Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreven - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Drevenshekel

Player Name You Use Most?
    Wamakahana Windhealer

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    I don't have any previous appeals or applications

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    I have not had any bans

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    ah the BE, I cannot say I am a fan of how I have seen it used most of the time. Personally speaking I likely wouldn't ever resort to BE unless their was someone straight up trying to murderbone me, I just think its more interesting to handle such situations with RP and not have to prematurely end somebodies round.

The BE differs from a regular execution in several ways, the execution involves the MP's in the situation, giving them something to do. It also involves alot more RP from all sides, and allows for a sort of mini event to be held where marines get to view the execution/yell at MPs/mutiny and kill everyone etc. The BE takes all the fluff, fun and RP out of the execution and is basically just the CO kicking somebody from the round. Because of these reasons, I would prefer to use the execution in the vast majority of cases where it is warranted.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    Engineer: For an insubordinate engineering staff I would first refer to the CE and tell him to pull his subordinate in line, since I prefer not to micromanage and snoop into every department I would trust him first with the responsibility of maintaining order in his section (this also engages more players in the situation which I think leads to better RP).

However if the engineer continued to show insubordination, I would directly engage with the engineer and ask him why he is acting the way he is. If he has a valid complaint that can be addressed then I will do so, however if a compromise cannot be reached and he continues to be insubordinate and unreasonable then I would be forced to send in the bois in red to give him a friendly reminder to get back on task.

I would apply this formula to any insubordinate staff member, first make them answer to their immediate higher up, then make them answer to me and finally make them answer to the MP's.

SO: I mean, we were all playing SO for the first time at some point and I know from experience that when your having trouble working the console the last thing you want is your CO yelling at you. I'd at first try to work out what he is having trouble with IC, and provide pointers on what to do. If that doesen't work then I would provide him OOC help and link him the SO wiki page. From there the SO can only learn and get better, although I would makesure to not give him too much of a workload and perhaps delegate him to SOing the FoB squad or running more simple ship errands.

XO: The XO is the one role on the ship that you really can't have questioning you in public, nothing quite undermines morale and trust in command than "The CO and XO are fighting". This is not to say that I would not take criticism or suggestions from my XO, however I would want him to show me the respect of making such criticisms and suggestions in private, just as I would were the roles reversed (or if I were to criticize the XO as CO, I would try not to do it in front of other marines).

The XO is my right hand man and if the right hand isn't working in tandem with the left then were not gonna get much done, I would take the XO aside and have a firm talk to him. If he was making valid criticisms but just in the wrong place then I would explain to him the importance of showing a strong and united command front to the Marines, and then make moves to address the issues he raised.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To give the marines a plan of action and strategy to follow, but also not micromanage squads and let SL's work within the framework set by command. Also to provide an engaging experience for the marines with a proper amount of RP, the commander should be competitive with his tactics but not to the point where it is a simple unga rush every round because that is no fun for either side.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I think CO is in a pretty good spot following the update, I don't think I have any real further suggestions for it. I mean if I had my way I would probably just remove the BE entirely or give it to the CMP (and give him a fancy commissar hat) for the reasons I gave in the previous answer, although I don't think that would be too popular.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I think I can provide a fun RP heavy CO who will make for memorable rounds and interesting character interactions, while also providing a unique tribal-esque atmosphere that plays into much of the current marine "unga dunga" culture, while also providing more unique strategies for marines to play out.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Do you mind if I take from the enlistment record I've been writing on my dossier? I'm not too good at normal story writing. This covers the fabled rise of Wamakahana Windhealer, from lowly auxiliary tracker to Great Chief of the Almayer, most of which is loosely based upon my in round shenanigans (I got permission to use Fifer's namesake).

>Volunteered himself as a local tracker and guide to USCM during the "Space Alamo" campaign of 2166 upon the world of [REDACTED].

>Following the conclusion of the campaign, Wamakahana Windhealer was offfically drafted by USCM forces under Clause 24 of the Stateless and Planetless Person's Act.

>Transferred to active combat duty in the 2nd Battalion of the 4th Brigade 'Falling Falcons' in 2171, following a WY diversity audit of USCM forces on the outer rim.

>Reported M.I.A in 2172 following an ambush on his unit from local CLF rebels.

>Arrested on grounds of mental instability after returning to USCM base alone and wounded with 14 human scalps tied to his belt.

>Acquitted from previous arrest on grounds of cultural inclusion after request from WY personnel. Practice of scalping enemy corpses subsequently added under category of 'Legal Trophies of War', article 24 of Marine Law.

>Promoted to Staff Sergeant after the scalps were verified to belong to local members of the CLF, including several high ranking insurgent leaders.

>Successfully leads Charlie squad during the "Big Red" campaign, due to budget cuts the Falling Falcons were without any armored units and found themselves often heavily outnumbered by the UPP backed CLF rebels. Staff Sargent Windhealer is noted with innovating the use of the "War Wagon", an infantry technique that involves a PFC dragging a smartgunner mounted upon a movable platform such as a wheelchair.

>Promoted to the rank of Lieutenant following the successful deployment of the "Windhealer War Wagon Mk5", a vastly improved version of the previously noted device that swapped out the wheelchair for a much more maneuverable office chair. Through the use of these "War Wagons", Charlie squad was capable of making a breach in the CLF lines leading to dozens of rebels being captured and dozens more scalped. It is also noted that several complaints were made about Staff Sargent Windhealer and Charlie squad, mostly from Alpha squad marines after viewing Windhealer and his soldiers scalping still living CLF rebels. The complaints were overruled by the Commodore at the time, one Frans 'Friendly' Fifer, however the Alpha marines were not forced to attend a "scalping seminar" that the Staff Sargent demanded they come to.

>Lieutenant Windhealer is promoted to Executive Officer aboard the USS Almayer following a terrorist attack during shore leave aboard LV-624. A targeted bombing of a planetside hotel left much of the Falling Falcons lower command staff dead including the Executive Officer. LT Windhealer was absent due to his refusal to take shore leave in the main colony and rather spent his time unsuccessfully hunting for "Dreadlocked Skinwalkers" in the jungles surrounding the settlement. The perpetrators of the attack are never found, the most likely candidates are predicted to be CLF sleeper agents, however LT Windhealer continually presses that it was the "evil skinwalker man'sur coming to claim his spirit bounty".

>Executive Officer Windhealer serves under Commodore Frans Fifer successfully during several operations, earning a medal of exceptional heroism for leading troops on the ground, as well as a distinguished conduct medal for conducting full operations under supervision of Commander Fifer. Windhealer is noted as being an "Aggressive but focused XO, who is perhaps a little too willing to get his hands dirty for a marine of his rank"

>Following a personal recommendation by Commodore Fifer, Commander Wamakahana Windhealer is considered for promotion to Captain of the USS Almayer and the Falling Falcons battalion. The recommendation is still in process and a decision is expected to be made within a few weeks as Windhealer undergoes inspection by the Admiralty board.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's a nice big Plus 1 right there.

Clearly put in effort. Cleary can RP, and is extremely active as an XO. A great player all around, and has many scalps in his collection.

+1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to think the whole windhealer thing was a gimmick, but he can lead well.
    +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely active in Command and Marine roles. The gimmick is quite funny and it doesn't really get overbearing for me nor do I get sick of it.

You are a solid roleplayer as I rarely see you break character and your not a shitler.

I've been saying you'd have my +1 for a while now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers fellas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is really nice and always has a unique but enjoyable presence. +1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A nice guy to have has SL or has SO, wouldn't mind having the great chief with us ! +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windhealer has already demonstrated that he knows how to practice RP properly and that he is a good leader, regardless of his role. +1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have only had a few experiences with you and every time you stick with how you play your character. Just be sure you don�t go over the top if you get CPT, as people need too understand you. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windhealer's a cool guy and I wouldn't mind his gimmick. We're all here to have fun at the end of the day. However Windhealer the war chariot does need to stop cause its seen as LRP in some eyes even though its funny cause we're here to have fun. I would suggest not doing it as a captain cause people start getting riled up. However its a 1+ from me.