User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Predators, Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh i agree with Cabal and Santiago Delgado. There is no point in RPing with preds cause i don't want to instant die and lose my round. So i ignore preds as marine and as xenos will 100% try to runaway to heal then de-evo just to get away from them wanting to fight me.

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    na bro preds are easy to kill. I would know i hunt them because I'm HRP, you just gotta you know click the sprite which is hard for most people for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    preds are easy to kill just click on the sprite with AP ammo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Not true. They bring variety to stale old boring xeno vs marine combat.
    That's a very perverse way to bring variety to such a game. Wouldn't say XvH combat is boring or stale, especially compared with fights vs preds. But that is coming from someone who enjoys non-combat aspect of CM more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuv View Post
    Predators are fine, they aren't OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    They aren’t op
    Ah, my bad then.
    Last edited by Big Man; 05-11-2022 at 10:15 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Man View Post
    That's a very perverse way to bring variety to such a game. Wouldn't say XvH combat is boring or stale, especially compared with fights vs preds. But that is coming from someone who enjoys non-combat aspect of CM more.
    At this point it is probably more than 5 years of the same XvM combat loop. Nothing has changed much, sure MOBA got added then removed, maturity was removed, combat hugging got removed, mutators were added then removed, three castes got added, but it is still the same and with each day it stays the same, but stales more and more. Buckshot meta is the prime evidence of that, since never buckshot wasn't the meta to fight xenos. All those changes, all this stuff and still high burst dmg close range is the best way to fight them. The same goes for Xenos, years of the same stuff every round.

With preds, one can experience variety of combat. In a duel, you can even use reliably melee weaponry to fight. When did you ever used melee on xenos outside scout spec? Preds have smart discs that present AI combat opportunity, they have traps that change the way you can move if you get caught. They have front pounce resistance, changing a bit the way lurker and runner have to fight them, they can hold a weapon that can be "disarmed" (via explosives/pounces etc), thus introducing another mechanic that marines never experience fighting xenos. They fight 1vs1, which is a thing both sides rarely truly experience, without having to worry about interruption. Preds don't rely on stun, thus are different from xenos for marines and preds don't rely on ranged combat, thus are different from marines for xenos.

One could go on and on. Marine vs Xeno combat is stale and boring. One would ask himself why HvH/Zombie/anything not involving xenos events bring 200+ pop immediately if marine vs xeno combat is still fresh and cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point it is probably more than 5 years of the same XvM combat loop.
    With preds, one can experience variety of combat.
    One could go on and on. Marine vs Xeno combat is stale and boring. One would ask himself why HvH/Zombie/anything not involving xenos events bring 200+ pop immediately if marine vs xeno combat is still fresh and cool.
    Attempting to click each other to death in a stuttery 2d game is hardly a way to fix allegedly boring XvM combat that involve so much. And if you're complaining about no significant change for 5 years, I can't see how preds can alleviate that. Makes sense to go and play something else altogether. That's what I do when I feel I had enough of CM. And certainly not somthing along the lines "oh boy, time for some epic pred-killing! That is way more fun than a myriad of marine roles shipside/groundside". If you somehow enjoy that, well, whatever floats your boat I guess. I just believe you're perspective is very subjective, and you're just making arguments to prove the point you're invested in, no offence.

Decent event vs preds is hardly an adequate comparison. And don't take it to the extreme, I never said it's "fresh and cool". But the situation is far from being as desperate as to warrant preds, that, and I stand by my point, are interfering with round flow and are too powerfull - yeah, they can be killed by a swarm of marines - see former point though - but I would never engage them (as some other marines wouldn't) because I actually came to play CM, not a pure 2d-combat simulator that can potentially put me out of the round for good.
    Last edited by Big Man; 05-11-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attempting to click each other to death in a stuttery 2d game is hardly a way to fix allegedly boring XvM combat that involve so much. And if you're complaining about no significant change for 5 years, I can't see how preds can alleviate that. Makes sense to go and play something else altogether. That's what I do when I feel I had enough of CM.
    No, I'm not truly compaining that benos didn't had a significant change for 5, or more years. I ask for variety in combat, not xeno changes. Xenos are fine they way they are, but they aren't fine for every round for those 5, or more years. The idea of marines not knowing (OOC and IC) what will greet them groundside was flowing for quite some time. Having a random chance for CLF/UPP/Mercs/WY HvH once in a few rounds. This is what would solve the stale old boring XvM combat, not changing the xenos for new status quo that will become stale and boring after a month or so.

There should be no denying that CM presents unique gameplay that barely any other game has with its world, lore (flawed yes, but hey, can't have a world without a grenade worshipping cult, or alien nomad cavemen on the verge of extintion, due to their world dying, brainstorming to the interstellar space age) and Role Play.

