User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MP Main discussion/qq'ing thread

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It causes an unnecessary Problem to start brigging everyone in the req line, for the most minor things, especially when you do it just to get em out of req to be a dick. If it was in briefing I'd understand but damn. We got safeties on our guns. As Vispain said, you can check it.

But man, Remember Jack Knight? Alot of MP's these days wanna imitate him horribly. And its a good thing we stop that shit.
    Last edited by Bancrose; 03-13-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    It causes an unnecessary Problem to start brigging everyone in the req line, for the most minor things, especially when you do it just to get em out of req to be a dick. If it was in briefing I'd understand but damn. We got safeties on our guns. As Vispain said, you can check it.

But man, Remember Jack Knight? Alot of MP's these days wanna imitate him horribly. And its a good thing we stop that shit.
    This is what I was getting at when I was talking about discression. If we used discression on simple things like this it will reduce everyone's hate for MPs and make it easier to do our job when we need to make an arrest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discretion, yup.

From personal experience, most arrests due to SOP usually happens when the person doesn�t listen and keeps doing what they were told was illegal.

Never should it go straight to arrest
    1. Warn
    2. Then confiscate and/ arrest depending on factors like: their attitude, severity of lawbreak, repeat offender, etcetra.

And cursing out a MP as anything lower than a SSGT is a bad fuckin idea. IF the MP knows his rank and is comfortable with arrests.

On �oh but doctors don�t shoot the school up man, it�s ok we let em run around with guns�... the reason (of several) can be simple as 1. If they have a gun they are likely to not be doing their job. 2. They are civilian doctors, that civilian point aside, they are civilian doctors on a military ship who have no reason to need a gun for safety.

I find MPs who just want a Carson round so they can be shitters to be often on the same level as newbie, inexperienced MPs.

Usually because justice and fairness goes out the window along with quality of MPing.
    All that said.
    I prefer what many people would call �tougher MPs� because they usually actually know the role. The issue is the ones who then take it further then just �enforcing marine law and not turning blind eye to stuff�. It�s the ones who abuse power to just meme annoying MP ( see Carson MPs for an example) OR the ones who know very little, do little and often fail when they try.

On Jack Knight, he can be a cunt at times but like it or not, he really fucking knows his marine law. In his case, he is only that bastard because he takes enforcing marine law strictly... strictly. Probably one of the few who can take the extra step from tough MP to hardass without entering memeMP.
    Last edited by Vispainius; 03-14-2019 at 12:35 AM.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�d say people who imitate Jack Knight try to do so by having an image of him as �strict� or �enforcing every minor detail�.

But that is not the case. What made Knight special was that his correctnes in the way he objectively enforced and interpreted marine law and ability to properly follow procedures/protocol, more so than his strictness in enforcing every minor detail. That is why everyone fails horribly when imitating him.

But in SOP arrests as you mentioned, even if I am simply making said marine aware or trying to instruct them, often enough they are non-compliant or are being assholes back at you like �fuck off MP�. See, I�m over here trying to be nice, lenient and frendly for once as an MP and the marine just throws shit at you.

Apparently they dont understand how nice lenient and friendly you were being until they find themselves in permanent confinement under insubordination charges. >:]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moral of the story: it�s easier to just go along with what a MP asks.

In regards to Jack Knight, yeah Arbs nailed it.

In regards to listening to a MP, honestly guys, personally most of the arrests you get that involve SOP revolve around a person getting warned and then disobeying AND usually going ballistic and/or cursing you out, punching, running, etcetra. Congrats on turning a warning into upwards of 10-perma ( entirely possible depending on what you did).

As for are MPs necessary...
    Yeah.
    Someone mentioned banhammers and BEs having to be more prevalent without them. That�s correct. I�ve had one CO round without MPs and had to BE two mischevious, possibly terrorist, definitely antagonistic civilians due to no MP.

And in another case, I had no MP and had to BE a Private for refusing to stop firing off their weapon in a ExOpbunk and nearly hitting two people.
    Both avoidable if I had MPs, but without them the situation had to be treated with direct CO involvement, culminating in death as no agreements could be reached.
    Sad for their round but necessary all due to lack of the verified role that solves those issues + server IC policy ( which is fine). So yeah. MPs are necessary, always necessary.

I hate incompetent MPs. But at the end of the day, I�d rather have one incompetent MP than no MPs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only issue is, MPS need to use the RIOT gear more. and have some type of non-obscuring mask only for them so that they can handle riots with TEAR gas. I often hear about mutinies, you only need to do is TEAR gas everyone, handcuff and sort things out.

Shoot gas first, ask questions later.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    The only issue is, MPS need to use the RIOT gear more. and have some type of non-obscuring mask only for them so that they can handle riots with TEAR gas. I often hear about mutinies, you only need to do is TEAR gas everyone, handcuff and sort things out.

Shoot gas first, ask questions later.
    ask questions never*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I play MP, I seldom brig anyone. I just give NJPs as most offenses can be written off as behavioral. The only time I brig is if the crime is severe enough, they're especially an asshole, or I don't have time to watch them do pushups or laps.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's change the topic to keep things fresh....let's discuss CO executions and BEs, lawful or not

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riot gear is the last thing you want to use. It is slow, barely any bullet protection. Turns you into a sitting duck in front of a platoon shooting at you. And gas? Well it�s not going to neutralize a platoon that�s shooting at you, maybe hold them back a bit.

But hey don�t let me stop you.