User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With the addition of mutators, any talk about adding Radioactive damage being added?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add radiation to maps and force marines to equip gas masks (VERY useful and cool item btw). In signature CM fashion, have radiation continue to do nothing againsf aliens. VERY cool and realistic gameplay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested if some maps had a radiological hazard and Marines had to wear NBC Gear, which would be more a fluff thing than anything else.

Aside from that, radiation damage would be nothing but a major annoyance for the Marines, and unnecessary additional pressure on medics to bring even more medical items that they normally would not bring.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see a map where most of it is low tide water and the rest like little mini islands as well as some big ones (checkpoints) but maybe on some rounds either by admins or survivor fuckery pour chemicals into the water from like a nuclear power plant or some other place that would either slow or hurt the benos but it would also harm marines forcing them to wear THICC armor and clothes or maybe a suit that slows them down as well as provide less protection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radiation hazards are already in the game, and have been in ss13 for like... almost a decade.

I'm not sure how much of it has been removed from CM due to devs desire to excise everything ss13 from the game that isn't strictly required for cm to work, but I know that standing next to the uranium walls in the reactor on solaris will give you radiation poisoning, and the ss13 code CM is based on should have radiological events like radiation/ion storms and the singularity which can irradiate the crew. These things also fucked with your genetic code and caused mutations in regular ss13, but AFAIK all of genetics and the fun stuff that comes from it has been removed already.

As it is, radiation deals toxin damage right now, and it used to deal genetic damage in regular ss13.

The radiation damage itself should be based on the lighting system from what I recall, with radiation damage following similar inverse square law relationships (As it should), so you take more radiation damage the closer you are to the source. The singularity and supermatter engines in particular worked off radiation - you had to put particle collecters close to the radiation source to collect energy from the respective engines, with various ways of increasing the amount of radiation emitted by the engine (and thus power collected).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed i do think as one who plays mostly as medic that the slots i have in my belts are almost not enough, i use satchel but if i had to carry a protein bar of extra equipemnt i would have to change to the backpack, so far so good but,

Red russian suck, i hate the way it works honeslty, its unstable close to other meds,
    plus healing mutations suck most of the time cause usally they do some kind of special damge, like blind, deaf, mute, extra arm, so yeah i would carry a Ryetalyn bottle pill too

so 2 more itens... meh i can do it if i change my loadout a bit, but that would mean at least for me throwing away my 2 personal care pills oxy/tram and tricord injector,

its bad by itself but can do

but then you remember that CM ss13 isn't a calm game and having to treat
    brute oxy burns toxin, brones, IB, bleeding, is a lot aready (all of it if you are not thinking about a mate who needs to be defib, 200 damage and you can defib, a lot of times i save a marine with 100 burns 90 brute and 8 oxy, if he had a little more damage i would not be able to save him, so giving red russian would be pretty bad)

also if a soldier passed out in the radiation area saving him would not only mean he would be with radiation to the brim, but also exposing myself to it, over and over and over again with every marine. man

its not just 2 more items (that would be bad by itself) it would be way more things to take care of, (plus doctors in the shipside would need the 2 cryos back i would dare saying cause giving red russiam to a dying marine is taking a risk, unless you get him in cryo)

ps:
    red russian pros and con
    Advanced Radiation Healing
    Will inflict minor Brute Damage
    Slight Toxin Healing
    and sure one could carry
    Hyronalin
    but its a slow to work drug as far as i know, and even tho its "no risk" if its too mach damage, you will need something faster

so that could mean carring
    red
    Hyronalin
    ryetalyn

so yeah complicated, i would personally ask chemist to mix it all in one pills, but them its another thing to ask the aready busy chemist to do, and make the aready haste start round as medic even more hasty,

so please just no, sounds like a good idea but.. i don't THINK it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if some changes where made to lifesaver belt,
    russian red
    and things around it

COULD

be nice tho

and makes the masks good again, (man i wish i could use that mask, but using it is so terrible i can't take it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wouldn't be a good change, purely because back when I played doctor, I'm 99% sure I was the only one who ever made anti-rad medicine. Some other types of damage need changing, cough cough burn, but no real additions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would you ever use Russian Red over hyronalin. Even arithrazine is a better alternative since it's just minor brute that could be healed with a trauma kit/tricord.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really just sounds like an awful time for marines/medics, Spitter acid already does great damage.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no