User Tag List

Thread: Lianvee - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lianvee - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Lianvee
    Character Name?
    Nicolas Armando
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    420M.Y.K
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    N/A
    What other servers do you play on?
    *TG, #BeeStation

*Unsure, been a while and can't remember well if I ever set foot there.
    #Less then a week of playtime.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Never banned before.
    Reason for Ban
    Attempting to get killed as a larva -- didn't work, slithered past unharmed -- and try to board a dropship before even evolving. Twice.
    *Suiciding as an evolved xenomorph by leaving the dropship right as it was launching, getting left behind.

*Ghosted in a safe spot moments prior to this, someone took control of the larva then evolved. This went unnoticed until I mentioned it.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    A few things I'd like to state first:
    - Only been playing on CM for roughly two weeks, still fairly new to the community and learning the ropes. Although I got acquainted quickly with the rules and mechanics due to me being a fast learner. This doesn't mean I can be expected to fully follow them however as I am bound to forget from time to time.
    - I am an individual prone to be influenced by their emotions (especially anger), making me act careless about my actions and become unable to think straight until I'm able to get ahold of myself and calm down.
    - This issue was discussed a little after the job ban via PMs on the server. Being honest with the staff member, I wasn't given a 3-hour ban, and told to send an appeal here so I could get unbanned from aliens. Which is what I'm doing now after not being arsed to do it the same day it happend.

What's gotten me in here in the first place was the mad anger I had upon putting myself in crit as a survivor by welding doors while not wearing a welding mask (which is silly). That manifested itself upon my respawn as a larva bursting from said survivor, in which I went for a mad dash in an attempt to get killed by the marines -- which by sheer luck didn't happen as I slithered my way across and under them -- and had the change of plans of boarding the dropship at all cost, didn't work and got me killed. Once I respawned again as another larva, I tried to do the same as last time except I wasn't as angry like before, but a staff member stepped in (420M.Y.K probably? I don't have the greatest memory) to warn me of what I was doing and that I would risk a ban if I didn't listen to what the queen said and died. At that point, since I cooled down, my mind was stuck in a dilema between ignoring everything and just do what I had in mind or hear what's been said and go back to the hive. I chose the former since there's no point in me earning the xenos another larva loss just because of me trying to do a stupid thing after I got angry. Sent the larva close to the queen and ghosted to allow another person to take the little guy.
    Although apparently they got left behind once the queen ordered the dropship to launch once they evolved to a caste, the staff member still thinking it was me still but was not. Took me a little to respond back and say I ghosted.

I'll understand if it's not possible to accept this appeal I'm making given how little playtime I have on the server compared to other players, but I want to get this out so it might be considered in a near future. I am aware that getting willingly killed as a larva is a no-no, and going so long without evolving and wasting a potential slot is a no-no either, and that previous lives shouldn't matter into the current one regardless of what happend in said lives.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Lianvee and welcome to the CM-SS13 community.

Thank you for your appeal, it is well written, detailed and to the point.

I would like to point out that "- I am an individual prone to be influenced by their emotions (especially anger), making me act careless about my actions and become unable to think straight until I'm able to get ahold of myself and calm down" is entirely on you; it doesn't justify or minimize the severity of your actions. By joining the community, you accept to play by its rules and it is your responsability to adjust your actions, and if necessary, personality. Staff will treat you like any other player when it comes to rule enforcement.

Deadchat is a great salt river in which you can pour your frustration after an obviously unfair death as long as it's not toxic.
    Clicking the red cross on the top right corner of your screen can also save you in certain circumstances.

That being said, I support your appeal and look forward to playing with you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Righti-o.

Very close to closing up this Appeal, just waiting for a little more internal feedback. Other than that, I will be finishing this up tonight/in the morning.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, with internal discussion, we've decided to lift the job bans from Xeno and Queen.

Resolved. Accepted.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager