User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Experiences and interactions with the Ssethtide (New Players)

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post
    Also an MP made me help a bald CT and by the time I left he was vending attachments like a pro. Then he decided to shoot up req and got brigged.
    I remember that round. We heard this and you said you taught him, so I just asked "why'd you teach the CT how to kill, Brad?" That was a fun one.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superjo98 View Post
    As Brad I helped a shit ton of new players. There was a guy named "Pizza Pasta" who I guided to alpha prep to get geared up, then some doctor with the name "numongous higger" came in and started beating him with a flame thrower, I stopped the mad doctor who was admin slept and then an admin bwoinked me to ask if I could to take him to cryo. Pizza Pasta at that point wanted to figure out things for himself and I let him be. Also an MP made me help a bald CT and by the time I left he was vending attachments like a pro. Then he decided to shoot up req and got brigged. Also I got this medal. Attachment 453
    i wasnt an MP, I was an assistance officer, speshul meme rank CO made to help new arrivals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One day, I was XO for a really crap CO who ordered a ladder rush on Ice Colony... Yeah, not great. I ended up leading a mutiny consisting of the entire station (I literally) had to grab names from people flooding the CIC. Needless to say, the CO didn't survive for long. Aswell, there was a *lot* of FF. The entire CIC turned into me hiding in the CO cube in the middle of the CIC telling everyone to stop fighting over announcements. The blood lust was shortly stopped by the Xenos hijacking the shuttle. The ~50 of us left had no hope against the 45 Xenos, so it was off the the SD!

Only about 20 of us where left when we got the defenses set up and the doors open. Then that's when I heard it.

GRENADE OUT (x2)

And wouldn't you be surprised that those nades did a summer salt back flip off the cades and blew up 17 marines.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bwoinking all the people for all the names. You think it, I've probably bwoinked them for it.

Had people try to argue that the name Nig Bigger is an acceptable name. Same for "Cuntosaur".

Although most of the people I've had to bwoink were quite willing to learn. Hopefully they've had some good experiences on the server, even though we're doing a play by post event on high pop now
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x31stOverlord View Post
    Bwoinking all the people for all the names. You think it, I've probably bwoinked them for it.

Had people try to argue that the name Nig Bigger is an acceptable name. Same for "Cuntosaur".

Although most of the people I've had to bwoink were quite willing to learn. Hopefully they've had some good experiences on the server, even though we're doing a play by post event on high pop now
    This is so true and it's honestly almost humorous, although I am sure it is annoying for admins. I saw oWo and Elon Musk as names tonight alone. I still stand by the fact that some new marines are genuinely great to RP with. If they actually try to talk and learn I am more than willing to help, and very happy that we have new players that want to play the game and join our community.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    As Henrik, a new player came to beat me with a pickaxe planetside and ICly complained about my "improper name which is against naming rules". I then proceeded to stunbaton them and wait for MPs to arrive, only to realise that the MP was a baldie too with the name "Police".
    Nuff said.
    My sides

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a while ago. On an ice colony round I was the SL for alpha and was doing my best to assist any new marines. Most of them didn't need much guiding so in the end I only ended up taking one PFC under my wing. Taught him some things. Reassured them in the dropship as we were going down. First order of business was to check out excav.

...The PFC ended up exploding in a bad CAS strike as we walked in. The corpse was intact but no medic wanted to treat them.

Hopefully they ended up doing more rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I took a look through SSeth's channel to get an idea of what we are dealing with.

Man, there is some shit that would give Citadel/VOREStation a run for its money. I cant even describe it, you HAVE to see some of this shit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It�s like the Brazilian Plague we had 2 years ago

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > receive an ahelp that a player needs a mentor
    > Jump on the said player to see a naked Charlie marine blocked in Alpha prep
    > Get in Alpha prep with my Delta Marine to Icly and OOCly help the guy to find his way as he did not understand what East and West were
    > Local MP find you in Charlie Prep and decide to arrest you for 20mn minutes. Reason: Trespassing
    > *sighs.
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic