Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Locked
User avatar
Frans_Feiffer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 302
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 22:52
Location: Travelling across Sol aboard the Bebop.
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 06 Aug 2018, 06:27

Byond ID: Frans_Feiffer

Colonial Marines Character: Frans 'Friendly' Feiffer

Age: 16 (Turning 17 on the 7th)

Gender: Male

Timezone: UTC-5

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

- With School starting back up soon, I am available roughly 21 hours (3hrs a day, give or take.) at the least throughout the week.

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?

- No, I have never been apart of staff for any other server in ss13 or otherwise.

Did you play any of the previous Colonial Marine servers?

- No, I did not.

What are the 3 biggest servers you play on besides CM?

- I have played maybe 3 or 4 rounds of Paradise, but other then that I really only play CM.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:

- viewtopic.php?f=127&t=17584 - Denied Predator app.
- viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18008 - Accepted CO app.
- I applied for Mentor via pm to Jerkface a while back. I will pm him shortly stating I'm applying for Moderator, and no longer for Mentor.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?

- No, I am not.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?

- No, I have never been banned for more than 24 hours on CM.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?

- I have never been banned for more then 24 hours on any server.

Are you familiar with the chat program Slack (its use is required)?

- I have it installed, but I have never used it. I'm more then willing though to take the time to learn it's interface.

Common Staff Situations:
Write a description of what you would do in each of the following situations. Do not write on the same line as the situation - use the space below it or make space as needed. Failure to do this proves your inability to follow instructions and your application will be automatically denied.

1. A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.

- I would investigate the situation by sending a PM to the player and ask them why they shot the other player, while also checking logs to determine if it were an accident or on purpose. If it were an accident, then I would advise them to be more careful in the future and let the MPs continue their job. If it was on purpose, I would ask why he did it and get the victims side of the story to determine if there was roleplay to it, or not. If it were roleplayed out then I'd let the MPs do their job as it's a violation of Marine Law. If the situation had little or no Roleplay to it then I would check the players notes to see if it were a repeat violation of rules, or a first time offense and decide upon the bare minimum punishment I could give to the player. Once the punishment is decided upon, I would tell them the punishment dished out and why, i.e. the rule that was broken in the process (Rule 16. Lethal Force.)

2. The ship has a breach to space and a bunch of players have died or are dying as a result.

- As far as I know this is no longer able to happen, but on the off chance it does, I would investigate, and alert an Admin ingame or via Slack and warn them of the breach. I would question those affected about how they came about it, while also checking logs to determine why the breach was caused in the first place. If any of the players were the cause of the hole, I would talk with them to determine whether it was on purpose or not and how/why they did it. If it were to harm other players I warn would them this is a violation of Rule 2, and punish them accordingly. If it unintentionally hurt the other players, then I would figure out how they did it and have a bug report filed so devs could prevent it from happening again, and warn the player not to do it again as nicely as possible.

3. You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost.

- I would PM the player and ask nicely if they were new to the game and would like some assistance. If so, then I would contact a Mentor to help them find their way. If there weren't any Mentors available however, then I would assist them to their prep and send a link to the getting started page of the wiki and whatever else they need to get them back on track, all the while answering questions or concerns they might have as necessary.

4. A player is being very rude to you in Adminhelps and requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.

- I would do my best to diffuse the situation, explaining I'm here to help them with concerns they may have and to stay calm and determine if the situation needed a higherup, or if it were something I could deal with. It's understandable they may be upset, so I would try to work through it. if it were something I could deal with, then I would do just that and continue onward, however if it were something I could not deal with or resolve then I would look for a higherup online or on ping to resolve the issue.

5. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that: They've used the name for several years, no one has told them to change it before, and that they didn't know it was a rule.

- I would link them to the rules/rules clarification threads as well as inform them that their name is in violation of our rules and that they need to change it despite using it for several years. If a staff member asks you to change your name, then you must change it to something that fits the rules. Afterwards I would check their notes to determine if they had been warned before or not and make a note that I requested their name to be changed.

6. You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

- I would leave the MPs to deal with him, as I believe this is an IC issue, and something I shouldn't interfere in unless he is causing damage to the ship or others without proper reason. If there were no MPs to deal with him though, and it called for it, then I would PM him, informing him he is not allowed to have armor or a Rifle during Code green and ask if he would like a Mentor to assist him.

7. You see a Squad Medic performing surgery on the planet. He claims it was because there were no doctors in the FOB.

- If I remember correctly, this is impossible now due to the skill system, but on the off chance I ran across this, I would inform the player that they are in violation of the rules 4 and 19, No Powergaming and Act your given role. Then I would check his notes to determine if this were a repeat offense or not and give him the proper punishment accordingly. Anything more then a warning, and I'd inform him of his punishment before dishing it out and make a note of it.

8. The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

- I would encourage either side to make a move, by sending a message to the queen to call the Dropship down, bring the fight to the Tallhosts and make sure her Children's deaths were not in vain, or to go down as a hive that fought till their last breaths. Or send a fax to the Commander/Marine side telling them the enemy is weak (assuming an ARES scan provided this information beforehand) and now is the time to act. If this doesn't work, then i'd send another promising them a raise or Pizza if they Finish the OP. The goal isn't too interfere with the game and break Immersion, however I can see where this could be annoying if it went on for too long and showed no signs of ending soon, so in that regard, ensuring they make a move is vital, especially when the numbers are as low as they are.

9. The round ends, a MARINE starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member Adminhelps complaining he was killed after the round ended.

- I would respond to the CLF Member calmly, and refer them to the rules, Explaining that after a round ends this would only be punishable if they were friendlies, however CLF and USCM are not friendly under normal circumstances so this would be an IC issue and therefore not punishable.

10. A marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start.

- I would investigate by checking logs, and PM the player as to why he was doing what he was doing. If there was no valid reason RPwise for him to do such, then I would check notes to determine if this was a repeat offense or a first time thing. If a first time thing, I would warn him that he was in violation of Rule 3. Griefing, and make a note, but if he had repeatedly done this I would check to see if he had been banned before for this, then issue the bare minimum ban I can, depending on how often he violated the Rule and previous bans and make a note of it. I'd also tell him of his punishment and why he was being punished.

11. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him.

- This is a violation of rule 16, for it is improper Escalation. I would check the Players notes to determine whether this is a repeat offense or not, then act accordingly. If their notes had no mention of previously doing this, then I would Warn them not to do it again, and make a note of it. If they had previous notes of improper escalation then I would Decide on a ban depending on how many notes they had regarding the Violation of Rule 16. and the severity of each. The goal is to give them a ban, yes but the shortest one I can give in accordance to their repeat offense of breaking the rules.

12. An issue arises that requires Admin+ abilities.

- If this were to happen, then I would inform those in the given round about the issue (Assuming it's something ingame) and tell them to either stay away from it, or not do it depending on what exactly the issue is. It would be dealt with, however it would take a second as I wouldn't have the ability to deal with it. While this is happening I would check for an Admin ingame, and if there wasn't one then I would ask for one on Slack.

13. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.

- I would make a statement that while it may be minor, or funny to some it is in violation of Rule 2 and may not be funny for others, therefore I would appreciate it if they stopped with the comments or kept the comments to themselves. If they continued, then I would send those involved (at the least the one starting it, determined by logs) a PM warning them to knock it off or I'd have to punish them further for their actions.

14. A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.

- Investigate to determine the reasoning behind why the Player opened fire via logs. Aheal all that were killed (depending on the amount of dead, ask for help ahealing those affected) then check notes to determine a ban. If this were there first time doing such a thing, then have them banned for 7 days and make a note explaining why. If this were a repeat Offense then I would still have them banned for 7 days, make a note then request a Perma on the Forums. Under no circumstances can I see this being well roleplayed, justified, or acceptable. Especially with them logging out afterwards preventing the MPs to do their job and apprehend him accordingly.

15. You see a player playing a xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines and die.

- I would investigate by messaging the player and asking of their intent and by checking logs if necessary. They may have bursted, then ran in the direction of death without realizing that was the frontlines. If they were intent on dying though, or there was no reason given to believe it was an accident then I would have them Job banned from Xeno and make a note explaining why. I'd also tell them they were being Job banned and for what reason.

16. You see a xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat.

- I would PM the player, informing them that Xeno is a medium RP role, and that they were violating Rule 19 and need to act their given role. I would then make a note of it and leave it at that.

17. A xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different xeno player complains to you that it's metagaming/failRP to call it a "dropship".

- I would calmly reply to the Xeno player that calling the shuttle a dropship is completely acceptable, as the chat isn't directly the Xeno language, but a translation of it to English, so calling things like the Dropship a dropship are reasonable, and the other Xeno is within the Roleplay guidelines.

18. A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet.

- Investigate by checking logs to see what brought about this and PM the player about their intentions. If they meant something such as the Farwas or other indigenous life that had nothing to do with the Xenos, and is justifiable with RP, then it should be fine, however I would warn them to be more careful in the future with wording and whatnot. If they said it fully knowing they meant it to mean Xenos then I'd warn them they were in violation of Rule 5, and were Metagaming as Marines at Round start do not have any knowledge of the Xenos existence. Warn them, and if need be make a note and leave it at that, lest it continues.

19. A Marine kills another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself.

- I feel this scenario, while uncalled for, is justifiable with RP. Therefore, I would check logs to determine whether or not there was proper Escalation/Roleplay to the players actions, and determine what to do next from there. If there was indeed RP to it and proper Escalation then I would leave it as an IC issue. If the person killed ahelps, I'll inform them that no rules were broken, and that the other person was justified, but apologize that it was at the cost of there life. In the heat of the moment, if that meant life or death for someone in real life I feel most would agree they would chose there own life over another, despite how horrible that may be. If there was no RP to it and it was improper escalation though, then I would warn the player about killing the other, check notes to make sure this isn't a repeat offense then decide if further punishment is necessary accordingly.

20. You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforcing a rule.

- Mistakes can and will happen from time to time. Therefore, I'd send a friendly message to them informing them of the mistake made and of the proper enforcement, then wish them luck. No need to be a dick about it, as they didn't know any better, unless this is a repeated ordeal. Then I feel getting a higherup to talk with them and help them with anything they feel they may not understand fully would be for the best, as continually spreading false info or enforcing rules improperly does more damage then anything.

20a. You see a fellow staff member abusing his powers in-game.

- I would PM my fellow staff member to determine why they were doing what they were doing and if they knew they were doing as such. On the optimistic side, I would hope there were a reason to it, such as if a higherup wanting to test something within reason, but if the staff member in question was abusing their power on purpose without good reason then I would either inform a higherup to have them warned, or make a report depending on the severity. We're a family here, but I prefer my family not to be into illegal activities. Therefore it benefits us all if we keep one another in line and keep one another from getting into shady activities.

21. You see a player talking in OOC chat about what he did with your mom last night.

- Respond to the player calmly, stating that my parents are homosexual men, and that I am adopted to make that player feel bad. Always gets them. In all honesty though, there's no reason to do anything about this, as it is in OOC and words are words. People can say what they want, and that's that. If it becomes an issue in game, then I'd deal with it, but out of game something like this doesn't need any punishment.

Any additional information you'd like to add?

- I am open to any criticisms to be had or questions, so if anyone has anything they'd like to add about my Application, then feel free to do so in the comments, I'll be more then happy to respond when I have a chance. Heck, if anyone has anything outside of this App to ask, then feel free to do so in PMs. Asides that though, CM has become something that I've grown attached too over these last few months due to a lot of the people in it, and the fact I can finally shoot and discuss Xenos with others, so I'd like to do whatever I can to contribute to it and ensure others can enjoy it as much as I do.

Thank you all for reading this, I really appreciate it, regardless of the votes I get. [sign]
Your Friendly Neighborhood Commander, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam and loving caretaker of the Ungas aboard the USS Almayer.

All of my Applications to date!
► Show Spoiler

awan
Dev Team
Dev Team
Posts: 504
Joined: 11 Mar 2018, 18:11
Location: Houten, Utrecht, NL
Byond: Awan
Steam: Awan
Contact:

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by awan » 06 Aug 2018, 07:02

I am going to toss in a few questions I would like you to respond to.
If a question lacks detail add it yourself but tell me what you added.
(For example no question states player notes. If you do an action if their notes are bad mention that they need bad notes for the action to be taken.

1. A player ahelps that the tank is intentionaly running over people how would you resolve this ahelp?

2. You disagree with a call the cmp made on marine law but no one ahelped or faxed about it. What would you do?

3. Tensions rise because the RO denied attachments. The players want to mutiny against the RO. (When) would this be a valid mutiny?

4. Multiple people ahelp about the CL spreading drugs and them now having hallucinations from them. What would you do?

User avatar
Frans_Feiffer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 302
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 22:52
Location: Travelling across Sol aboard the Bebop.
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 06 Aug 2018, 09:03

1. I would check logs to determine if the tank really was doing this on purpose or not. If they were then I would message the Tank driver asking why he was doing it, and warn him politely to please stop, as it sounds like light griefing to me. If it’s because Marines keep running in front of him to get past, or for whatever reason then I would ask him to be more careful, but not punish them unless it continued and caused the deaths of fellow Marines.

2. Even if I disagree, as a mod or staff in general it’s the goal to only intervene when neccesary. Therefore, i’d keep it to myself and let it play out. If no one ahelped or faxed about it, then I imagine the call had no major effect that ruined others games, so no intervention would be necessary, even if I don’t like it the call he made.

3. The only time this Mutiny would be valid would be if the RO was Acting Commander, and the mutineers would need to make an Ahelp after finding 5 players that agree on Mutinying. You can’t mutiny unless it’s against the CO or aCO though, so this happening would be quite unlikely I believe. The other thing to this is that the RO has the right to deny attachments to whoever for whatever reason, so this would be a poor reason to Mutiny. Assuming he was aCO though, if they made an ahelp with 5 or more willing participants, I believe (correct me if i’m wrong) then they can mutiny and it stays an IC issue. I do believe that so long as they have the numbers and a reason, a mutiny can pass, the only reason that an ahelp is made is to ensure the Mutiny/reason behind it is recorded.

4. I went ahead and took to the CL wiki for this one to make sure, but I would make sure that those ahelping knew the hallucinations were side effects of withdrawal due to the pills, and an IC Issue. This could be done either by answering all the ahelps with this explanation, or more easily by marking them as an IC issue then sending an overall message stating this fact. They took the pills that the CL was giving out though, and no rules were broken so I do believe this is nothing but an IC issue and not needing of intervention.

I hope my answers are suitable responses, as I answered to the best of my ability. Thank you for taking the time to ask em’.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Commander, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam and loving caretaker of the Ungas aboard the USS Almayer.

All of my Applications to date!
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NethIafins
Dev Team
Dev Team
Posts: 691
Joined: 20 Nov 2016, 20:32
Location: Ukraine
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin
Contact:

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by NethIafins » 06 Aug 2018, 13:07

More questions for you

1. You find few dead farwas on the planet. After checking you found out that they were killed by the same marine. When PMed they respond that they received order from their higher-up.


2. You are handling adminhelp but it seems you don't know exact ruling on said situation.


3. An admin is running event and player ahelps about mechanics of this event
Image
Image
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

User avatar
Frans_Feiffer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 302
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 22:52
Location: Travelling across Sol aboard the Bebop.
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 06 Aug 2018, 14:06

NethIafins wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 13:07
More questions for you

1. You find few dead farwas on the planet. After checking you found out that they were killed by the same marine. When PMed they respond that they received order from their higher-up.


2. You are handling adminhelp but it seems you don't know exact ruling on said situation.


3. An admin is running event and player ahelps about mechanics of this event
1. I would inquire who the higher-up was, then pm said player to figure out their reasoning for having the Farwas killed. At the moment of making this, I can’t really see a valid reason to have them killed asides maybe seeing the Farwas get hugged or a fellow marine being hugged, so unless given one, I would warn the player that killing them is in violation of Rule 5 and advise them not to do so in the future as this hurts the hive and can be seen as acting upon knowledge your character does not have.

2. If I did not know the exact ruling, then I would check to see if any fellow staff were online and available, then ask them if they knew the ruling. If not online, then i’d check slack and ask for the proper ruling. On the very off chance however that no one was ingame or on slack, or it was taking too long to get an answer then I would reread through the rules to determine what was in violation, check the players notes to see if it were a repeat violation or not then decide upon the bare minimum punishment I could give the player. After all was said in done i’d make a note regarding the situation, and how I got to my conclusion so that if it were ever questioned the note would be right there to show my reasoning and it could be dealt with accordingly.

3. I would first determine whether the mechanics were apart of the players field, and if they were, i’d explain them to the best of my ability to help clarify said mechanics. If it were something I didn’t know, then i’d ask for the Admin to clarify so I can aid the player, or refer them to a Mentor as I feel a Mentor would be best in that situation. If it were something out of their field though, which could be used to metagame then i’d ask that they hold off until the end of the round as if they were to act on that knowledge it would violate rule 5 and could cause problems.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Commander, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam and loving caretaker of the Ungas aboard the USS Almayer.

All of my Applications to date!
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
ThesoldierLLJK
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
Posts: 703
Joined: 29 May 2018, 15:08
Location: Florida
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 06 Aug 2018, 14:13

So I'm just a trial and wont give you these what if scenarios, but all your answers seem fine to me. I know you're a fairly active player in-game and on the forums and aren't a memer. You really try to be helpful for only being in the community as long as I have. You actually remind me of a younger me, not sure if you're stalking me or what, but anyhow I think you would be fine with a trial
+1

User avatar
Frans_Feiffer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 302
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 22:52
Location: Travelling across Sol aboard the Bebop.
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 06 Aug 2018, 14:46

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 14:13
So I'm just a trial and wont give you these what if scenarios, but all your answers seem fine to me. I know you're a fairly active player in-game and on the forums and aren't a memer. You really try to be helpful for only being in the community as long as I have. You actually remind me of a younger me, not sure if you're stalking me or what, but anyhow I think you would be fine with a trial
+1
I really do appreciate it, although I gotta say I think the question everyones asking is who’s stalking who here. Regardless, thank you for your input as it really does help.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Commander, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam and loving caretaker of the Ungas aboard the USS Almayer.

All of my Applications to date!
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NethIafins
Dev Team
Dev Team
Posts: 691
Joined: 20 Nov 2016, 20:32
Location: Ukraine
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin
Contact:

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by NethIafins » 06 Aug 2018, 14:47

Frans_Feiffer wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 14:06
1. I would inquire who the higher-up was, then pm said player to figure out their reasoning for having the Farwas killed. At the moment of making this, I can’t really see a valid reason to have them killed asides maybe seeing the Farwas get hugged or a fellow marine being hugged, so unless given one, I would warn the player that killing them is in violation of Rule 5 and advise them not to do so in the future as this hurts the hive and can be seen as acting upon knowledge your character does not have.

2. If I did not know the exact ruling, then I would check to see if any fellow staff were online and available, then ask them if they knew the ruling. If not online, then i’d check slack and ask for the proper ruling. On the very off chance however that no one was ingame or on slack, or it was taking too long to get an answer then I would reread through the rules to determine what was in violation, check the players notes to see if it were a repeat violation or not then decide upon the bare minimum punishment I could give the player. After all was said in done i’d make a note regarding the situation, and how I got to my conclusion so that if it were ever questioned the note would be right there to show my reasoning and it could be dealt with accordingly.

3. I would first determine whether the mechanics were apart of the players field, and if they were, i’d explain them to the best of my ability to help clarify said mechanics. If it were something I didn’t know, then i’d ask for the Admin to clarify so I can aid the player, or refer them to a Mentor as I feel a Mentor would be best in that situation. If it were something out of their field though, which could be used to metagame then i’d ask that they hold off until the end of the round as if they were to act on that knowledge it would violate rule 5 and could cause problems.
1. Unless stated by the rules, no other player can force you to break server rules

2. What if you are 100% unsure that it is bannable and noone is available? Basically what are your actions if you have to "leave the decision for later"?

3. How would you prepare to answer those questions?
Image
Image
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

User avatar
Frans_Feiffer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 302
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 22:52
Location: Travelling across Sol aboard the Bebop.
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 06 Aug 2018, 15:45

NethIafins wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 14:47
1. Unless stated by the rules, no other player can force you to break server rules

2. What if you are 100% unsure that it is bannable and noone is available? Basically what are your actions if you have to "leave the decision for later"?

3. How would you prepare to answer those questions?
1. I had a feeling, though I wasn’t sure, so I stuck to what I had written. If that’s the case though, then i’d inform the player that no one forced him to kill the Farwas, and that if a higherup in the future asks him to do something that he thinks may be metagaming to ahelp it, which then my original answer would cover. I’d give him a warning, but nothing further as he was just following orders.

2. I would then apologize and inform the player that I am unsure whether or not the player who caused the situation has committed a bannable offense, and explain no one else is available at the moment. Then I’d give a warning to the player who caused the situation not to do whatever they did again, and take note of the situation. After the fact, I would leave a message on slack about the situation so that when someone else available could see it, they may be able to inform me whether or not the issue is bannable to ensure I don’t make the same mistake again in the future.

3. First and foremost I would have the wiki ready so not only could I link them to the appropriate information, but so I myself could read up on it and answer accordingly. If it were something not available on the wiki, then i’d ask the Admin running the event about the mechanic then get back to the player once I had an answer. I’m not exactly sure how much the wiki covers events, nor how much i’m allowed to share about the events mechanics, so if the wiki does not have the information I need, then i’d ask the Admin, if the Admin say’s i’m not able to share that info till after the round or otherwise then i’d inform the player politely that I can’t disclose the info. If I am though, then i’d tell the player what they need to know to ensure they can enjoy the round and do their job.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Commander, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam and loving caretaker of the Ungas aboard the USS Almayer.

All of my Applications to date!
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NethIafins
Dev Team
Dev Team
Posts: 691
Joined: 20 Nov 2016, 20:32
Location: Ukraine
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin
Contact:

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by NethIafins » 06 Aug 2018, 16:06

Alright, answers are acceptable.
+1
Image
Image
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST

User avatar
Jaketeaking
Admin
Admin
Posts: 366
Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 09:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Jaketeaking » 08 Aug 2018, 17:46

based on responses to neth's questioning, +1.
The man known as James 'patch' Alfonse. also gets called hotdog and "lemon.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity" - General George S Patton
WO first ever round -- only doctor.
WOv2 - First ever CO to survive more than 30 minutes, thanks to the help of bravo, charlie, delta, and flex the madman who killed at least 30 using an MG turret and an epic bombardment
Image
https://snag.gy/I60qtG.jpg -- an average CM round for me
Image

awan
Dev Team
Dev Team
Posts: 504
Joined: 11 Mar 2018, 18:11
Location: Houten, Utrecht, NL
Byond: Awan
Steam: Awan
Contact:

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by awan » 08 Aug 2018, 17:54

I asked questions but never went into your replies.
Apologies, I kinda forgot to get around to it.

So first the original questions.
► Show Spoiler
The additional questions
► Show Spoiler
So far there are no major red flags so ill +1

User avatar
Frans_Feiffer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 302
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 22:52
Location: Travelling across Sol aboard the Bebop.
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 09 Aug 2018, 00:24

awan wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 17:54
I asked questions but never went into your replies.
Apologies, I kinda forgot to get around to it.

So first the original questions.
► Show Spoiler
The additional questions
► Show Spoiler
So far there are no major red flags so ill +1
It’s all good, probably would’ve helped if I had quoted your message so you’d see it sooner, hah.

As for your questions/comments, I enjoyed answering them, and upon reading your criticisms as well as rereading my own answers I can see where I could improve, and better solutions to certain scenarios if I run across them as a trial. I feel now that I have a better idea as to how to handle these scenarios if I run into them, as well as it showed off my thinking for you guys to gauge and base your votes on. So all in all, thank you.
Jaketeaking wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 17:46
based on responses to neth's questioning, +1.
Thank you kindly.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Commander, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam and loving caretaker of the Ungas aboard the USS Almayer.

All of my Applications to date!
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Symbiosis
Registered user
Posts: 658
Joined: 17 Apr 2017, 12:13
Byond: Symbiosis

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Symbiosis » 09 Aug 2018, 09:24

Friendly, helpful, great person OOC, one of the top RP’ers on the server. Top notch applicant.

I hope to see them keeping folks in line. +1
Cliff "Chubs" Campbell

"Hey, did anyone bring any food with them?”

Thwei Kv’var - Blood Hunter

User avatar
Kavlo
Admin
Admin
Posts: 637
Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 11:35
Location: Ireland
Byond: Kavlo
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/pro

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Kavlo » 09 Aug 2018, 10:37

Good app, good player, active both ingame and on the forums and to top it off it was his birthday yesterday so now I gotta give them something.

+1.

Ps. Happy late birthday.
Lochlann Healy the Marine Here's my good ol' dossier!

Image
Image

Mentor : 28th November 2016
Mod : 14th February 2017
Admin : 7th June 2017
Retired : 4th January 2018
Mod : 20th April 2018
Admin : 19th September 2018

User avatar
Frans_Feiffer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 302
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 22:52
Location: Travelling across Sol aboard the Bebop.
Byond: Frans_Feiffer
Steam: Xmangames3

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Frans_Feiffer » 09 Aug 2018, 20:06

Symbiosis wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 09:24
Friendly, helpful, great person OOC, one of the top RP’ers on the server. Top notch applicant.

I hope to see them keeping folks in line. +1
I really do appreciate it man. Thank you for your comment, and I’ll do my best for ya, chubs.
Kavlo wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 10:37
Good app, good player, active both ingame and on the forums and to top it off it was his birthday yesterday so now I gotta give them something.

+1.

Ps. Happy late birthday.
Even if it’s late, Thank you Kavlo for the birthday wishes, as well as the comment. I waited to make this app until I felt I was decently active both ingame and on the forums enough so that if I do become a mod I can be on and contribute where I can as much as i’m able.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Commander, Frans ‘Friendly’ Feiffer. Survivor of Space Vietnam and loving caretaker of the Ungas aboard the USS Almayer.

All of my Applications to date!
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
frozentsbgg
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 11:22
Byond: frozentsbgg

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by frozentsbgg » 10 Aug 2018, 01:31

I'd be more than happy to see Frans have a shot as a trial.
Easily a +1

User avatar
Lumdor
Admin
Admin
Posts: 480
Joined: 03 Jan 2017, 00:15
Byond: Lumdor

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Lumdor » 10 Aug 2018, 06:54

I'll throw my +1 out there, and say the same thing everyone else has said, you're a great in-game, and I have no doubts you'll be a great moderator.
Bob Shoe Kar’Tar Image

User avatar
Imperator_Titan
Managers
Managers
Posts: 792
Joined: 05 Oct 2016, 13:14
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Byond: Imperator_Titan

Re: Frans_Feiffer - Moderator Application

Post by Imperator_Titan » 11 Aug 2018, 04:57

Accepted. Check your inbox.

Locked