User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: There needs to be a player limit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say with scalability, just open up Almayer's Third deck with modular options. If for a interim solution, the ship can be a B-type of Almayer. Truthfully, the colony facilities should be made more use of but that can be tough to expect, unless 65% of ground forces are longer time players of CM. That does make me wonder if multiple dropships can use the same LZ.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 at max.

135 starts lagging, 180 gets frustrating and anything above 200 is literally unplayable for Europeans and other non Americans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm honestly surprised there isn't a player cap. Anything over 150 becomes fucking annoying and I simply avoid playing.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renomaki View Post
    The problem with that is that, in the event the population wanes dramatically (which it could), you'll end up with a much more empty environment that might seem excessive.

Lets say we replaced our dropship/ships with some kind of jumbo class, 80 seat with room for 2 tanks heavy transport ship, big and bulky to the point you have to remake the LZs on every map to fit their mighty girth. Might be good for when you have a ton of marines to load onto a pair of ships, but what if the population doesn't stick around long enough for these ships to really settle in? All of a sudden, you got these fatass dropships feeling a whole lot more... Wasteful in land occupation. Plus it would also hurt the little details too.

And in the case of expanding departments, how will the game be balanced if medical suddenly got like, 3 more autodocs to work with, or cargo has 2 more service stations to serve marines? What to do with excess staff in these departments when the population drops to 150 or less?
    The thing to remember is that, at least with the dropships, this isn't some issue that's far off in the future. There's currently seating for 20-30 Marines, but the vast majority of the time only one dropship's used for deployments and even if every shipside role is filled in a 120+ pop round, we can still have easily twice the number of Marines Alamo or Normandy should realistically hold in one drop. Fights break out because people don't want to lay down and make more room, evacs are bottlenecked and made harder by the fact nobody wants to get to the other side of the ship and there's no space to move around at the door everyone's piling in at, things like that. At least for the Dropships, we're at the point where, no matter what, they need to be adjusted and enlarged sooner rather than later. If nothing else, I'd make the "isles" between the seats two tiles wide and put a two tile gap between the central wall and the cockpit door so there's room to move around at least.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cap at 200 like others said.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    200 at max.

135 starts lagging, 180 gets frustrating and anything above 200 is literally unplayable for Europeans and other non Americans.
    freedom GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    imagine if 80+ ppl didnt join TGMC server and had to come here too, CM would implode with baldies
    Okay you do realize,

1. CM has already imploded with baldies from the ssethtide.

2. CM has three if not four times the amount of player pop TGMC normally gets. Making the networth of bald on CM obviously higher.

3. Of those 80+ players you are talking about from TGMC, 30-40 are regular/consistent players.

Your whole statement is false, ignorant, and to be quite frank annoying to me.

You seem to assume everyone who plays TGMC is bald which isn't true. I don't think you've ever even played on the server to know.

Even if all of the pop on TGMC did come to CM you'd still only end up with 40ish new players. Which is nothing compared to CMs average.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevorious View Post
    Okay you do realize,
    snip
    bro everyone is a baldie either here or there, and even if what u say is true, 40 more ppl is a lot of lag, also can u chill lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimo View Post
    bro everyone is a baldie either here or there, and even if what u say is true, 40 more ppl is a lot of lag, also can u chill lol

Please-just-stop-Stop-Meme.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cm man bad, check out tgmc guys! theres less baldies and more content,