Your Byond ID?
    KingPhilipIII

Your Character Name?
    Elder Empress

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Kineem

Accused Character Name
    Duke

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    12:05 EST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Synthetic Guidelines

Description of the incident:
    Over the course of the round, I did not interact with Duke for the most part until the hive had been all but wiped out. I was running through the barrens when I was trapped in a group of marines. I screeched to escape when Duke began attempting to bodyblock me. He didn't attack me yet(He might have? I didn't see the logs there was so much going on.)but the effort was evident.

I only escaped because he ate a burst of rifle fire from a nearby marine, slowing him down enough for me to hightail it out of there. The real issue I have with his behavior came shortly later. I'm in the secure dome preparing to get on my ovipositor when Duke rushes into the dome. It's already been searched by the intelligence teams, and looted of it's goodies, there really should be no real reason to go in there. Duke runs straight up and stops about five tiles away and says "What the fuck"(I could figure it out from the available letters through the translation.).

Having Duke already make an attempt on my life before, I stop oving and rush towards him. I forget Synthetics are immune to tackles(More or less) neurotoxin and my screech and attempt to kill him. He starts retaliating with the drill(Unrelated but the drill needs a major nerf. It's telebaton OP before that nerf) and in five hits has me down to near crit. I try to disengage when a runner comes in and starts pushing him back into the secure dome, which he ignores and rushes out and finishes me off with the drill. Seriously, lone synth rushes Xenomorph Queen in isolated part of the map with zero backup, carrying a weapon that can't be stored on your person and must be held in your hands?

Would have been funny if it was anyone besides the unstunnable synth that doesn't go into paincrit had been the one to do it.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I don't have any screenshots on hand, but I'm sure the admins can pull plenty of logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    Revoke his Synth whitelist, This isn't even the first time he's shown hyper aggressive behavior and combat synthing, it's just usually not so egregious he chases down the Xenomorph Queen by himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs for this momentarily.

Edit:

Initial Contact at the Hydro bridge fog gap.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Following that incident at the Hydro fog gap, Kingphilip moved to secure storage without being spotted or called out, as far as I could tell based on logs.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp following the incident.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Anoonki; 03-26-2019 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Finally Added the logs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs: Keep in mind that pushes and the such do not show up.

Queen runs into Duke+Marines.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Duke goes to secure storage in search of intel and runs into the queen.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my side of the story.

I was sent down to the colony by the Captain to build the FOB because we didn't have many engineers. I spent most of my round scavenging planetside for materials and slowly building the FOB because we did not get supplied until later on. While I was gathering materials an IO who walked by me at Nexus asked me to come with him to open Secure Dome, which according to him, had a lot of intel inside. I told him that I was preoccupied with building the FOB, and he walked off while I continued scavenging. This will be important later.

I finished building the LZ defense right after the RO sent supplies and I then headed to TFort to see if anybody needed medical treatment, or to just ferry corpses and intel back to the LZ. Right as I cross the bridge gap the Empress and three or four other Xenos run straight at the bridge exit.

I assume they are trying to rush Hydro, because the Queen instantly runs onto the bridge and starts fighting Bravo lead who's on the bridge as well. For the most part I try to stay out of the way of the fighting by sticking to the west side of the gap. I report over comms "Hydro contact". The Queen had ran straight onto the bridge itself while the fog was still up and the Xenos were around the exit of the bridge, so the only way past the xenos was by going right through the bridge gap. She fucked up the Bravo squad lead and then began leaving the bridge, heading back to TFort and going west. When she came near me I thought she was trying to slash me (there were only two or three other marines nearby) after critting the Bravo lead so I hit her and I got full bursted, then she continued to run away.

I then ran over to the squad lead and tried treating him, but he kept running away from me so I left him alone and instead treated an SG standing beside me, then began repairing my minor injuries.

When I finished up my repairs I recalled the IO from earlier who told me Secure Dome was full of intel, so I ran out of Hydro and made my way over to Secure Dome. I stopped mid-way to ask over Intel if it had been searched yet but I didn't know the proper prefix so I used :i instead of :z, saying it out loud in the dark, and I continued walking. I remembered the correct prefix as I entered TComms, so I then asked again it over Intel comms.

I made it to Secure Dome and walked inside to sweep it again for intel. As I was sweeping it I spotted the Queen far off in the dark. At this time I absolutely wasn't expecting the Queen to be inside. I thought the bridge was the only gap in the fog and I knew for a fact the Queen didn't make it past that gap and I didn't expect the bitch to have actually houdini'd her way past the marines. I typed out "What the fuck.", partially out of surprise and partially to show the Queen that I wasn't going to just walk up and murder her- usually Xenos calm down if they see you standing still and trying to talk to them. An example earlier this round was of a lurker way earlier who got onto the Alamo, killed the POs, and then didn't attack me when I stood still and said something to him.

I was hoping that'd be enough to show I was passive. I was standing still and wasn't trying to do anything but the Queen rushed me the moment she noticed me, so we got into a fight. A Runner came inside as the both of us were fighting but he didn't really do anything to me so I ended up killing the Queen shortly after the fight began. The runner pounced me a few more times afterwards but I saw he wasn't slashing me so I disengaged, and the Runner then decided to leave me alone and scurried off.

I spent the rest of the round looking for intel, primarily an IO's corpse who reportedly had a ton of intel on him, and occasionally treated some people that I happened upon while walking around.

----------------------------------------

Look man. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I'm a synth, so I won't provoke fights unless I think my life is in danger, but if you walk up and start trying to kill me I'm going to fight back.

If you'd notice, that supposed "reputation" I have of hyper aggressive behavior is literally baseless. All of the players who whine and rant about me "combat synthing" never make reports or provide any evidence whatsoever. It's always xenos who got robusted and then go "fucking combat synth", then cry to council in PMs because they know they'd get assblasted if they made a player report. The average xeno who complains about me combat synthing will play lurker, walk up and slash me as I'm building barricades in some far fuck off corner of the map, and then wait in that specific fucking spot to do it again, a minute later after I had already walked off and left them alone. Then after getting beat to near crit they go into hivemind to say "fucking combat synth".

That's actually happened before and aptly summarizes the typical xeno that attacks me then complains about it. Someone took a screenshot of them saying it in hivemind and sent it to me after the round ended, which is how I even know about it.

The typical aggressive xeno mindset is "He's a synth...", and instead of thinking "...he will not try to attack me so long as I'm ignoring him", they go "...therefore I must kill him, the synth, the guy who cannot use guns or actively fight people, because he will do things and maybe even talk at me". Some people just can't handle the concept of synths fighting even though it explicitly states in guidelines synths can fight in states of emergency or in self defense. It's as if they just want synths to be pathetic weaklings that crumple the moment they get touched, demanding synths be made weaker and less stronger even though they're already disadvantaged with the inability to use guns and receive more burn damage than standard humans. While they cannot be paincritted they still limp like an absolute bitch when injured, which is basically as good as paincritted anyway.

The fact you think a melee weapon critting you in about seven to eight hits is "OP" when used by the strongest melee attacker in game is very strange to me, because a BC AP rifle will crit you in like six bursts as an Elder Empress even with Warding and doesn't require marines to be up close and personal- but I'm digressing here.

In regards to your accusation that I was looking for a fight by simply having a weapon, I want to clarify something. Me carrying a weapon does not equal me being an aggressive combatant. Me hitting you earlier, once, (which I wouldn't constitute as an "attempt on your life", mind you) doesn't mean I'm going to be permanently hostile towards you, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't just walk up and murderbone while you were going ovi.

I frequently carry weapons when I play synth because I know for a fact some lurker or warrior is going to whisper "me strong xeno, me kill non-hostile" under their breath and try to kill me at some point in the round, no matter what I'm doing. I prefer the drill because it doesn't have a noticeable sprite so if a xeno sees me walking near them or walking around them to go somewhere, they won't assume I'm trying to beat them over the head with a melee weapon, making it more likely we'll both walk away peacefully. I just drop it when I heal people or build barricades and pick it up when I'm done or something attacks.

If you just continued going into ovi or ignored me I would not have attacked you Phllip. I was kinda hoping to RP since I've really only ever met Queens on the frontline. I never had a full conversation with another xeno that round so I couldn't speak to you in Xenomorph. The best I could do was speak English and hope you'd try to respond. You did respond, just with your claws, and so you got killed for it. If anything I'm just upset we didn't get to RP or anything like that.

For what it's worth, I respect Philip for deciding to make a report instead of just complaining to his friends or making baseless accusations in private, even if I think a lot of it is just salt and I think I haven't broken a rule.
    Last edited by Kineem; 03-26-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    Snip
    For the record, this isn't really report related, I don't attack synths unless they've proven themselves hostile. I find it's generally more interesting to let them wander around and do their thing as long as they don't start shit. A number of staff can vouch for me on this, as I frequently am someone who ahelps "Synth is to be ignored. Smite anyone who attacks it for no reason." but this goes out the window once I've been attacked once or they've proven to actively hinder the hive. It's exactly why I mentioned the bridge, body blocking isn't an uncommon thing for a Synth to do, and I've seen plenty try it on top of being ridiculous to enforce, my point with that was so people couldn't argue "Oh I immedietly picked a fight with robit boi when he stumbled on me without giving him a chance to RP", no, you'd already shown hostile intent in attacking me, at which point you were on my shitlist.

With regards to stopping and standing still, that works much better for xenomorphs that aren't being hunted down by deathsquads of marines. By the time I read your message and saw "what the fuck" I was next to you and slashing you. I saw the typing indicator and again knowing you attacked me already figured you were probably reporting my location to the marines in case I got lucky and decapitated you in the fight. Maybe a lurker who has a safe place to retreat to won't panic, but not a Queen who's hiding. Again, that's not really related to the report, but maybe adjust your future behavior with this in mind.

As far as a history, you're the same Synth I've seen on Prison with a riot shield and a telebaton, or a machete and a riot shield on big red, so on. I've seen marines cheer on Duke for dabbing on xenos(Whether they provoked the assault or not) because it's funny. Trying to deny that you're a Synth who gears up for the possibility of combat in a somewhat excessive manner is ridiculous. As far as general character, you've also been an earmuff marine, so you can run up and wreck the Queen during the screech, you run around duel wielding shotguns for that sweet double pointblank damage. Yes it's mechanically allowed, but trying to defend that as anything other than minmaxing(I'm somewhat loathe to call it powergaming) is hopeless.

Finally, with the whole melee weapon OP thing, you're making a false comparison, trying to liken a melee weapon that bypasses all armor and does straight damage to a rifle that even at close range has the chance to 1.Miss, 2.Have it's Damage reduced, 3.Have it's damage negated entirely. Yea someone can pointblank me and eat a third of my health, but atleast I can see someone is holding a shotgun, I can't see the drill, and it doesn't carry all the same baggage ranged combat does. This is exactly why Apophis discouraged that temporary meme of surrounding a crusher and bayoneting it to death, since it's relatively small health pool meant melee destroyed it.

Last edit: This is exactly why I hate making player reports, I have nothing against you personally, you're not an asshole to me, we usually don't interact, you seem like a cool enough guy, and for a brief moment I did contemplate oving and telling you to go away without the need for violence(Or just let you kill me if you were there for that) before pragmatism told me I didn't have the luxury of roleplaying, you were almost certainly there to kill me, and I had forty marines hunting for me, twenty burrowed larva that'll die if I die and the rest of the hive scattered trying to survive.
    Last edited by KingPhilipIII; 03-26-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fellas, let's not mince words here, keep it civil. If there was any previous behavior you felt was violating any role play guidelines not posted on this report, you should have made an applicable report sooner.

Us in the Synth Council are aware of this report, and we'll post another comment on this issue shortly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    Description of the incident:Over the course of the round, I did not interact with Duke for the most part until the hive had been all but wiped out. I was running through the barrens when I was trapped in a group of marines. I screeched to escape when Duke began attempting to bodyblock me. He didn't attack me yet(He might have? I didn't see the logs there was so much going on.)but the effort was evident.

I only escaped because he ate a burst of rifle fire from a nearby marine, slowing him down enough for me to hightail it out of there. The real issue I have with his behavior came shortly later. I'm in the secure dome preparing to get on my ovipositor when Duke rushes into the dome. It's already been searched by the intelligence teams, and looted of it's goodies, there really should be no real reason to go in there. Duke runs straight up and stops about five tiles away and says "What the fuck"(I could figure it out from the available letters through the translation.).

Having Duke already make an attempt on my life before, I stop oving and rush towards him. I forget Synthetics are immune to tackles(More or less) neurotoxin and my screech and attempt to kill him. He starts retaliating with the drill(Unrelated but the drill needs a major nerf. It's telebaton OP before that nerf) and in five hits has me down to near crit. I try to disengage when a runner comes in and starts pushing him back into the secure dome, which he ignores and rushes out and finishes me off with the drill. Seriously, lone synth rushes Xenomorph Queen in isolated part of the map with zero backup, carrying a weapon that can't be stored on your person and must be held in your hands?

Would have been funny if it was anyone besides the unstunnable synth that doesn't go into paincrit had been the one to do it.
    We Synth Councilors spoke on this issue, and I've personally asked for the opinions of 3rd parties such as Deanthelis and Jerkface00 for advice on this particular report.

Regarding synthetic guidelines, we've concluded Kineem's character Duke was acting within character of his synthetic, and maintained roleplay standards.
    He hit you a single time in the first encounter, 3 minutes prior to your death in the secure dome because you attacked a marine player; Duke was acting in defense of a marine, and didn't hunt you down.
    In the second encounter at the secure dome, Duke was searching for intel, there were no obvious signs you were tracked as stated by Anoonki, and the logs he posted. He was standing still motionless as you moved forward to neuro him, at the same tick he said "What the fuck" and slashed him; Duke saying that line was cinematic, and it fits with his quirk of being like a main character in an action film. Duke showed he was trying to atleast roleplay with you beforehand. He then proceeded to kill you with the mech drill he possessed, which was more of a novelty than anything else, but that's besides the point.

On mech drill balance and their use by synthetics, that is exclusively for the dev team to decide, and I asked Deanthelis about it so I could be absolutely and undeniably certain that this wasn't an issue of "Synthetic Powergaming." The drill is machete/telebaton tier, but with a poor click delay. They didn't go out of their way to rush you with this. It's basically a meme weapon like the stool, and you can't even backpack it. Duke would have literally been better off asking the Captain for a baton than to use the drill.

We recommend no action taken against Kineem, and to use acid spit instead of neuro next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Soluble's statement I have no further complaints I suppose, although next time I will resolve to murder my assailants in more efficient manners in the future.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, to keep it all simple, no rules were really broken here and the drill was since rebalanced. It's up to the Queen to not be body blocked and second time around you did start hostilities with him. As such, no action is needed in this report. Resolved.