User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we have a few Bootcamp days?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we do.

35 53.03%
  • No we don't, they can learn themselves.

25 37.88%
  • Shut up moron.

6 9.09%
  • Lets just take our server off the hub like other servers for a few days.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vote on "Bootcamp Day" for new Sseth tide players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we need is to start banning players for not reading the rules before playinf. It says clearly in the menu about it.

The moment we start banning these unwilling to learn players the tide will turn

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More mentors to teach these new players would also help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see this working in any meaningful way. It's cool to think about though. I think going as far as to design a new Almayer and include drill instructor roles/sprites/whatever would be a bit far. I don't know if that'd be entirely necessary just to teach players how to click on a sprite.

Also, running an IC boot camp would be difficult - it's not easy to train someone to do something, especially keeping it IC and not dwelling into LOOC. Imagine IC teaching someone how to eat a protein bar and not dwelling into LOOC (I ended up having to force-feed the guy his protein bar. It was not a fun time for me). And I don't see that many qualified people capable of doing that.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    I don't see this working in any meaningful way. It's cool to think about though. I think going as far as to design a new Almayer and include drill instructor roles/sprites/whatever would be a bit far. I don't know if that'd be entirely necessary just to teach players how to click on a sprite.

Also, running an IC boot camp would be difficult - it's not easy to train someone to do something, especially keeping it IC and not dwelling into LOOC. Imagine IC teaching someone how to eat a protein bar and not dwelling into LOOC (I ended up having to force-feed the guy his protein bar. It was not a fun time for me). And I don't see that many qualified people capable of doing that.
    That shit really happened?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a bootcamp server with limit of around 50 players, maybe five instructors and some papers spread around on a bootcamp map and all that shit while the trainees aren't limited with skill system like the actual server so they can actually try more than one role.

Running a second server with only probably only 30 players on it shouldn't be that hard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigazer View Post
    That shit really happened?
    Yep -- and I was the CO, too. Imagine a prim-and-proper Captain literally force-feeding a clothes-less unga his protein bar, because he couldn't figure out how to eat it himself. That mental image you have is exactly what it was like.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everything but the forum applications.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly i'll say what i think, even tho i'm pretty sure its controversial

I learned every role in SS13 by myself, going on to the wiki, and trying to click, the only really troublesome thing is when you first start and the unblucke thing, so i think that all that is needed is an ad when you join (to buckle and unbuckle yourself, drag the person to the chair to buckle, and click the chair to umbuckle) {chair/seat/bed/ idk}

i feel like ss13 is quite interesting even more the learning itself is fun, making a bootcamp will take a lot out of it, like said before

plus in this tide more than once i teached myself the chemist how to make the meds i needed, and honestly he did pretty good, and took almost no time to point him the wiki and write some tips like (always use pills) (a bottle have 16 slots and that it) (the labeler and how to use it)

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandos33 View Post
    honestly i'll say what i think, even tho i'm pretty sure its controversial

I learned every role in SS13 by myself, going on to the wiki, and trying to click, the only really troublesome thing is when you first start and the unblucke thing, so i think that all that is needed is an ad when you join (to buckle and unbuckle yourself, drag the person to the chair to buckle, and click the chair to umbuckle) {chair/seat/bed/ idk}

i feel like ss13 is quite interesting even more the learning itself is fun, making a bootcamp will take a lot out of it, like said before

plus in this tide more than once i teached myself the chemist how to make the meds i needed, and honestly he did pretty good, and took almost no time to point him the wiki and write some tips like (always use pills) (a bottle have 16 slots and that it) (the labeler and how to use it)
    yes, it's funny how abundant that problem of buckling is, lol

I personally think we should just open up a new server and have people come there to learn to play, make it optional and put a link to it in the CM splash page or whatever, and ban the shitters that come to grief, and we'll be set

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    yes, it's funny how abundant that problem of buckling is, lol

I personally think we should just open up a new server and have people come there to learn to play, make it optional and put a link to it in the CM splash page or whatever, and ban the shitters that come to grief, and we'll be set
    those deam belts hehehehe