connor Anderson

Arbs
Byond: Arbs

Post by Arbs » 09 Sep 2018, 19:54

Honestly, I dont find you to be CO material.

While you’ve been playing XO quite often the past days, I havn’t seen much engagement in effectively leading the marines and relaying information/orders. Neither have I found you to have the initiative or the will/determination to get yourself a victory for the marines. So for the most part you’re simply slacking and neglecting your responsibility to the marines that round.

I can tell you’re new, so i guess you’ll improve over time in filling that role. And I strongly encourage you to do so.

But until I’m proved differently and see some positive material from you I will side with a -1 on this app.
Last edited by Arbs on 10 Sep 2018, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.

Trevoriousdafox
Byond: Trevoriousdafox

Post by Trevoriousdafox » 09 Sep 2018, 21:25

I'm sorry but this has got my -1. I don't think you would make a good CO without a lotta practice.
I see you running around half the time ignoring orders as squadie. And as a XO or SO you aren't very engaged with the squads and don't seem every informed on the situation ground side most the time.
Get some more practice in with command roles and try follow orders more often if you are seriously wanting to be a CO. Also stay informed on whats going on ground side.
Edit: Fixed a few typos
~Ellie 'Coffee' Weaver~

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 09 Sep 2018, 23:03

Based on the above responses I am going with a -1

Get some more practice and playtime and good luck in the future

Novus Luna
Byond: Novus Luna

Post by Novus Luna » 10 Sep 2018, 02:18

Memesky wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 12:31
I am unsure what you mean by this,can you elaborate so i might remember if i did such a thing?
You were ordered to be arrested because you were neglecting being a pilot to such a degree, even when people were actively shouting for a flight on your ship - you were just walking around away from the hangar. You had a rather crass attitude about it overall.

Grimreaperx15
Byond: Grimreaperx15

Post by Grimreaperx15 » 10 Sep 2018, 11:18

Novus Luna wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 02:18
You were ordered to be arrested because you were neglecting being a pilot to such a degree, even when people were actively shouting for a flight on your ship - you were just walking around away from the hangar. You had a rather crass attitude about it overall.
I also recall this incident, -1 for me. If you can't handle PO, I don't think you can handle CO.

Urytion
Byond: Urytion

Post by Urytion » 10 Sep 2018, 11:34

No no no.

I've been on his CIC before. He is beyond useless. He is practically mute half the time, doesn't use announcements, ignores his SOs, and is usually about 15 minutes behind the operation.

The last time he played XO with me he said absolutely fuck all then went AFK without announcing himself. I had to get an MP to remove him and fax high command to place me back in command. TBH I'm surprised he didn't get a command jobban out of it.

The app is low effort, his response to the scenario posed by Cheng makes me worry he just wants to get his smartgun and mateba and do unga.

-1, and that doesn't really express how negatively I feel about this app.
Image Image Image

LaKiller8
Byond: LaKiller8

Post by LaKiller8 » 10 Sep 2018, 17:40

You meme even more than me as XO plus all the incidents mentioned here and the low effort app.

Now to not just be a negative nancy, I think if you play more SO, get more time in, work on the mistakes pointed here you could be a good CO in a few months. It would require to change your character up a bit though.

Thomas Echard

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 12 Sep 2018, 19:22

Resolved - Withdrawn; You can reapply on Oct 9th.
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.