User Tag List

Thread: The "click"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "click"

Whenever I design a character to roleplay as, I always strive to reach the moment when the entire personality just comes together and everything just "clicks." It's when that happens that I become able to really effortlessly adopt the character's way of thinking and acting. From there the character becomes a lot more fun to play because everything feels natural.

For those of you on the server who really do enjoy roleplaying, perhaps you've experienced something similar. What was that moment like for you when all the personality traits of your character just "clicked?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree.

I do find that my characters attitude and behaviour is modified to his role (and thus changes to a different universe or time period of the character)

The one thing which makes me sad is that some people cannot tell the difference between a role played character and the OOC person.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bunch of different characters when i first started playing cm, but lost them all when the sprites changed. Started playing Goosen exclusively afterwards and was really into SG. I think staying in the back and trying to help marines that were wounded just kind of led to someone that loved the corps and his fellow marines. Sometimes I will deviate a bit but rarely, so it just kind of grew from there
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when ana bow's lovely british charm got them to convince a captain to reassign a riflewoman to anything but their job during an active combat operation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trace Taylor clicked instantly: He is a badass that top frags every operation and treats mlady's with respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see what you mean with this, but playing the same name for a lot of roles requires some flexibility, as stated before.

My character as command is far different from any of the combatant roles, not to mention doctors and so on. Juggling characters between roles would be too much of a hassle for me, so can we have role-specific character selection, devs?
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere