Their BYOND Key
    time_urss
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    19:20
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    Determine the bare minimum punishment.
    Description of the incident
    so i was CL and was assisting research in their efforts to make greenos, hijack comes and we lose research which is where the infected monkey is, the xenos kill it but we are able to push back to the body
    a marine comes along and for no reason just starts bayoneting the body, i and the major tell him to stop but he continues and so i had killed him with a spear

my reasoning is because if he causes the monkey to perma, we would be severely be down in manpower without a queen on our side, queens can easily make up 15 marines with how strong they are and this marine is sabootaging our efforts

now from an in character point of view, imagine putting an operations worth of research infront of you eyes and have it destroyed, inciting anger from their actions including the confusion and nature of the situation that is occuring, it would be enough to make you not care about you actions

i personally feel like this could have been an exceptional circumstance with the lives of all marines on board at stake and also that the major was in the room and he had a gun in hand, disarming him may have been more dangerous also considering how both the exceptional circumstances examples are much less than effectively killing a killing machine on the marines side even after being told not to by the major
    Evidence
    logs
    What resolution are you seeking?
    just the note removed

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs

Attack logs, note there are no logs of monkey attack cause they're not saved.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp sent

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ghost chat from victim
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mod/Mistermoon Conversation

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was witness to the monkey killing. Marines were indeed pressed. That Greeno could have saved us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was on at the time and advising Time through the ahelp, might as well throw my opinion in. I seriously doubt ONE greeno who's not even bound to be friendly btw, would save the marines, especially because no other monkeys were infected. You arguing it was an extreme situation imo is not valid, for the reason I just stated, one greeno would not decide the fate of the round.
    Last edited by Tez; 05-07-2022 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even if there wasnt enough time for a hive, the 1 queen may have been enough to win us the round, ive seen queen vs xeno combat and they absolutely merk xenos considering the worst fate to a xeno is a stun so i dont personally agree with your idea of 1 xeno isnt enough, and like duke said, marines were under alot of pressure from xenos and could lose at any moment, the greeno was our only way to get a secured victory and the player had directly sabootaged our efforts to achieve it
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reviewing, I am of the opinion that Time_URSS was correct in the call that the 'Exceptional Circumstances' clause does not apply here. The CL was not under attack or in immediate danger from the individual they killed. During Hijack, there is risk of imminent death for everyone, but the increased global risk doesn't let one bypass escalation rules based on a threat in the abstract. (In this case, that recovering and restoring the dead infected monkey would make the CL and marines safer.)

Report is denied.