Date of Incident
    December 12, 2022
    Your Character Name?
    Gwen Powers
    Their BYOND Key
    Silencer_pl
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    5:08 AM CST
    Which of the following are you reporting?
    3. Enforcement Action Taken
    Description of the incident
    I and Strobia got into an altercation with the CT after he responded rudely then denied us service after a little help intent shoving from down the line. We responded in kind by breaking his windows (I'm not sure but Strobia may have assaulted the CT since the warning included assaulting him). Then we were promptly warned and noted by Silencer because we had apparently broken OOC rules; Rule 2: Roleplay - Sanity. According to silencer, two sane adults would not respond to being denied service with vandalism and assault.

My counterpoint is;

Tl;dr, this is an IC issue and my IC standpoint is that two groggy veteran marines were shittalked then denied service for something stupid by a POG mf that was acting like a prick, had decided to take matters into their own hands.

this was an IC issue that should've been handled by MPs if they were on-hand. Additionally, from a roleplay standpoint, two veteran marines fresh out of cryo were poorly and rudely handled by some POG logistics PFC that hasn't seen direct combat, then kicked out of the line for a small mistake that may have been due to some other jackass in the req line and denied access to equipment that they want in order to live longer and fight better.
    Evidence
    N/A
    Do you understand that staff make the final decision in the resolution of this report?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I was also noted around this and I wanted to give a quick run down of what happened " ok so, I was in the req line and the person infront of me asked for their order and the CT said " when did I ask" and kicked them out so I asked them if they were willing to take my order they said " no clowning around " and kicked me out so I broke the window punched them twice shot every window inside req and then asked them " is this enough clowning around for you ??" or something like that, silencer admin PM'd me, I explained my actions and how I think it's more of an IC issue that the MP's should deal with and that I didn't want to argue and that they should have a nice day and then they noted me." in all honesty, I do stand next to it being a IC issue that shouldve been dealt with by MP's but if the punishment has to extend to OOC messagecypher did maybe 5% of the damage to req in comparison to me, I really don't think the punishment shouldve ever extended to him.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were sent to the back of the line with your buddy because you were wasting the CT's time. They were not nice about it, but they have the right to do so IC wise.

You reacted to this by destroying all of their stations windows, the windows on both entrances to Requisitions and, for some reason, even the windows leading into the RO's office, you then proceeded to assault the CT. I counted a good 20 panels smashed.

This was done during round-start, while other people were waiting in line and in front of a lot of people.

This was not IC behavior. This was you and your friend acting up OOCly and trying to make the CT miserable for trying to RP with you.

But even if we assume that the above is not the case, form an IC perspective: No same person reacts like this to a simple reprimand by a superior officer. No same person proceeds to smash an entire department and beat up an officer because they are kind of sort of rude to them.

Any IC punishment has nothing to do with the fact that you failed to stick to the bare minimum of IC behavior we expect of any player on our server, or if we stick with the version that this was an IC issue and IC behavior, RPed a person who is clearly mentaly instable and unfit for duty on board a USCM ship, something that is also against our RP rules.

I have explained this to the both of you in detail as long as you were willing to listen to me.
    Last edited by silencer_pl; 12-19-2022 at 01:45 PM.
    Senior Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I'm here (Yangtaiji - Easton Shafer) as witness (no one asked me for it) for clarity sake.

I was on the line when all this happened.

1) I confirm there was an assault on the CT. Saw the shoving multiple times to clear the way to the windows.

2) I confirm the broken windows. Damage to goverment property.

3) I confirm the pushing on marines by the CT after their stuff is given (or denied) even after this incident. The one in front of me got pushed and he thought I did. Nearly picked up a fight with me on mistake for it before the CT clarify : It was they.

That's all I have witnessed. The rest I wasn't paying attention ... Waiting in line can get boring and I was watching a video on my second screen.

Will gladly answer any question you need about what I saw during the round.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true af trying to RP with me when I asked him if he was ready to hear my order and he kicks me out of the line for "clowning around " so true :100: emoji

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Situation logs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ticket:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Lolvax1 PM:

Spoiler Spoiler:

MessageCypher PMs:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being denied service and having the CT be curt/rude to you can be a valid IC reason to be a minor annoyance to them.

A minor annoyance could be pounding on the windows, insulting them, jeering, perhaps maybe breaking one of their windows. A minor annoyance is NOT breaking EVERY single window in Requisitions, and then going further to punch the CT.

In my opinion, you took this too far, and Silencer_pl rightly intervened.