User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SolidFury7 - MPs not folling ML

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are looking into another rework for marine law so feel free to PM me any glaring issues you have with it and we�ll look st addressing them.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    We are looking into another rework for marine law so feel free to PM me any glaring issues you have with it and we�ll look st addressing them.
    Will do, thanks for the info.

On another note, I just figured out that I was charged with contraband, assault and NoD. Wasn't there something about only being able to apply one sentence per charge? As in, from those 3 things, only one can be handed out?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuku_myo View Post
    Will do, thanks for the info.

On another note, I just figured out that I was charged with contraband, assault and NoD. Wasn't there something about only being able to apply one sentence per charge? As in, from those 3 things, only one can be handed out?
    As a head of department/officer. You can be assigned NoD on top of standard charges. The assault charge was included for context in the announcement for the crew and made no difference to your timer as your timer already exceeded 60 minutes, even with the simple contraband charge.

Multiple charges for separate incidents can be included (so someone can be charged for 2 crimes if they occurred during different times, aka someone breaking in to the armory. Then 5 minutes later assaulting a doctor could receive assault and trespass for example)

Tldr: three charges were listed for context but only two could be pressed due to being an head/officer and it being a singular incident for your second brig time

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    As a head of department/officer. You can be assigned NoD on top of standard charges. The assault charge was included for context in the announcement for the crew and made no difference to your timer as your timer already exceeded 60 minutes, even with the simple contraband charge.

Multiple charges for separate incidents can be included (so someone can be charged for 2 crimes if they occurred during different times, aka someone breaking in to the armory. Then 5 minutes later assaulting a doctor could receive assault and trespass for example)

Tldr: three charges were listed for context but only two could be pressed due to being an head/officer and it being a singular incident for your second brig time
    Ah, well, that makes sense then.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be addressing what I see as the key points to this report, but if something is not an issue I will not be speaking on it.

1) The CMP threatened the CMO with death. "William 'Jester' Crimson: "CMO" "Track that fucking body" "Or I'll track yours out the fucking airlock"
    This is something that MPs/CMP cannot do. To threaten someone with an action that will result in their death falls under "Assault with a deadly weapon" and is something no MP/CMP should be doing.

2) The CMP does not have authority over the CMO on code red and cannot order them, in this case tracking the dead MP. They are a Department head. And while not directly in the chain of command they, and other doctors, are certainly more than the civilians that are picked up from the planet.

3) The CMP tazed the CMO for no reason other than to berate them for not following their order, though it is unclear if the CMO was operating on a patient, or preparing to operate on a patient, or not as surgery logs do not show in extended logs.
    This is assault. While marines are often accidently tazed in the line of duty by an MP chasing a slippery suspect, and this is overlooked, tazing someone intentionally to yell at them is a different matter.

4) The charge of Contraband for the CMO drugging the Doctor was incorrect. The law specifically mentions the distribution of drugs. In this case where the CMO used the drugs to put one doctor to sleep, it should have only been a charge of assault.

With all of this happening in the course of one round I will be jobbaning Solidfury from CMP. He is free to appeal this at a later date.

Resolved.