Marine Name
    Christian 'Dutch' Vanleer

Other Whitelist Applications
    None.

Character Information

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Walker

What is your Synthetic's Personality?
    Initially designed as an analyst unit, Walker has taken a pre-disposition towards the CIA Agents of old, specifically those who operated in the Cold War. Speaking in a blunt, and to the point manner, Walker acts in a cool, calm and collective manner. Although designed as an Analyst unit, Walker doesn’t shy away from field duty, he’s able to effectively deploy, and help out those on the ground. In his attempt to emulate the spies of the 1980s, he also picked up on numerous cultural quirks from the time period, speaking in colloquial terms which suit both a CIA operator, and an 80s film star. Acting suave in all situations, Walker is the ultimate smooth operator, able to handle whatever is thrown at the USCM, be them medical emergencies, an engineering crisis at the FOB, or an unmanned Req station.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I mostly play at low pop times, there may be a single doctor, no CTs, and maybe two squad engineers. Marines typically have a VERY tough time in these rounds, surgery becomes a serious hassle, either no equipment gets sent down, or an SO needs to run req, and the FOB gets all but totally neglected. A synth actually being available whilst these times would be a huge boon for the marine; someone able to man every single support station, would allow the marines to actually have a fighting chance in these low pop times. I also quite enjoy the very nature of the Synth, being able to play support roles, rather than being the super robust marine, tearing through the hive. Not to mention the fact that Synth provides unique opportunities for interacting with other players, something which no other role offers.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
    In terms of the most memorable interaction which I’ve had with a synthetic, there’s one which mainly stands out. That round, the R4T was being put in via an admin event, and the marines were generally abuzz regarding it. The Synthetic that round, was Nathan, and he went all in on the Western theme. Adapting an almost cowboy-esque disposition, Nathan was cheering the occasional ‘yee-haw’ and addressing the average marine as ‘partner’. It was a little thing, but it went a long way to make the round more enjoyable.

Interactions I’ve had with Dale have also been pretty fun, just the laid back persona which he has, makes it always great to engage with him. He just emanates an un-deniably air of….coolness.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Just adding in extra characters, to reach the minimum required for this answer box.

Experience

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I know my way around engineering, I can repair and create APCs, load the OB, setup T-comms, and I can deconstruct and re-construct walls, airlocks, and anyother niche engineering items. I can comfortably build and operate an FOB in low pop, being able to operate it with minimal support. I’ve got a fair bit of PO experience, and am able to help any DCCs or POs to setup the DS.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I am able to operate the Overwatch consoles, organize supply drops from the aforementioned consoles, use the ID terminal, and I am aware that I am not allowed to launch the OB, as that would be against my Synthetic programming. I can also operate the Groundside and Shipside consoles, regarding announcements and the like. Although it is un-likely that there will be a need for it, I’m ready and able to help with running the OP, from the CIC.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    In terms of Medical, I’m know all the complex surgeries, ranging from brain surgery, to removing implants embedded in someone. I can run the effectively run the chemline, being able to quickly create chemicals off by heart, and I can comfortably deal with frontline medical situations, bringing guys back from the brink, and setting up a Triage system. I’m confident in my ability to deal with multiple downed marines, being able to bring them back up in a swift, and orderly manner.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    For Req, I am able to quickly operate the Requisitions line, I know the Req meta, and am able to get crates out, loaded, and sent down effectively. If the need arises, I am able to gather gear from around the ship, such as using cardboard boxes to gather ammo from squad vendors, or gathering up stacks of metal from around the ship.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    As a Synthetic unit, under normal circumstances, I am only meant to engage in defensive combat, be it to defend myself, or to defend a marine who I am assisting. The great exception to this rule, is whilst a Delta Alert, but even then, I am meant to place priority upon helping wounded marines.

1st situation: I am roller-bed’ing a marine back from the front, when suddenly, a member of the lurker gang jumps me. Priority is now on making sure that lurker is scared off, and that myself, and the wounded marine, can make it to safety. Even if the alien is badly wounded, I am not meant to give pursuit, and will instead focus on tending to the marine.

2nd situation: Whilst patrolling along medbay on Solaris Ridge, I encounter a new PVT being mauled by a runner, who has just jumped him. I would scare off the runner, and then bring the marine back to safety. Again, even if the runner is badly wounded, my guidelines dictate that I cannot chase it, and must aid the marine.

Confirmations

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Have you read the application process page?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Discord Ban Reason
    -

Other Information

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Not really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think you could give us a screenshot of your marine playtimes?

