Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checkpoint situation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Tank situation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Window knocking situation
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ceyella's arrest situation & Kol Steel being shot.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ceyella's arrest, take two.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ExGame; 03-07-2019 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Forgot some logs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I was there to handle the situation. The tank running through "a crate" as stated in the report is completeley false. The tank openly ran through shutters knowing full well what they were doing before running several people over.

As for the appeal. Marine law states that either the Cmp XO or Co can hear the appeal. Bowser burnt the paper after hearing out their appeal as the cmp and denying it. There is no provision that a prisoner has a right of who they appeal to. Only that an appeal is handled by XO Cmp or Co.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Ceyella
    Quote Originally Posted by Taketheshot56 View Post
    Yes I was there to handle the situation. The tank running through "a crate" as stated in the report is completeley false. The tank openly ran through shutters knowing full well what they were doing before running several people over.

As for the appeal. Marine law states that either the Cmp XO or Co can hear the appeal. Bowser burnt the paper after hearing out their appeal as the cmp and denying it. There is no provision that a prisoner has a right of who they appeal to. Only that an appeal is handled by XO Cmp or Co.
    I admit to having the tank situation wrong, as far as i knew all they had done was run over a crate, as a MP ran into alamo talking about looking for them and a crate came up. thats my bad.

As for the paper, it was signed, but not dated, and was my appeal. it was a incredible dick move, to just burn it, then another MP act like it never existed in the first place.

As per the wiki; Appeal Sentence in a timely manner

Prisoners have the right to appeal their sentence to the Chief MP, Commanding Officer, Executive Officer or someone they designate. However, the Chief MP has final say on all appeals and may override anyone except the CO. If none of the above persons are present, an MP different from the one that ordered the arrest must conduct the appeal. During an appeal, the person conducting it is expected to review all evidence and testimonies of the suspect's crimes. Should they conclude the suspect is innocent, ONLY the time for the crimes they are innocent of is to be removed. Under no circumstances may anyone be given a pardon (unless the CO uses his right to pardon) if there is evidence that shows a crime was committed.

i designated the XO, or CO. perferring the CO. the CMP cannot overrride CO, which he did. the CO also gave his permission to pardon me, with the allowed. " Under no circumstances may anyone be given a pardon (unless the CO uses his right to pardon) if there is evidence that shows a crime was committed."

marine law specifically designated, the CO can pardon me as his right, regardless of the evidence. bowser, threw this out the window to arrest me again, and the CO needed to fax high command about this.

Overall, bowsers behavior was to punish players, and not respect the fact this is a game, and if let go, i would have gone on my way to the planet. (which, i was doing when let go, i dropped the mutiny nonsense as soon as our window pal was freed.)

Bowser also admits to arresting people, for annoying him, which started this whole mess. this behavior is just a CMP, or any MP being a bully in game. bowser should not have the power to impact other peoples enjoyment, if he is using it in this manner. i still think he deserves a JBan.

I again apologize for the inaccuracies i presented due to misinformation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't get to decide who you appeal to. The Cmp handed your appeal per marine law. There is no provision stating it must be given to the co or XO. And he burned it after denying your appeal.

Furthermore the CO cannot pardon a capital offense without permission from high command. Which sedetion Is a capital offense.

I'm also a little concerned on why you chose to seek out an offline staff member rather than make an ahelp to the numerous staff online? Perhaps you can give us some insight.

This entire situation was watched by me and almost all of it was handled in game.
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Ceyella
    At the time, i originally was just going with the situation, given i did on open comms ask the CPT if i could mutiny and bust out a fellow charlie. Bancrose as a mod, has taken the time build a good repertoire and friendliness with me. As he was not in the current round, and a associate whom i could confide in within the context of CM. i talked to him about being brigged. we chatted about it in general a bit, and then i told him about the shooting and he said he would open byond and look into it.

I did not look at staffwho until later on in the round, and at that point, as stated before. i felt it would be inappropriate to notify a second mod of a issue, when another mod was responding. Bancrose was not able to login, in time, and the round ended. he then advised me to make a player report if i felt something was wrong.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "As an addendum, according to marine law, the XO, CO, or CMP can oversee an appeal, right? Which would mean that I could do with the documents what I see fit, if I'm the one overseeing the appeal process. Correct me if I'm wrong on that."

