User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: taketheshot56 - OB'd Alamo after Evac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because my question is valid and I was technically involved as I was in the round as a Marine.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    Because my question is valid and I was technically involved as I was in the round as a Marine.
    If you want to get a clarification on it, please post it here:

//showthrea...on-Update-2019

Reports aren't for discussion on the outcome even if you're involved, as the only thing you're required to post if you wish is your involvement in the situation (IE: What you saw)

A manager will eventually come to a decision.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will just say my part, as I was one of the xenos onboard on the time although I didn't die I still witnessed the death of three other xenos before running off. I personally believe there needs to be a clarification on if OBing the dropship is allowed or not as two times whilst playing xeno, one of them being this time, the dropship was OBed when preparing to depart.

I personally as an XO I believe beneath Bill Carson on Solaris Ridge one time was ordered to OB the dropship when it'd been hijacked as we had the coordinates. Being below the Captain, I complied and launched the OB possibly killing a few. Afterwards I was bwoinked and asked why I did it since it was against the rules and possibly got a note, I do not know. So, I think it's pretty dumb that there's still been no solid decision made concerning the OBing of the dropship and I think the fault lays with the fact that no solid ruling has ever been made over it as since I was bwoinked I never OB the dropship anymore regardless of how many people in CIC scream at me to do it as I am worried it is rule breaking, yet I see it still happening and nothing coming of it.

In short, I don't blame Moore, I blame the fact there's been nothing but flipflops over if this rule exists or not

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a Dchat spectator for this. I can confirm the OB happened on the DS when it landed and after the xenos very quickly swarmed the DS. The OB killed 2 xenos as far as I know.

I feel the need of pointing this out here as I believe it forms the main reason why this report was made in the first place and there will soon be a ruling on this. The rule on OB after evac is too vague. Xenos are too eager to swarm any DS because of the protection of OB After Evac rule. From what Patton argued was that ICly he can fire it as the marines are fighting the xenos (it's a tug of war situation so I think it's fair). In a similar situation where I was XO where my own OB killed 3 of my own men and no xenos, I was warned by a mod that I performed an illegal OB. It is this really vague line drawn over this rule that made so much salt and confusion over the matter.

So I put it there to ask the staff to take this into consideration and make a solid decision and ruling on the matter once and for all.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the queen for this round and I can't really say anything other than yeah. The OB hit when I was inside and I even ovied in the cockpit. I was getting slightly concerned because I was hearing CAS hit the outsides of the DS but I thought "they're not going to OB the DS" Sure enough there comes that wailing sound that all Xenomorphs dread. We actually lost four xenomorphs but most of them were drones if I recall. I've honestly never seen a OB hit the dropship before so I have no opinion in the matter just giving my side of the story.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CO Council has deemed this a non-whitelist issue.

This is a report of metagaming on a mod.

So Grimcad will give a verdict on this when he is able to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. There might be a little bit on confusion on this one. For a few months now we have been cracking down on these "Post Xeno OBs" to the dropship. I've looked over the site and I do not believe it is written down anywhere for the regular player to access. So I can see how knowledge of this is a little sparse. So I am having the official ruling be added to the Rules-Clarification thread by Emerald Blood.
    Taketheshot had a legitimate reason to OB the xenos. They could be seen on the camera and he even had a person on the DS. However. Due to the damage that our OBs do now a days, especially incendiary OBs, It is STILL against the rules to OB the DS AFTER the xenos have called the DS down.

Resolved. A note will be added to Taketheshots account referencing this report. He will be put on probations for two weeks.