I feel recall seeing you around as Medic recently, but I don't have any distinct memories- which at least means you havn't done major mistakes for me to witness :V
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, here are my playtimes.

Capture.jpg

Due to timezones, I typically play whilst low pop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, thank you for applying!

Your application is probably one of the most unique we've seen which is why we've been quiet on responding to your app. I'm going to ask questions to get a better understanding on your capabilities so for myself, and others, can know how you can handle these situations.

We'll start with Command
    Upon arriving to CIC, the XO is busy with making his announcement to everyone within the Ship and orders you to activate OW and ensure each squad has a Squad Leader. You find that 2 of the 4 Squads do not have an active SL, what do you do?

Another Question: The Squad holding FOB gives you the coordinates for FOB and the RO orders you to launch the supply crate, is this allowed?

For Requisitions
    After completing a Marine's checklist at the Req line, the next Marine in line gives you a paper telling you to order the listed items. How would you go about dealing with this situation?

Another Question: Marines have left for planetside, you receive the coordinates for FOB and now you have to prepare a supply crate. List the items you would place inside, the amount, and keep in mind, you have 2 orders, one being SADAR's rockets and another being OT requested items.

For Engineering

Please tell me how you'll best fortify LZ2 of Solaris (Feel free to get a much better picture.) https://imgur.com/o8yXKvR
    ((On my app, within the comments I made colored lines each representing how I would do fortifications, just an example you can do or something much better))

A Marine makes an awkward cadeline where Xenomorphs can easily break down without trouble. You attempt to make your more correct cadeline but the Engineer confronts you. Explain how you would handle this situation.

Medical

A Marine has Brain damage, a fractured skull, an IB. Describe step by step you would do to fix this issue.

You receive two Marines, reviveable, under two minutes left on their revive timer, and they unfortunate both have ~400+ burn damage. You have to save both of them and describe your process on how you would save them.

Again, you're a very interesting applicant we've received, not in a negative way, just timezones and such effect this process. In the meanwhile, I suggest you do your support roles (Req, Med, Engi) while your app is still being reviewed, and try to (But don't force it) get the attention of others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Command
    Upon logging onto each OW console, and checking the status of each particular squad, I would assign an aSL according to the rank of the remaining squad members, as the chain of command demands. RTO(CPL)-SG(LCPL)-Spec(LCPL)-Engineer(LCPL)-Medic(LCPL)-Rifleman(PFC/PVT). This should ensure that each squad has an active SL, and that Chain of Command protocols have been followed.

Yes, there are no particular issues with regards to a Synthetic unit launching the supply console, to ensure that marines receive supplies. With regards to operating OW consoles, the only issue arises when I am asked to launch the OB, something which goes against Synthetic programming.

Requisitions
    I would take the paper, place it to the side, and then continue on with the busy Req line. Once the line has been dealt with, I would look at what exactly the marine is asking for. Assuming it is a reasonable request, such as an engineer ordering some metal for the FOB, or a SADAR ordering spare rockets, and assuming the budget has the room for it, I would accept it. But if it was something which is un-realistic for the current budget, such as ordering additional NVGs, or a set of B12 armour, then I’d place it to the side, and wait until the budget allows for it. If the marine comes back asking for the gear, I would explain the fact that our budget is un-able to support this stuff, seeing as an FOB crate is still being prepared, and we cannot spare the additional cash for some personal gear.

For my standard FOB crate, I’ve got one routine that I’ll normally go about. First, I vend all of the spare ammo boxes from the vendor, and load those in first. Following that, I would head over to the supply console, and enter my typically order. Four stacks of metal, one stack of plasteel, and a single sandbags stack, just the typical supplies required the setup an FOB. Then I’d grab two of the Industrial Backpacks, label one “Mats” and one “Flares”, and then fill them accordingly. Organization is key, after all. I would then grab a standard backpack, label it “SG Drums”, and fill it up with drums from both the Req vendor, and any squad vendors. Now the mortar. I’d grab a shell backpack, fill it with the original shells which come with the mortar. Loading that in, along with the mortar itself, I would now turn to loading in any spare gear which ASRS has sent up, be it additional mortar shells (They can go in the mortar operator belt), or any ammo which has been given. Then, it’s a matter of putting in any Spec/OT ammo which is needed to be sent. SADAR’s items can go in the rocket bag, the OT’s can be sent in a grenade rig, mortar belt, or inside the rocket bag. By this point, marines will be groundside, have gotten FOB coordinates, and this crate can be sent.

Engineering
    Alright, the main priority of setting up this FOB, is securing the North Eastern portion of the LZ. Without any cades here, lurkers and burrowers will flow in here, and wreck havoc. As you can see on the diagram, I would setup my cades in this fashion, placing priority on getting this side up in a timely manner. Once these barricades are up, I would then move onto securing the south east, blowing up the walls which have been circled with C4. The walls which have been marked are normally a massive hassle when defending the FOB, preventing movement, and blocking sightlines. Once these walls have been de-constructed, I would then cade the area as shown. After completing this, it is then crucial to cade the entrance into Cargo, to prevent an assault from the east. A number of walls in cargo can also be de-constructed, to increase the marine’s abilities. Once this has been completed, it’s usually a good idea to atleast get some barricades up around the western portion of the LZ, to prevent xenos breaching in there. The lowest priority is placed upon placing barricades around the south, along with walling off portions to the south. Whilst there is a threat, it is not nearly as severe as the North, East, or West. Once the basic defences are done, it is just a matter of expanding according to the pop number, and setting up handrails around the LZ, supplementing the defences with sandbags and barbed wire, ect. This is assuming that static comms are currently active, if portable comms are active, then the #1 priority is placed upon getting them up.

For the diagram
    Blue-metal cade
    Green-plasteel
    Orange-handrail
    Brown-wall
    Black-deconstruct

I’d firstly attempt to de-escalate the situation, calming the engineer down. Once he’s no longer up in arms, I would explain the errors relating to his cade placement, be it the fact that they allow for corner slashing, the barricades are not APC friendly, or they’re cade stacking. I would then show them how to remedy this error, by correctly placing the barricades. This is all assuming that the engineer is reasonable, and that they are willing to talk things out. If they continue to be hostile, I would still advise them on the correct barricade placement, but would by no-means be aggressive.

Medical
    I’m going to assume that I’m at FOB, and have no body scanner, for this. First things first, I would get the patient to the portable surgical bed, scan them, and then administer some Oxycodene, and QuickClot. I would then use a Scalpel, followed by a retractor, on the guy’s head. Due to the QC, there is no need for a haemostat, not for this bit atleast. Then the skull needs to be drilled into, followed by using the retractor again. Fix-o-vein is then needed to fix any damage, with the retractor being used once more to close the skull. Bone gel needs to be applied twice, once for when the skull was opened, and once for the fracture. Then the bone mender is used, fixing the fracture, with the incision then being sealed up via cautery. Once all this is complete, I would then use a bicardine OD to fix the IB, and voila, patient fixed.

For the sake of this, I’m going to assume that both marines are PFCs, and that I have atleast one healthy PFC nearby. Firstly, I would scan both marines, to identify who has worse burn damage, then I would take off their armour, set down my defibrillator, and order any nearby marines to preform CPR on the two downed marines. I’d take out two stacks of burns kits, and numberpad spam each limb, until both marines have been completely treated, I would then suture any limb with 200+ burn damage. Once they’ve reached a revivable point, I’d defib spam, and get them both back up. I’d get their armour back on, and administer meds as is necessary.

https://imgur.com/a/8LLRH3q

(Ignore the attached images, the imgur is a higher quality)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Clown_Collection; 08-29-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clown_Collection View Post
    I’m going to assume that I’m at FOB, and have no body scanner, for this. First things first, I would get the patient to the portable surgical bed, scan them, and then administer some Oxycodene, and QuickClot. I would then use a Scalpel, followed by a retractor, on the guy’s head. Due to the QC, there is no need for a haemostat, not for this bit atleast. Then the skull needs to be drilled into, followed by using the retractor again. Fix-o-vein is then needed to fix any damage, with the retractor being used once more to close the skull. Bone gel needs to be applied twice, once for when the skull was opened, and once for the fracture. Then the bone mender is used, fixing the fracture, with the incision then being sealed up via cautery. Once all this is complete, I would then use a bicardine OD to fix the IB, and voila, patient fixed.
    I will give credit that you did not just copy/paste steps off the wiki. Points there. However you should have, as this is not the correct brain repair procedure. In likelihood the given steps here will actually not allow you to "complete" surgery. Additionally, there are key points to note about the bleed fix that are omitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown_Collection View Post
    For the sake of this, I’m going to assume that both marines are PFCs, and that I have atleast one healthy PFC nearby. Firstly, I would scan both marines, to identify who has worse burn damage, then I would take off their armour, set down my defibrillator, and order any nearby marines to preform CPR on the two downed marines. I’d take out two stacks of burns kits, and numberpad spam each limb, until both marines have been completely treated, I would then suture any limb with 200+ burn damage. Once they’ve reached a revivable point, I’d defib spam, and get them both back up. I’d get their armour back on, and administer meds as is necessary.
    37nh0z.jpg
    Anyone can kit spam and shock the ever-loving daylights out of someone. Is there a reason for removing armor when you say, is there a reason you're going for kit then only (I assume you mean grafting) the chest/groin if they're somehow still at 200 after you kit, is there a reason to administer particular meds at particular points? Are there other methods you could incorporate, tools, or items you think might be useful?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do admit, the answers that I gave were abit rushed, I'll give a more in-depth version now.

1. For the first question, relating to surgery, I should have mentioned that a haemostat could've been used once the skull had been opened, to remove any bone chips. If someone has IB in the head, they likely have bone chips in there, too. In relation to the bicardine OD, this is assuming that they have 0 brute damage. If they have brute damage, then the IB will not be healed, until the brute damage is gone. Once bicardine is given, I would then give kelotane, in-order to counter the burn damage which comes with the OD, aswell as Dylo, if it is needed. As for the brain damage question, I'll put it in a simple order, rather than mixing in words.

Scalpel-Haemostat-Retractor-Drill-Retractor-Fix-o-vein-Haemostat(if needed)-retractor-bone-gel-bone-gel-bone setter-cauteriser

2. OK. The purpose of the armour removing, is simply to save time in advance. If stuff starts to go bad, marines are pushed back, and you've got your back to the wall, you'll want to get these guys defibbed as quickly as possible, doubly so that they're near going perma. Yeah, I mean grafting with Synth graft.

In terms of what exactly I would do, the administration of advanced burn kits takes away an easy 12 damage, with it constantly ticking, allowing for them to be consistently healing damage. Directly prior to the revive, assuming I have access to it, it's wise to inject some Epi, to increase the amount of damage being healed with each defib attempt. But if they only have burn damage ~400, this will most likely not be necessary, if they have been kitted, and limbs with 200+ damage grafted. The #1 priority at this point is getting them back on their feet, and re-setting the perma counter, so the moment they go under 200 damage, you should defib, thus re-setting the timer. Once back on their feet, assess their status, and administer Kelotane, Inaprov, and Tramadol. This mix should get them stable enough to be back on their feet. Get their gear back on to prevent them losing it, and if time allows for it, shake them back up.

Another great tool that can aid you, are nearby marines, who can assist you by preforming CPR, giving you additional time.

Apologies for the earlier rushed answers.
    Last edited by Clown_Collection; 08-29-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a good chunk of doctor hours on record, but, your answers havn't really given me the confidence that you're up to snuff for the fastpaced environment of the frontline surgical synth.
    You say you play Lowpop hours? I'll try and be on tonight to observe, I suggest you try and get some FOB doctor rounds in to give us a chance to see how you do in-game.

Feel free to ping me on discord if you're getting a doctor round tonight or tommorow, I'll ghost and observe your playing.
    FoxyShibata#7350
    A lonesome cowboy, a chilled out broski, or an executive intern.

The Medals Folder:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that #1 is a second attempt and still incorrect I'll help you out on it.

The drill is only used for creating implant cavities. It the item that I always ditch out of a surgical tray and replace with graft, because implanting items is anywhere from OOC illegal to simply having little to no utility. When opening a skull, if it's fractured you can simply retract it open without cutting it the same as a chest, otherwise the saw is the item you need to get it open. The brain repair itself will only require fix-o-vein if the brain damage is significant, the hemostat will always be required, not the other way around. If the brain damage isn't high enough, the fix-o-vein will click and then you switch to hemostat and then can pick the bone chips. The other components of the simple opening/closing/bone repair are accurate. Internal bleed in the head is not necessarily related to brain damage, field-diagnosis of IB is an entirely different line of thought that I won't get into.

#2 is getting there, though a little incomplete.

The early armor removal is less about saving time, and more about stopping additional damage. Armor insulates the patient, and if you don't take it off early a lot of times your burn victim's body temp is so high that they will continue burning for even more damage right behind you kitting and grafting them, and since you've already treated it you can't go back and re-kit/graft leaving more work for the epi/defib combo. Another thing that you can do as a doctor or synthetic is an open-heart defib. Do as much kitting and grafting as you have time, then open up the chest and ribs, medicate, shock until pulse restored, and instantly fix any heart damage you caused. In particular with synthetic defib speed this is faster than going through each limb with a graft, but not faster than kits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sorry about #1. I typically refer to the circular saw as the surgical drill, even though it is technically the wrong term. Apologies for the confusion regarding it, due to the rarity of ever using the actual surgical drill, I've taken to just referring to the circular saw as a surgical drill, it was a silly naming-oversight on my part.