User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slduggy - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish all of our MP players had such understanding of marine law...
    I see no recent notes that indicate you would have issues with the MP job and staff that witnessed the incident didn't think they needed to take action.
    Finally, the bann was based on log evidence, which is far from being as reliable for these situations.
    As for keeping the CMP ban, I can't see how it would be necessary. Nothing in the ban was related to the particular position of the CMP job in the MP force.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I mean looking at the total circumstances, that round was hectic. Yes you guys were over zealous, but at the same time, your last MP note was long ago. As you were not the CMP and thought you were trying to follow orders and do the right thing, I think a warning would have sufficed over a outright JBAN

I would support it being lifted

+1
    Thanks for the support Soldier, I have two questions, how would someone properly handle the situation without being overzealous? Would one just outright refuse the order as unlawful? Also how would one know if they were overstepping the line between enforcing an order properly and enforcing an order over zealously?

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll happily support the removal of the MP Jobban and give you the chance to show you deserve the CMP one lifted too.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can support the removal of the MP job ban. Keep your head screwed on straight, lad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you deserve a chance. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are sufficient mitigating circumstances that a full MP and CMP jobban may have been unwarranted. The evidence is confusing at best, and it's unclear if any marines even got gassed and by who. Frankly, enforcing stuff on the frontlines is best left alone due to the slippery slope it can become. Don't arrest marines hopping the barricades if xenos are close, they'll probably die anyway and it's not worth it.

Resolved - MP and CMP bans lifted.