Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Remove Ice From Rotation

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    few things
    1) we need to collect more things about ice and prison about crashes they cause
    2) we have no ability to fix this issue besides poking Lummox, but we still try to find something that might.
    3) we cannot reproduce these issues on our machines. The reason maps crash is the amount of players + something

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, most of my dislike for Ice is because its setup is suboptimal for the Marines to the extreme. Half the map is untouchable by OBs, CAS, and Mortars while being cut off from the other half by near-incomprehensible ladders and elevators that don't match up in any way that makes sense. For an example, underground Disposals might as well be a fast travel hub with how many nearby ladders it has and how far apart they are on the surface. The ladders and elevators make assaulting the underground a death sentence for the Marines unless the Xenos seriously messed up a surface assault or are simply uncoordinated as all hell.

Naturally, Xenos will do everything in their power to ensure the major conflict takes place underground, while the Marines will avoid going down like the plague until one side either gets tired of waiting or staff force them to attack the other.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After we resolve the crash issues, Prison is likely to receive some changes (especially the ring).
    Ice has been on the chopping block for a while; it has fundamental issues, and we're hoping to replace it.
    As you know, we're trying to get Trijent out at the moment, but work on Ice's replacement should commence soon after.
    Last edited by Slywater; 04-07-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing you have time for one round and seeing 12:06 - Ice Colony is probably the worst feeling you can ever have on CM.
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICE is supposed to be replaced and it was on the "chopping block" for a while? Take that "Toothpaste" post! Rejoice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote dam and leave

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteryBan View Post
    Vote dam and leave

This message is too short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vote trijent dam and leave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slywater View Post
    After we resolve the crash issues, Prison is likely to receive some changes (especially the ring).
    Ice has been on the chopping block for a while; it has fundamental issues, and we're hoping to replace it.
    As you know, we're trying to get Trijent out at the moment, but work on Ice's replacement should commence soon after.
    This shook me to my very core.
    Ice was my favorite map as a marine and as a xeno. the whole aspect that it was one of the hardest maps to play on since the cold was harsh and half of the map was underground forced marines to stick together and power through the ridged wasteland. I loved the fact every marine had to wear a heated face coif to protect themselfs, and enjoyed that the Tank could use the plow, along with the cool armor and clothes.
    8-10 rounds i played on ice where super close rounds, with seeing power plays by both sides. i understand the issues it had, very little community support cause of the recent crashes and everyone hating the meme "ICE IS NICE", the logistics issues and command issues it had within the game Roleplay wise, since teams where very split up, and command had a hard time getting things together.
    It pains me to see ice go, but all great things must come to an end. i will truly miss Ice and it will go down as my single most coveted map, from the deepest part of my little marine heart i salute you Ice. Rest in Code heaven.