User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trijent Dam; Logistics Nightmare

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main issue I see right now is that it is really easy for Xenos to draw out a game by hiding in the infinite expanse of the map.

The sensor array is a good touch but almost no one knows about it.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    The main issue I see right now is that it is really easy for Xenos to draw out a game by hiding in the infinite expanse of the map.

The sensor array is a good touch but almost no one knows about it.
    Can confirm, I've heard of it, but I have absolutely no clue where it is, or what to do with it if I were to find it.

Doesn't help that the map on the wiki is outdated.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For reference to anyone who is not aware, the Sensor Array, when repaired, will display the location of every single xenomorph on the planet to the CIC Tacmap.

This, assuming good level of coordination and map knowledge, can let CIC direct the Marines to the location (and also numbers) of remaining Xenos on the map.

The positioning of the array seems to imply its intention as a Marine endgame asset since its location is very deep in traditional xeno territory.

Last I recall, its located around the dig site.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What dam needs is some way of getting around quickly. So, you need to add in some kind of ground transport

DS that can land at any spot: corporate mercs already has this iirc, so, not impossible

APC's: would be useful in general, what with the ability to offer a mechanized assault. Two tiles wide, machinegun that fires in bursts, faster than a tank, everyone could find a use for that. Again, corporate mercs has this, so...

Repairable trucks: would be useful in that these are (so far) only on trijent so you won't have people blitzing all the way to lambda like with the APC's (if that's something you don't want), could be nice and zoggin' fast. Also could have the ability to an MG on for the extra punch/memes.

Working trainline: nothing says unga dunga like an up-armoured train with guns sticking out the side sending a horde of PFC's spewing from the doors. Also allows you to control where exactly said redshirts can go. Leben's pulled this off before but that one wasn't too smooth. Still possible tho.
    Last edited by tauman; 04-12-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the issues to me seems to be how "on top" each other the LZs are (in relation to how big the map is). They are both as west as you can get. The irony is that for as big as the map is, it is extremely linear.

Every game has marines pushing east, getting killed and retreating west along basically the same 2 roads (I seem to end most games bleeding to death on the road south of administration). These roads are the fastest roads which you have to travel because of the map size, further limited by the water/bridge. This just plays into the xenos hands. They can setup the same ambushes, and wait knowing that marines are ONLY going to come from the west. And since the water blocks marines, but not xenos; they flank all day.

When a dropship does land at LZ2, I see marines push north to LZ1, then east along the same roads, essentially negating the point of LZ2. In my mind right now there is no point in having LZ2 where it is.

What do we think would happen if we moved LZ2 to the east side of the map near Excavation?

This would allow reinforcements to come from two directions, with retreats in two directions, and make the center of the map a bit more "holdable" for the marines.

I think in a nutshell the map is just too dam big. There are enormous pieces of it I bet 95% of the players havent even been to yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's strictly size of the map, but flow. It's just too open in general - and that openness helps xenos in particular.

With that said, the changes to LZ2 since the original iteration of the map have helped improve defensibility for marines. You can actually make a FOB there which will last, though you don't have enough time/materials for building that FOB until a good 45-90 minutes on the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when we where all praising the map and awaiting its arrival like a young child awaits Christmas? Now all we can do is shit talk it...regular CM community here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim_inc View Post
    Remember when we where all praising the map and awaiting its arrival like a young child awaits Christmas? Now all we can do is shit talk it...regular CM community here...
    Almost like Trijent, since it first appeared, has suffered from exactly the same problems as Ice without any attempt to correct them, hmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    Almost like Trijent, since it first appeared, has suffered from exactly the same problems as Ice without any attempt to correct them, hmm
    Let's be honest though, the map was cut in size to address the issues and they never were quite as bad as Ice with the ladders.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    Let's be honest though, the map was cut in size to address the issues and they never were quite as bad as Ice with the ladders.
    Less than half of the map still gets used. It's either huge open areas that are impossible for marines to secure and that xenos can just bop around in with no restrictions, or tiny corriders with junctions every 7 or so tiles that it's impossible for marines to push down due to flanks. Not to forget the impossibility for marines to secure chokepoints because xenos can just walk around them, and more besides.