And certainly not somthing along the lines "oh boy, time for some epic pred-killing! That is way more fun than a myriad of marine roles shipside/groundside". If you somehow enjoy that, well, whatever floats your boat I guess. I just believe you're perspective is very subjective, and you're just making arguments to prove the point you're invested in, no offence.
    I do enjoy combat and RP, while you can't have good RP every round, you can have good combat very frequently. And surely killing a pred 1vs1 is way more fun that every shipside role combined (with exclusion of OT and researchers, who can be very fun to the people who enjoy brainstorming explosive mixes and drugs) and gives a lot of RP potential.

Also, I don't think it's too subjective. There should be no denial that preds just existing is adding a bit of variety, because they don't show up every round and they aren't benomorphs. Even if there would be literally 0 fighting, or even talking with them. They would just run past, on the verge of your screen, cause MD beeps, sometimes laugh from off-screen etc, and this would be enough to break slightly the repeating cycle of wake up, eat, arm up, deploy, shoot, die/kill, win/lose, repeat.

Decent event vs preds is hardly an adequate comparison.
    Sure, not all events are good, but atleast they break the monotony. Especially pred events where staff has to ask council of beetroot for their input (and we all saw how much of RP types they are). But yeah, pred events aren't representative of pred interactions during normal rounds.

And don't take it to the extreme, I never said it's "fresh and cool".
    Well, "stale" is the medium stage between "rotten" and "fresh", so it isn't much of extreme. But sure, lets not argue semantics.

But the situation is far from being as desperate as to warrant preds, that, and I stand by my point, are interfering with round flow and are too powerfull - yeah, they can be killed by a swarm of marines - see former point though - but I would never engage them (as some other marines wouldn't) because I actually came to play CM, not a pure 2d-combat simulator that can potentially put me out of the round for good.
    I would argue that the situation is that "bad". While now preds existing is atleast something, I could easly see their removal from normal rounds with introduction of random non-admin run HvH. Preds aren't the best solution to the "problem" (for me it is problem, if somebody doesn't feel like after all those years XvM is stale, well, its like their opinion as good as mine), but they are atleast something.
    I also fail to see how engaging preds puts you in any bigger risk than enaging xenos. You might walk with few marines trough the map and get jumped by lurker gang, get slashed to crit, be vored and then transported to the hive to die just after being capped, or you might enage xenos near their structures just for some random door to open and warrior to grab you by the marinussy and throw you behind their lines, or shoot xenos on the open field just to get screeched and rot in T-Fort, because xenos put a bit of pressure on LZ, or rush the hive just to get yeeted by oppressor prae to never again see the light of day.

You got council of beetroot members here, ask them why predators are so vital to the CM that they can't be removed

Atleast while enaging preds, they might be so nice to drop you next to a medic, or even give you thwei so you will get deffibed without a single broken bone. Not to mention potential RP, you can become a thrall (never seen one myself, even as a ghost, but there is possiblity if wind blows from the east and it is friday the 30th of feburary), you can talk with them about something, the sky is the limit here.
    HvH would have bigger RP potential with taking prisoners, not shooting medics and stuff, but hey, what RP you can get with benos? Grab an egg from dead carrier, plant it next to a monkey in research and then look at as it spin like that toy for retards trough the glass?
    However I'm not asking/commanding you to engage preds, do what you like best, no problemo. You aren't a pussy for not wanting to have anything with them, I perfectly understand your position on this matter.
    Last edited by CABAL; 05-11-2022 at 02:58 PM.

Yautja Council Member Joe Lampost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I'm not truly compaining that benos didn't had a significant change for 5, or more years. I ask for variety in combat, not xeno changes. Xenos are fine they way they are, but they aren't fine for every round for those 5, or more years. The idea of marines not knowing (OOC and IC) what will greet them groundside was flowing for quite some time. Having a random chance for CLF/UPP/Mercs/WY HvH once in a few rounds. This is what would solve the stale old boring XvM combat, not changing the xenos for new status quo that will become stale and boring after a month or so.

There should be no denying that CM presents unique gameplay that barely any other game has with its world, lore (flawed yes, but hey, can't have a world without a grenade worshipping cult, or alien nomad cavemen on the verge of extintion, due to their world dying, brainstorming to the interstellar space age) and Role Play.

I do enjoy combat and RP, while you can't have good RP every round, you can have good combat very frequently. And surely killing a pred 1vs1 is way more fun that every shipside role combined (with exclusion of OT and researchers, who can be very fun to the people who enjoy brainstorming explosive mixes and drugs) and gives a lot of RP potential.

Also, I don't think it's too subjective. There should be no denial that preds just existing is adding a bit of variety, because they don't show up every round and they aren't benomorphs. Even if there would be literally 0 fighting, or even talking with them. They would just run past, on the verge of your screen, cause MD beeps, sometimes laugh from off-screen etc, and this would be enough to break slightly the repeating cycle of wake up, eat, arm up, deploy, shoot, die/kill, win/lose, repeat.

Sure, not all events are good, but atleast they break the monotony. Especially pred events where staff has to ask council of beetroot for their input (and we all saw how much of RP types they are). But yeah, pred events aren't representative of pred interactions during normal rounds.

Well, "stale" is the medium stage between "rotten" and "fresh", so it isn't much of extreme. But sure, lets not argue semantics.

I would argue that the situation is that "bad". While now preds existing is atleast something, I could easly see their removal from normal rounds with introduction of random non-admin run HvH. Preds aren't the best solution to the "problem" (for me it is problem, if somebody doesn't feel like after all those years XvM is stale, well, its like their opinion as good as mine), but they are atleast something.
    I also fail to see how engaging preds puts you in any bigger risk than enaging xenos. You might walk with few marines trough the map and get jumped by lurker gang, get slashed to crit, be vored and then transported to the hive to die just after being capped, or you might enage xenos near their structures just for some random door to open and warrior to grab you by the marinussy and throw you behind their lines, or shoot xenos on the open field just to get screeched and rot in T-Fort, because xenos put a bit of pressure on LZ, or rush the hive just to get yeeted by oppressor prae to never again see the light of day.

You got council of beetroot members here, ask them why predators are so vital to the CM that they can't be removed

Atleast while enaging preds, they might be so nice to drop you next to a medic, or even give you thwei so you will get deffibed without a single broken bone. Not to mention potential RP, you can become a thrall (never seen one myself, even as a ghost, but there is possiblity if wind blows from the east and it is friday the 30th of feburary), you can talk with them about something, the sky is the limit here.
    HvH would have bigger RP potential with taking prisoners, not shooting medics and stuff, but hey, what RP you can get with benos? Grab an egg from dead carrier, plant it next to a monkey in research and then look at as it spin like that toy for retards trough the glass?
    However I'm not asking/commanding you to engage preds, do what you like best, no problemo. You aren't a pussy for not wanting to have anything with them, I perfectly understand your position on this matter.
    I Personally believe everything needs to be less tanky and slowed down humans, xenos and preds included I want to see a reworked pain system that would also effect preds more than it does now, i would also like to see the medicomp finished but thats a long way off i feel, so preds cannot just heal mid combat. when these changes are made then we can "rebalance" predators around this but for now preds cannot have bone break or reduced health. An argument can be made for reduced armour which I am fine with. With the speed everything goes now I could just go marine shoot the pred three times in the foot with an L42 and I would then be faster than the pred with light armour. Like i said if everything was less tanky and slower then you could add these features back to pred but for now they need to be this strong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usnpeepoo View Post
    They aren’t op
    I ignored the rest of the thread past this point. I disagree with this.

Predator balance is based on the few players who engage preds and know how to fight and kill them. The average marine doesn't have a fucking milkshake's chance in hell with their standard issue equipment doing fuck all against the absurd amounts of armor, and that's assuming they are by chance aiming at the right spot. If you want to actively fight and kill a predator, you need to bring a specialized loadout or special ammunition to go kill them, because buckshot and standard rounds do almost no damage. Even in squads, if marines have standard equipment they will be wiped. Predators have too much armor, making them in a sense "Overpowered" due to their ridiculous survivability, forcing you to bring AP ammo and not much else. It's dumb using rifles every single pred fight because your shotgun does 18 damage to the 200 healthpool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    I ignored the rest of the thread past this point. I disagree with this.

Predator balance is based on the few players who engage preds and know how to fight and kill them. The average marine doesn't have a fucking milkshake's chance in hell with their standard issue equipment doing fuck all against the absurd amounts of armor, and that's assuming they are by chance aiming at the right spot. If you want to actively fight and kill a predator, you need to bring a specialized loadout or special ammunition to go kill them, because buckshot and standard rounds do almost no damage. Even in squads, if marines have standard equipment they will be wiped. Predators have too much armor, making them in a sense "Overpowered" due to their ridiculous survivability, forcing you to bring AP ammo and not much else. It's dumb using rifles every single pred fight because your shotgun does 18 damage to the 200 healthpool.
    That’s p much what I meant by not being OP if you know how to kill them. I don’t disagree that the average marine (which are the people salting about preds in this thread) can’t come close to 1v1ing a pred with whatever standard loadout they took. There doesn’t seem to be much of a push to make preds have less of their survivability. But regardless they aren’t OP if you have the right ammo/loadout I should’ve rephrased it better. I do believe that a standard marine should be able to hold their ground against preds, and having basic ammo being on par/near AP damage on preds would be a great start. Would alleviate players who are running stock M41A’s with regular ammo getting shit on by a pred.