Date of Incident
    October 17, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Madison 'Spicey' Delaney
    Their BYOND Key
    Silencer_pl
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    roughly 4 AM CT
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I had joined the round, geared up, waited about 5-10 minutes for the Alamo to return to the ship and the round ended before it flew back to planet. Usually when planetside during a round end I'll unload some ammo into a wall or something if I haven't really gotten to shoot much just to see how my gun performs, never shoot anyone or do anything crazy. I had dual VP78s and decided to try them on some windows, and proceeded to get bwoinked about it by Silencer, asking why I did it. I explained my character's reasoning, I mentioned that I was under the impression that window breaking is IC and should be handled via marine law etc and got a note for "Behavior below community standards". Now, I'm ex staff and I've read the rules, maybe I need a refresher or something but I'm fairly certain I didn't break any rules; I certainly didn't break EORG or I'd have a 3 hour ban instead of a warning. In my opinion, the round was delayed a couple minutes just to handle an IC issue about windows. I'd like the note removed.
    EvidenceDo you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You, by your own admission in the DMs we had, blew out ALL of south medbay's windows because the round ended. This was clearly OOC motivated (as you admitted in our DMs) and, honestly, was a very ugly way of ending an otherwise fairly pleasant light-RP themed round on the ship. Everyone who saw this clearly knew that someone was just being an ass OOCly.

Actions like this break the immersion of people who are trying to RP on the server, they make very little sense from an IC perspective (why would you blow out multiple windows OUT OF YOUR SHIPS MEDBAY of all places)

We do not allow OOC behavior after round end, that's what the big text about EORG is for.

You then tried to spin this as an IC action somehow and suggested I send the MPs (again, after the round has ended and was in the 2 minute cooldown before server reset) to which I tried to explain to you that while MPs are an IC reaction to IC actions, they are NOT meant to be rule arbiters, especially not for clearly OOC motivated action.

This would have gotten you bwoinked and noted even if it was not round end by the way. Which is exactly my point.

Again: he round ending does not justify ooc behavior. Blowing out all of south medbay's windows and just running away is clearly ooc motivated behavior, which is specifically against our Roleplay rule.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 10-18-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logs for the incident!

If I missed anything important you feel should be included, message me on discord @Frog#6006 and I'll see what I can do!

There weren't many logs from the round, but here's what I was able to find:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Major Amber Walsh, Exceptional Leader

Spoiler Spoiler:

Za'Kul, Foolish Hunter
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, I didn't blow out all of south medbay's windows, I shot every window on the lower port side of the ship (I had roughly 150 bullets and 2 very much unused VP78s). Secondly, who's RP did I interupt? The only marine I saw at south medbay was an SSD smartgunner laying on the floor. Did someone ahelp complaining that there was a marine shattering reinforced windows and it was totally ruining their remaining 2 minutes of RP while the chat panel filled with OOC text? If someone ahelped I totally understand, but this was nothing more than a powertrip based on vague rules that have vastly different enforcement levels depending on who's enforcing them. You delayed the round an extra 3-5 minutes over shipside vandalism that is and always has been an IC issue, regardless of if the MPs have 15 minutes to catch/process/incarcerate me or not. My character reasoning is also very simple - unga has gun, unga hates authority, windows look cool shattering. I either want my note removed or a rule added specifically saying "you cannot randomly shoot out windows on the ship", and if such a rule already exists I'd appreciate it if someone could link it to me. I'll gladly remove my staff report if that's the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After consideration and a review of the logs, this report has been denied.

Silencer was correct in how they enforced the RP standards with a note. No a regular marine would not start a shootout with the ships windows because they were bored. As Silencer said, actions that break RP lower the RP for the whole server, specifically anyone watching you.
    Viktor 'Iron' Mallard's service record: