User Tag List

Thread: blingx3 - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blingx3 - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    BlingX3
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Tony Toxin Smith
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    What is your Bancode?
    N/A...............
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Silencerpl
    Total Ban Duration
    7 days
    Remaining Duration
    7 days
    What other servers do you play on?
    None
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    none
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    no
    Reason for Ban
    Banned for using a homophobic slur, log review showed multiple instance of using a slur as an insult
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc). If you were in the wrong, explain what you did that was wrong, and describe how you have or will improve your behavior.
    I honestly have no recollection of this
    Do you understand that making low-effort appeals (short/does not address the issue/shitposts) may lead to immediate denial and/or other types of consequences?
    Yes

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A log sweep picked up the following

[CW: slurs]
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I looked into the context of both of these and found nothing that would suggest that these were used as anything other than insults and that is clearly against our server rules (ie any hints that this was not a slur or indication that you didn't understand what you were saying)

If I was wrong about my assessment, please explain how the usage of the slur in both cases was acceptable.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer_pl View Post
    A log sweep picked up the following

[CW: slurs]

I looked into the context of both of these and found nothing that would suggest that these were used as anything other than insults and that is clearly against our server rules (ie any hints that this was not a slur or indication that you didn't understand what you were saying)

If I was wrong about my assessment, please explain how the usage of the slur in both cases was acceptable.
    The Contex here was that it was both during when the shap was boarded with xenos and, the other one I belive was when there was a push against the xenos planetside, both were used with full. I don't remember the events properly but I've used it mostly as a sign to show frustration and not actually insult anyone in any particular way, and this is IC frustration taken into account IC character emotions it's easy to look at them and assume otherwise. This is only meant in the IC contex and really shouldn't be taken out of proportion, it's purely IC.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ban has set to expire soon, and CM management going forward has instituted a new word bot that will report any slurs/racist language used in game. At the end of the day no amount of "roleplay" will justify any "bad words" used. Due to this ban expiring soon, it would not be practical to assign it for review.

This is going to be the response to all bans issued by this new filter bot.
    Moving forward please keep Rule 3 in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Rule 3
    Usage of slurs IC/OOC on the server will result in a 7 day ban, automatically.
    Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.
    Being Homophobic, Sexist or a general bigot is not ok, and action will be taken to rectify such behaviour.
    BYOND ckey/usernames that are deemed racist, homophobic, sexist, etc... by staff are not permitted. You will be given a chance to create a new CKEY and you must request our staff to transfer any notes.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids