User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to XUR?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    powergaming was much more rampant back than then it is now, unironically enough, due to the way xenos played

1 xeno could reliably take 1 marine out of the round no matter who they were because of the double hugger meta. you could click on a marine twice, or pounce one and drop both huggers, and now they are stunned 4ever

and queen could shit out eggs rapidly at Elite and above (what we called it back then)

on top of that, the T3 castes were p insane back then. you could get decapped in one charge with a helmet on at full HP by ravagers, crushers had a AOE stomp in a 3x3 range + they could charge rapidly, and xenos had macros so they could rapidly switch between abilities depending on their caste, so good spitters could neuro then acid you in conjuction

thats just a small example of the bullshit xenos could pull off, so marines got creative (which got their shit nerfed), marines figured out another way to beat xenos, nerfed again, rinse and repeat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm biased cause I joined during double hugger meta but the mega hives it created and the real sense of danger of being singled out really hit home the feel of the game for me. Even tho Xur wasn't the greatest SL I've ever seen he was in the very least memorable albeit I've heard nowadays it was less due to ability and more due to cult of personality.

Whitelisted Synthetic themaskedman2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omega salty player, got banned from SL and stopped playing, then apparently his computer broke and he never really came back.

The very definition of a powergamer and salter, he would get mad at everything and had his own group of circlejerkers that would hype him up as the best most legendary player ever. Besides that he was alright I suppose when he wasn't constantly talking about how good he was or powergaming every little thing to win.

I remember fondly when he was screaming in dead chat that "Xenos do salty shit when they lose like Weed the Colony before Marines land." Like what? Weeds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like I'm becoming the new Xur with the whole cult of personality, but I do remember him a long long time ago, interesting guy, watched him a bit but didn't really make enough of him, saw him as just someone who was somewhat more robust than the people around him.

Godspeed Dinkle you magnificent bastard o7.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read the Banter squad post....and just Xur seemed different than anyone else playing yeah? He was the right person for the right time I suppose with the right players supporting him. Now I suppose with xenos easier to kill it's a lot harder to avoid shit-talk and disrespect in d-chat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old days were alpha and bravo were the best squads and they were all meta as fuck.

Alpha with Viktor 'Orbital' Kaipov as SL and Xur as Bravo's SL.

The marines who did powergame, like Xur, Boris, Harry Cowper, Noah Kirchner and others were a consequence of how shit was to fight againts the xenos back in the day. You see today, as the game is more balanced toward marines you don't see those type of players anymore because you can play 'the legal way' and still get kills.
    Last edited by Heckenshutze; 04-01-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember those day. He dragged me off the cave all the way to LZ once while one leg crippled and injured. Sometimes he RP pretty well. Very friendly too. Indeed very notable player back then.

Back then I wouldn't care much on powergaming and all that shit so I barely notice what was wrong or out of places since it's either xeno major or marine anyway. It's just one round and others.
    Last edited by Gut_TC; 04-01-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, so this is what its like to be hated on for being a good guy, and half of these accusations are 100% false or misinformed. GG Reno and Rigga, I'm happy to have been an influence on you both to be better leaders.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xurphorus View Post
    Wow, so this is what its like to be hated on for being a good guy, and half of these accusations are 100% false or misinformed. GG Reno and Rigga, I'm happy to have been an influence on you both to be better leaders.
    i'm sure you were a good guy to your meta group on skype, while setting up mutinies for no reason, or throwing baby hissy fits in the req line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can't be civilised this'll be closed.