Voloxus_99 - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Voloxus

Marine Name
    Eren 'Dutch' Muller

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Al'Tanu

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Permabanned from Paradise Station on 2018-9-11, Permabanned from Yogstation on 2018-5-23, and Permabanned from Hippie Station on 2018-10-11, as far as I know, those are the only ones.. Back then, I really didn't know how to play the game, so I just did whatever I wanted, but I eventually got serious and learned how to play the game better, and learn to be a better player.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes.

Yautja Character Story
    ***FLASH***

And with it, an echoing boom, and the sound of pouring rain... A young Al'Tanu is seen, perched on top of a tree branch, high in the tree canopy. He slowly scans the ground ever so carefully. A voice comes through his transceiver. "Youngblood, you must learn to use your surroundings to your advantage.. Even without your cloaking, a true warrior must know how to use what he has in any situation." Al'Tanu responds, "Yes Elder, I will do my best to show that I am worthy." "Good, do not return, until you have taken the head of your prey as a trophy.. Follow our teachings we have given you. Go, may Paya grant you a great hunt!" The transceiver clicks off, as the young Al'Tanu continues to scan the floor of the forest below him.

As time passes, he begins to move to the next area. But, just as he prepares to move on, he spots something out of the corner of his eye. He turns to look down, and notices the moving of a bush. Al'Tanu says to himself, "This is it.. This is my chance to prove myself to my Elder, Ce'dahku.. And to Paya, may he bless me with a glorious hunt." Al'tanu begins to carefully navigate the tree canopy, stalking the movement in the bushes below on the forest floor. As he navigates the top of the canopy, he begins to descend down slowly, hopping onto each branch that lowers him down with each leap. Al'Tanu eventually reaches the bottom, jumping off the final branch onto the ground. As he hits the ground, the bush suddenly stops moving, as this happens Al'Tanu looks carefully trying to spot his prey, but maintaining a distance. Suddenly, a black, dome-shaped head pops out from the bush, hissing in response to the noise it heard. The creature comes out, and spots him standing a few meters away. Al'Tanu finally realizes the identity of the prey he had been hunting, was that of a Xenomorph, a Hard-Meat as the Yautja call it. "A Hard-Meat? Then.. This will be a glorious fight! Come forth, Beast! Paya grant me glory!" Al'Tanu strikes a pose with his arms spread out diagonally, with his back arched, he roars at the beast, flicking out his wrist sabres. The beast hisses back, and proceeds to stand on two legs, and roars at him, accepting his challenge.

Both Al'Tanu and the Xenomorph, circle each other, both anticipating when they will strike. Al'Tanu then charges forward, lunging at the Xenomorph with his wrist bracer on his right hand. The Xenomorph just barely dodges it, before slashing at Al'Tanu with it's claw, hitting him in the chest. Al'Tanu then backs up, holding his clawwed chest, then looking at his hand to see blood. This sends Al'Tanu into a rage, and charges at the Xenomorph with both wrist sabres. One by one, the sabre slashes are avoided by the Xenomorph, ever so carefully avoiding them. But luckily one of the sabres find their mark, and it clips the Xenomorph's arm, gashing it deeply. The Xenomorph screeches in response to the wound, and hisses at Al'Tanu, and leaps forward, clawing at him. Al'Tanu manages to block, and avoid most of the claws, being slightly pushed back. Eventually the Xenomorph lunges at Al'Tanu with it's tail, clipping his mask, knocking it off of his head. Al'Tanu falls to the ground, bracing himself up slightly with his arm. He looks at his mask, which has been damaged, having a slice run down from above the left eye, to the bottom of his left cheek. He then turns to see the Xenomorph leap at him, to which he extends his foot, holding it back. Al'Tanu then takes his right wrist sabre, and slashes at the Xenomorph, causing one of it's arms to fly off. Al'Tanu then uses his other legt to kick the Xenomorph in the head, knocking it back, landing on the ground. Al'Tanu then stands.

"You have not only wounded me, but you have knocked off my mask. You fight honorably, Hard-Meat. Let us end this!" Al'Tanu says, standing confidently. The Xenomorph then roars, and charges at him, using it's only other hand to try and claw him. Al'Tanu manages to grab the Xenomorphs hand, and kick it to the ground. Al'Tanu begins walking towards it, as it slowly backs up, hissing at him. Al'Tanu then roars, as he leaps up into the air, landing ontop of the Xenomorph's chest, crushing it. The beast roars faintly, as Al'Tanu raises his wrist sabre, and decapitates the Xenomorph. Al'Tanu then slowly stands, letting out a victory war-cry, the sound of his cry echoes throughout the forest. He then bends down to pick up his Trophy, and his sliced mask. He then leaps above, landing on one of the tree branches, making his way back to his camp.

The rain slowly dies down, coming to an end by the time Al'Tanu reaches the camp. He walks into the camp, wearing his sliced mask, as well as carrying his Trophy. Al'Tanu then spots 5 Yautja gathered by the tent, they take notice of him, and his state. "Al'Tanu! You have done it! Paya grants you glory!" his , Rek'Tanu states, coming up to him, holding his shoulder, shaking it. Al'Tanu says back, "Thank you, My brother. Paya has blessed me with a glorious hunt! And a worthy prey!" The Elder then steps forward. "Al'Tanu, you have gone forward, honoring our traditions and teachings we have given you. You have passed your trials as a Youngblood, and have brought yourself forth with honor. Today, you stand amongst your fellow Yautja as a Warrior." The Yautja around him, including his Brother and Elder, cry out with honor, and rejoice. The Elder then says, "Al'Tanu, there is further glory to be had in a nearby system, we think you are ready.. We will be sending you, and your brother to the planet of that system. We have observed it to be infested with Hard-Meats. There also appears to be Soft-Meats orbiting above the planet.. An interesting hunting ground this will be for the both of you. We will send you shortly to the planet, we hope you bring forth more glory."

The rest of the Yautja at the camp celebrate their newest Warrior, having a feast around the campfire. Sharing hunting stories with honor, and glory.. The following day, the Yautja board their hunting ship, setting their course for the next system marked for their hunting grounds. The ship fades in the distance as it cloaks, and leaves the atmosphere.. Heading to their Glory.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    My Yautja acts with great respect torwards the Honor Code, and greets his fellow hunters. I intend to play Al'Tanu as an honorable warrior, setting an example to all of those who walk the path, seeking glory of the hunt.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honor-duel would be two opponents fighting for their own glory, or out of good-sport, this does not have to result in death, but can rather end in mercy, or a trophy given to the winner of the duel. Where as a hunt is about claiming one's body, or skull as their trophy. gaining honor, and glory through their worthy prey they have killed.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I intend to interact with them like I would any honorable Yautja, and observe them as they hunted, or dueled. Complementing them on their worthy kills, and duels.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I've always liked interacting with predators, as well as honor-dueling them, they are very interesting and really keep the role play on a high note. The players that play as these know how to keep games interesting, as it doesn't have to be bloodshed every time, sometimes they are merciful, and will let you keep your life for fighting honorably. I love their play style very much, and I would love to help broaden that horizon, I want to make the game even more interesting, interacting with marines, and aliens alike.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the story is basically you fighting a xenomorph this is pretty generic but is well written that's good, I don't recognize your name, �are you a low-pop player?.

honestly your predator playstyle is the usual playstyle for preds.

I'm Remaining Neutral until more feedback appears, although I have 2 Questions for you.

1.- You're doing a Honor Duel agaisn't a marine, Another pred comes and kills your rival and laughts at you saying you are weak. �What you do?

2.-.A Fellow Hunter Died and marines retrieves his gear sending it to the almayer, you're the only Hunter left alive. �What You Do?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: If the fellow Predator was given permission to interfere with the honor duel, I would take it as an insult, and demand that he fight me in an honor duel, to prove who was truly weak. If he wasn't given permission, he just broke the honor code. Which is against the Honor Code Rules.

2: If there were a team of two hunters, you could head up to the USS Almayer to retrieve the fellow hunter's gear. However since I am alone, it is forbidden to go up there by myself. As a lone predator I am only restricted to planet-side gear recovery.

Also, yeah, im a little lop-pop but i've been playing actively, if I can, almost every day.
    Last edited by Voloxus_99; 03-16-2019 at 04:39 PM. Reason: To answer edgardo's question of "Am I a Lol-Pop Player?"

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player has the following for play time:

Sept - 92.75hrs
    Oct - 1.31hrs
    Nov - Feb - 0hrs
    March - 32.80hrs

Total of 126.86hrs since Sept, 2018.

As for the app, it's generic, beyond generic infact. Your predator has 0 character to him other than "Me pred, me click, me kill for honor and trophy" *click *click. We have been taking a strong stance against generic pred apps, and unfortunately this fits that bill.

as for the story, it was bland and unimaginative.

Character: -1
    Story: -1
    Time played: +1 - I'm willing to look past the 4 month hiatus.
    Reputation in the community: Neutral, I have no idea who you are.

Overall: -1

Use your brain juices! There is an entire organ up there that wants to be used, use it!
    Last edited by RobBrown4PM; 03-16-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen Muller in-game. What roles do you play, and what RP have you engaged in, in those roles?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see you've got a lot of hours in without issue on this server but your App fell into a common pit-fall of more action scene than telling us about your Yautja.

I think if you get your name out there a bit more and ask for some help in the whitelisted channel to revise your app, you'll be fine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually play Doctor, Squad medic, Squad Leader, and SO. But I mostly tend to spawn as an Alien some of the times. The RP i've engaged with would be Alien, I came upon a lone predator, and we both engaged in what was an honor duel, the fighting had lasted roughly 3-4 minutes, but we were backing close to the Alamo Dropship, and one of the marines spotted me and torched me with a flamethrower. He then dragged me to my sisters, and tried to get them to save me, but it was too late.. He then dragged my body over to a secluded area, and commended me for my valiant fight, and told me to "Rest well, Warrior." I think I loved that little bit of fighting we had. As well as the small commentary.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers were Okay, but sadly I'm with Rob, your character is pretty generic.

Neutral until more feedback

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although the story and everything is lacking it still shows you put effort into it. Your playtime is there but I dont really know you. I'd say try again in a month and get the story down tight. -1
    Kaitlynn Lawson The Captain: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=18802
    Alicia The Motherly Synthetic: https://cm-ss13.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=17406
    Ja'akir Aki The Messenger of the Gods: //showthrea...or-Application
    Staff history:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    My Yautja acts with great respect torwards the Honor Code, and greets his fellow hunters. I intend to play Al'Tanu as an honorable warrior, setting an example to all of those who walk the path, seeking glory of the hunt.
    This is not a playstyle. You are describing how every Yautja acts.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    I intend to interact with them like I would any honorable Yautja, and observe them as they hunted, or dueled. Complementing them on their worthy kills, and duels.
    This is extremely bland and, once again, how a cookie cutter Yautja would act.

Your story doesn't accomplish anything that hasn't been accomplished before, moreover there are a bunch of punctuation errors along the line. It's pretty bland anyways - but I can see the effort.

I urge you to ask in #whitelist-app-help next time you make an application. You've got what you need to make a good application, but you fluked this one with an extremely basic character concept and no quirk/gimmick/playstyle.

Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...