Felix Grabovski - Commander Application

Competent leaders only.
Forum rules
  • Applications that do not follow the application guidelines will be automatically denied, which also invokes the aforementioned wait period before reapplying.
  • Head Staff reserve the right to deny any application if we feel an applicant has had too many bans, negative notes, or other problems to deserve being whitelisted.
  • Give feedback in the form of a +1, Neutral, or -1. Make sure you include your reason for the rating. Just giving single posts with a + or - and no reasoning will result in your post being discarded.
  • Do not shitpost or meme in commander Applications. You will lose your whitelist or ability to be whitelisted.
  • Advertising applications on the forum, in game, or discord is not allowed. Begging for +1/-1 will result in bans
FelixG
Byond: Felix_grabovski

Felix Grabovski - Commander Application

Post by FelixG » 21 Jul 2018, 12:10

Byond ID:
Felix_grabovski
Player name you use the most:
Oleg Akimov
Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link: Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
Yes, I do.

Do you understand how the Battlefield Execution functions?
Yes, It may be used to remove any non MP player from the round if CO deems that player as a threat to leadership and/or operation. However one must be cautious about BE, because it's a double edged sword, and in most cases it will escalate situation.

Do you understand you are not above Marine law, or allowed to enforce it yourself?
Yes, CO must follow Marine Law as any other reasonable officer. Every CO must remember that CMP outranks everyone when it comes to Law enforcement. Furthermore CO must remember that there is whole military police department on Almayer, and his job as CO is to lead and not to police.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
IC: I believe that CO must work under assumption that all department heads and officers are adequately trained and competent, CO should not micromanage( unless it's low pop). So the Job of CO is to provide direction/flexible plan for the Marine force, and change/adapt it during operation. CO must coordinate conglomerate of different departments and roles to achieve if not maximum efficiency but at least some form of cohesion and order.
OOC: First is to provide additional RP. Second is to look after marines force - nothing crushes morale more than silent CIC. Third - to be sure that round is enjoyable for all, including roles such as MT, CL and Research crew. In rares instances - ensure that round is not stagnated.

If a member of your staff is disobeying orders, how would you handle it?
Well first of all I would try and determine possible damage. Then I would try and determine their reasons for such action.
If it's something minor and no damage dealt to mission, I'll warn them either in private talk or over the radio. There is no reason to escalate something minor.
If they cannot provide reason or plausible explanation for such action or they are blatantly disobeying orders, trowing insults - I'll have them brigged.
If they won't give me any reason or explanation and if damage was dealt or if they actively undermining leadership, I would think about using BE.

Why should you be whitelisted?
I've been playing CM for more than year now and I believe I'm capable enough to try this high RP role.
I got experience with all accessible (shipside and groundside) roles and I believe I'm competent, and have knowledge of most common errors and grievances of corresponding departments. I've been aCO on multiple occasions and I think I did good job.

Frans_Feiffer
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Re: Felix Grabovski - Commander Application

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 21 Jul 2018, 14:59

I'm gonna stay Neutral for now, but I'm leaning towards a +1. I haven't seen you in-game too often, but from the times I have, you've seemed like a chill dude. You say you have played all accessible roles, and while I believe that, how much of that has been spent in the good ol' CIC? knowing all roles and understanding their functions is very important, but leading them and telling them how to get that function done is another beast in itself. That and the application, while brief, does answer all questions, and I do have to say I'm fine with your answers. Just in my opinion play a little more XO/SO so I and others can see how you lead, and I'll be more inclined to change my answer to +1. At the moment though, I'm gonna wait and see what others have to say. Good luck and here's to seeing you as CO in the future!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Commander, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam and loving caretaker of the Ungas aboard the USS Almayer.

Predator Application: - viewtopic.php?f=127&t=17584 - Denied, July 15th 2018.
Commander Application: - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008 - Accepted, July 29th 2018.
Moderator Application: - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18263 - Accepted, August 11th, 2018.

FelixG
Byond: Felix_grabovski

Post by FelixG » 21 Jul 2018, 16:56

Thanks for feedback! Well, I spend fair amount of time in CIC, mostly as XO ( although it's kind of hard to roll nowadays), often in understaffed CIC (timezone thing).

Frans_Feiffer
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 21 Jul 2018, 18:01

Ah, I see. Sucks we're in different time zones, so it's harder to roleplay with ya, however if you can run the OP while being in an understaffed CIC, and do it well enough everyone doesn't hate you by the end of it, then i'd say you have what it takes to play CO. I know I said I'd wait for other comments, but you won me over, hah. +1 and to you good sir, good luck. Understaffed CIC is always fun to do, but it's definitely a hassle when it wants to be.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Commander, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam and loving caretaker of the Ungas aboard the USS Almayer.

Predator Application: - viewtopic.php?f=127&t=17584 - Denied, July 15th 2018.
Commander Application: - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008 - Accepted, July 29th 2018.
Moderator Application: - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18263 - Accepted, August 11th, 2018.

Kavlo
Admin
Admin
Byond: Kavlo
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/pro

Post by Kavlo » 30 Jul 2018, 06:17

I've seen you a good bit ingame and this application is pretty alright.

+1.
Lochlann Healy the Marine Here's my good ol' dossier!

Mentor : 28th November 2016
Mod : 14th February 2017
Admin : 7th June 2017
Retired : 4th January 2018
Mod : 20th April 2018

Sargeantmuffinman
Senior Mentor
Senior Mentor

Post by Sargeantmuffinman » 30 Jul 2018, 11:10

Come on people, we kinda need more feed back.

And I do see you in-game from time to time.
George S.Patton once said:No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

I don't like cute things.

Good hunting.

Bancrosexd
Byond: Bancrose

Post by Bancrosexd » 10 Aug 2018, 05:01

You're an old player by the looks of it, and I have nothing bad to say about you since I don't really see all that much. Which is fine since its probably a timezone thing. So if I could see just a few rounds with you as SO or XO I can probably give you a +1.

Just going to stay neutral at the moment.
Kommandant Heinz 'Wulfe' Meuller | Commander Arthur Montgomery

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization." - Erwin Rommel

"Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear." - Bernard L. Montgomery

Image | Image

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 10 Aug 2018, 10:11

I've seen Oleg plenty of times and he's not bald. Application looks fine as well
Godspeed Commander
+1
Julio "Ay Caramba" Borras - The Mexican Comandante/Officer Extraordinaire | Christoph "Panzer" Hund - The German Tanker/Pilot/MT