You might actually be right but I always thought they can ask to appeal to the Captain. I'm not entirely sure so it comes down to the Manager/Head that deals with this report.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have nothing more to add as the logs contain everything. However, I'd like to clarify four things:

1. I initially pardoned Meer (by recommending the MPs release her) because the initial description of her charges didn't sound like a capital crime. I suspected MP overzealousness.
    2. Later the MPs provided me with new information (I forget which) that convinced me that there may have been a capital crime, though they didn't mention it when I first checked. So I said that I would have to write to High Command.
    3. I wasn't getting consistent reports when I asked the MPs about the charges on Meer and Steel. Details changed every time I asked.
    4. I was told in-game that marine Kol Steel was arrested after Code Red and an alien boarding for damage of government property.

Otherwise, the MPs conducted themselves well and I have no particular complaints regarding the CMP. The CMP in particular claimed to have evidence of capital crimes, though circumstances prevented me from verifying it myself. I was satisfied with what appeared to be a meticulous process of documentation by the MPs, and congratulated the CMP for it. I did not feel they were misleading me deliberately at any point, though regarding point #2 and #3, I was unhappy with how unclear the MPs were with precisely what evidence of what charges of capital crimes there were.

I'm here to answer questions if needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    "As an addendum, according to marine law, the XO, CO, or CMP can oversee an appeal, right? Which would mean that I could do with the documents what I see fit, if I'm the one overseeing the appeal process. Correct me if I'm wrong on that."

You might actually be right but I always thought they can ask to appeal to the Captain. I'm not entirely sure so it comes down to the Manager/Head that deals with this report.
    Believe me, I was thinking the same thing and sweating up a cloud till I realized it was no longer the Sulaco days, and the multiple reminders to read Marine Law paid off.

"Prisoners have the right to appeal their sentence to the Chief MP, Commanding Officer, Executive Officer or someone they designate. However, the Chief MP has final say on all appeals and may override anyone except the CO."

I think that the "or someone they designate" part is for having the Corporate Liason pop open employee records to bail a convict out. Or some other person who claims to be their legal counsel, I honestly don't know.
    Last edited by Quill-Weave; 03-08-2019 at 12:46 AM. Reason: trimming post size

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I write anything in this I want it to be made ABUNDANTLY clear that I do not approve you of going to Bancrose out side of the game for in game assistance in any way shape or form. You do not get to pick and choose who handles your issues. While it may not have been your intent, it paints a picture of you purposely going to a Moderator with whom you are on good terms with, in order to get preferential treatment. If you have an issue in game, ahelp it, we have mods on at ALL hours. Failing that help can be found on the staff-help channel of our discord. I certainly do not mind you asking specific Moderators questions, but seeking them out for help for a current, in game issue is not acceptable to me.

Incident one > Acceptable. Medics do not have to be allowed access beyond the security doors. They often are, but it is not a requirement.

Incident two > As shown in logs and testimony this was more severe than you originally though and was handled in an acceptable manner.

Incident three > Acceptable. Mutiny is in fact illegal. Asking if you can mutiny is illegal. It is sedition and considered a capitol crime. The marine being arrest for hooliganism for knocking on the window after being ordered to stop is acceptable.

Incident four > Not acceptable, but quickly rectified. I can assume you were striped of your headset and put into isolation around [03:16:19] and you were given a new headset around [03:17:20]. That puts you as headset less for only a minute or so.

Incident five > Not acceptable. But forgiveable. While it is entirely reasonable for the MP to make a lethal shot due to the situation described above, the MPs should take more care than that. However due to the MP showing remorse immediately after the shot happened it is also reasonable to assume an accident. Just as we forgive isolated FF incidents, this can be easily forgiven, but a warning made to Markaleth to be more careful in the future.

Incident six > Frankly silly in a few ways. The clause in marine law "Prisoners have the right to appeal their sentence to the Chief MP, Commanding Officer, Executive Officer or someone they designate." Does not refer to the prisoner designating someone to their appeal to go to, but to the fact that those mentioned can designate someone else to listen to the appeal in their stead. The CMP listened to the appeal and denied it. That said in order to set precedence, not sending an appeal letter up to someone in command because it is not signed and dated, while possibly in keeping with correct RP, is still a bit silly.

Incident seven > Not actually an incident but written to maintain the format and prevent confusion.

Incident eight > The MPs were actually more or less correct in what they did here. The reason for you second arrest was in fact given to you. It was the same as the first. "[03:53:46]SAY: Bowser Drachen Schwartz/Quill-Weave : My charge, as the law and authority on this vessel, is Sedition." A capitol crime such as sedition CANNOT be pardoned. The MPs ignoring the CO's order to release you would have been the correct course of action. It was actually Ignominious' mistake in letting you out of the brig. Arresting you for the same crime again was actually the correct thing to do, though no fault of yours and no fault of anyone but Ignominious.

Resolved. No action taken.