User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple, unknown - Rule 6, Rule 15

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. We have a lot of back and forth here. Just remain civil and post only things that may help the heads understand what exactly went on.

This event was ran by Emerald, whom I am sure has an overview of what went on and if anything was handled incorrectly by any parties involved.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I observed this entire round, and while not adding any information not already provided, I feel that while the MPs were extremely overzealous in their work, bordering on insubordinate, I do not think they actually violated Marine Law. With that said, they came EXTREMELY close to it, skirting around the Captain's orders, and otherwise, in my personal opinion, causing issues that could have easily been avoided.

The Captain, I felt, did not do anything wrong from my observations, although I feel some of it could have been RP'd better.

Overall, I personally did not witness (that is not to say there weren't any) rule breaks, but I felt many of the people involved made things intentionally difficult.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to give any further comment or debate any of the arguments made at this point, but I do agree with Imhere's assessment regarding the CMP. They did a fine job, and although they supposedly gave an order to find the PMCs, when they were informed that the CO didn't want them around us, they backed off. I assume the CMP's order to find us was done prior to/without knowing that the CO gave an order to give us space. So regardless of the way the report is handled, I would say that the CMP shouldn't be a part of it.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MP and captain logs at the time:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Logs start with xenos after that but I'm not sure that's neccessary?
    Last edited by Solarmare; 03-16-2019 at 04:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I was a MT this round, and happened to notice this complaint while getting a feel for what is/isn't a valid complaint(s). I had no idea what the CL was doing in the round, only that they had locked one of the MP's in the CL's private quarters somehow. Eventually, I got the MP out, needless to say he had been locked in that room a good 10+ minutes. I helped the MP's myself get into research as they were looking for a criminal. From my own perspective, passive resistance to the MP's happened at minimum. As an ignorant bystander, I assisted the MP's as I felt (IC) they wouldn't be out looking for someone without cause. (I thought it highly unusual, round wise, that I was helping MP's break into areas, it's the only reason it stuck out to me days later.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this was an event. Not my event but I can see what the intent of it was. It was intended for there to be conflict between the marines and the PMCs. The PMC's were supposed to be raising their own Corrupted Xenomorphs which is obviously something the marines would have issues with, which is why they were told to go about it secretly. Frankly I do not see the rule break here either. Unless I am overlooking a key line here, and I don't think I am, the MPs orders were to treat the PMCs as guests, but to keep eyes on them. They did so. Did they get in their way a little too much? Its possible. But that isn't flat out disregarding orders. Were some of the MPs being way too over zealous in their talk about kidnapping and torturing the PMCs? Without a doubt. But for the most part I'm ok with them talking about it, as long as they don't actually do it. That said MP John Stevenson should probably tone it down, because if there is an MP issue with them somewhere down the line this type of talk as an MP is going to make the hypothetical action look worse.

Resolved. No action taken.