0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGayboomer View Post
    ReAl HeRoS VoTe IcE aNd LeAvE ThE SeRvEr
    Boomer is gay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My solution to the problem is to play doctor or xeno.

I did quite like the fun shenanigans that were quite decidedly not round-disturbing.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have we actually had more than 2 people in a round do this gimmick? if no then i honestly see no problem. stopping your fun altogether because "what if" sets a dangerous precedent for future ideas. most people in the server won't even fucking do any fun RP because they want to shoot guns and you give shipside roles something to do, especially MPs who often just wander around aimlessly. personally it seems to me like the type of thing someone would try once and then go back playing team deathmatch. I don't see the problem with this.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally agree with acute, if it leads to problems then we can handle it as it shouldn�t be allowed.
    It�s similar to the whole �marriage is not allowed� which was added.
    We only banned it after it became a problem. It was ignored until we had a whole ceremony and shit cause problems on the ship.

Just my opinion though.
    Characters
    Alex Rossfield - Marine Roles
    Luke Diamond - Captain
    Lukas - Synthetic
    Alex Rossfield
    CM History
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    You kinda left the part out where I actually saw your point was valid and while trying to discuss it, you basically told me "You made me sad If I can't do this ill just play on TGMC server instead"

Then you cyroed and left the server before I could discuss it further. I saw your point was valid, but obviously you see my concern that this is becoming a common occurrence with the whole "Junior/Deputy/Intern" thing, and could lead others to wanting to do it.

What happens when we have a whole squad of PFCs who ask the CO "Hey can I be a Junior MP instead like Ana Bow?"

Myself and the Admin manager discussed it in depth, and he said a CO/aCO should not be entertaining it or holding OCS classes during a operation.

However, I said you could finish the round and was going to tell you I was going to talk to Emeraldblood about it being allowed or not, but you quit.
    I'm also pretty sure if I said I would keep you in mind for roles with admin events if we were both online and I was running one.
    yeah I said the tgmc thing because I figured they'd allow me to do it without any problems, sorry if I came off as whiny, that wasn't my intention. I left after the round because the interaction kinda put me in a bad mood and at that point I didn't really want to keep doing it.

If it becomes more common, have it run by CO, and if they approve too many, deal with that decision, the CO would have the right to approve or disapprove these gimmicks so the choice would be up to them.

When you said you would talk to emerald about it, I figured you would get back to me about it later that day or the day after, as staff are usually busy and this was a relatively minor incident

I appreciate keeping me in mind for events in the future, I do, but at the time I was mostly just upset over the ruling and killed a bit of my enjoyment of the round at that time

also bancrose, whenever I do these events, the point was never to deploy, if I wanted to deploy at all or had plans to, I wouldnt be asking for ship side reassignment, whenever I get denied by COs I usually just go to cryo and wait for the next round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine warning someone for being High-Rolplay. As far as I'm concerned Ana's gimmick does nothing but improve the round, which is more than I can say for most peoples gimmicks.

I feel like this was a bad call by the admin team who warned Ana at the time and maybe you should take this to a staff report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine warning someone for actually roleplaying. It's like you want this server to turn into noRP click simulator.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slduggy

I feel like this was a bad call by the admin team who warned Ana at the time and maybe you should take this to a staff report.
    Hey guys instead of having a normal conversation/discussion about it let�s just report the dumb admin for ruining muh fun.

Anyway it�s been discussed with staff and I told Ana Bow at the moment until Emerald or another head makes a decision I won�t tell them they can�t do it.

Oh by the way the issue came up because people were asking why Ana Bow was getting tazed and shot with teargas while Inside the MP execution chamber by the CMP and every MP online
    Oh and they weren't officially warned, no notes or anything
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 03-21-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys instead of having a normal conversation/discussion about it let�s just report the dumb admin for ruining muh fun.

Anyway it�s been discussed with staff and I told Ana Bow at the moment until Emerald or another head makes a decision I won�t tell them they can�t do it.

Oh by the way the issue came up because people were asking why Ana Bow was getting tazed and shot with teargas while Inside the MP execution chamber by the CMP and every MP online
    Oh and they weren't officially warned, no notes or anything
    That was a hilarious thing XO cooked up, I was fine with it and the mps we're loocing that they thought it was fun too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happens when we have a whole squad of PFCs who ask the CO "Hey can I be a Junior MP instead like Ana Bow?"
    Presumably one PFC in a round asking to be given a junior position in a department would get the greenlight, because that's a fun little oddity and doesn't impact the round, and an entire squad's worth would get told to pound sand because someone needs to go down there and shoot the bad men. Given that it was always up to the CO's discretion, I don't think there'd be any problems, because there's a human being there who has the ability to make a judgement on whether it would be fine or disruptive.