Thread: MP Main discussion/qq'ing thread

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    snip
    When I play scout spec I carry my m4ra rifle in the armor slot then I have no back slot because of the thermal cloak so I hold the m41a or l42 I am using in my hands. I just switch places whenever I want to use the other gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    When I play scout spec I carry my m4ra rifle in the armor slot then I have no back slot because of the thermal cloak so I hold the m41a or l42 I am using in my hands. I just switch places whenever I want to use the other gun.
    Yeah bro get ready to be arrested by MPs for being reasonable. No explanations. 15 minutes to brig and ill confiscate your m41a too. Dont give a shit if you're a spec.

YOU AINT ABOVE MARINE LAW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I�ve encountered that situation but as a MP, I give specs more leeway albeit I�ve still got onto em in a more friendly manner to stow their weapon.

Mostly they�ll say they can�t and in their case either I suggest a option like I did previously ( in a specs case, taking off the cloak could be one temporary one) or I, to make their spec life easier, just ask em to activate the safeties on their gun and wait for the affirm and subsequent click.
    ( only one time someone thought of that before me, and probably only cause I had been ... zealous... in informing and warning on the handling of weaponry, namely open and unsafe rifle wielding in briefing.)

It�s old procedure and more or less an elaborated version of current SOP procedure , but basically a good way for MPs to go about peacefully and easily enforcing the SOP weapon handling clause is 1. Informing the transgressor loudly and clearly of the breach of conduct 2. Order them to unfuck themselves by holstering 3. Issuing them a warning and inform them the next transgression could result in brig time ( like a soccer ref issues a yellow card). 4. And then moving on happily.

If they are stupid and decide to cockily unholster and holster quickly and were a previous offender, definitely getting that jail time.
    If they weren�t a previous offender but do the above cocky shit, you jump on that lack of discipline with a warning of arrest next offense. If they do it still, arrest.

If they were just sorting out their load out after your warning or whatnot, putting on attachments, etcetra in briefing you can let it go as a temporary, self resolving issue or if you feel like it... tell em to do it in prep.

Most weapon handling SOP is easily resolved. It�s the 1-5% who think the MP won�t do something when they continue to act out against the marine law and direct MPs orders who get the time.

Max only give 2 warnings. 1 is fine but sometimes there are circumstances 2 ( without confiscation and/or arrest ) is necesary instead.

Now.
    With all this in mind.
    If I for example see a Unga carrying three rifles and he complains he can�t help himself... what do think is going to happen.

At the least he�ll have to dump one rifle in the prep temporarily. At the worst he disobeys in one way or another despite the warning and gets his gun(s) confiscated and possibly even brig time depending on his actions leading up to the law break
    Last edited by Vispainius; 03-13-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    snip
    Ya you could remove thermal cloak but im pretty sure the NVGs are tied you your thermal cloak so now you have to carry those too and it just becomes a big pain in the ass for 5 minutes of briefing. This isn't even counting if im already carrying a bag with my c4 in it and crap like that because I don't have many slots to fill with ammo and shit when I have to order extra m4ra ammo cause clips don't have many bullets in them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the most important part of marine law that a lot of people overlook is "Military Police may, at their discretion, ignore Minor Crimes unless they are ordered to enforce one." You can ignore someone with a weapon out if they're doing no harm. In a lot of instances I believe letting it go and avoiding the conflict is the better option because nothing decreases the ungas' respect for MPs more than being arresting for something they see as stupid.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange. I�m a a Delta main, Whitelisted CO and an MP player. I see the best of all worlds.

So as far as minor crimes go, I understand that there may be some of you that think the gun holstering law for instance is bullshit, but in the end it is law and whether or not you disagree with it you have to respect it. An MP can chose to overlook some things, but in the case of you being asked, simply do what is compliant with marine law. Everything is written down and you don�t have to take it on the enforcer, for as long as what they�re doing is in compliance with law. If you feel the MP is being abusive ahelp it or make a player report. (Speaking from experience here since stabbing them or buckshotting them wasn�t exactly staff-compliant, and gets you banned.)

It is what it is.

And in the case of mutinies; When does it end? Well. Until all mutineers are dead or arrested. One or two boxes of HEDP/HEFA usually gets the job done. Dont bother using non-lethal means because the only response you will be getting is a lethal one. So, try to get a superior position and firepower and fire away with no remorse.

Saving the CO is a priority, but whether the CO is dead or not, whether the mutiny has ended or not, crimes of sedition have been commited anyways and need to be processed accordingly. Regardless of the sucess of the mutiny. That means that once anyone commits to a mutiny, they�re free game forever until processed. So, again fire away.

Just remain within the rules, of course. Don�t decap or permakill people, don�t shoot doctors/medics that are not involved aand so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya you could remove thermal cloak but im pretty sure the NVGs are tied you your thermal cloak so now you have to carry those too and it just becomes a big pain in the ass for 5 minutes of briefing. This isn't even counting if im already carrying a bag with my c4 in it and crap like that because I don't have many slots to fill with ammo and shit when I have to order extra m4ra ammo cause clips don't have many bullets in them.
    Hence the spec bit.
    Specs get leeway. Sometimes all you gotta do is ask someone to activate their safety and you�ll let it go.

But the issue is seen when you get a unga dings carrying too many guns to handle who can�t understand why there�s a marine law on gun safety and when to have a gun out etcetra. It�s not hard.

As for discretion.
    Some MPs prefer to say nothing and do nothing.
    Some MPs do.

If you are a MP and caring that a unga thinks you arresting him for: punching a guy/stabbing someone/breaking a window/ignoring commands to stop wielding a gun in briefing/disrupting briefing/ disrupting an arrest and etcetra ..... is dumb, you clearly lost sight of what matters.
    Hint hint: it�s marine law.

Why enforce the SOP on gun handling?
    To prevent accidents. Before they happen.

Yes you overlook it and ignore minor crimes. Should you? No. Too many ignored laws and you find when you do need something done, everyone is incompetent, ssd, and the marines are out of control because they know the MPs that round aren�t just inactive... but also pushovers.

If you MP. See a bunch of people running around with guns wielded in briefing and do nothing. Then someone gets shot. The blame, by your inaction, sort of lies on you too.

Speaking of which. I find it funny. People like to belittle the MP role as having no substance. I agree. There�s nothing there if you aren�t doing your job. It�s not hard to enforce the law and be just.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 03-13-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuyoi View Post
    Dont compare IRL to the game. Also if you put the flamer or your gun in the back you pretty much dont have storage compartment for flamer ammunition and extinguishers.

Its like arguing that UGL should have instant explosion as a real life counterpart. Carrying a shittone of weapons isnt a meme in this game it benefits you for having lots of playstyle.

OOCly and ICly people didnt have a problem with it except you MP Mains.
    I have not seen any docs perform a shootout at medbay for having too much weapons because of dead bodies in the lobby nor MTs shooting people.
    Equipment handling procedure should be removed since its limiting marines on how many guns they want to bring.
    Also no sane person would just pick up a gun on the ground and start shooting people.
    As i remember CM is MRP so people dont really give a shit about those things unless you shoot them with the said weapon.
    I dont make the meme SOP sir I just enforce it, like it or no

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to remind marines that if MPs didn't exist they'd be eating a ban for LRP or the CO would be decapitating em for call them a pig.

You can hate MPs, but if they didn't exist a large portion of the player base would be banned.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really, most of the player base is fine with having some fun and doesn't screech to the staff for more ridiculous security features I.E Rules/equipment.

You're not there for RP, you're there as a mini-admin with no actual powers that most sad children use to power-trip.