Your Byond ID?
    Whiteflicker

Your Character Name?
    Anna 'Pepper' Costello

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    SolubleWhenWet

Accused Character Name
    Jason Hakim

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    18:20 CEST (around 12:20 Central US time), 27/03/2019

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2, Roleplay,

Description of the incident:
    So the situation was hectic, I get that. What I'm making this report is to get the EXACT, LOGICAL reason why I had to be battlefield executed, despite the fact that it WASN'T MY FAULT anything that happened, happened.

So basically, what I gather is that the CO -- in his infinite wisdom -- decided that I was FF'ing a bunch of marines on purpose. It was during the SD rush so we were under attack. I had an HPR so I had myself set up on a metal barricade behind a layer of plasteel (plasteel doesn't work with the bipod, for some reason), and I was firing into engineering and I scoring pretty good hits.

And then people started walking infront of me, because they obviously need a piece of that. And I'm mid-burst fire as that happens, so people get shot. I am aiming at the chest, but some shots still land on the head because of RNG.

And so they complain. As they do.

And then the CO steps up behind me, and starts pulling me, even though I was doing stuff well; at least from my perspective. And when I move back behind the position assuming It was an accidental push, he starts disarming me. While my gun is wielded. on a bipod.

It goes off twice. Once into the marine adjacent to me, and once into the CO, on bust fire. All shots are hits since they are both point blank from me. Now, had it ended there I wouldn't be making a report, but it's not a perfect world so it didn't.

The CO drags me back, tells me to drop my gun because "i am killing marines." So I'm like "They are walking infront of me!" and "Maybe if you didn't try to push me I wouldn't have shot you, too!" But then he whips out the mateba and BEs me, because... Reasons.

Obviously I am a danger to the marines. Marines who can't HELP but walk into the line of fire of a LMG. And the CO who just CAN'T HELP but disarm the person wielding the LMG. And then BE's that person, because of course they do; very good.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Can't scroll up far enough to get the logs anymore.

But there were plenty of people who saw it.

How you would punish the accused:
    A warning would probably be enough.

Seriously.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so I can say I saw your BE and, as Goddard Pearsall, there was a lot of things that need to be said. This was a very stressful round for Hakim for many reasons. First off, I had possibly my worst round as CAS PO with two extremely bad CAS runs, one of which breached at least one cade line. Quite possibly the only reason I wasn't BE'd was because my guilt and desire to make up for it made me at least still somewhat useful (during the Almayer defense I was more or less told to ensure the SD was functional or die trying).

Secondly, there was an incident where an SO had one of their Marines, a spec I think, marked for desertion because they left the planet to pick up ammo for their weapon. I think Hakim had to order the SO to report to the brig multiple times for that, but the situation in CIC was pretty tense.

Thirdly, still in the CIC, the Charlie SO got into a heated argument with their SL to the point where they could have potentially caused a mutiny, but the argument died down as the CO was dealing with the other SO.

Lastly, the SD was a very tense situation. Most of the doctors had chosen to flee to the pods rather than SD, wounded were piling up, and at one point the CMP and two others bolted themselves in the SD room and refused to activate it. The last part happened after your BE, but you get the idea.

From a roleplay standpoint, Hakim's reaction seemed 100% understandable to me. The operation was falling apart, people were either ignoring him or showing a level of incompetence he wasn't used to seeing from them specifically, and you were getting aggressive with him after he tried to chew you out for shooting Marines, even accidentally. Outside RP, as I said, Hakim was made aware of a potential mutiny threat, doctors were almost absent, there were only two or three people that could vend defibs, and so on. More likely than not, that incident was the final straw for him icly.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO Council will get to this at a later time, Anyone who saw this firsthand please speak up.

Otherwise rule 2.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Combat logs and conversation

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I play Jason Hakim. I figured this report would probably happen, and I'm sorry that your experience was diminished because of me executing you.

I saw you at the barricades facing west from the SD, into engineering. Multiple marines were trying to get some potshots in and you set up a tile back from the entrance to the hole in the wall. I saw you shoot one man's face bloody and he was screaming "what the fuck" or something and you shot another guy. I was telling you to stop, and I didn't want to shoot you then because you hadn't directly opposed my orders and you were in the middle of a crowd. I disarmed you instead, since I figured you were just going to keep shooting people anyway and I was wearing my chad CO armor which prevented me from getting owned.

I kept telling you to drop the gun because I couldnt trust you on the frontline of that shooting into the backs of other marines. You directly and verbally defied my orders, and after I said to drop it, you said "I am KILLING THINGS WITH IT."
    From my perspective the only things you were killing were marines, and that's why I Battlefield Executed you.

I couldn't announce this execution since this was a hectic SD defense, incase this is an issue brought up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was around next to Costello when the FF took place, as the guy who fortified the SD external. She had her HPR mounted on the second line of cades so she couldn't get slashed over the first line, but could shoot without the cades blocking it. People KEPT walking in front of her or standing on the frontline while she was shooting, and catching bullets. Their own fault for having zero awareness. I see the disarms from the CO, and due to the gun being wielded it hits MORE marines, the fault of the CO. Wasn't present for the BE itself, but it looks like he made pretty much zero effort to actually ascertain the situation beforehand, nor to order marines to stop standing in front of the gun, also causing more having by trying to disarm her.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will speak for behalf of the CO Council.

The BE that Soluble did was justified but we must warn you for future cases.

While the situation Soluble was in could've been handled better by avoiding disarm spams and better communication, the BE is justified considering that Code Delta/SD was active and the refusal of said marine to stop. So while the BE is valid, Soluble will be warned for this incident to remember this scenario and rethink his actions, to handle future situations better or to avoid such all together. For a BE a CO doesnt have to do much more than warn someone. Soulble's fault here however is for disarm spamming and not communicating properly as a CO should.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe sucked to have this happen to you, but I don't see any OOC rule breaks involved with this. SD is usually chaotic and harder to really convey messages across so I wouldn't expect any drawn-out RP or announcements on the matter. Only thing that can really be said is that disarm spam usually causes more problems than it fixes, but that's not breaking any rules. No actions required, resolved.